• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaiSe

Could a PC player tell me how much does a maxed out Primed Continuity goes for on PC? I'd like to know the average price.

Hedge

So are defense missions the best way to farm fusions?

Also I need formas how? where?

If you have the void keys, I think void capture missions are some of the fastest ways to get forma. If you have a speedy Volt it takes like 3 minutes to do a capture mission - but you'll be battling RNG of course.

If you're looking for doing it in a group, you might be interested to take a look at the datamined droprates for forma for each mission.

I'm not sure if it's alright to post a link to datamined stuff, but here is a link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1794L0EuFpZi5zjJChvdcHvP3nVHk1MFhNUiFRSZhWkg/pubhtml#

But as always, data from dataminers are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Nopren

Damn that Tactical alert is an ordeal. Needed so much button mashing. On the other hand, both of the times I was lucky to get matched with capable groups. And a potatoed Valkyr frame was mighty helpful.

Coconut

Banned
So there's no list that simply says grineer don't like fire but are fine with electricity or something more simplified like that?

Nopren

Well, no, because each faction has different units made up of different "materials", so there is no catch-all.
But I usually just remember what electricity + xxxxxxx element is good against, since I love my quanta.
So corrosive and radiation against Grineer.
Magnetic against Corpus.
Corrosive against Infected
Corrosive against Void

And that is just me copying stuff from that page.

Well, no, because each faction has different units made up of different "materials", so there is no catch-all.
But I usually just remember what electricity + xxxxxxx element is good against what, since I love my quanta.
So corrosive and radiation against Grineer.
Magnetic against Corpus.
Corrosive against Infected
Corrosive against Void

And that is just me copying stuff from that page.

Corrosive seems to be working really well for me against the types but i do have magnetic on my secondary just in case for the corpus (i'm leveling up a normal gammacor currently).

Also always remember your bread n butter damage/crit mods also (finally took some time to rank some of those and boy do they make a fucking difference :D)

Clearos

Anyone else going to be at the Tenno Live 2015 in Pax East this weekend?

Converting from a PS4 War frame to PC space ninja.

Coconut

Banned
Some one please explain what a forma does the wiki isn't clear to me on its function outside of that it adds a symbol to a mod slot.

So what would an effective use of forms be?

Frankly, I would save them for clan weapons (if you're going to join one). All of the blueprints you get from clans require a Forma to build, so if you want to try those out, you should probably save your Forma for now.

Forma are for basically prestiging weapons/warframes after you ma them out. Bear in mind that using a forma will reset that weapon/warframe to rank 0 after you use it, so you'll have to level it all over again. I haven't used a forma for that yet and I've got over 600 hours in this game: I enjoy changing to different weapons more than focusing on maxing out a single weapon over and over again, and besides, you can get a weapon/warframe really powerful ust using an orokin reactor/catalyst.

Frankly, I would save them for clan weapons (if you're going to join one). All of the blueprints you get from clans require a Forma to build, so if you want to try those out, you should probably save your Forma for now.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that. I've cleared almost all the weapons from clantech so my forma get dumped into my weapons and such.

Coconut

Banned
Tonight I was looking to run a dick load of tower missions t1-3 on lots of different mission types if anyone wants to join me around 5pm pacific my user name on steam is MatthewX5000.

Nyx Prime BP finally drops, people I'm with are saying they want to keep going, all switch to leave at the last second literally while I was neutral. Of course I try to click leave and the unresponsive UI makes me go ahead to the next part alone.

Really don't understand why majority rule does not kick in for that kind of situation to leave like it does to stay.

Either way crap like this puts a bad taste in my mouth. Think I'm done with WF for a good while cause this is not the first time.

edit: of course I try one more time and the game bugs again, this time vor does not spawn and ends up holding the match at 15, eventually the game simply kicks us and we get none of our wave complete rewards... yeah im done.

So I went to the "Tenno Live 2015" panel at PAX East, lots of neat stuff got announced (and we got little gift bags with a foam Glaive, Warframe playing cards, a bandanna, and a few platinum vouchers). Trying to remember all of it, but let's see...

- new frame, Chroma. Kind of looks like a dragon / seahorse. Apparently has different colored energy auras that change his playstyle. Focused a bit more on buffing and teamplay.

- The void is potentially going away; you'll use void keys on the normal planet high-end missions to get the loot that's normally hidden in the void. They don't like how much high end players just grind void endlessly; a lot of their content isn't getting played much

- dual swords for the anniversary in march, log in and you get them

- two "neutral" syndicates w/ characters are getting introduced. One is based out of the reworked multiplayer, where ranking up in MP gets you various exclusive loot. The other is some sort of new god-complex Cephalon who is part of the next major plotline

- charge-up melee strikes are apparently coming back.

- there'll be a new infested boss that's essentially an entire ship. It's probably not in one mission, but you'll have a series of missions where you fight it both from the inside on foot and from the outside with your arcwing. In the Q&A they revealed that merging on-foot and arcwing sections in a single mission is damn near impossible.

Any word on reworking mods?

They really need to reintroduce talent trees somehow to replace the same mod kits for everything. Serration and multishot in everything, etc. Put that stuff in specialized talent trees so we have mod points to specialize the guns with wacky gun mods. Same for the frames themselves.

Also, what ever happened to the stances thing? I recall Steve and them talking about meditating then going berserk for a while, or something like that, haha.

Nyx Prime BP finally drops, people I'm with are saying they want to keep going, all switch to leave at the last second literally while I was neutral. Of course I try to click leave and the unresponsive UI makes me go ahead to the next part alone.

Really don't understand why majority rule does not kick in for that kind of situation to leave like it does to stay.

Either way crap like this puts a bad taste in my mouth. Think I'm done with WF for a good while cause this is not the first time.

edit: of course I try one more time and the game bugs again, this time vor does not spawn and ends up holding the match at 15, eventually the game simply kicks us and we get none of our wave complete rewards... yeah im done.

Ouch. :/

Funnily enough both situations have happened to me as well at some point, though in the second one the game eventually fixed itself (the group i was in got a syndicate hit during a defense, killed all the enemies but the game still thinks one is still around and thus freezes the wave. Eventually it realized and did the effect that the hit is over and continued as normal with the other wave(s)).

ZhrHIRH.jpg

When it rains I guess.

Still the amount of time and bugs gone through to get this burned me out. @.@

sophora

http://i.imgur.com/ZhrHIRH.jpg
When it rains I guess.

Take a break, the grind to get prime gear is a tedious one but I think worth it. Warframe ain't going anywhere for a while with all these new updates from PAX East. Grats on the get.

ZhrHIRH.jpg

When it rains I guess.

PRAISE RNG GOD!!!

Seriously though congrats and yea you might want to take a break due to your ordeal.

Take a break, the grind to get prime gear is a tedious one but I think worth it. Warframe ain't going anywhere for a while with all these new updates from PAX East. Grats on the get.

Eh that issue they have with the void is making me kinda skeptical but we'll see

I was gone for the game for ~ a year, but got back into it pretty heavily over the last few weeks. How is the clan doing? Still active? Or has it died off a ton.

Let me say, I think the archwing additions are pretty amazing, even just from a graphical perspective if not so much from the gameplay perspective. It's also nice to see way more variety in tilesets compared to a year ago. Every single mission doesn't take place on a spaceship anymore!

I was gone for the game for ~ a year, but got back into it pretty heavily over the last few weeks. How is the clan doing? Still active? Or has it died off a ton.

Let me say, I think the archwing additions are pretty amazing, even just from a graphical perspective if not so much from the gameplay perspective. It's also nice to see way more variety in tilesets compared to a year ago. Every single mission doesn't take place on a spaceship anymore!

The backgrounds are cool and some of the enemies are alright but the scale difference between you an them is kinda huge to the point of being silly (especially those drones you usually fight on land as these small ospreys)

Played this after an agonizing 4 months of not having a PC capable of running anything beyond Plants vs Zombies.

Felt good, man.

I need to try out this archwing business.

Coconut

Banned
So the Latron prime is going away and its parts will no longer drop starting next week does anyone want to trade some stuff for the receiver, barrel and stock? It's the only gun I feel compelled to get. Please help.

So the Latron prime is going away and its parts will no longer drop starting next week does anyone want to trade some stuff for the receiver, barrel and stock? It's the only gun I feel compelled to get. Please help.

I think I have the whole set/extras of it. Toss me a pm in game @ valkerion77 if I'm on or just say when you will be on and we can try to meet up.

And lol, trade chat prices for the leaving items have exploded.

Coconut

Banned
Just read this and WTF?

what are they doing?

Yeah I'd like to know what the reasoning behind it is as well. I mean it's cool that it will change the meta economy a little but for those who don't invest a lot of time in the game or that have been fucked over by the RNGs it seems weird. Maybe some the vendor will start selling it sometimes?

Yeah I'd like to know what the reasoning behind it is as well. I mean it's cool that it will change the meta economy a little but for those who don't invest a lot of time in the game or that have been fucked over by the RNGs it seems weird. Maybe some the vendor will start selling it sometimes?

supposedly to help with drop table dilution? i dont know. Unless he reappears soon then this seems like a dumb idea tbh plus traders are gonna feast on this with the increased prices.

also the timing is kinda ridiculous, a week with such crazy news, really...sigh.

anyone have a frost bp and systems they wanna trade. :/

Iku-Turso

Played this after an agonizing 4 months of not having a PC capable of running anything beyond Plants vs Zombies.

Felt good, man.

I need to try out this archwing business.

Oh you're back ?

I came back to the game a few weeks ago too and while it feels good I think that I'm already burnt out... But it would maybe change if there were people in the clan to play with.

Oh and some Archwing missions freeze the game everytime I try to do them which is not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom