• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazznid

This game is really not very solo friendly, is it? There are so many instances where I'm suddenly overrun by a huge mob of enemies. During an infestation defend mission, there were suddenly 10-15 enemies on top of me. It was going well right up until wave 3 or so, where they just came out of nowhere. They took down the object I was to defend and myself in a matter of seconds. Is it my build or can't I do any defend missions solo without a specific frame? It's the same with the excavation archwing mission. I keep either getting overwhelmed by a giant mob of enemies, or else no power carriers will spawn near the excavator, and when I'm out looking for it suddenly mobs have spawned near the excavator and has crushed it before I get there. I can't even wait for the enemies to spawn on the excavator, because apparently they don't. Waited there 10 minutes and not a single enemy came - untill I went away to look for power, and I failed the objective.

I've more or less given up on playing with my partner, since we've gotten the message "unable to join session" every single day - and we're both far beyond the intro. :(
Is it because I've activated another quest (the stupid archwing quest) and it's keeping me from joining a squad?

This game seems so amazing, but I've found it to be a really frustrating experience so far. :(

No, and most of the community I've spoken to don't mind, although I do hope eventually they buff sneaky playstyles.

Hedge

No, and most of the community I've spoken to don't mind, although I do hope eventually they buff sneaky playstyles.

I am certain I am in the minority, and that is fine. I would be playing with my partner if not for the constant "failed to join session" errors, so I sadly have to go it alone. Maybe we'll circumvent the error one day. :)

It just seems as if often the difficulty seems very constructed towards being four players, such as an overwhelming number of enemies, or the spawning structure of excavation missions. Or the design of interception missions. Which sadly I have to do to unlock my way to the boss of a star chart, and unlock more planets. :(

Warframe is just a three-four player game, and that's fine. I'm just a bit sad, since I really really love what I've played so far, and see great potential. Though I've recently learned of an item called an Orokin Reactor that ought to double my capacity for mods, so maybe that would help a solo player? I've just no idea where to get one.

Alternatively, if I am invited by a stranger to do a mission I haven't completed yet, do I unlock that tile on my star chart? And can I then choose to unlock tiles from that mission onwards? That'd be a neat way to skip the missions I can't solo - assuming I find a person with a complete star chart. :)

Difficult scales by numbers of players and relative mastery rank level, so if you're finding yourself being swarmed, it might be good to slow down how you're going through a level and try to clear things out. Also, deactivating their alarms will help considerably when entering new areas.

Starting out, I can see why it's not solo friendly, but once you get a handle on the game you can run solo missions pretty smoothly. I'm doing solo survival in Tower 3 and going to about 20 or 30 minutes until my damage starts to tank.

Orokin Reactors/catalysts are special items to double mod capacity for a frame/weapon. They've given out through alert missions or special events, or purchased of course.

It used to be that completing a mission unlocked the star chart, but I don't believe that's the case now.

I think I offered this before, but I'm generally available to help through a mission if you need assistance.

Spazznid

I am certain I am in the minority, and that is fine. I would be playing with my partner if not for the constant "failed to join session" errors, so I sadly have to go it alone. Maybe we'll circumvent the error one day. :)

Alternatively, if I am invited by a stranger to do a mission I haven't completed yet, do I unlock that tile on my star chart? And can I then choose to unlock tiles from that mission onwards? That'd be a neat way to skip the missions I can't solo - assuming I find a person with a complete star chart. :)

That error plagued the early beta, but I've not seen it since. Make sure your connection is good, and maybe post on the official forums as well as make a ticket to their support team. Warframe support is amazing. You can also choose to only connect to people with low lag.

If you complete ANY mission on the star chart, other than Derelict or Void missions, then that tile is unlocked for you. Regardless of how you got there. My advice is to first figure out the connection issue you're having, and then figure out what you want, be it a specific frame or weapons. Don't pick multiple things. Just one thing that you want to work towards. There's a lot of stuff in Warframe, and for those new players, it's a very big pile to dig into, and not having a direction in mind will lead to becoming lost, and ultimately uninterested.

Saprol

You get star chart completion if you already have access to the planet. Unlocking a planet requires you to kill a boss on an earlier planet. So being rushed to each assassination node in the proper order will give you more freedom to gather resources or farm for a certain frame you want.

Don't know if they've changed it yet but an invasion/infestation blocks star chart progress until it ends for everybody unlike alerts which just go away once you've gotten the prize.

PSA to everyone interested in the new Alad V Assisination.

The coordinates only drop as rewards from Infested invasions, and the keys are used up upon completing the mission.

So basically don't expect to use Mesa or enjoy the dual stat Electric mods.

I still want to do the mission so I can unlock the Puncture mods, but damnit DE.

DE makes the game worse and worse.

Now we have slow field that even affects your weapon,bees that hurt you and some of those new Enemies are removing your shield entirely.

Well and animations when you get infected with poison.

Also getting Hydroid and Mesa is a huge pain in the ass.

Getting Mesa is basically just like getting Vauban with waiting for Alerts... just worse.

Naite

The only annoying thing about swarm is they effect maggots as well. You could roll out of the way and a maggot could catch up to you while you're rolling and you get swarmed again. It's not too bad during the alert missions but during that last survival mission for the puncture mods it gets rough. Most of my teammates seem to ignore them too. Lot of times where teammates keep running into them, never roll, and then run near me for some reason when I'm far away trying to avoid them, and I can't say anything because my chat is broken.

Spazznid

Awesome update, Hate the RNG Quests, but otherwise everything rocks. The new hubs are gonna be fantastic. MR 18 here I come!

Finally can craft the Mesa boss... yeah... if RNG is anything like it was for Hydriod or hell any other boss drop warframe this is going to be annoying.

Thankfully I found out that I don't need to do moldy salad to get access to the survival mission with the dual stat mods/puncture mods. All you need to do is complete those kill quests (kill 50 Moa and all that) in order to get access. Went for 30 minutes to get the puncture mods, found Jolt at 20.

That said, this mission is only going to last for the five days.

OH! And if you crash in the middle of a mission, don't despair! The game just added a "join last squad" feature that will pop up the next time you log in if you crashed, and while you may lose the bonus XP at the end of the mission, you do keep all the prizes/resources you've earned for that mission. This will save your bacon if you're going for long hauls.

Faabulous

Sup guys, I left the Guild a while ago because I didn't plan on playing anymore and I didn't want to occupy space you guys could use. But I'm getting back into the game, beign invited back into the guild would be swell. My IGN is Fabuulous

Thanks!

Hedge

I think I finally got the friend invites to work! I apparently had to disable directx 10 and 11 from the launcher, and then change the ping-limit to "no limit" in the options. I can now play with my partner, and it's a much better experience two players!

An odd fix, but at least it works! And I've now gotten my second frame - Rhino!
I've heard that prime parts are tradeable - is this true? Does this mean that I could find someone to trade me the four blueprint parts of frost prime? I love his gold trimmings!

Reishiki

Banned
I've heard that prime parts are tradeable - is this true? Does this mean that I could find someone to trade me the four blueprint parts of frost prime? I love his gold trimmings!

Prime parts are indeed tradable, that's how I got most of my Prime frames. The Prime weapon parts are also tradable, but most of those require 10-15 potatoes (Orokin Cells) to craft.

Naite

Man I thought it would take forever for me to get the Mesa parts but I ended up getting everything in my first attempt. Just did a keyshare with some randoms in recruiting and got the systems blueprint on the very last key. First time in a long ass time I can actually thank RNGesus and not be sarcastic about it.

Still haven't gotten a Hydroid yet though.

metalshade

Hey guys, I just wanted to drop in and say that I doubt I will be logging into Warframe anymore except for the fact I have to assign a couple of new warlords for the Clan.
MAYBE I will login to check out massive new updates, but I think I am out.
Since the introduction of resources that actually disappear after 24 hours, I found that I was ignoring building anything that required them, now it seems that almost everything needs Argon? so I quit.
I am doing other things, and Saavedro has uninstalled Warframe already.
It was great to play with you regulars (you know who you are,) and I hope we can meet up again in other games.
Had a great time with you all, and I am sorry to the newer players that I never got to greet or play with, I hope you get as much time and enjoyment out of the game as I did.
Leave me a PM here on GAF if you need to contact me.
I am happy to hear suggestions as to who the new warlords should be via PM.
Laters folks.

Spazznid

Hey guys, I just wanted to drop in and say that I doubt I will be logging into Warframe anymore except for the fact I have to assign a couple of new warlords for the Clan.
MAYBE I will login to check out massive new updates, but I think I am out.
Since the introduction of resources that actually disappear after 24 hours, I found that I was ignoring building anything that required them, now it seems that almost everything needs Argon? so I quit.
I am doing other things, and Saavedro has uninstalled Warframe already.
It was great to play with you regulars (you know who you are,) and I hope we can meet up again in other games.
Had a great time with you all, and I am sorry to the newer players that I never got to greet or play with, I hope you get as much time and enjoyment out of the game as I did.
Leave me a PM here on GAF if you need to contact me.
I am happy to hear suggestions as to who the new warlords should be via PM.
Laters folks.

Wat?

I don't think they're really using Argon much, but even then one mission in the void nets you around 2-3 argon... But seriously, not much in the game needs Argon. Only a couple rifles, two frames, a few melee weapons... They seem to be refraining from using it anymore. Whatever.

Hedge

Prime parts are indeed tradable, that's how I got most of my Prime frames. The Prime weapon parts are also tradable, but most of those require 10-15 potatoes (Orokin Cells) to craft.

Thank you! I found a mod called "High Noon" or some such and sold it for a few platinum, so I could buy a Frost Prime! I'm so happy because I really wanted him, but getting through a few missions is proving difficult to get to the planet that drops his blueprints! So I'll have him in a few hours. Too bad I now don't have enough platinum to buy an orokin reactor for him, but I hope I'll get a blueprint to it from.. somewhere. Now I only have to wait until I see an alert mission for his Aurora helmet!

I can't wait till he's done! If I find another one of those mods, I'll see if I can buy a reactor and maybe parts for that prime sentinel. That's very cute as well!

Edit: Bonus question! I see that there is something called Void Keys and Derelict Keys. I'm not sure I understand the difference between a Void Extermination key and a Derelict Extermination key. Is it the difficulty or the drops? I'm not sure I understand it from reading the wiki entries, and I can't find anything in-game to explain.

Thank you! I found a mod called "High Noon" or some such and sold it for a few platinum

... You lucky sonovabitch. That's the most in demand mod right now--it's a stance for the bladegun, who's name escapes me right now.

Edit: Bonus question! I see that there is something called Void Keys and Derelict Keys. I'm not sure I understand the difference between a Void Extermination key and a Derelict Extermination key. Is it the difficulty or the drops? I'm not sure I understand it from reading the wiki entries, and I can't find anything in-game to explain.

Void and Derelict are different groups of enemies on slightly different tilesets. Void missions are the Corrupted, so a mix of all factions, and Derelicts are always Infested. Derelicts also contain Orokin Vaults, which require special keys to open, but have unique dual stat mods that raise one stat at the sacrifice of the other. For example, Fleeting Expertise gives you excellent energy efficiency, but slashes your power duration.

Anyway, feeling good with this update. Getting the last few levels on Limbo is challenging because with the addition of the Tar Mutalists, farming Sechura isn't easy any more. Oh well, can't complain too much.

tatacr.gif

Hedge

Void and Derelict are different groups of enemies on slightly different tilesets. Void missions are the Corrupted, so a mix of all factions, and Derelicts are always Infested. Derelicts also contain Orokin Vaults, which require special keys to open, but have unique dual stat mods that raise one stat at the sacrifice of the other. For example, Fleeting Expertise gives you excellent energy efficiency, but slashes your power duration.

Oh thank you. I see that the level range says 25-35 in the star chart (I just crafted a derelict key), but the max frame rank is 30, isn't it? So how does the level work? Won't I be fine with a level 25 frame?

But thank you, so they're not really related I guess. I think I just saw "key" and assumed they were linked.

Oh thank you. I see that the level range says 25-35 in the star chart (I just crafted a derelict key), but the max frame rank is 30, isn't it? So how does the level work? Won't I be fine with a level 25 frame?

But thank you, so they're not really related I guess. I think I just saw "key" and assumed they were linked.

Level ranges can go waaay above Warframe ranks. Theoretically there is no enemy level cap.

It's not quite the same thing as Warframe ranks. The best way to describe it is that Warframes are super OP, and enemy levels don't count as much as Warframe's do.

Hedge

Level ranges can go waaay above Warframe ranks. Theoretically there is no enemy level cap.

It's not quite the same thing as Warframe ranks. The best way to describe it is that Warframes are super OP, and enemy levels don't count as much as Warframe's do.

Ah I see. So I guess I just have to get a feel for the level and see if I can handle it. Thank you for the help!
I foresee spending a lot of keys on dying. :)

squadr0n

Hey guys, I just started this game today. So far loving it. I tried it out during the Beta and it didn't click for me but now it certainly feels alot better than it did then. Just wondering how the community is at the current moment? It feels almost like an MMO, are there Raids?

If the Gaf Guild is still going Id like to get a chance to participate in some group contents with fellow gaffers. My name in game is the same as my Gaf sn: Squadr0n (Thats a #0)

Spazznid

Hey guys, I just started this game today. So far loving it. I tried it out during the Beta and it didn't click for me but now it certainly feels alot better than it did then. Just wondering how the community is at the current moment? It feels almost like an MMO, are there Raids?

If the Gaf Guild is still going Id like to get a chance to participate in some group contents with fellow gaffers. My name in game is the same as my Gaf sn: Squadr0n (Thats a #0)

The game is flourishing. It's been on the top 20 played list on Steam for a year now. Every update is great, and adds a new dynamic to the game. This next few months are going to be about fixing things and making things run better according to the latest dev stream. I can;t speak for the GAF crew, but I think their leader just left, and the thread is always dead. I'd suggest subscribing to this thread, and then subscribing to the Warframe Reddit, as that is generally the best place for news and help. Also check the news thing in your Liset every time you log on and check for streams and announcements, as streams are generally informative, and you can win Platinum by logging in to twitch and watching them, and they keep on top of announcements and updates, and bug fixes.

Also, if you don't want to join GAF's clan, there are a large amount of other choices. Just go on to Recruiting chat and ask around.

And one more thing. Don't be afraid to contact Warframe Support for anything. In the last two years I've played, they've always been some of the best customer service as far as I'm concerned.

I'd been playing this off and on since beta, and then left it for a while. Recently got back (around Kubrow update), and today a friend told me about Relays. I didn't even know they added these! I almost wish you could fly to them manually or something.

The effect when you walk towards Cephalon Suda is too cool. http://gfycat.com/TepidReadyHartebeest

squadr0n

Just got into this game after a friend recommend I try it out. Im surprised more people aren't playing this on Gaf. Its awesome, I just got to level 6 or so and opened up Mercury. It feels like Destiny should have but 3rd Person.

If anyone wants to play sometime, add me on your friend's list: Squadr0n (thats a #0)

The game is flourishing. It's been on the top 20 played list on Steam for a year now. Every update is great, and adds a new dynamic to the game. This next few months are going to be about fixing things and making things run better according to the latest dev stream. I can;t speak for the GAF crew, but I think their leader just left, and the thread is always dead. I'd suggest subscribing to this thread, and then subscribing to the Warframe Reddit, as that is generally the best place for news and help. Also check the news thing in your Liset every time you log on and check for streams and announcements, as streams are generally informative, and you can win Platinum by logging in to twitch and watching them, and they keep on top of announcements and updates, and bug fixes.

Also, if you don't want to join GAF's clan, there are a large amount of other choices. Just go on to Recruiting chat and ask around.

And one more thing. Don't be afraid to contact Warframe Support for anything. In the last two years I've played, they've always been some of the best customer service as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the reply. I checked out some stuff on Reddit and totally go this game to click finally. I dunno when im going to have time to play anything else other than this and Path of Exile.

Hedge

I was pleasently surprised at this game as well! The only thing that detracts from the overall experience seems to be the persistant bugs that keep me from inviting people to my squad - but I've contacted support for this. I hope it works out. Because I've been stuck on the archwing quest for the last few weeks due to not being able to group up. And I keep getting the same blueprint part (wings) in excavation. Alas, no flying for me.

I think the latest devstream said they'd work more on the base structure of the game in the first part of 2015, so I hope that means bugs regarding squad invites as well.

squadr0n

I'm looking for a group of players that are looking to play and help me level up my first few sets to get me going. If anyone knows of a clan or is in one that is still active with atleast 100 ppl, my in game name is Squadr0n. I'd prefer English speaking players.

I'm already up to Rank 2 and want to open up more options. If anyone on Gaf or lurking is recruiting let me know!

Update 17.2

L069ZG5.jpg

New Archwing

ITZAL ARCHWING: Designed for quick clandestine attacks, the Itzal Archwing excels at striking from the darkness of space.

Blink: The Itzal Archwing teleports a short distance, dropping all enemy target locks.

Penumbra: Activates a cloaking field that hides the Warframe and any nearby allies who remain stationary.

Cosmic Crush: Forms a miniature black hole that sucks in all nearby objects before rupturing in a massive shock wave.

Fighter Escort: Deploys drones that fight alongside the Warframe, each detonating in a destructive blast when killed.

New Archwing Weapons

**FLUCTUS:** An Archwing energy weapon that sends waves of deadly plasma crashing into enemies.

**CENTAUR:** Part sword, part shield, the Centaur excels at charging headlong into enemy fire.

Purchase the blueprints for these new Archwing weapons from the Marketplace today!

---

Additions:

* Liset interior effects will now change color depending on player Liset energy customization.

* Added various effects and NPC animations in Syndicate Rooms.

* Added a new melee combo to Shattering storm and Crushing Ruin Stances.

---

Changes:

* Reduced negative penalty on Tainted Shell and Critical Deceleration’s fire rate adjustment to avoid purely negative fire rates on shotgun weapons.

- Reduced bloom effect on a particular room within the Void that was shining too brightly.

- How many shots it takes to destroy a Nullifier Crewman’s shield is no longer determined by the number of players in a mission.

- Joining a Syndicate Mission mid-progress will now show how many

- Medallions are remaining in the Mission, updating appropriately if
Medallions in the Mission have already been picked up.
- Reduced the bloom on the Mutalist Incursion Event Badge to make the icon more visible.
- Toned down the bright white snow on Corpus Outpost Defense Missions.
- Large Energy Pickup added to Archwing Missions.
- Increased the frequency of Energy Pickups dropped in Archwing Missions.
- Weapon and Sentinel experience Login Rewards will now provide experience to a Weapon or Sentinel in the Arsenal if the player logs in with a fully ranked Weapon.
- The Host of a Dojo will no longer be able to pause the game if their matchmaking has been set to Solo.
- Adjustments made to Kunai and Despair holster to remove redundant visual attachments.
- Events in the World State Window will now be sorted by time remaining on the event.
- Players that have multiple of an item with a limit of 1 will now be given an appropriate message when attempting to craft said item in the - Foundry.
- Added confirmation message with all standing changes when turning in Medallions.
- When creating piles of items to sell, all identical items will automatically be sorted into the same pile.
- Removed the Anemic Agility Mod from the Grineer Ballista's drop table. This was only ever intended to drop in Orokin Derelict Vaults.
- Adjusted visual effect from heat generators on Ice Planet tileset.
- Toned down visual effect from the Coolant Leak Mod.
- Updated the look of the Conclave Team Select screen.
- Oxium Ospreys now drop more Oxium!
- Added spin down effect to Kohm.
- Rebalanced Missions on Europa to allow for a greater variety of Missions.
- Hives in Hive Sabotage are now immune to Warframe abilities that cause push / pull effects.
- Damage numbers will now appear when destroying environmental objects.

---

Warframe Changes:

* Textures updated on the Pyra Prime Syandana and Vasto Prime now match Nova Prime’s metallic texture!
* Added a 3 second delay on players losing Zephyr’s Jet Stream Mod buff once stepping out of range of Turbulence.
* Made small tweaks to Mesa’s Peacemaker pistol draw / holster animations.

Archwing Changes

- Buffed effect of Auxiliary Power’s Mod.
- Smaller Archwing enemies now have a slightly larger hitbox.
- Increased Velocitus’ damage from 1200 to 1800.

---

Fixes:

* Fixed the Nullifier Crewman’s protective bubble not removing Trinity’s Link.
- Fixed Nyx’s Chaos causing Hives in Hive Infestation to become invincible one Chaos expires.
- Fixed water in Dojo fountain turning black when players stand in the water.
- Fixed host migration issues occurring when picking up Syndicate Medallions.
- Fixed Syndicate Medallions disappearing during a host migration.
- Fixed Mod search bar numerical entries causing issues
- Fixed Miter’s charge loop sound continuously playing after charge has been completed.
- Fixed lack of sound related to zoning issue in Corpus tileset room
- Fixed issue with objective marker and AI spawns in the Archwing Corpus sabotage tileset.
- Fixed Steel Meridian Syndicate Missions not being selectable due to Star Chart being occupied by other factions.
- Fixed Dojo paint colors not properly showing up after being implemented.
- Fixed visual issue caused by player Inbox being forced to open on login during loading process.
- Fixed previewing multiple paint colors in Dojo causing a lock on the player’s camera.
- Fixed incorrect player stats appearing when viewing Warframe in Liset Arsenal.
- Fixed visual issue with textures on Ice Planet Mobile Defense.
- Fixed issues with animation on Archwing primary weapons.
- Fixed grey square appearing at bottom of screen instead of text when picking up resources.
- Fixed Mirage’s Eclipse Augment effects not working correctly when applied to other Warframes.
- Fixed issue that caused players to be stuck holding their melee weapon in an area where weapons are disabled. (ie - Liset, Relay)
- Fixed issue in Foundry where player cannot purchase additional inventory slots after having just purchased and filled inventory slots.
- Fixed various localization issues.
- Fixed numerous holes and collisions.
- Fixed an error caused by Nekros’ Desecrate.
- Fixed an error caused by Nova’s Molecular Prime.
- Fixed Valkyr’s Hysteria tagging dead enemies with its visual special effect.
- Fixed Silva and Aegis losing texture when used by Mirage during Hall of Mirrors
- Fixed Nyx’s Mind Control causing Brood Mother Maggots to attack enemies after Mind Control ends.
- Fixed exploit that gave players infinite ammo provided they used the mouse scroll wheel as their weapon fire button.
- Fixed the miniboss in Void Sabotage missions not spawning.
- Fixed Infested Boiler’s spawned enemies improperly attacking players while under the effect of Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead.
- Fixed players being unable to pick up a Syndicate Medallion until another player in the mission picked it up first.
- Fixed Mirage’s Prism never going away when cast outside of a Nullifier Crewman’s bubble, just before stepping into the bubble before the throw animation is complete.
- Fixed issue occasionally caused by Mirage’s Hall of Mirrors.
- Fixed broken lighting effects on Syndicate Medallions.
- Fixed issue caused by melee whip animations.
- Fixed additional instances where Alad V’s Mind Control ability would cause issues for the player.
- Fixed not being able to swap the polarity of a slot on Kubrows and Sentinels.
- Fixed selecting an item in the Marketplace followed by fast-navigating to another terminal on the Liset causing the item you were previously looking at to become stuck on screen.
- Fixed an issue where items with no color customization will display as grey, instead of default colors.
- Fixed Zephyr’s Turbulence not being dispelled when entering a Nullifier Crewman’s shield.
- Fixed potential issue in Survival game mode that prevented the spawning of new enemies.
- Fixed some weapons not correctly applying damage to Antimatter Drop
- Fixed some weapons with puncture damage registering too many hits on Antimatter Drop.
- Fixed Nova Prime’s Antimatter Drop not correctly applying unique visual effects to non-host players.
- Fixed issue with weapon skins not properly applying to weapons.
- Fixed enemies not spawning properly on Corpus ship during Grineer Invasion.
- Fixed being unable to properly gift Void Keys.
- Fixed Nullifier Crewman not properly deploying shield when resurrected by Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead.
- Fixed Mesa’s Regulator Pistols persisting on non-Mesa Warframes when switching loadouts in Arsenal.

sophora

r9QNqMM.jpg

Update 15.8.0: Operation Eyes of Blight
OPERATION EYES OF BLIGHT

Take down the Fomorian Vessels!

A message from the Lotus:
Vay Hek is making his move. We have just detected a Balor Fomorian traveling on an interception course with Vesper Relay. The beast moves slowly but if we allow it to get within firing range, it will surely obliterate our new Relay. We need to destroy it before that happens. Intelligence reports state that the Balor Fomorian’s power core emits a thick energy field composed of deadly omega radiation. In order to break through the field you will need to craft this Fomorian Disruptor. It will allow you to safely approach the core and when activated it will temporarily disrupt the core allowing you to inflict damage. Take note Tenno, the Disruptor is forged using recently discovered Omega Isotopes. These are a by-product of a Fomorian’s core and will only appear in and around planets with a Fomorian present. Move quickly Tenno, this is the first Balor Fomorian attack but it won’t be the last. When the others come we must be ready.

-The Lotus

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO
  • Fomorian Vessels will intermittently appear in the Solar System as event nodes. These event nodes will be locked until you have the Fomorian Disruptor in your Consumable Inventory.
  • You will receive a Blueprint from the Lotus for the Fomorian Disruptor. It will require Nano Spores, Cryotic, and Omega Isotopes to craft.
  • Build your Disruptor in the Foundry and equip it in your Gear Menu to start the Fomorian Sabotage Mission.
  • Once in the Mission, fly to the Fomorian. Once you’re close enough to the Fomorian you must disable the exterior Shield Cores so you can enter the ship.
  • The Fomorian’s internal Shield Generators are protected by a magnetic field. Use your Fomorian Disruptor from the Gear menu to disrupt the magnetic field, and temporarily expose the Shield Generators, allowing you to destroy them.
  • With the Shield Generators destroyed you can now deal damage to the ship’s Main Reactor Power Cores.
  • After damaging the cores, escape to safety outside the Fomorian.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
  • Completing a successful Sabotage run will earn you event points, and reduce the global health of the Fomorian.
  • Your Fomorian Disruptor will be consumed after completing the Fomorian Sabotage mission.
  • This Operation is on now until Monday, January 5 at 12 PM EST.

SCORING
  • Completing the Fomorian Sabotage mode successfully will earn you one Battle Point.
  • You can earn a maximum of one Battle Point per Fomorian. Repeating the same Fomorian will not generate additional Battle Points. These points will count towards individual rewards.
  • Fomorian missions with a higher level of difficulty will provide extra points.
  • Leaderboards are available for players that want to compete for the best score during Fomorian Sabotage Missions. Your individual score is determined by the amount of damage dealt to the Fomorian Power Core during a single run. The highest scores can only be achieved by squads with coordinated deployment of Fomorian Disruptors, and efficient attacks on the Power Cores.
Clan Scoring considers the following:
Your score will be based on the most damage dealt to the Fomorian Power Core in a given mission. Clan score is sum of personal best but divided by max clan size for that tier (ie: 10 for Ghost Clan, 1000 for Moon).

REWARDS
  • 3 BATTLE POINTS: Eyes of Blight Skin Pack (Badge + Rahk Fluctus Skin)
  • 10 BATTLE POINTS: Eyes of Blight Mod Pack (Magma Chamber + Searing Steel)
  • 15 BATTLE POINTS: Imperator Vandal
Clan Scoring: The Top three Clans in each tier will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze Statues.
Take down the Fomorian Ships, Tenno!

EVENT / LEADERBOARDS - Operation Eyes of Blight
Leaderboards are updated every 15 minutes for Clans, and every 5 minutes for players. Good luck, and may the best Tenno win!

New Resource
  • Omega Isotopes: Produced by a Fomorian’s power core, these particles only appear on planets where a Fomorian is present. Omega Isotopes can only be obtained in non-Archwing missions where a Fomorian vessel is present.

Changes:
  • Adjusted the damage threshold on the Infested Boiler’s ability to spawn new enemies, preventing players with incredibly high dps spawning an overwhelming number of enemies.
  • Added Liset custom energy glow effect to Archwing terminal menu.
  • Fixes:
  • Fixed Soma Prime and Vasto Prime not being visible in the Codex.
  • Fixed duplicate Stance Mods appearing in Codex
  • Fixed the Breach Loader Mod showing an incorrect description in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed audio issue when interrupting the Supra mid-reload.
  • Fixed non-Archwing Pistol and Shotgun Mods appearing in Archwing Missions.
  • Fixed the word ‘SCANNING’ appearing in the Codex for non-localized descriptions.

Archwing Event. Our relay at Venus is set to be destroyed by a formorian in over a day as of this post.

So some important notes on the new event.

The craftable item is one per use, and will be used every time you go into the fomorian mission. In other words, you'll need 15 of the disruptors to get the full completion of the mission.

The battle cruisers will be appearing throughout the next few weeks, so you'll have plenty of time to get in on the action even if you miss this first run.

Once in the mission, you will need to approach the battle cruiser, take out two shield generators, and enter the vessel. Your entire squad needs to be in the vessel before the disruptor can be used.

Once used, there's a 30 second window which you apply as much damage as you can. Aim for the spinning yellow-lighted bits called "nodes" to do damage. Scoring the million points shouldn't be too hard.

Once the shield comes back up, you need to get 300 meters away from the core in about 20s.

You'll be attacked by various Grineer Archwing units while you're trying to do damage to the core. Keep moving so you don't get downed in the precious little time you have.

To earn points, you can't just run the same Fomorian over and over. You'll get one point for the mission, and you'll get that point only once.

Good luck Tenno.

I see that the Warframe: Initiate Pack is on sale for $10, down from $20. I'm tempted, since I've played like 80 hours of the game for free, might as well throw them some bucks.

But realistically, what can I do with 250 plat and 50k credits, that'd be worthwhile? My only two frames right now are Excalibur and Rhino.

I see that the Warframe: Initiate Pack is on sale for $10, down from $20. I'm tempted, since I've played like 80 hours of the game for free, might as well throw them some bucks.

But realistically, what can I do with 250 plat and 50k credits, that'd be worthwhile? My only two frames right now are Excalibur and Rhino.

250 plat can nab you a lot of Prime gear if you get things on the cheap. Check out wftrading.net for current prices on things. A high estimate for gear from, say, two updates ago would be around 20p per piece, so about 10-12 pieces for higher gear. However, some of the older stuff can sell on the super cheap, especially Rhino Prime gear (sans Helmet as that part became a requirement for the Faction leveling).

It all depends on how you spend it. Alternatively you could completely eschew any kind of community trading and stick to stuff on the official market. Reactors/Catalysts to double your mod capacity are 20p a pop. You could also buy more slots for Warframes or weapons.

If I were to give any real guidelines, it would be to use your plat towards something in the game (prime parts or enhancements) rather than cosmetics unless there's been something you've really been dying to get.

Also note that those packs can be redeemed only once, so you can't come around and buy that again in the future to try and get some cheap plat.

I think primarily, I'd like to get a new, powerful frame. I'm a little bored of the Rhino, and not quite ready to grind to try and build anything else - I think the closest thing I have ready to be built is a Nyx frame, but it doesn't quite sound my style.

I would have gone for Rhino Prime, but you say the helmet can't be bought outright anymore? That's a pity.

I'll browse http://wftrading.net/ a bit and see what I think. I probably need to decide what I want first, before investing in anything.

Thanks for the advice, much obliged.

Been trying for the Elytron Arcwing all week, can't seem to find the Wings at all. Either get stuck with people who are trying to do the mission with no mods or folks leave early. Tried to do it solo but the enemies move way to fast + random helion damage. Entire game mode is frustratingly unbalanced in weird ways.

I figure potatoing the gear and what not could make it easier but... if I'm not enjoying the mode why bother wasting resources on it. Other than that I got all the mods possible and are leveled up enough or max... just keep having crappy luck.

Been trying for the Elytron Arcwing all week, can't seem to find the Wings at all. Either get stuck with people who are trying to do the mission with no mods or folks leave early. Tried to do it solo but the enemies move way to fast + random helion damage. Entire game mode is frustratingly unbalanced in weird ways.

I figure potatoing the gear and what not could make it easier but... if I'm not enjoying the mode why bother wasting resources on it. Other than that I got all the mods possible and are leveled up enough or max... just keep having crappy luck.

This was a major problem even before the changes to Interception. I'd suggest trying to see if the recruiting tab has anyone on the hunt. I'd offer to help normally but I don't have my usual computer at the moment.

I just restarted playing on PC having played for maybe ~30 hours on PS4. Can anyone send me a clan invite, assuming it's not completely dead?

In game name is Lady_Siara.

Hedge

Is the order of mods on the warframe/weapon important? For example, is it more important to put serration in the first slot than infected clip? I've seen a lot of people comment that "x is a good weapon, too bad it has y polarity on the first slot instead of on the second slot".

Is the placement important, because I can find no reference to the order of mods having an effect on the weapon?

Peachpies

Is the order of mods on the warframe/weapon important? For example, is it more important to put serration in the first slot than infected clip? I've seen a lot of people comment that "x is a good weapon, too bad it has y polarity on the first slot instead of on the second slot".

Is the placement important, because I can find no reference to the order of mods having an effect on the weapon?
the order matters for elemental damage mods since they are combined based on their order, the polarity of the mod slot shouldn't really matter though as you can move them around after you use a forma on the weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom