• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Facebook post said starting the 24th of March they won't be on the drop tables.

Meaning they will be like the Arcane helmets that sell for hundreds of plat, if DE decides to never release them again or is only temporary until they figure out how they want to redo the void drops entirely.

Coconut

Banned
Thanks again Valkerion my Warframe is hella stylin' now.

zdgtNVz.jpg

Special C

Looks like we are finally getting tactical alerts on console. How do they work? Do they pop up right after the update and last for a couple of days or do they pop up randomly like regular alerts?

Looks like we are finally getting tactical alerts on console. How do they work? Do they pop up right after the update and last for a couple of days or do they pop up randomly like regular alerts?

the last few i've seen it pops up like an alert but lasts for way longer (about a week for each so far iirc) and also has its own notification icon. Plus it shows extra info on the navigation popup screen such as a target you need to reach and what item(s) you can get at each target tier.

So for example complete it once and you get 40k credits, do it again (it might be harder than before) and get a orokin reactor or catalyst or forma, etc

Also it could have a limit placed on it that you need to adhere to before being eligible to run it such as "you can only carry a heavy melee weapon".

"NEW GAME MODE -- For the first time ever, create a squad of eight Tenno and work through Mission challenges."

Oh my.

The reward from it is very interesting too since it allows you to kinda recreate those arcane helmets they had before DE removed them from the rotation by enhancing any (alternate?) helmet with some status buffs. Also works on a syndana as well.

its damn expensive though at 500k credits per build :/

Coconut

Banned
The reward from it is very interesting too since it allows you to kinda recreate those arcane helmets they had before DE removed them from the rotation by enhancing any (alternate?) helmet with some status buffs. Also works on a syndana as well.

its damn expensive though at 500k credits per build :/

What do you do in this new mode?

As for PvP i doubt it will touch it , even after all this new stuff added, bleh.

What do you do in this new mode?

not too sure since i haven't done it yet but i hear the Gustragg 3 are in along with Vay Hek and the overall level numbers are crazy (70 - 100+)

i will assume there will be some stuff that stresses teamwork along with the increased number of players (similarly to how the quest they added before this update stressed their new Spy 2.0 mode for the most of it) lol

sophora

Been giving some time to the U16 Update here are my impressions so far.

On the Chroma Quest and his requirements for building. I haven't had hands on with him yet, I'll post impressions on him later. The quest is an introduction quest to the new addition to the relays, the Sanctuary and Cephalon Simaris. The quest teaches you how to capture and synthesize enemies marked in missions, which is relatively easy once you understand what to do. The real quest for Chroma will come in the parts requirements to craft. You'll need to obtain the following Warframe parts to build the parts to Chroma himself;
Ember Helm, Volt Helmet, Frost Chassis, and Saryn Systems.
So research which boss drops what. Chroma seems pretty hard to obtain but its not as bad as other recent additions (Mesa).

On the Conclave and PVP Capture-the-Cephalon mode. Conclave pvp was pretty lackluster before this update and broken so I didn't expect much out of it. Looking through the PVP exclusive mods from the Conclave syndicate, they all seem really fun and useful to have. Now about the new CTF mode, its....surprisingly fun. Rules are; capture the enemy cephalon(flag) and take it back to your cephalon to score a point. Maps are symmetrical and health/enemy pick-ups are in the same locations so many times you'll find yourself,teammates and enemies fighting over pick-ups. Knowing these where these locations are is key to predicting movement and lining up killing shots.

I've been using for my PVP loadout; Frost Prime, Paris Prime, Sicaris Prime, Bo. My Frost is outfitted with the Ice Wave Impedence Augment, which plays a big part of my PVP strategy. I'll usually make a point to get energy as soon as possible, since pick-ups give about 25 energy each. I try to grab 1-2 orbs before engaging with the hostile team. With 50 energy I get access to my Ice wave which helps with team fights pretty well. I'll cast it in long hallways or small corridors where there is a chokepoint, hoping to maybe catch a few tenno in the wave. After the cast for 12 seconds there is a slowing ice field along the path of my ice wave that will slow enemies as badly as the Orokin void Ice path traps. People don't pay attention to my ice path and get caught walking into it or jumping into the path, so in that time my team and I will line up arrows and bullets. Also wiping up an entire squad wtih your 4 is amazing. So PVP is surprising me a lot.

Hey folks... so me and Tyler were thinking of coming back to the game. We thought about it a couple of times last year but usually got pulled away into something else or were scared off by the new user interface (which still doesn't make sense to me).

So how many of the old crew are still around? Metal, saav, sven you guys still playing? Anyone mind walking us through the new stuff (we left just before rails were introduced).

Also I read on the news ticker that Frost, Latron and Reaper prime are being removed from the drop table. I'm missing Reaper prime. Can anyone spare a blueprint? I'll be willing to buy it off you with plat if you wish. And Tyler was looking for a Frost Prime part but I'm not sure which. Would be great if someone could help out with that.

edit - more questions.

What happened to all the mods? Couldn't figure out how to equip them in the loadout screen.

Also what's the deal with these quests? Some random low level stuff on Earth and all. Can they be done in a group?

edit 2 - figured it out. You need to do the first quest chain just to be able to access the mods and foundry. What a great idea :\

Also what's the deal with these quests? Some random low level stuff on Earth and all. Can they be done in a group?\

The first quest you get is basically the tutorial; it walks new players through some of the basics. The one after that gets you your Archwing. Both of those are really low level as they're designed to be done "first" by new players, basically.

After that, they open up. There's the infested boss quest, and then a bunch of frame-specific quests you can buy. That seems to be how they are introducing most new Frames these days; to get Limbo or Mirage you buy their "quest", and in the process of completing the quest missions you get the blueprints you need.

Special C

I just got cheated out of 300,000 in battle pay. I was supporting a rail conflict with a battle pay of 50,000 (This is on Xbox One). Did 6 long missions without paying attention to my credits. Didn't get a single credit. Did they change it so you get the payout at the end like an NPC invasion or something? It wasn't part of my alliance so I should always get battle pay right? I checked prior to each battle and there was battle pay each time.

sophora

I just got cheated out of 300,000 in battle pay. I was supporting a rail conflict with a battle pay of 50,000 (This is on Xbox One). Did 6 long missions without paying attention to my credits. Didn't get a single credit. Did they change it so you get the payout at the end like an NPC invasion or something? It wasn't part of my alliance so I should always get battle pay right? I checked prior to each battle and there was battle pay each time.

Did you check their reserves? Thought there was an indicator on each side how much credits are left that they've dedicated to DS payouts. If there aren't any reserves left you won't get the payout. They may advertise it at 50k but sometimes those run out reserves quick.

Special C

Did you check their reserves? Thought there was an indicator on each side how much credits are left that they've dedicated to DS payouts. If there aren't any reserves left you won't get the payout. They may advertise it at 50k but sometimes those run out reserves quick.

Yes, there were reserves every time I started.

Does the game still start behaving totally weird once you hit high level void defense or survival missions? Or did they fix that awesome bug? :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Coming back to Warframe after a year or so, I'm having a lot of trouble with Stolen Dreams on Mercury.

It just seems so difficult not triggering the alarms and then I get swarmed or they purge the data.

Coming back to Warframe after a year or so, I'm having a lot of trouble with Stolen Dreams on Mercury.

It just seems so difficult not triggering the alarms and then I get swarmed or they purge the data.

Yea its usually helps a lot if you can go stealth (eg Loki frame with a bow and arrow and maybe throwing stars) once you reach the required room. There are also vents in the room itself that can help bypass some sections.

Also build some ciphers and carry them so you don't have to play the hacking minigame, especially if the data is being purged and you are near.

Does the game still start behaving totally weird once you hit high level void defense or survival missions? Or did they fix that awesome bug? :p

Define weird since a lot of stuff can happen in this game bug wise LOL

Define weird since a lot of stuff can happen in this game bug wise LOL

The game just used to fall apart once you got to higher levels (60-70+) of defense/survival. Most commonly you would just crash out of the game. Frame rate used to drop. Graphics used to start artifacting. Abilities stopped behaving properly. Ammo/resource drops dried up. Or you could just instantly fail a mission.

The game just used to fall apart once you got to higher levels (60-70+) of defense/survival. Most commonly you would just crash out of the game. Frame rate used to drop. Graphics used to start artifacting. Abilities stopped behaving properly. Ammo/resource drops dried up. Or you could just instantly fail a mission.

hm not so sure with those high levels (highest i ever saw in a survival was 60 and it seemed fine).

usually its interface issues and some disconnection stuff

I have to say, popping back in and not know wtf some of this stuff is is kind of nice.

Also, could someone kick a few people out of the clan please? I'd like to invite a friend :)

Coconut

Banned

I built ciphers and just used them.

Played a bit after the patch, was nice I guess to see some of the prime parts locations switched around. Hopefully Nova/ODS rewards have been addressed instead of getting guaranteed keys lol.

Found Odanta BP and Harness, and 2x Volt Systems already. Not to shabby. No T4 keys for the rest though

Hard to believe the game went open beta and I made this OT two years ago!

Website_Warframe_2ndAnniversary_AS_001.jpg

Log in between now and April 1st to get some anniversary weapons. Dex Dakra and Dex Furis. Also returning is the Excal Proto skin and a new Glaive Proto skin on the market.

MightyKAC

By the way, just wanted to say how awesome it was playing with clan mates last night.

Really felt like old times. Might actually get me to pick this game up a little bit more.

Edit: thanks for the heads up on that glaive skin. As soon as I saw that shit I bought it ASAP.

HooYaH

Can someone reorganize the dojo and add the trade station downstairs and teleporters to each manufacture place? Tried out the ps4 dojo and it's pretty easy to move around from place to place.

Anyone have some spare dagger stances? I wish stances were in a per-item talent tree thing or something instead of having to farm for the dang mod cards...

Clan is so dead in the mornings... Really want a Loki Prime and other prime things, but I'd rather not go with random pubbers. Working night shifts, booo.

Also, dead thread is dead. Triple post achieved!

Iku-Turso

You feel my pain now, no one was playing in my timezone neither. As for dagger stances I only have dual daggers stances sorry :(

frizby

Heyo. PS4frame warlord here.

One of our most active clan members also plays on PC and would like a clan invite. Username mmcareen

anyone do the newest event? was thinking about reinstalling to do it but looking at the forms... does not seem like its worth the hassle/its a big hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom