• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any recommended guides to follow for this? I've been getting the urge to give it another shot but it would nice to have an idea of what to do since the reason I originally dropped it was because the game was so overwhelming.

I can hook you up with Scorch. w/ Glitchesarecool, I'm on now.

Added you to friends :)

Are there any recommended guides to follow for this? I've been getting the urge to give it another shot but it would nice to have an idea of what to do since the reason I originally dropped it was because the game was so overwhelming.

Don't know of any guides, but I'm sure you could find a youtube explaining anything. Or there's always the handy dandy wiki!

Yeah, I'll probably have to do a bit more digging around if I'm sure not sure what to do. I'll give it another shot and hope that it grabs me this time.

sophora

Yeah, I'll probably have to do a bit more digging around if I'm sure not sure what to do. I'll give it another shot and hope that it grabs me this time.

I'd suggest doing the tutorial quest and learning basic movement and weapon mechanics. Once you've fully outfitted your ship with all the stuff from your tutorial quest, there should be a desk to the left of your navigation called the "Codex." It should give you some useful information regarding more game mechanics like mods and how to use them, it should give some solid foundation to understanding the game.

If you're totally new, I'd just suggest clearing out missions at each planet once and expanding your available missions map. Possibly set your matchmaking to public if you want random players joining you mid mission, but note that sometimes high level players will join and steamroll everything for you and speed run the mission, though there are high level players that are willing to tag along with you and help you complete difficult missions. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Basic game flow for me is:

1. Do I need new mods? Do I need to gather resources to build equipment? Do I just want to blow off steam and have some quick fun?
2. Look up any needed information like what mobs drop what enemies and where to find said enemies using the wiki
3. Go to locations and repeat missions till I get what I'm looking for

Start grinding that Dakra prime. Once it goes away, there isn't going to be a good single handed sword freely available. The next best thing is the Prisma Skana and that only rolls around occasionally.

On July 7 at 2 p.m. EDT, Mag Prime, Boar Prime and Dakra Prime will enter the Prime Vault. (aka: removed from the Void)

Also, log in now for some July 4th goodies. Color palette, Paris skin, and some fireworks.

I fucking Called it!!!!!!

but that still sucks :( , they need that drop table fix now

Luckily i have those already waiting (yes that includes an extra boar barrel i had to give to Steel Meridan).

LOLOLOLOLOL @ steel needing a Soma Barrel now

feels bad man :(

Reddaye

Banned
Poked my head into this game for the first time in two years...Jesus Christ there's a lot of changes. Ships? Hubs? Void traders? New melee system? Flowing scarfs? So much stuff.

Since Excalibur apparently just went through a rework, and my Excal Prime was never leveled, I guess I'll start with him and start working my way through the game again.

Do fresh frames generally just go through the quests like before to level, or are there more efficient methods that have been added?

I literally need to learn this entire game over again.

Do fresh frames generally just go through the quests like before to level, or are there more efficient methods that have been added?

I literally need to learn this entire game over again.

Your efficient methods will depend on how much of the map you've unlocked. Generally speaking though, Defense or Mobile Defense tend to offer the most XP in order to level.

Reddaye

Banned
Your efficient methods will depend on how much of the map you've unlocked. Generally speaking though, Defense or Mobile Defense tend to offer the most XP in order to level.

I wanna say I had gotten to Pluto, but it's been a while. So far enough in to have a full suite of mission types.

I wanna say I had gotten to Pluto, but it's been a while. So far enough in to have a full suite of mission types.

Oh man, you'll have all new Infested to contend with too. I was gonna suggest Sechura since that used to be the old farming ground, but it's gotten a lot tougher since they added the Mutalists.

Reddaye

Banned
Oh man, you'll have all new Infested to contend with too. I was gonna suggest Sechura since that used to be the old farming ground, but it's gotten a lot tougher since they added the Mutalists.

It's honestly almost a whole new game in general.

Pretty much why I'm starting with my lowest level frame. I think I stopped right as Nekros came out...so it's been a while lol.

sophora

If you have gotten to Pluto, should be good on most of the map. They've added a few new missions to a few planets but that's about it. Take it slow and feel free to ask around if you need help, it can be overwhelming at first.

Just want to remind everyone to not fall for the hype price scaplers on day one of this crazy ass prime drops, ESPECIALLY the Carrier BP. That's going for 20p, it's almost a common A rotation drop, don't pay a platinum more.

Got Ash and Carrier in the forge cooking away, farmed 'em!

03974bdd2d1b1ec909e8cb3ec3bae58d.png

It's been a very profitable prime update for me. Up 50 plat between trades. The only thing I need to get now is the Vectis parts.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
looking at playing the game can i join the gaf clan

ashley678 is name

Airan

I dunno why I put this off for so long (well, it's the weird Frame designs but I actually like them now), it's super fun! Nothing like coptering through the map :D

Can I get into the clan please? Feisra is my name.

Airan

^ Sent! Better enjoy the coptering before they remove it :p

Oh god what? Coptering is what's making the game shine for me. Nothing like zipping about super fast and making gigantic leaps over gaps. I mean it IS an abuse of the physics but I love finding shit like this in games and making it work for me :D

Well, I guess I shouldn't say "remove"... Scott said it's a glitch that became sort of a feature that everyone uses. Now they're trying to balance it properly for U17's Parkour 2.0 update haha.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Always room for more. ^ Sent!

Curse of joining the GAF clan?! There's some settings in the launcher you can fiddle with...

using steam version crashes before showing launcher. looking on steam it seems like an issue gonna reinstall game

Sooooo... Devs have been teasing some stuff on their Twitters.

Steve:

Caustics, depth distortion and... whale sounds?! Damn right-Archwing Submersible!

Red cape is rad cape. Jump to AimGlide makes sound collapse to a focus (filters/new glare fx).

Nasty rough work in progress for 'region-based' solar map - Tenno Cartographer concept

Rebecca:

Two GIFS of WIP Parkour - navigating some tiles using new movement combos (1) (2)

And a few more devbuild .gifs of WIP movement + melee + boom: (1) (2)

Okay last one I promise - I'm just having a ridiculous amount of fun - (1) - some more 'WIP Parkour 2.0' gifs!

Dem cloaks!

docbon

whew, this game is unrecognizable since i played it in beta.

it feels so good to play with the new movement mechanics.

VariantX

I normally play on console but I always pop in to play the PC version a bit every time theres a new Version update and the new parkour is a MUCH needed improvement. I'm starting to think of the game in 3 dimensions instead of thinking about going from point to point. Movement is almost seamless and the only issue I have is apparently if you move in a certain way from bullet jump and land you get stuck in an landing animation and you lose all your momentum you spent building up. Also totally forgot that grineer can use create deployable cover now and there are turrets in the map that can mow you down in an instant too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom