• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How much fun will I have if I mostly play by myself and occasionally do some rando match making?

That's how I do it. Sort of. I just keep public matchmaking on for when I'm running quests and trying to make progress. If I REALLY want to loaf around and explore for some reason, I just turn on private/invite only.

How much fun will I have if I mostly play by myself and occasionally do some rando match making?

I play by myself 90% of the time, then turn on public when I'm stuck on a mission, or I ask friends for help. When you're just messing around, or trying to go all stealth and scan things, switching to Solo works best anyway.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know how to scan things.

Like for your codex? Enemies you mean?

If so, have you bought and equipped the scanners?

Once you've done that, in the mission, I THINK it's Q to open your item inventory. Check your keys, but Q comes to mind. You open that, select the item, and "fire" at an enemy. When you do that, you'll go into first person with a scanning reticule. Hold that over an enemy for a few seconds and you'll see red circles indicating a scan in progress. Once you see "Scan Complete", you're good.

What's a scanner and how do I get one lol.

Scanner is a piece of Gear you buy with credits. When you're in your Arsenal screen (where you're equipping your Frame, Primary, Secondary, Sentinel, etc), there is a Gear button at the bottom. Then you click an empty slot, and you can buy Scanners with Credits.

When you're in a map, you use the scanner (I play on a gamepad, so I'm not sure what the keyboard button for it is), and then 'scan' an enemy or item (they'll have an orange glow if you need to scan them). Once you've scanned an enemy enough times, you'll see in your Codex they have all sorts of info, like what they're strong/weak against, what mods they drop, where they're found, etc.

Alternately, you can get a Helios sentinel (blueprint is on the market for credits), as it can use a Sentinel Mod that makes it do the scanning for you. But honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Rather get a Carrier sentinel first, its Vacuume ability makes the world of difference.

Coconut

Banned
What's a scanner and how do I get one lol.

I didn't know this either I also don't understand how to power up my little card guys for my warframes bonuses. I'm hoping that I'll just play this stuff enough that it makes sense. But I'm sure that stuff is designed to be a little confusing so we end up paying real money so we don't have to thing about it.

I didn't know this either I also don't understand how to power up my little card guys for my warframes bonuses. I'm hoping that I'll just play this stuff enough that it makes sense. But I'm sure that stuff is designed to be a little confusing so we end up paying real money so we don't have to thing about it.

Nah. Their UI does need work, but I don't think they make it confusing to make you spend money - after all, what would you spend money on? Money doesn't really remove the need to rank up your mod cards.

Here's what I suggest - when you get to rank 30 in a frame, click auto-install on its mod screen and see what fills in. (You can use auto install all the time, every time you level up, just to have it slot in some useful mods). Play with the frame a bit, and see if you notice any issues, like, if you're too squishy, or don't have enough health.

Then go back to the frame upgrade screen, click mods, and then click on the Vitality mod (if you have one, if not, you'll want to play until you get one). You can use duplicates to rank up mods, but the quickest way is to use fusion cores (they drop in missions). It costs credits to apply duplicates or cores to a card, but when you do, you'll notice the mods are suddenly much more effective.

It does take a while for it all the make sense, but it's not as complex as it looks either. On the upgrade screen, there is a 'tutorial' button that explains some of the basics.

Coconut

Banned
Nah. Their UI does need work, but I don't think they make it confusing to make you spend money - after all, what would you spend money on? Money doesn't really remove the need to rank up your mod cards.

Here's what I suggest - when you get to rank 30 in a frame, click auto-install on its mod screen and see what fills in. (You can use auto install all the time, every time you level up, just to have it slot in some useful mods). Play with the frame a bit, and see if you notice any issues, like, if you're too squishy, or don't have enough health.

Then go back to the frame upgrade screen, click mods, and then click on the Vitality mod (if you have one, if not, you'll want to play until you get one). You can use duplicates to rank up mods, but the quickest way is to use fusion cores (they drop in missions). It costs credits to apply duplicates or cores to a card, but when you do, you'll notice the mods are suddenly much more effective.

It does take a while for it all the make sense, but it's not as complex as it looks either. On the upgrade screen, there is a 'tutorial' button that explains some of the basics.

It's all kinda overwhelming I think I'm just going to play for a while not messing with that stuff and wait to see if this game has legs for me and I'll start digging into the more hardcore aspects of it if it hooks me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So 123Space and I got help from some crazy buffed dude tonight. Got my Archwing parts and the Valkyr parts from farming Alad V. Need more mats to finish crafting both, but it was nuts. Dude was melting everything. It appears as though the difference between low level and high level play is quite damn significant, haha.

Reishiki

Banned
Like many things in Warframe, there's an art to mod slotting. I'm having issues with points on some weapons/frames despite having potatoes coming out of my ears.

Split Chamber, for example, is a fantastic damage boost, but at 15 points, slotting it in an unpolarized slot is a massive point chewer.

This isn't getting into the whole Forma thing either.

EDIT: Since I'm home from work, this is probably my best weapon setup right now:
lYsT7EJ.png

Nopren

Valkyr really shines with the steel fiber mod, it adds to your base armor stat. I build mine with a focus on duration and pure health/armor. An amazing mod to get for her is Rage, which gives you energy based on bow much health damage you recieve. Most of Valkyr's skills benefit from duration mods. Pushing upwards of 20+ seconds of invincibility is nice.

Yeah, been pumping up my Steel Fiber as well. Guess I'll just focus on Vitality and hope the Rage mod drops for me.
But have actually begun doing ok with her as soon as I start to spam my abilities, especially Hysteria.

My favourite frame is still Vauban out of mag, valkyr and vauban. Got a fully leveled Corrosive Projection mod which on Vauban gives me more mod points than I know what to do with.

So 123Space and I got help from some crazy buffed dude tonight. Got my Archwing parts and the Valkyr parts from farming Alad V. Need more mats to finish crafting both, but it was nuts. Dude was melting everything. It appears as though the difference between low level and high level play is quite damn significant, haha.

Did 2 more missions with him to farm some materials (survival) and yea he was pretty broken lol. Profile Rank 15 too which is the highest i've seen so far.

For those missions he used Nekros and was just desecrating corpses left and right to get more drops out of them or using them as his personal army. We chilled for 20 minutes each time and i got a good chunk of stuff so could build the equipment that needed it.

So if we need some stuff it seems survival missions are also a nice option (provided we can last long since tougher enemies do spawn eventually as the time passes :p)

He also had a death squad coming after him a few times due to some syndicate bullshit but he dealt with them with ease on his own LOL.

All in all that entire session (helping you with the extract mission and onwards) was fun overall and the guy was super helpful so he gets massive thanks/props/respect.

Like many things in Warframe, there's an art to mod slotting. I'm having issues with points on some weapons/frames despite having potatoes coming out of my ears.

Split Chamber, for example, is a fantastic damage boost, but at 15 points, slotting it in an unpolarized slot is a massive point chewer.

This isn't getting into the whole Forma thing either.

EDIT: Since I'm home from work, this is probably my best weapon setup right now:

After seeing this it might be time to do some more mod fusions now (other from Redirection and Vitality :p)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did 2 more missions with him to farm some materials (survival) and yea he was pretty broken lol. Profile Rank 15 too which is the highest i've seen so far.

For those missions he used Nekros and was just desecrating corpses left and right to get more drops out of them or using them as his personal army. We chilled for 20 minutes each time and i got a good chunk of stuff so could build the equipment that needed it.

So if we need some stuff it seems survival missions are also a nice option (provided we can last long since tougher enemies do spawn eventually as the time passes :p)

He also had a death squad coming after him a few times due to some syndicate bullshit but he dealt with them with ease on his own LOL.

All in all it was fun overall and the guy was super helpful so he gets massive thanks/props/respect.

After seeing this it might be time to do some more mod fusions now (other from Redirection and Vitality :p)

I look forward to being able to hold my own in higher level survival play. :3

I look forward to being able to hold my own in higher level survival play. :3

Yea same and it looks like mods are the key (or at least part of the solution).

For those he was definitely the one doing most of the damage while i collected stuff, killed what needed to be killed to survive since they still will come out relentlessly.

And both times the game wigged out on me where i somehow lost my primary weapon and cannot switch at all to it or even to the melee weapon. Then it would switch to the melee only (even when i'm bleeding out i just have the melee out) at some point, was really weird.

Anyways it seems we gonna need some one with more experience in the those missions to help for now lol

Nopren

The Hound Master, or whatever the guy who spawns the kubrows is called, will take your primary weapon out of your hands. You will have to pick it back up from the ground with X. It has a yellow icon similar to objectives.

The Hound Master, or whatever the guy who spawns the kubrows is called, will take your primary weapon out of your hands. You will have to pick it back up from the ground with X. It has a yellow icon similar to objectives.

hmm now that you mention it i do remembering being near something one time that gave a prompt to pick up weapon and i apparently got back my secondary.

hmmmm

they were grineer troops and had another type of beast that looked similar (i guess its a Kubrow breed they specifically use) so there is a similar dude that controls them and has the same move?

edit: doing more research on the wiki and yea i remember seeing that guy a few times (honestly with all the different enemy types swarming you after a while it becomes a blur lol) so it looks like he was the culprit then. Thanks man, never knew that's what he was actually doing and briefly wondered where the fuck those dogs were coming from before forgetting it because "oh shit i need to not get massacred due to all these enemies pouring in" hahaha.

Couldn't they have Lotus say something though (like "you lost your weapon, i have placed a marker on the map to get it back") because i had no fucking clue until i lost stuff and thought it was a bug.

My new GTX 970 plays everything at max settings with buttery smooth precision. I think I'm in love. <3

running a 7850, damn good card considering its age and now power gap.

the 970 is definitely the front runner for my next card (either as an upgrade for this computer or a another one i want to build in the future).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Its not just Warframe though but yea that certainly helps.

Took the credit hit today and currently building the entire Archwing so i can finish the quest.

I'm still missing the Control Module and the Plastids needed to craft the Systems. I also need those same items to craft the Valkyr Systems. :|

I will be buying that $80 Nova Prime pack tonight I decided. 23 hours into a F2P game over only a few days? Yeah, I'll give them money as I can see myself enjoying this game for quite some time.

I'm still missing the Control Module and the Plastids needed to craft the Systems. I also need those same items to craft the Valkyr Systems. :|

I will be buying that $80 Nova Prime pack tonight I decided. 23 hours into a F2P game over only a few days? Yeah, I'll give them money as I can see myself enjoying this game for quite some time.

that Arad V fight seemed to drop control modules more frequently than the other ways so we could try to defeat him again.

also Plastids are on Saturn but i haven't unlocked it yet :/

or you can just buy them with the platinum you are gonna get from buying that Nova prime pack :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
that Arad V fight seemed to drop control modules more frequently than the other ways so we could try to defeat him again.

also Plastids are on Saturn but i haven't unlocked it yet :/

or you can just buy them with the platinum you are gonna get from buying that Nova prime pack :p

You unlock new planets by defeating the boss of the previous planet, yes?

Also, I don't think Alad V drops control modules, does he? I got Neural Sensors from him, but never a control module.

Regarding materials though, I refuse to buy them with the plat I'm getting, haha. I'll be using that for weapons and warframes that I really want. :)

Also, I don't think Alad V drops control modules, does he? I got Neural Sensors from him, but never a control module.

Regarding materials though, I refuse to buy them with the plat I'm getting, haha. I'll be using that for weapons and warframes that I really want. :)

Yea i guess so since i usually get a nav segment as a drop from the bosses i've fought so far (except Phorid), not sure about the order though.

whoops got them mixed up, sorry gonna edit my post.

According to the wiki Control Modules are on Neptune and Europa and also in Void missions but you need a tower key (or at least the host does) for those in particular (which more likely dropped at some point for you). I got 3 modules from there during that time Miktar mentioned recently in the thread where shit got really hairy in a defense mission but we managed to pull it off.

another thing to buy apparently is slots so you can hold more weapons/warframes/etc in your inventory. I honestly might have to think about that given the amount of warframe blueprints dropping (i have 3 waiting to be built and 2 needing more components)

Saprol

Dread is so nice with red crits. I'm lucky that I had stronger teammates to bail me out and get the drop when I first met Stalker. Turns out it didn't really matter because he's only ever dropped Dread for me and none of the other weapon blueprints.

My most forma'd weapon is the Amprex. Zapping everything in sight is too funny but ruins my ammo count. I've been running Phage for ammo efficiency, but now with the syndicate Large Team Ammo Restores I can probably start using the lightning gun again.

Yeah, just beat the boss of the previous planet for the next navigation segment. Europa is probably the closest planet for control modules. Mars -> Phobos -> Europa is the order.

Europa, Pluto and the Void have control modules. I'd be willing to help go through some of the star map when I'm free. I added you; my IGN is Ganaha and not Saprol because I made a throwaway account in beta and then forgot about the game for ages.

Ever since they changed the planet system from that map thing to this new circle thing, something's been weird for me.

I've beaten Phobos, but I don't have Europa. I have Sedna and a bunch of others, but never been able to get Europa to show.

Saprol

That's odd. Do you not have any Europa segments? I'm sitting on 80 Sedna nav segments because of neural sensor farming.

Saprol

Bought the Nova Prime pack and grabbed a Carrier Mag with it. <3 I love having a little buddy.
Oh you meant mags as in the Phantasy Star companions in an earlier post, not the shield focused warframe Mag. Carrier is pretty solid. The sweeper wrapon is good and it can equip the vacuum mod to pick stuff up for you from a greater range.

Bought the Nova Prime pack and grabbed a Carrier Mag with it. <3 I love having a little buddy.

Nice.

Kinda jealous since i just don't have the funds at this point in time :p

Anyways are you gonna hit the ground running with Nova Prime or you gonna finish leveling your other frame (not sure if you are already max level or not)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nice.

Kinda jealous since i just don't have the funds at this point in time :p

Anyways are you gonna hit the ground running with Nova Prime or you gonna finish leveling your other frame (not sure if you are already max level or not)

Planning to finish up Volt and Braton tonight. Both are at 28. I'm not sure if I should swap immediately over to Nova Prime + Soma Prime after that, or let the Mk-1 Kunai and my Mk-1 Bo drink the XP to get them done and over with.

What's the "suggested plan of attack" from veterans on newbie gear leveling?

I was able to sell some stuff to fund my Warframe and new video card purchase, otherwise I probably would have had to wait, haha.

Planning to finish up Volt and Braton tonight. Both are at 28. I'm not sure if I should swap immediately over to Nova Prime + Soma Prime after that, or let the Mk-1 Kunai and my Mk-1 Bo drink the XP to get them done and over with.

I was able to sell some stuff to fund my Warframe and new video card purchase, otherwise I probably would have had to wait, haha.

got hit with slot barrier :(

might just rank up the mk-1 braton all the way to get it over with

sophora

Personally I'd put the beginner weapons to the side (unless you don't have room then sell), you can always repurchase their blueprints later on down the line and get your mastery. Soma Prime is a great weapon, even worth of late-game use. Nova Prime won't shine until after rank 10 when you unlock her Molecular Prime. She is pretty squishy but agile enough that Soma Prime should carry you well into rank 10 easy.

Alienups

Started playing a couple of days ago and just hit 30 with my Excalibur. Tempted to level up a Rhino next since it's apparently pretty noob friendly but im a bit stuck at what assault rifle i should go for next. Any ideas ? Just unlocked Jupiter btw.

Sajjaja

Started playing a couple of days ago and just hit 30 with my Excalibur. Tempted to level up a Rhino next since it's apparently pretty noob friendly but im a bit stuck at what assault rifle i should go for next. Any ideas ? Just unlocked Jupiter btw.

A nice upgrade from the MK1-Braton is just the Braton. But if you want to take it a step further, the Karak or the Boltor are also great choices.

Rhino is a very good frame for a beginner (I am still a beginner, but I just finished building Oberon and Valkyr today) and will take you where you want.

Hi Alien.

Brakara

So I got a Forma blueprint after doing the current 24h event (on Xbox), but is this a one-time only use, or can I use it to make as many formas as I want (if I have the necessary resources)?

Nopren

All blueprints gets consumed in the production of said item.

The clan seems pretty barren, have only seen a couple on at once, but mostly it is only me.
At least it's nice to have a stacked dojo to produce stuff with, and the clan emblem is pretty damn sweet.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Personally I'd put the beginner weapons to the side (unless you don't have room then sell), you can always repurchase their blueprints later on down the line and get your mastery. Soma Prime is a great weapon, even worth of late-game use. Nova Prime won't shine until after rank 10 when you unlock her Molecular Prime. She is pretty squishy but agile enough that Soma Prime should carry you well into rank 10 easy.

Alright, seems fair.

The two weapons that come with the Nove Prime pack seem neat, so I'll level those. I've also got two new melee weapons to play with, so I'll give them a go as well.

A few questions that came up yesterday:

• If weapon A has mods on it and I equip B, do I have access to the mods on weapon A or do I need to unequip the mods from A to have access to them?
  • Are there good resources for optimal loadouts on weapons? Right now I just sort of toss random shit onto a weapon, but I'm sure there's a better way to do this.
  • Yesterday I was doing a mission with a guy, and he was just murdering things. I'm assuming this is due to mods? If so, my question above has even more weight, haha.

Alright, seems fair.

The two weapons that come with the Nove Prime pack seem neat, so I'll level those. I've also got two new melee weapons to play with, so I'll give them a go as well.

A few questions that came up yesterday:

• If weapon A has mods on it and I equip B, do I have access to the mods on weapon A or do I need to unequip the mods from A to have access to them?
  • Are there good resources for optimal loadouts on weapons? Right now I just sort of toss random shit onto a weapon, but I'm sure there's a better way to do this.
  • Yesterday I was doing a mission with a guy, and he was just murdering things. I'm assuming this is due to mods? If so, my question above has even more weight, haha.

If you put mods on Weapon A, and then equip B and puts mods on B, you still have access to all the mods on Weapon A. The only time this isn't true, is when your Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon and Sentinal Weapon, all try to use the same mod on the same loadout. It'll give you a message though saying there is a conflict, and you can auto-resolve it (it usually just moves the mod to whichever it thinks it is best suited for).

Think of it this way: when you're slotting in mods, you're slotting in an instance of them. You just can't have two active instances of the same mod, since you only have one. Of course, if you actually HAVE two copies of the same mod, then yeah, you can run them on both your active weapons at the same time.

As for the guy murdering things - yup. Mods make the frame, and make the gun. I don't know of any build sites myself, but I'm sure there are some.

When do I start getting new guns without using real money?

If you go to the Market, look at all the "Blueprints" categories. Blueprints you buy with credits (or they drop from bosses or in Void missions), and then you craft the item using resources gained from doing missions on certain planets.

Most weapons you can get at any time by just buying the blueprint and crafting. Frames require you to defeat certain bosses to get the Helmet, Chassis and Systems blueprints, and then you buy the main frame blueprint off the market.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you put mods on Weapon A, and then equip B and puts mods on B, you still have access to all the mods on Weapon A. The only time this isn't true, is when your Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon and Sentinal Weapon, all try to use the same mod on the same loadout. It'll give you a message though saying there is a conflict, and you can auto-resolve it (it usually just moves the mod to whichever it thinks it is best suited for).

Think of it this way: when you're slotting in mods, you're slotting in an instance of them. You just can't have two active instances of the same mod, since you only have one. Of course, if you actually HAVE two copies of the same mod, then yeah, you can run them on both your active weapons at the same time.

As for the guy murdering things - yup. Mods make the frame, and make the gun. I don't know of any build sites myself, but I'm sure there are some.

That makes sense, thanks. Good to know. I'm guessing I can't fuse mods unless they're completely unequipped? Or does that work in the same way as equipping?

And in terms of fusing, if I have, for example, 6 copies of Fury, is it better to fuse all of those together to get 1 higher ranked version? Or is it best to fuse fusion cores into mods? I am starting to have an overwhelming collection of mods to use, but I also have piles and piles of cores and duplicates of common/uncommon mods.

Nopren

Use duplicates to fuse into higher ranked versions of the mod, save cores for when you want to fuse a mod into a higher rank but don't have a duplicate of it.
But with regards to duplicates it could be a good idea to keep a couple of lower ranked versions of them for when you are levelling up a new frame/weapon/sentinel, as they won't have the room to slot in your Rank 9 Vitality from the get-go.

Coconut

Banned
All blueprints gets consumed in the production of said item.

The clan seems pretty barren, have only seen a couple on at once, but mostly it is only me.
At least it's nice to have a stacked dojo to produce stuff with, and the clan emblem is pretty damn sweet.

How does one join the clan in this game?

Was really thinking of just selling MK1-Braton to make space but i caved and bought more space with the small amount of platinum i initially got (still kinda salty that i wasted near half of it on "idiot" tax aka refilling the revives :/). Will just max it then sell afterwords since i already made my bed.

How does one join the clan in this game?

IIRC a clan member with powers to recruit can send invites so just give your username in here and one of them should see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom