• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to try this game out, cuz why not.

But I can't play it.

Why are download speeds for updates so friggin' awful?

Downloads at max my internet speed whenever there's an update.

Aside, Trinity Butt Prime leaked.

gyi87cK.jpg

It looks SO much better.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
WHAT THE HELL TRIN PRIME NEEDS 9500 OXIUM!?@#

B6wJSTP.jpg

I decided to try this game out, cuz why not.

But I can't play it.

Why are download speeds for updates so friggin' awful?

The download speeds are probably trash because major patch just released, normally it's pretty normal but definitely a bit slow. Also if I remember right when you download the game you gotta download like an 8 gig patch which should include all updates.

How about that Cryotic cost? That's the part that's way worse. Oxium drops by the bucketload.

Meh I do excavation all the time so I'm set on that lol. Mostly to farm up T3 keys. Speaking of is there any non Defense 4th reward set way to get T4 keys... well a good one that anyone uses. Tired of doing defense for these things.

Dual Kamas of course needs 4 parts... did not think that through lol.

Edit: Found Trinity Systems while trying to get vectis parts. Not really interested in Trin at the moment so debating selling it. Or rainy day when I can get the rest.

Hopefully they appear a bit more frequently (or at least this week) since i'm fucking pissed the last piece didn't drop before it went away :/

If it was the receiver it had a 2% chance to drop. So be ready to keep running that.

Although hilariously for me, I dumped all the R5 cores I got from that into the Primed mod from Baro today. So that worked out very nicely.

If it was the receiver it had a 2% chance to drop. So be ready to keep running that.

Although hilariously for me, I dumped all the R5 cores I got from that into the Primed mod from Baro today. So that worked out very nicely.

Yea it was and WTF @ that percentage. Fucking bullshit of the highest order.

Also that primed mod was the only thing i was interested in this week since i already had the other 2 already lol

Anyone have an idea to increase GAF clan activity? I've bumped our recruit thread on the WF forums and even posted in the recruit channel a few times looking for new people.

Just can't seem to get anyone. :(

We've worked too hard to spiff out our Dojo (especially mmcareen) to let the clan die!

Here. I don't play warframe, so someone can have this code.

Warframe 7-day Credit and Affinity Booster Packs

Quote this post for the code. First come, first serve of course.

Inskipp

What's a good syndicate to join early on? I recently achieved mastery rank 3, and am tempted to join one. Am I able to join other syndicates later on, even if they are labeled "enemy" to certain syndicates?

I'd say go with whatever Syndicate has the most augments for your favorite frames.

You also gain 50% rep for a Syndicate that is allied with the one you pick.

I like to use this graph:

You can also gain rep in 4 Syndicates and be hated by 2. Like right now, I'm cool with Steel Meridian/Red Veil and Arbiters/Suda :)

I'd say go with whatever Syndicate has the most augments for your favorite frames.

You also gain 50% rep for a Syndicate that is allied with the one you pick.

I like to use this graph:

You can also gain rep in 4 Syndicates and be hated by 2. Like right now, I'm cool with Steel Meridian/Red Veil and Arbiters/Suda :)

IIRC there was a way to get 5 but thats was crazy micro managing.

That's also my picks but sadly i'm missing some desired mods for frames i really like such as Valkyr because they are offered by the syndicates that hate my guts :(

You can join any syndicate as along as your standing for them is not negative and if it is you will have to offer them specific items that will reset it.

The issue is that the stuff they want to reset is kinda valuable to you (orokin reactors and catalysts) and they will continue to build negative rep if you continue to side with a syndicate they hate.

One way to bypass most of the hassle is finding a few other members who are in the other syndicates and trade with them to get the stuff you want.

Hey I asked this over on the PS4 side but i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here. I got a Nova Prime blueprint. Are prime blueprints better than regular Warframes? And also do I need special blueprints to build this or can I use the normal blueprints to build this i.e. the helmet, systems blueprints

I am a noob. Just unlocked phobos and still working on Jupiter

Hey I asked this over on the PS4 side but i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here. I got a Nova Prime blueprint. Are prime blueprints better than regular Warframes? And also do I need special blueprints to build this or can I use the normal blueprints to build this i.e. the helmet, systems blueprints

I am a noob. Just unlocked phobos and still working on Jupiter

They will usually have some slightly better stats compared to the normal version but it's mostly the additional mod slot polarities and the look that sets them apart

You need special blueprints to build it which is basically the prime version of the helmet, chassis and systems (you'll see the format <Prime Warframe Name> Prime <Component> when they drop) along with the blueprint of the entire frame (which you already have)

The pieces are scattered in the void so you will have to run certain void missions (using void keys) and pray to the random number generator god hoping it will drop.

You can check the warframe wiki and see the drop locations for the pieces with the option to choose your platform.

KimChi

I am thinking of starting over on PC, used to play warframe on ps4 but the game could never stay at 60 fps when playing with other people or it at least felt like that to me and it just really annoyed me. Last I played, certain warframe abilities even crashed the game at times though that was like 8months ago lol.

I should be able to expect solid 60fps on PC with a gtx 970 right? I also remember hearing about platinum discounts exclusive to the pc version of warframe, are those still a thing now or are there any other platinum discounts I should wait for? Don't mind buying some plat in the beginning to get some extra slots for warframes and weapons. Also, is the gaf clan still active? I'm up for joining it if so.

^ You'll be fine with that video card. My old HD 5850 runs the game perfectly (minus motion blur and some things of course :p)

There are daily login rewards for a chance to get plat discount coupons, yes. There is a 75% off one, but it's super rare!

GAF clan is hanging on, but it's not as active as I wish it could be. But we do have a fully loaded Dojo :) Let me know if you want an invite!

KimChi

^ You'll be fine with that video card. My old HD 5850 runs the game perfectly (minus motion blur and some things of course :p)

There are daily login rewards for a chance to get plat discount coupons, yes. There is a 75% off one, but it's super rare!

GAF clan is hanging on, but it's not as active as I wish it could be. But we do have a fully loaded Dojo :) Let me know if you want an invite!

Awesome :) I'll get around to playing sometime this week.

Just started playng tonight, rather thn dropping $400 on a PS4 w/ Destiny.

I think I made the right decision thus far.

GAF Clan invite would be appreciated.

KimChi

Not sure if artist got my pm but I'll take a clan invite as well, ign is ABowlOfKimChi.

Had no idea they updated the movement, so much better now.

Arrrammis

Could I also get an invite to the clan? Coming back after a nearly year long break now that I've got a better computer.
Name is Arramos (same as Gaf)
Also, anyone who wants an extra friend for pretty much any tier of mission, shoot me an invite!

KimChi

Could I also get an invite to the clan? Coming back after a nearly year long break now that I've got a better computer.
Name is Arramos (same as Gaf)
Also, anyone who wants an extra friend for pretty much any tier of mission, shoot me an invite!

Sent you an invite :)

Arrrammis

Hah, I guess I forgot how much of a waiting game Warframe can be. I log in, "cool! Archwings!", do the missions, get all the parts and go to build them... 6 hours? Wow, OK then, not so bad I guess.

6 hours later

" Finally, got all the parts built, ready for my archwing!"
36 hour wait.
" F***!"

But really, I forgot how well the game runs and plays (might be the new movement system mostly). Only problem I run in to is that I end up soloing most content, the only time I've been matchmade with someone was in an alert. I'm seriously OP for the "starting missions", so it's not difficult, it's just tedius.

/yeah the dev team has been saying how they want to rework missions so people are playing a variety over a handful to help some of the match making annoyances. Not sure how they will change it but its been brought up a few times.

Also got all the trinity parts aside from the \bp... damn oxium requirement. \first time i will have to seriouslly farm in a long time

Arrrammis

Finally got the Daikyu bow, and I am disappointed. It does great damage, but it won't fire unless you charge it all the way! And since the charge rate is almost double that of the other bows (Paris/Dread), that makes it really hard to use. I put a max charge rate mod on it, but without the rapid fire arrows option that the other bows have, it feels really clunky and weak.

What's good for secondaries these days? I'm still using the dual Wraith Vipers from an old event, what is worth going for?

Yeah, I didn't care for the Daikyu. :\

Lex Prime got a nice buff a while back. Crits like a beast! And the Atomos is pretty savage when forma'd out (plus Ruinous Extension)!

Just a heads up to all 5 of you of in this thread and are actually in the NeoGAF clan, when U18 hits and clan downsizing becomes a thing, we're dropping to 30 members. Wish I never upgraded to Storm sized in the first place...

Sajjaja

Just a heads up to all 5 of you of in this thread and are actually in the NeoGAF clan, when U18 hits and clan downsizing becomes a thing, we're dropping to 30 members. Wish I never upgraded to Storm sized in the first place...

Haha. Yeah, it's quite big and random from what I remember. But I haven't played in months so there's that. Clan downsizing is what?

Menthuss

Haha. Yeah, it's quite big and random from what I remember. But I haven't played in months so there's that. Clan downsizing is what?

I'm guessing it involves removing members that haven't logged on in a very long time and subsequently changing the type of clan. I've had a look at the member list and I've seen loads of people who last logged on a year ago. Having a huge clan is only beneficial if it has a lot of active members that regularly contribute to research projects as clan size affects clan research requirements (i.e. smaller clans don't need to spend as much resources to research stuff).

What Menthuss said. We're currently at 54 members (only maybe 12 actually play regularly) in a Storm tier (100) clan. The new Wukong warframe's clan research is a major pain in the butt for such small amount of people trying to gather rare materials for a Storm clan sized research.

So, we'll downsize to a Shadow tier (30) clan once that become available and lessen the pain of clan research resource requirements. :)

Arrrammis

SECOND DREEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished the main quest line, and man, I am completely blown away. Tons of lore, tons of action, and lots of variety. This is seriously better stuff than the majority of AAA games out there. Plus, new daily challenges that can give awesome rewards and provide a challenge for higher level equipment and frames? Sign me up!

Anyways, still using crappy weapons to level them to boost my mastery rank (just rank 8 despite clearing pretty much every node- the old me basically leveled every weapon to 10 and if i didn't like it i dismantled it... ugh). Still, making good progress. I really hope this update helps bring some people in/back, but we'll see!

Hedge

Can you scan the sentient to start the Natah quest in the Dark Sector survival on Uranus?
Or does it have to be Grineer. I just can't seem to meet it.

Spazznid

So don't play any open party missions before doing the quest if you care about spoilers. I haven't done the quest, but I have seen people using something that kind of spoils part of it I think.

sophora

Completed the "Second Dream" questline, good stuff for Warframe lore. Expanded content in this update will keep me busy for a while, those Sorties are nothing to joke about.

Arrrammis

Completed the "Second Dream" questline, good stuff for Warframe lore. Expanded content in this update will keep me busy for a while, those Sorties are nothing to joke about.

It also gives some of the previous codex entries some context, and a lot of them gave me kind of awesome finally-made-the-connection moments. Rhino Prime, Ember Prime, and Excalibur especially.

It also gives some of the previous codex entries some context, and a lot of them gave me kind of awesome finally-made-the-connection moments. Rhino Prime, Ember Prime, and Excalibur especially.

And
Stalker himself

But man given this and the snippets from some of the synthesis targets it seems most the Orokin come off as high strung assholes tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom