• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

So my highest lvl is 15 with Trinity, not sure if I should keep going. Is healing really a thing in this game, do you notice it in fights even? I am a support guy but it's not very fun imo.

If someone can get a hold of the leadership spot of the GAF clan and is motivated enough, I'd suggest kicking out people who haven't been on in forever and open up invites to everyone on the WF forums.

I was going to do this myself eventually, but just got so incredibly burned out on the game.

PS: For the newcomers, here's the last map of the GAF Dojo I put together:

aFvC3h2.jpg

So my highest lvl is 15 with Trinity, not sure if I should keep going. Is healing really a thing in this game, do you notice it in fights even? I am a support guy but it's not very fun imo.

I don't have a Trinity yet, so I can't really comment. I'm busy building an Oberon which should be done by tomorrow, which is apparently both offensive and defensive. He has a healing skill, Renewal, that I'm curious to check out.

Support classes like Vauban and Nova are totally important in higher-level content, I've found - and the right combo can really make short work of a lot of things, though one-shot rail Moas do pose a problem no matter what.

So much of the frame is dependant on mods, so I'm not sure if your Trinity is running the right mods yet. I'd hold off on any judgements until you hit 30 with Trinity - I hated Vauban until I hit 30 and had the room to put in more powerful mods, and now I love him.

But if you're finding levelling the Trinity a pain, swap to something else for a while until you can run the Trinity with some friends or pugs to power-level.

I don't have a Trinity yet, so I can't really comment. I'm busy building an Oberon which should be done by tomorrow, which is apparently both offensive and defensive. He has a healing skill, Renewal, that I'm curious to check out.

Support classes like Vauban and Nova are totally important in higher-level content, I've found - and the right combo can really make short work of a lot of things, though one-shot rail Moas do pose a problem no matter what.

So much of the frame is dependant on mods, so I'm not sure if your Trinity is running the right mods yet. I'd hold off on any judgements until you hit 30 with Trinity - I hated Vauban until I hit 30 and had the room to put in more powerful mods, and now I love him.

But if you're finding levelling the Trinity a pain, swap to something else for a while until you can run the Trinity with some friends or pugs to power-level.

i'm a Level 18 Excalibur but i still don't think i got it down yet (i added some mods but i haven't really done much fusion so far since i'm still trying to get the hang of things).

Brakara

So I started playing this just recently on Xbox One, but if the PC GAF clan is barely functional, I take it that there's no GAF clan for the Xbox One? But do anyone have a suggestion for another clan to join?

So I started playing this just recently on Xbox One, but if the PC GAF clan is barely functional, I take it that there's no GAF clan for the Xbox One? But do anyone have a suggestion for another clan to join?

The PS4 OT is pretty busy, since the game is newer on consoles and still fresh. Dunno about Xbox One, haven't seen a specific OT for the Xbone version.

Brakara

Yeah, I think it really hurt them launching around the same time as Destiny. A shame because it's actually pretty damn good.

Hedge

Why do Vauban Chassis always come up when I'm either in school or asleep? Why DE whyyyyy?!

Speaking as a person who primarily only plays with my partner - is it feasible to strive to build Limbo from the quest, or does it require a four-player team to grind out? I've heard there is a lot of quests involved.

Also: is Lephantis difficult to kill for a team of two who can usually handle up to T2-T3?
We're usually either Valkyr + Frost or Valkyr + Rhino.

bLaiSe

Why do Vauban Chassis always come up when I'm either in school or asleep? Why DE whyyyyy?!

Speaking as a person who primarily only plays with my partner - is it feasible to strive to build Limbo from the quest, or does it require a four-player team to grind out? I've heard there is a lot of quests involved.

Also: is Lephantis difficult to kill for a team of two who can usually handle up to T2-T3?
We're usually either Valkyr + Frost or Valkyr + Rhino.
Lephantis is one of the easiest bosses to kill IMO.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So after playing for about 3 hours last night, I can say that I am definitely enjoying this game. However, the game does a pretty poor job of explaining how to progress early on. I hooked up with a guy who carried me through a few missions, but I realized that was useless because I still had to finish the very first quest. It wasn't made very clear to me that I wasn't actually done with the first quest since I could select a different mission on the map...Freedom is great, but a little more help would have been nice.

Also, rank up mission. I tried it not knowing what it was. Turns out, failing means you have to wait 24 hours to try again. Cool.

Controls are OK, but holy shit are things cluttered on a keyboard. I imagine a controller would be more fun, but I prefer the precise aiming of mouse. The biggest hump I've had to get over is the camera and the constant "up close" zoom (like Dead Space I guess). It's not terrible, but it's definitely hard to get used to.

Anyone who wants a friend to play with can add me. Nicoga3000

The biggest hump I've had to get over is the camera and the constant "up close" zoom (like Dead Space I guess). It's not terrible, but it's definitely hard to get used to.

You can at least increase the FOV in the options, which pulls the camera back a lot so you're not trying to see past your own head.

Brakara

Platinum is down 33% on consoles this week, so I decided to get some. I guess you should probably only spend it on inventory slots and potatoes though?

Platinum is down 33% on consoles this week, so I decided to get some. I guess you should probably only spend it on inventory slots and potatoes though?

I think frame and weapon slots are most important. I've not spent any on potatoes yet, since I keep finding blueprints to build them. Rare, but they do drop.

Also, rank up mission. I tried it not knowing what it was. Turns out, failing means you have to wait 24 hours to try again. Cool.

Controls are OK, but holy shit are things cluttered on a keyboard. I imagine a controller would be more fun, but I prefer the precise aiming of mouse. The biggest hump I've had to get over is the camera and the constant "up close" zoom (like Dead Space I guess). It's not terrible, but it's definitely hard to get used to.

Anyone who wants a friend to play with can add me. Nicoga3000

Yea i found out about the rank lockout the hard ways as well hahah.

Also i feel you get used to the keyboard buttons after a while (although that might be myself remembering shooter controls like Quake and UT again)

And i'll add you when i'm at home (i'm called 123Space).

I think frame and weapon slots are most important. I've not spent any on potatoes yet, since I keep finding blueprints to build them. Rare, but they do drop.

I got a blueprint for a golden one from a alert mission i took part in iirc lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You can at least increase the FOV in the options, which pulls the camera back a lot so you're not trying to see past your own head.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know that's how you do it. I was using my mouse wheel and getting upset that nothing was happening, haha.

Yea i found out about the rank lockout the hard ways as well hahah.

Also i feel you get used to the keyboard buttons after a while (although that might be myself remembering shooter controls like Quake and UT again)

And i'll add you when i'm at home (i'm called 123Space).

Thanks - more friends = better. This game is a blast with multiple people...Even with randoms it's pretty good. Sure, the guy saying, "wut da fuck n00b hold A" is less than desirable, but that doesn't seem to happen as often as, "I'm guessing you're new? Just stay near me"

Until you get the hang of your frame's abilities, and how the movement stuff like wall-running works, don't be surprised if you join a mission with randoms (or they join on you), and everyone dashes ahead like crazy, killing things long before you get there. I've had times where I started a boss mission, and the boss was killed by someone a good few mintues before I even got to the boss room.

People who have played for a while have a very fast groove, and know all the little ways to gain momentum and speed, chain-wallrunning, using the helicopter slide into lunge (sprint, jump, hold crouch then melee, then press jump while still holding crouch after the melee), so they move so fast it can be hard to keep up.

My advice would be to not worry about it too much. If everyone gets to the exit before you, they can wait for you to get there, or for the countdown timer to end the mission. Use the time to experiment, try some moves (sprint then crouch to slide, then press jump while still holding crouch) is a great one to cover huge gaps you might not have thought possible. Wall-running also takes a while to get used to.

Meanwhile: Oberon is growing on me. Leveling a Soma and Tysis to match with him.

Once you have more of the galaxy unlocked, the https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts account is very useful for nabbing rare weapons or prints when they happen (if the event happens where you can get to it, of course). Just got the Ceramic Dagger print, which looks decent for melee.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I decided to buy a gun (the 25k credit one) instead of the bow...I like it a LOT more.

Regarding weapon levels/ranks, what do they max out at? Should I bother leveling everything up?

Nopren

Yes. Level absolutely everything to 30 which is the max level. You get Mastery Rank xp for each level you gain with everything, and you use Mastery Rank to get access to more gear. For example, you need a Mastery Rank of 3 to wield the Dual Cleavers.

So I decided to buy a gun (the 25k credit one) instead of the bow...I like it a LOT more.

Regarding weapon levels/ranks, what do they max out at? Should I bother leveling everything up?

iirc everything maxes out at 30.

Also other from the different weapon mastery (level up a weapon of a specific type) and proficiency (level up 5 weapons of the same type eg rifles, pistols, swords, gloves, etc) achievements i think it also helps with providing affinity to build up your mastery rank (which gives you access to better stuff and also goes to 30)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alright thanks. Do I only get XP for it if I use it in a mission, or can I have it equipped and ignore it? Like, if I want to level my primary, can I run the whole mission using melee/secondary and still rank up my primary?

Nopren

Yup, you can. Which is usually what you wanna do. As a rule of thumb, make sure that you always have at least one piece of gear equipped which isn't max level. Right now I'm running with my warframe as the only piece of gear which is 30.

Saprol

Alright thanks. Do I only get XP for it if I use it in a mission, or can I have it equipped and ignore it? Like, if I want to level my primary, can I run the whole mission using melee/secondary and still rank up my primary?
If you kill something, the XP is split between yourself and the weapon used. When someone else gets the kill, it's evenly split across your frame and every weapon equipped. Which means if you want to level something even faster, you can remove some of your weapons to change the XP split from 25% to 33% or 50%.

Meanwhile: Oberon is growing on me. Leveling a Soma and Tysis to match with him.

Word. I played Vauban foreeeeever, then Nyx, now i'm playing around with Oberon. I really dig the powerset he has.

It's also fun coming back to the game after ~9 months away from it. Holy cow have a lot of things changed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a few questions that hopefully I can get some help with!

• Is the GAF clan still active in any way?
  • When running quests, should I be exploring for loot, or is it more efficient to just speed through the quest?
  • On my starchart, there's a bunch of symbols on various quests. Circls, stars, weird ship looking things...What are all of those?
  • Is there a good introduction to fusing mods/cards/whatever they are?

Thanks! I was being carried by some folks doing the Infestation stuff yesterday...I basically used my Volt lightning ability, shot a few bullets into the fray, and let them take care of the rest. Got some decent XP out of it I think?

Also managed to finish the first rank mission! It felt impossible with the bow, so I switched over to the 25k credit primary gun you can buy...Made it a lot easier.

• When running quests, should I be exploring for loot, or is it more efficient to just speed through the quest?
  • On my starchart, there's a bunch of symbols on various quests. Circls, stars, weird ship looking things...What are all of those?

Thanks! I was being carried by some folks doing the Infestation stuff yesterday...I basically used my Volt lightning ability, shot a few bullets into the fray, and let them take care of the rest. Got some decent XP out of it I think?

Also managed to finish the first rank mission! It felt impossible with the bow, so I switched over to the 25k credit primary gun you can buy...Made it a lot easier.

I'm basically new but I'll try to answer to the best i can:

1. Seems to be not as active? but its better to ask someone who is in the clan.

2. Depends on the type of quest (say a sabotage vs a defense) i would say but i would try to get loot in all of them if necessary since that's where you can get more mods, credits and resources (used for forging equipment).

3. some are alert missions (the one with the exclamation in a triangle) , the ring is the hub which i guess is for recruiting, the ship looking thing is for the archwing (a space jetpack of sorts that allows you to fight/fly in space) and i guess the stuff (including the color code) from last night are for the invasions (where apparently a certain faction tries to take over a sector and you can assist). After doing some of those , getting a somewhat chilling in-game email in my inbox and reading up on it on the wiki i'm now marked for assassination due to my actions (lol wut).

4. maybe the warframe wiki can help with that (i haven't checked that part out fully as yet)?.

Note: the archwing is a quest you can activate so i think its safe to say that you will get it upon completion so you can do those missions.

Also i can see the first rank being hard with the arrows given the time limits (which they don't show iirc) for each round and the rate of fire, unless it was a powerful one that could take them out in 1 or 2 shots.

I would also say to check the warframe wiki for general info (although it seems to be out of date on some things)

sophora

1. Unsure, part of a different clan.
2. Depends on the mission, most people speed through missions that aren't endless defense/survival. I'd suggest since you're new to keep an eye out for those containers/lockers since sometimes you'll find a rare version of them that'll drop a 30 minute credit booster and have extra loot inside.
3. The Star chart has special dynamic missions types that spawn regularly. The types usually are;

Faction conflicts - where you side with either Corpus or Grineer and do that mission node 5 times for their respective battle pay, if the faction you sided with wins you get the battle pay and vice-versa. One thing to note about doing this, if you side with Corpus you sometimes are marked for assassination by the Grustag 3 (very nasty squad of three mini-bosses that drop a very good end-game side-arm), if you side with the Grineer you sometimes are marked for harvest by the Zanuka Hunter (drops a good side-arm as well if defeated, but if you're captured you're forced into a special escape mission)
Infestation invasions - the infested faction takes over several mission nodes on a planet and doing the same mission node 3 times will award you with the battle pay once that node is cleared of infested.
Syndicate missions - dunno if you've gotten a chance to take a look at syndicates but these mission types spawn daily as well, they're usually higher level regular missions that award bonus Syndicate reputation that's not counted for your daily allotment.

4. Fusing/upgrading mods have a few things to keep in mind;
-The symbol in the top right of the mod card is it's polarity, matching polarities/or using duplicates for fusing will give you more fusion exp towards upgrading that mod than fusing different polarities.
-Amount of fusion exp is based on rarity of the mod-card
-Generally keep upgrading/fusing mods with fusion cores, but don't be afraid to use the stacks of common mod cards you accumulate.
-The more mod cards you fuse the higher the credit cost will be.
-Mods can usually be upgraded 5 ranks, some other mods can be upgraded 10 ranks. Usually the amount of credits/fusion core double with every advancing rank to upgrade, because of this a lot of players find upgrade to only rank 9, since the gains for rank 10 are only about +5-10% for essentially double of what if cost to get to rank 9.

Faction conflicts - where you side with either Corpus or Grineer and do that mission node 5 times for their respective battle pay, if the faction you sided with wins you get the battle pay and vice-versa. One thing to note about doing this, if you side with Corpus you sometimes are marked for assassination by the Grustag 3 (very nasty squad of three mini-bosses that drop a very good end-game side-arm), if you side with the Grineer you sometimes are marked for harvest by the Zanuka Hunter (drops a good side-arm as well if defeated, but if you're captured you're forced into a special escape mission)

Oh crap that means two groups could be after me then since i already got marked by Stalker (apparently due to killing bosses). :O

Sajjaja

Yisss, got the last Oberon blueprint I needed.

What's the deal with weapon damage? My weapons are doing so shit compared to other players I feel like I'm missing something. My weapons are rank 30 and still do shit compared to others.

Saprol

What's the deal with weapon damage? My weapons are doing so shit compared to other players I feel like I'm missing something. My weapons are rank 30 and still do shit compared to others.
Mods are super important. Serration boosts each type of damage on your primary weapon. There's other mods that add elemental damage too. You get a 'cracked' version of some staple mods but they're really lackluster. Fully leveled cracked Serration (+40%) is worth less than a rank 3 out of 10 regular Serration (+45%). I'm not sure I have any spares at the moment to give.

Yisss, got the last Oberon blueprint I needed.

The mods you load them up with, and the type (and order), can make a huge difference versus specific enemies. For things with shield, you want cold+elec = magnetic, for Infested you want heat, etc. I forget all the little combinations, but you can do things like heat + poison = toxic gas, etc.

Sajjaja

Mods are super important. Serration boosts each type of damage on your primary weapon. There's other mods that add elemental damage too. You get a 'cracked' version of some staple mods but they're really lackluster. Fully leveled cracked Serration (+40%) is worth less than a rank 3 out of 10 regular Serration (+45%). I'm not sure I have any spares at the moment to give.

The mods you load them up with, and the type (and order), can make a huge difference versus specific enemies. For things with shield, you want cold+elec = magnetic, for Infested you want heat, etc. I forget all the little combinations, but you can do things like heat + poison = toxic gas, etc.

Ooooh I didn't know you can combine elements for different effects. That's neat. And yeah, I have a cracked serration. But even still, when I shoot level 27, 28 mobs, it takes so long to kill mobs I'm shooting like 20+ damage on them. I feel like I've hit a brick wall or something.

I don't have any Orokin Cats/Reactors either.

finally max rank on my initial equipment and i even got the complete blueprints for another warframe.

Also did like one mission and i'm already level 11 on my new primary (boltor) and secondary (scarius?) while waiting for my new sword to finish its build lol

This may be a dumb question, but have you been ranking up your mods, by combining those that are the same, or with Fusion Cores?

i've been getting a shit ton of cores and mods as of late so i should fiddle with this again.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone have a clan they want to recruit me to? :3

And a few other little questions:

• My starting equipment (minus the bow, which I traded for the Braton) is all level 10+. Should I swap to some lower level stuff to level up my rank quicker?
  • I was contemplating the Nove Prime pack. Is it worth it if I'm enjoying the game?
  • Should I buy a "mag" dude? They seem kind of neat.

I'd say, keep levelling your weapons until at least one of them hits 30 - that makes it easier to level new lower-level stuff, because at least then you can kill things.

I have a rank 30 Braton that I use when switching to a fresh frame, or fresh melee/secondary. Makes a big difference.

Nova is an incredible frame, a bit weak until you buff her HP and Shield, but her Molecular Priming ability makes short work of large groups of enemies easily. It really depends on how comfortable you feel spending money already, or if you want to wait a bit and see how you feel in a few weeks.

I don't have a Mag yet myself, so I can't really comment on that.

Yeah I've been ranking them up. I can take a pic if you want.

Hmm. Beyond that, it's really just about damage type vs enemy type, and maximizing the weapon's innate damage stats (if it has good impact, you want to keep piling on impact). An all-rounder like a Soma might not be a bad investment if you're feeling underpowered - it's high fire rate tends to make up for any mod shortfalls, and once you have it max ranked and slotted with some good mods, you can really mow things down.

Or try the Paris bow, it's a bit tricky to get used to, but the damage is real.

Sajjaja

Yeah I didn't know what a Stalker was when I first got killed by him. I was just playing a mission, screen went black and dude said I was gonna die. I'm on my level 10 rhino and out of no where pops in this level 35 stalker and im like wtfffffffff and bam im dead.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'd say, keep levelling your weapons until at least one of them hits 30 - that makes it easier to level new lower-level stuff, because at least then you can kill things.

I have a rank 30 Braton that I use when switching to a fresh frame, or fresh melee/secondary. Makes a big difference.

Nova is an incredible frame, a bit weak until you buff her HP and Shield, but her Molecular Priming ability makes short work of large groups of enemies easily. It really depends on how comfortable you feel spending money already, or if you want to wait a bit and see how you feel in a few weeks.

I don't have a Mag yet myself, so I can't really comment on that.

How long will that Prime Pack be available? The weapons seem pretty cool based off of the Giant Bomb quicklook.

Nopren

I've ranked a Mag to 30 as my first warframe, and I can highly recommend it. A fully leveled Pull with Stretch Mod absolutely decimates rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom