• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopren

Adrastea (Jupiter) | Extermination (Corpus) | Enemy Security Forces Located | Level: 17-20

That alert will drop the Aura mod Steel Charge for the next 22 minutes. Would highly recommend doing it if able.

Shaldome

Everyone says buying weapons isn't worth it, but man...Buying a weapon that's already got double mod slots AND gives the extra inventory slot is awesome. :) I don't mind buying weapons vs building personally.

True, I might think about it. Depends on how much Platinum I am willing to buy.
I got a blueprint for one Orokin Catalyst, so I can upgrade one weapon already, if I get one were this makes sense.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
True, I might think about it. Depends on how much Platinum I am willing to buy.
I got a blueprint for one Orokin Catalyst, so I can upgrade one weapon already, if I get one were this makes sense.

I bought Prime Access and got a lot of Platinum for it. I have used my platinum to buy Prime warframe sets and max level elemental mods. It has made my life a LOT easier, and I still have like 2300p to use, haha. People on trade are willing to sell shit for dirt cheap.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I can't the next boss fight is locked.

You need to complete missions that have the little glowing aura around them. See the missions with the red arrow pointing to them? They have a border that's different from the other missions. That means you haven't completed them yet. Do them to open up adjacent missions and, eventually, you'll make it to the boss mission.

y1MNqZ7.jpg

Coconut

Banned
You need to complete missions that have the little glowing aura around them. See the missions with the red arrow pointing to them? They have a border that's different from the other missions. That means you haven't completed them yet. Do them to open up adjacent missions and, eventually, you'll make it to the boss mission.

y1MNqZ7.jpg

I'm such a ding bat I thought you meant mission that literally were right next to the boss missions.

sophora

I bought Prime Access and got a lot of Platinum for it. I have used my platinum to buy Prime warframe sets and max level elemental mods. It has made my life a LOT easier, and I still have like 2300p to use, haha. People on trade are willing to sell shit for dirt cheap.

Depends on the parts, difficulty of obtaining, and if it's new. My experiences with trade chat are generally good, save for some people who don't know the concept of haggling and put me on their ignore list. I try to base my prices around 12-20p for the rarer parts, seems reasonable enough to me since with that someone will be able to buy more warframe or weapon slots. The more costly things that can run up hundreds of plat are usually event exclusive mods.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Depends on the parts, difficulty of obtaining, and if it's new. My experiences with trade chat are generally good, save for some people who don't know the concept of haggling and put me on their ignore list. I try to base my prices around 12-20p for the rarer parts, seems reasonable enough to me since with that someone will be able to buy more warframe or weapon slots. The more costly things that can run up hundreds of plat are usually event exclusive mods.

Yeah, I do my research. The most I paid was 200p for a full set of Loki Prime stuff (3 parts + BP) - I didn't mind paying it since I won't be able to dick with T4 stuff for a while. Buying cheap max level mods for a few plat is worth it for me as I don't necessarily want to farm forever for fusion cores and credits. I'll do that for leveling some things, though (Seration).

well i got some prime components last night which gave me the idea of trying to farm them instead but going through the different towers and types in hopes of completing a set could be daunting.

I still have this trading option though for some ease of mind (and having some plat to use :p) and will continue to assess.

Might be time to start some syndicate stuff and hope that i can handle a assassination squad whenever they appear lol

M09482

Neo Member
Yeah, I do my research. The most I paid was 200p for a full set of Loki Prime stuff (3 parts + BP) - I didn't mind paying it since I won't be able to dick with T4 stuff for a while. Buying cheap max level mods for a few plat is worth it for me as I don't necessarily want to farm forever for fusion cores and credits. I'll do that for leveling some things, though (Seration).

Rank 3 and Rank 5 mods can be maxed for around 5000 - 12,000 credits and a handful of fusion cores (rough estimate). Not really worth the extra platinum people tend to charge for "maxed" mods. Glad you seem to be having fun with the game.

Rank 3 and Rank 5 mods can be maxed for around 5000 - 12,000 credits and a handful of fusion cores (rough estimate). Not really worth the extra platinum people tend to charge for "maxed" mods. Glad you seem to be having fun with the game.

hmm

was gonna ask you earlier if that "keep it one rank less than max to save money" advice would apply to those other mod card ranks also or was it just the rank 10's but it looks like it answered with this post.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Eh, 3-5p for a maxed mod is OK in my book. :)

M09482

Neo Member
Eh, 3-5p for a maxed mod is OK in my book. :)

Yeah that's cool, you should play the game however you want to. It's just that in my experience of trade, people tend to ask for double for maxed mods compared to unranked versions, hence my opinion on the matter. But, if you feel like you are getting a good deal, then what I think really doesn't matter :)

hmm

was gonna ask you earlier if that "keep it one rank less than max to save money" advice would apply to those other mod card ranks also or was it just the rank 10's but it looks like it answered with this post.

Yeah, just to give you a rough idea of what it takes to rank a level 10 mod from 0 to 10 if you only use R5 Rare Fusion Cores:

Common Mods (Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber, etc.)
132 Cores + 415,800 Credits.

Uncommon Mods (Serration, Hornet Strike, Equilibrium, etc)
264 Cores + 831,600 Credits.

Rare Mods (Heavy Caliber, Blind Rage, Narrowminded, etc.)
396 Cores + 1,247,400 Credits.

Legendary Mods (Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, etc.)
528 Cores + 1,663,200 Credits.

You can halve those costs if you only take the Mod up to Rank 9. So you can choose just 1 Rank 10 mod or 2 Rank 9 mods for the same cost. In the case of legendary mods like the 2 above, you have to decide if the cost is really worth an additional 5% gain?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
so im rounding out mastering my first set of weapons, and i need to know which other weapons are beginner friendly?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Missed out on farming with you last night Infinite Justice. Too bad! Gotta get yourself a mic for Teamspeak shenanigans! :p

Also, I got to participate in a Lephantis run last night. Hooooly shit that was fun. I honestly had NO IDEA content like that existed in this game! I figured it was all relatively same-y missions, but this was just fantastic. Is there more content and fights like this hidden away in Warframe somewhere? I need more of that because it was awesome.

Missed out on farming with you last night Infinite Justice. Too bad! Gotta get yourself a mic for Teamspeak shenanigans! :p

:(

I did ask but i had to restart and lost the chance for the alert.

for the T1 defense invite i was on a solo mission at the time but it was already too late apparently when i was finished. Instead i finished that archwing mission finally and was doing the ones i had unlocked on some the planets, very interesting departure.

yea seems like it but i might have to acquire one someho....hold on, I think i have something but i'll have to test it first.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
:(

I did ask but i had to restart and lost the chance for the alert.

for the T1 defense invite i was on a solo mission at the time but it was already too late apparently when i was finished. Instead i finished that archwing mission finally and was doing the ones i had unlocked on some the planets, very interesting departure.

yea seems like it but i might have to acquire one someho....hold on, I think i have something but i'll have to test it first.

Not sure if you're in the states, but Walmart has really cheap headsets for like, $15. I route my game through my speakers and Teamspeak through my headset. Works great and didn't cost me a fortune.

Not sure if you're in the states, but Walmart has really cheap headsets for like, $15. I route my game through my speakers and Teamspeak through my headset. Works great and didn't cost me a fortune.

not in the states currently but as said i might have something but i'll have to see.

on a more positive note i now have another frame in the oven, a new primary and new secondary waiting and my existing melee that's being leveled already. Dat warframe gameplay loop/cycle i guess.

squadr0n

New update today 15.13.0

Adds a new quest line

New Quest: Stolen Dreams

What are the Arcane Codices?

A new character and a completely revamped version of Spy Mode await you in the Stolen Dreams Quest. Embrace your inner secret agent, Tenno!

The Grineer have put out a capture order for a thief named Maroo – they claim she double crossed them and has sold precious Arcane Codices to the Corpus. Concerned for Maroo’s safety – and excited at the idea of a new Arcane Codex – the Lotus is requesting that you bring Maroo in.

Think fast, Tenno! You must plan your actions quickly and accordingly in this Quest. Failure to do so may alert the enemy to your presence and the Arcane Codex data may be destroyed.

Complete this Quest and you’ll be rewarded with an Ether Dagger Blueprint and a Catalyst Blueprint.

Also they fixed the Spy missions alot plus fixed lip synching and lighting.

squadr0n

Im looking for anyone will too help me with the Kubrow mission on Earth when you have to defend him till the end of 5 waves to get his collar. Every time I get to the last wave and he wipes exactly when it gets too crazy to kill everyone plus try to res him at the same time. Also ammo for my rifle is scarce so im usually running out by then. My name ingame is the same as it is on here, Squadr0n. Im also in the Gaf Clan if that helps. Ill be on for awhile tonight if anyone can help.

NVM, it has to be soloed :(

Any tips would be helpful. Can I wait till im lvled up more to do it or is their a time frame?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Im looking for anyone will too help me with the Kubrow mission on Earth when you have to defend him till the end of 5 waves to get his collar. Every time I get to the last wave and he wipes exactly when it gets too crazy to kill everyone plus try to res him at the same time. Also ammo for my rifle is scarce so im usually running out by then. My name ingame is the same as it is on here, Squadr0n. Im also in the Gaf Clan if that helps. Ill be on for awhile tonight if anyone can help.

I'm out with friends, but when I get home, I'll add you. I should be able to help.

NVM, it has to be soloed :(

Any tips would be helpful. Can I wait till im lvled up more to do it or is their a time frame?

What type of enemy are you fighting?

What frame are you using? do you use its special abilities (the last one for most frames is usually some "ultimate" move that can clear out/damage/status effect a bunch of enemies quickly enough)? are they all unlocked?

What's your primary, secondary, melee weapons?

Are they leveled enough?

What mods have you installed on your Warframe and the aforementioned weapons?

Have you leveled some of your mods via fusion? (might not be extremely important right now but it helps in the long run)

there are a lot of questions here :p

Usually quests can be left alone if you are at a certain point but i'm not sure about this one since you have a living being that also needs maintenance to keep in top shape and also be always loyal to you (or it might die iirc). So i'm not sure if that "time" is running at that point once its hatched.

I'm out with friends, but when I get home, I'll add you. I should be able to help.

Yo how's it going man as i hardly see you online on this (mostly due to bad timing i guess)

squadr0n

Hey if anyone is on today I need some help with a couple Void missions that I have keys for. Its just T1 and T2 so it wouldnt be very hard or advanced but I really need those Orikon Crystals so bad. Ive dont a few Void missions already with a few other Gaffers so I know whats up, if anyone is down to help let me know. Im in the Gaf clan and my in game name is the same as on here.

Sajjaja

I accomplished a lot today. I got all the Nekros parts, Hydroid parts, Paris Prime Parts, maxed up Aklato, and built Akbolto.

Damn idk why but this game has me hooked.

Joeku

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=warframe

So, a bunch of stuff is on sale for 50(+10)% off. I just got into the PC version after getting a new video card having previously played some on PS4. I'm ultimately ignorant about the quality of the F2P integration.

Would you guys say that some of those bundles at 60% off are worth it, assuming I can just save the platinum and credits and (good?) mods until I'm high enough level for them?

Nopren

Marelok is such a damn awesome sidearm. Never thought I would part with my Vasto, but don't have any qualms about throwing it in the stew to make a redeemer, now.
Now if only a catalyst BP alert would come around so I could potato it.

sophora

Marelok is such a damn awesome sidearm. Never thought I would part with my Vasto, but don't have any qualms about throwing it in the stew to make a redeemer, now.
Now if only a catalyst BP alert would come around so I could potato it.

Blue potato alerts are too rare to keep an eye out for, check on invasion mission rewards. Sometimes a faction will offer catalysts or reactors for supporting their side. On the note of the Marelok, one of my most used weapons, seriously really powerful. Working on my Syndicate reputation for Steel Meridian to get their version of the Marelok :3

Farmed a Miter to make a Panthera... what a crap gun haha. I wanted to potato it and throw a bunch of forma in it cause it could be cool... but just ugh.

Coconut

Banned
Any tips for soloing bosses? or is there a good way for me to generate Blues orbs while on missions? Also how do I get points for a clan and how do I join one so I can buy there rare cards and stuff?

Any tips for soloing bosses?

i hear rhino is good for that (at least for the early planets) and so far the bosses seems to have been integrated into the 3 faction types so you can use those weaknesses against them as a start and trick out your warframe/weapons with mods to help out.

or is there a good way for me to generate Blues orbs while on missions?

There is one frame that can help with getting orbs and stuff as one of his abilities but getting his parts to drop is kind of an hassle (unless your pretty tricked out). IMO usually try to kill enemies to get them to drop and not rely on the orbs too much by using your abilities only when needed. Or if not trick out your warframe with mods and stuff so you can hold more and/or use less.

Also how do I get points for a clan and how do I join one so I can buy there rare cards and stuff?

And i assume you meant syndicate (mainly due to the buying cards bit) and not a clan as they are actually different things in this game (you can buy stuff from a clan too but its usually blueprints for certain items/weapons/warframes/sentinels the clan already researched).

To join a syndicate you have to be at the minimum mastery level (iirc if you see them on your ship its a sign you can now join them) and just pick the ones you want by doing the initiation. After initiation you need to do missions with the newly acquired emblem of the syndicate attached to your warframe(s) so it will start to accrue points and once you have reached the maximum for that level, you give them an offering to get to the next rank (or use the amount to buy more stuff in the current rank), rinse and repeat.The initiation and later rank ups need specific items plus credits to give and only at a certain rank you can buy their cards and weapons.

Also each syndicate have a group that they are allied to, opposed to, and outright an enemy to so you will have to choose well since the latter 2 accrue negative points (one at half the rate, the other at 1:1 respectively) and if you have too much negative points for a group they will send a death squad at random into any mission you might be doing (even in the Void) to take you out. So choose carefully and try to at least minimize the amount of groups that might hate you :p

Well that explains why 3 groups have contracts out on me I think.

If you mean the ones you see on your profile/get an email from then no as they are actually separate from the syndicate ones lol.

1 comes from killing too many bosses (Stalker)

the other 2 comes from invasion events based on the side you didn't pick at that time getting pissed off at you. (Gustag Three if you pissed off the Grineer, Zanuka Hunter if you pissed off the Corpus).

For syndicates: based on which group is doing it they will send out a group of high level eximus (glowing orange/red) versions of a type of enemy (eg one group send Ancients while another sends Moas). You'll see all this information on the syndicates portion of the ship so you know what to expect

so with the syndicates in play you can have a lot of different people after you (right now i have 4: Stalker, Zanuka and 2 Syndicates) :trollface

Nopren

You can, and should, join and accrue influence for three syndicates at a time without them working against each other. For maximum access to mods, weapons and annoying hitsqueads in missions, either join all three to the left or all three to the right.

For example, my favourite frames are Vauban and Valkyr so I've joined Perrin, Red Veil and Loka.

You can, and should, join and accrue influence for three syndicates at a time without them working against each other. For maximum access to mods, weapons and annoying hitsqueads in missions, either join all three to the left or all three to the right.

For example, my favourite frames are Vauban and Valkyr so I've joined Perrin, Red Veil and Loka.

i'm doing 4 but sadly Valkyr will be out since i'm doing Steel Meridian, Suda, and by extension Red Veil and Arbiter.

its apparently possible to do 5 but that sounds like a lot of fucking babysitting tbh

Coconut

Banned

I've been running ember and I joined the guys with the sword hilt looking emblem because it was the coolest looking one let's see how that goes for a second.

New question what's the deal with dude that deals in ducats at the relay? Is he with dealing with does he ever have anything good?

I've been running ember and I joined the guys with the sword hilt looking emblem because it was the coolest looking one let's see how that goes for a second.

New question what's the deal with dude that deals in ducats at the relay? Is he with dealing with does he ever have anything good?

Apparently he has some of the best stuff in the game or at least the mods since they are basically like prime parts (better versions of existing weapons/frames/etc) but for mods, hell their names have "Primed" <whatever> in them lol.

His shit is expensive though and you need to get a bunch of ducats for stuff (which is acquired by selling prime parts/bps).

Also reminds me of Xur from Destiny and adds another weird similarity of both games lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom