• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxum

Edit: Sent ^

What time is it?! MASTERY TIME!

Waited so long to do this, lol.

Shit man, you need to do something about your mod situation.... Unless of course there are now 11k different mods in the game, in which case, carry on.

On another note, finding it hard to get myself some credits for some reason, I mean, sure I can get a few thousand per mission but that isn't sustaining the amount of stuff I have to build to catch up my time out of the game. I've been selling a fair number of my mods, basically just keeping 1 of each mod as highly leveled as I can. Just don't seem to be getting anywhere with keeping up my credits, anyone got any hints for where to get some credits or is it just a 'play until you can't build anything anymore' thing?

I never sell my mods. Hoard it all to use as fusing fodder!

Like, I finally got that stack of sentinel Ghost mods below 100 by maxing some stances with'em. Had so many of those, lol.

All my credits come from farming Void missions...

Raxum

I never sell my mods. Hoard it all to use as fusing fodder!

Like, I finally got that stack of sentinel Ghost mods below 100 by maxing some stances with'em. Had so many of those, lol.

All my credits come from farming Void missions...

Ah okay, I haven't really gotten back to farming those just yet, been trying to concentrate on unlocking every node, which I'm starting to tire of, so I guess I'll use some of my void keys at some stage.

Took me a while when I first got back to realize that duplicate mods stacked now, mainly because the fusion cores don't... They really need to add that in, I had like 500 cores unused and it's horrible to scroll through them when you only have 200-300 mods besides them.

Ugh, is anyone else having trouble launching the game?

noworkinghyjfd.png

^ "10:15 PM EDT Update: We are getting a bit of maintenance out of the way that is interrupting connectivity, we expect this to be completed very soon."

Launcher worked for me, though.

Also, for those interested, the magical MSpaint dojo plans:

LGBAOrK.png

Phase 1: Bring what is currently our basement up a floor. Reactors! Yay!
Phase 2: Destroy current basement, move oracle somewhere else until I can destroy the down elevator and put oracle in its place
Phase 3: Destroy all the labs to make way for the halls (damn pre-reqs)
Phase 4: Build Grandest Hall
Phase 5: Build everything else
Phase 6: ???
Phase 7: Profit
Phase 8: Hope they don't add anything major to the dojo for a while.

Not going to build a trophy room because, well, you know.

metalshade

Phase 1: Bring what is currently our basement up a floor. Reactors! Yay!
Phase 2: Destroy current basement, move oracle somewhere else until I can destroy the down elevator and put oracle in its place
Phase 3: Destroy all the labs to make way for the halls (damn pre-reqs)
Phase 4: Build Grandest Hall
Phase 5: Build everything else
Phase 6: ???
Phase 7: Profit
Phase 8: Hope they don't add anything major to the dojo for a while.

Not going to build a trophy room because, well, you know.

Man am I glad you know what you are doing with Dojo planning, that stuff gives me headaches!
Hoping we will get invited to the Spear Confederation Alliance soon, just waiting to hear back form the Gryphus Tech Warlord.
Also, congrats on your Rhino Prime Saavedro, may he bring you stompy funtimes.

Because why not, here is my totally op, ready for end-game setup.
40ABBD370CD1E58E01CFE7C3C5207689104E1415

can i get an invite my id is: Aroused_platypus i was thinking of transferring my account to ps4 but between the framerate issues and getting updates later i decided to stick with pc

Okay so my friend and i have started playing this, we had played before and hit Venus and then quit. I'm getting the hang of things, but i'm confused about a certain aspect of mods. I'm playing the mage Warframe (i can use pull, crush, etc. can't recall name off hand) and i picked up a mod called Freeze, but i can't seem to equip it. The card doesn't say which Warframe it's for, it just says Warframe in the bottom left and then something like C10. Is this for a different warframe than mine, or am i missing something on how to equip it.

Hyun Sai

Welcome back !

Freeze is for the warframe named Frost. Mag got Pull, Shield polarize, Bullet Attractor and Crush.

You dont have more than 4 powers per Frame, so every warframe power card you may find ( double slash polarity) is for another frame. Well, that's not exactly true now as there are some stances with double dash, but it's for the melee weapons.

Moobabe

Hey guys!

So I'm trying to update my PS4 version but I'm having issues. I've deleted Warframe entirely and have reinstalled it - the version the PS4 downloads off the store is Update #10.

When I run Warframe a patch starts to download outside of the game through PSN - when it finishes it says "Cannot complete the update."

When I run Warframe itself it "verifies" my cache and then checks for updates but never finds one.

Has anyone had similar problems at all on PS4?

Welcome back !

Freeze is for the warframe named Frost. Mag got Pull, Shield polarize, Bullet Attractor and Crush.

You dont have more than 4 powers per Frame, so every warframe power card you may find ( double slash polarity) is for another frame. Well, that's not exactly true now as there are some stances with double dash, but it's for the melee weapons.

Ahh i see, thanks!

metalshade

Hey guys!

So I'm trying to update my PS4 version but I'm having issues. I've deleted Warframe entirely and have reinstalled it - the version the PS4 downloads off the store is Update #10.

When I run Warframe a patch starts to download outside of the game through PSN - when it finishes it says "Cannot complete the update."

When I run Warframe itself it "verifies" my cache and then checks for updates but never finds one.

Has anyone had similar problems at all on PS4?

Sorry you are having troubles, but this is the PC thread, post your PS4 issues here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712282

Hey guys, I've some extra stance mods.

Burning Wasp x1
Fracturing Wind x1
Iron Phoenix x1
Reaping Spiral x1
Sundering Weave x2

Would love to trade for ones I don't have!

Tranquil Cleave being the biggest one since I'm leveling katana next.

glaurung

Finally got my Oberon built and I already started work on Ash (well, I had all the bits anyhow). Now I'm relatively broke.

I scored a Dual Horzen (axes) blueprint from the daily login raffle.

Levelin Oberon in areas where there are more players is hard. Below rank 5 I get maybe two hits and then I'm down. Plus I cannot keep up with the running alongside high level players.

Currently leveling Dread and Tysis. Tysis is almost rank 30 now and it has gotten a lot better than it was at a low rank. Dread is a monstrous bow, but I feel that it does not really suit my play stile. I think I also have the new crossbow built, maybe I will give that one a try.

Other than that, the latest update messed up the net code something horrid. I get constant firewall warnings and lagging with some players is absolutely abysmal. Still, will keep playing.

Overall player level 5 now.

sophora

Farming for Tranquil Cleave too, leveled the Nikana and Dragon Nikana in one night thanks to just running a side-arm+melee I do now. The experience bonus you get just from not having one weapon equipped is a nice chunk, mastering stuff I've been putting off just by wearing it while melee-ing everything. Such a nice exp-share thing going on.

Waiting on taking on the new Vay Hek boss, especially since you gotta farm the key parts to get to him. Still want Hydroid, though the tentacles are starting to wear on me for how much players tend to spam it the most...they probably don't know that I already disarmed them.

Loki for next prime please DE haha

ugh i just need 4 argon crystals and i will never touch the stuff again(until the next update brings more awesome stuff put behind this wall of grind)does anyone have any ideas where they drop the most t1? t2? capture? defense?

sophora

ugh i just need 4 argon crystals and i will never touch the stuff again(until the next update brings more awesome stuff put behind this wall of grind)does anyone have any ideas where they drop the most t1? t2? capture? defense?

Break open containers and lockers in Void missions. Did a few T3 Exterminates and found enough to craft the katanas. Thinking T3 will yield the most for you.

K.Sabot

I got 4 argon crystals in one run and have nothing to use them on. : P

We're nearing Phase 3 of the Dojo reconstruction plans!

Grab any blueprints you want to get soon, as it's going to be a few days before the labs are rebuilt!

Hum, just downloaded this today to try with some friends. BF4's frame rates are just not worth the struggle right now. -.- Is it typical enough for a first-time update to stick on the 'verifying download cache' for ages?

In-game will be program9 if any other total newbies wanna add, otherwise you're probably best off avoiding me. >.>

Ketch

Watching RtZs SF get 103 cs in 11min is inspirational.

Woops. I meant to say.... Uhh I like warframe.

I jumped back in for a bit, the new melee is fun. And it looks like they did another graphics pass. Warframe gets more updates then pretty much any other f2p game.

Nearing Phase 4 of the Dojo rebuild. The 24hr build time of each individual clan hall is brutal. I've used some of the platinum people have donated over the years to speed it up a bit, but ugh, still taking a while. Such crap that you have to build them in order to build the next one.

Once we get this Grandest Hall though, the Dojo should be back up to snuff in no time.

Hum, just downloaded this today to try with some friends. BF4's frame rates are just not worth the struggle right now. -.- Is it typical enough for a first-time update to stick on the 'verifying download cache' for ages?

In-game will be program9 if any other total newbies wanna add, otherwise you're probably best off avoiding me. >.>

I was really hoping to play this a bit over the weekend and keep the thread somewhat updated with my progress, or at least hang out with the NeoGAF clan. (Thanks for the add by the way, you guys work quickly.) But I ended up not being on the internet at all for the weekend, got totally distracted...by the game itself. The game (and playing it with friends who were hanging out here for the weekend) sucked me in like absolutely nothing has before.

As you can see from the post quoted above, I installed this on Friday night and started playing sometime after ten o'clock. I took these screenshots last night before bed.

4y2vi0Q.png

Steam is less kind:
5mnc1xu.png

I should feel ashamed, I know, but I don't. It was an incredible weekend of grinding, brick wall missions, failing rank tests, reviving, and of course, finding out the shnakey ways they try to get you to buy Platinum.

I started with the Mag warframe, which was a very good choice for me (can use Pull/Crush as panic buttons), and I'm in mid-build of a Valkyr now.

Suffice to say, I'm enjoying it, and you'll be seeing a fair bit of me most likely.

^ Haha! The game does do that. It's a grind, we know it's a grind, but it's just... a fun and addictive one for some reason.

If you feel ashamed at that play time, I should die on the spot for mine. I've been playing since the beginning... Steam time doesn't count though, since anyone can go AFK with the launcher open ;P

If your friends start playing, drop their names here and we'll be sure to shoot'em invites to the clan!

PS: New Dojo spawn room Soon™

^ Haha! The game does do that. It's a grind, we know it's a grind, but it's just... a fun and addictive one for some reason.

If you feel ashamed at that play time, I should die on the spot for mine. I've been playing since the beginning... Steam time doesn't count though, since anyone can go AFK with the launcher open ;P

If your friends start playing, drop their names here and we'll be sure to shoot'em invites to the clan!

PS: New Dojo spawn room Soon™

Played another few hours last night. I presume it was you talking to me in clan chat? Sorry we couldn't grind for Ash together, still dunno what was going on there. Anyway, I have a few questions that perhaps you guys can answer:

- Does everyone get this 'Strict NAT detected' message? I have an acquaintance who's been playing the game for eight months or so and we get it even at his house, so it can't be that much of a problem, right?
- Is there anything (warframes especially) that you consider absolutely NOT worth building or bothering with in terms of blueprints? I've no problem not doing the optimal thing (I don't even try in most games), and in any case we could argue about what's the best X forever, but there's usually a consensus on what's bad, and I'd like to avoid it if possible because why grind if not for a good reward?
- What exactly does the clan offer me at the moment? From what I've found out it seems like you can get special blueprints or something, but maybe that's different from clan to clan.

Played another few hours last night. I presume it was you talking to me in clan chat? Sorry we couldn't grind for Ash together, still dunno what was going on there. Anyway, I have a few questions that perhaps you guys can answer:

- Does everyone get this 'Strict NAT detected' message? I have an acquaintance who's been playing the game for eight months or so and we get it even at his house, so it can't be that much of a problem, right?
- Is there anything (warframes especially) that you consider absolutely NOT worth building or bothering with in terms of blueprints? I've no problem not doing the optimal thing (I don't even try in most games), and in any case we could argue about what's the best X forever, but there's usually a consensus on what's bad, and I'd like to avoid it if possible because why grind if not for a good reward?
- What exactly does the clan offer me at the moment? From what I've found out it seems like you can get special blueprints or something, but maybe that's different from clan to clan.

Strict NAT is a network setting. You can usually fix it by forwarding the ports as mentioned in the error message you get. Note that doesn't work for everyone (including me) and the result is that you might not be able to connect to some people while playing.

None of the warframes are outright terrible but some are definitely more fun than others. The thing is, none of them are particularly hard to farm up. Just going through the planet map will get you most of them, and you'll probably want to get them all for the mastery xp anyway. That said, I'd leave stuff like Valkyr/Banshee/Ash till the end because they're not much fun in my opinion.

There are a lot of weapon blueprints and a few frame blueprints that can only be obtained through the clan dojo. It is also the only place you can trade mods/prime parts etc. with others.

Strict NAT is a network setting. You can usually fix it by forwarding the ports as mentioned in the error message you get. Note that doesn't work for everyone (including me) and the result is that you might not be able to connect to some people while playing.

Hmm, maybe that was the problem with connecting to that person last night. I know it's fairly simple to forward the ports but our router has been good enough to forget about for a while now, and I can't for the life of me remember how to get into it. Also don't want to screw it up for other people. I might give it a look if it stops me connecting to others' games.

None of the warframes are outright terrible but some are definitely more fun than others. The thing is, none of them are particularly hard to farm up. Just going through the planet map will get you most of them, and you'll probably want to get them all for the mastery xp anyway. That said, I'd leave stuff like Valkyr/Banshee/Ash till the end because they're not much fun in my opinion.

Hah, of course I'd be building one of those at the moment. I did ask, I s'pose. It's good to hear that none of them are out-and-out bad, though, and I did enjoy farming up the Mag very much.

There are a lot of weapon blueprints and a few frame blueprints that can only be obtained through the clan dojo. It is also the only place you can trade mods/prime parts etc. with others.

Okay, cool. I have a dojo key and I got into it last night but it seemed empty and I wasn't sure if there was anything I could do there.

The clan dojo will almost always be empty. The only time anyone goes there is to trade with someone or to buy/research blueprints. If the developers thought it would be a social hub for clans, they were quite mistaken.

The clan dojo will almost always be empty. The only time anyone goes there is to trade with someone or to buy/research blueprints. If the developers thought it would be a social hub for clans, they were quite mistaken.

So you need to go there with someone in order to actually use any of the abovementioned functionality?

Our Dojo is currently rebuilding, so it might of seemed pretty empty!

Speaking of which, everything is set down! All we need to do is wait for 24hrs and the NeoGAF Dojo v3.0 will be completely done building! Labs and all!

We have a new large spawn hall now! The new Trading Post is up the stairs on the left. Treasury is on the right, but you can only donate credits to it, which is pretty damn lame. Was hoping for resource donating into the clan vault...

Only thing we're missing is the obstacle course, because for some reason it didn't want to build where I wanted. Hoping a hallway will fix it...

Also, would anyone be up for being the Dojo Architect? Our new Dojo is much larger and it's looking pretty bare! Need a decorator! lol

I'll make a map once I stop procrastinating.

Hello people, just started to play the game, and i believe some help would come in handy for learning the ropes of the game,have some fun etc... i like to take things slowly and enjoy the game, at least till i get to know what i´m doing
IGN is crowedman

Hyun Sai

Yo !

In the recent events of Spear Confederation attacking another node in Phobos (Memphis), what kind of help Neogaf can offer ? I did a few runs, and can donate around 1 million credits for the battlepay.

It would be cool if we could manage to help around the 5 millions mark, but I don't call the shots ! ^^

Voaster of the SC is waiting for our response.

Omega

Banned
So how do you get new weapons and stuff without platinum? The wiki says the only way to get platinum is with real money, and when I look on the market everything only has a platinum price.

I can't even customize my character's colors..

It's a fun game but is it pretty much required to spend real money on this game, even for something as small as character customization?

manfestival

So how do you get new weapons and stuff without platinum? The wiki says the only way to get platinum is with real money, and when I look on the market everything only has a platinum price.

It's a fun game but is it pretty much required to spend real money on this game, even for something as small as character customization?

You need to check out blueprints. You need to buy blueprints and gather all the materials and then use those materials with your credits to buy new items. I havent spent a single platinum and I have bought a ton of items.

Yo !

In the recent events of Spear Confederation attacking another node in Phobos (Memphis), what kind of help Neogaf can offer ? I did a few runs, and can donate around 1 million credits for the battlepay.

It would be cool if we could manage to help around the 5 millions mark, but I don't call the shots ! ^^

Voaster of the SC is waiting for our response.

I'm not donating, but I have been doing runs here and there. I'm going to say you guys can help as you see fit.

glaurung

Getting new stuff
For the time being, grind your way through Mercury, Earth, Venus, Mars. You will need to gather money and experience and mods anyhow. Learn to fuse your duplicate mods for greater effects. Don't bother with transmutations.

By the time you reach the first ASSASSINATION aka boss missions, you will be getting 99% guaranteed blueprint drops. Rerun those as much as needed. Most warframes require helmet, chassis and systems blueprints. Plus the materials to craft them. You should be finding plenty of those materials by the time you start getting the blueprints themselves.
  1. Craft the separate items first.
  2. Then go to the marketplace, click Warframes -> Blueprints.
  3. Buy the desired low-tier warframe blueprint (Rhino, Trinity, Ash) for in-game currency.
  4. Craft the new warframe. It is costly and it takes at least three days.
Success!

As for weapons, you will be finding weapon blueprints in a similar manner. Alternatively, buy low tier weapon blueprints from the marketplace or from the clan dojo. Some weapons require separate crafted components, some don't.

And keep pushing toward the outer solar system. By the time you can run Uranus, Eris or Ceres, you should have enough experience, money and blueprints. That is when the game really opens up.

If you wish to accelerate the acquisition of weapons blueprints, keep logging on daily. I have gotten the following items from the daily login raffle after hitting and maintaining the three star rating:
  • 2x Glaive blueprint.
  • 2x Dual Zoren blueprint.
  • 1x Gorgon blueprint.
  • 1x Furis blueprint.
You will find better weapon and warframe blueprints from a proper clan dojo. The NeoGAF clan dojo has an excellent selection.
^ Forma drop like the plague in Voids. I'm sick of'em!
Thanks for the tip.

I've been avoiding void missions because I don't really have a lot of guys on the friends list. The clan is usually off doing fancier things. I only just completed my first tower 1 exterminate mission with someone from the alliance chat. No forma drops though.

just played a match with some fellow gaffers this morning, sadly i had to leave early due to some happestances of life, really looking forward to more games, this game has got is hooks in me badly, can believe how much better it has become since i first played it months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom