• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still getting used to it but man this new movement stuff is fucking great. :O

effortlessly dodging and shit over new Tyl's rocket hands attacks as its about to hit was fucking glorious and i swore i even "enemy stepped" on the attack (comparing to stepping on him).

Also if you were interested in the lore that was there then that new quest should be right up your alley since some major revalations are popping off all over in that thing.

So I finally decided to give this game a try after hearing rave reviews from a few colleagues. Holy cow it's fun, but I still feel like I have no idea what is going on. I would love to join the GAF guild and my in-game name is Ferrouz. My most burning question is what do I do after defeating Vor? I spent my stater Plat on Warframe slots and am just going around doing random mission leveling my Loki atm.

sophora

So I finally decided to give this game a try after hearing rave reviews from a few colleagues. Holy cow it's fun, but I still feel like I have no idea what is going on. I would love to join the GAF guild and my in-game name is Ferrouz. My most burning question is what do I do after defeating Vor? I spent my stater Plat on Warframe slots and am just going around doing random mission leveling my Loki atm.

After completing the initial quest, I'd suggest clearing and expanding your map by completing the mission tiles. I'd suggest Earth. Take your time learning the game mechanics and feel free to look at your Codex (left desk in the upper part of your ship) for other useful information about the game.

Also take a look at the Market and see what weapons you would be interested in building. There are some weapons you can buy with credits but most of the time you will be looking at the Blueprints and building weapons from the resources you've gathered from enemies and various breakable containers.

Welcome aboard! Invite sent :)

I've been playing again for like, over 2 months, man!

I don't know when the last time is you've played but, there are tons of new stuff to get, player ships, tilesets, game modes, arch-wing, space dogs, and a recently redone parkour system... It will never fail to surprise me how much DE can put into this game in such a short amount of time.

Tried to use controller on this with the new update lol. If there was an always run option it would be fun imo, but pressing the stick in to run does not mesh with this game for me. Love the pace the new parkour system brings though, makes everything a bit more dynamic.

Anyway since I came back my main priority has been getting Carrier Prime, my second most wanted item after Saryn Prime, happy they finally added it! Now if only T3 Exterminate dropped anything other than Sicarus Barrel or Nyx Systems -.- AND THIS SHOTGUN UPDATE!!! Spent all that plat getting slots for collecting shotguns and now they are amazingly powerful. 7.5k Damage on Tigris with no forma geeze. Now I can use my favorite weapon Boar Prime without people complaining lol.

Tried to use controller on this with the new update lol. If there was an always run option it would be fun imo, but pressing the stick in to run does not mesh with this game for me. Love the pace the new parkour system brings though, makes everything a bit more dynamic.

Anyway since I came back my main priority has been getting Carrier Prime, my second most wanted item after Saryn Prime, happy they finally added it! Now if only T3 Exterminate dropped anything other than Sicarus Barrel or Nyx Systems -.- AND THIS SHOTGUN UPDATE!!! Spent all that plat getting slots for collecting shotguns and now they are amazingly powerful. 7.5k Damage on Tigris with no forma geeze. Now I can use my favorite weapon Boar Prime without people complaining lol.

Rebind? :)
Don't vendor those Nyx Prime Systems! Craft'em and sell for 50 ducats!
I've yet to try out my Boar Prime since the update... I should do that now...

I can't believe there's only one OT for this game.

Started playing today, and didn't expect the GAF community to be this small.

PC GAF hates F2P or something, I dunno. Didn't help this OT got thrown into Community really fast, either. GAF clan has always been small too. :\

Started playing this two days ago and was wondering if I could get an invite to the gaf clan. My in-game name is StorySoFar.

Invite sent!

Sajjaja

PC GAF hates F2P or something, I dunno. Didn't help this OT got thrown into Community really fast, either. GAF clan has always been small too. :\

I used to play like 2 months ago but I got burnt out. Didn't help I didn't know anyone who played lol. But yeah there just wasn't enough diversity I felt. I'll probably get back into it when they add more content, I stopped playing just after they removed Frost Prime from being obtainable.

Airan

You can set run to toggle mode. It'll only switch back to walking when you press the stick again or fire a shot. Makes things so much more comfortable especially when using a controller. Be warned, there's a bug right now that disables the ability menu when you sprint (you have to be walking to make it appear) when using a controller.

I really love the new tileset. Been taking some screenshots here and there...

DE5E986FD30AAD6E6BE4E1DF3577724468BED236

1FBE2720D2D4325A08ECF2FBF88310DC5B9DAB25

F4EEBB34B61CACB5260952E212D6FA20EE8E6E73

2B4F1C18E6966AC2CEA084B9D4CD74982B5F4D4E

Last one is my new wallpaper, hehe.

I can't get the blueprints for Frost, Chroma or Trinity because of this bug with Kril.

Won't attack or take damage so never gets to his frozen mode.

Very annoying.

Kril is just a terrible boss.

"Shoot him in the back until he does something", is what I say to people who are new to him.

Shoot what, and what are the triggers that activate his freezes, I have no idea. Some say the light on his back, others say his tubes.

Kril is just a terrible boss.

"Shoot him in the back until he does something", is what I say to people who are new to him.

Shoot what, and what are the triggers that activate his freezes, I have no idea. Some say the light on his back, others say his tubes.

It also took me 23 runs to get Saryn's systems blueprint.

It 's been a bad day for farming :p

Hyun Sai

What's up Artist !

I hear they done something good to Frost, true, false ? I honestly was pretty angry when they "fixed" the Avalanche bug, removing the only crowd control he had.

Coptering is gone too huh ?

It's been 2 years I quit, when I think of it...

It also took me 23 runs to get Saryn's systems blueprint.

It 's been a bad day for farming :p

Turn your desire sensor off!

What's up Artist !

I hear they done something good to Frost, true, false ? I honestly was pretty angry when they "fixed" the Avalanche bug, removing the only crowd control he had.

Coptering is gone too huh ?

It's been 2 years I quit, when I think of it...

Frost is amazing now! And yes, coptering is gone, but with the new parkour system we sure as heck don't need it!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I finally finished crafting my valkyr.

Oh my god though she's so mod dependent. I don't think I am gonna run blind range but I really do need life strike and a continuity, as well as a scindo prime.

Thankfully I already had rage, the aura mod, and armored agility.

But I'm kinda just using galatine with her for now but I have no stance mod which is frustrating since both galatine and valkyr aren't potatoed.

My only potatoed melee weapon is my nikana but it's not exactly good with valkyr as it's better to just load up the biggest hitting one I believe.

Also lol, it's kinda depressing how the PS4 OT has like 10 times as many posts.

Sajjaja

I finally finished crafting my valkyr.

Oh my god though she's so mod dependent. I don't think I am gonna run blind range but I really do need life strike and a continuity, as well as a scindo prime.

Thankfully I already had rage, the aura mod, and armored agility.

But I'm kinda just using galatine with her for now but I have no stance mod which is frustrating since both galatine and valkyr aren't potatoed.

My only potatoed melee weapon is my nikana but it's not exactly good with valkyr as it's better to just load up the biggest hitting one I believe.

Also lol, it's kinda depressing how the PS4 OT has like 10 times as many posts.

Galatine? Bruh pls.... Dual Zoren's are fantastic on her. I just keep proccing her Berserk and I don't die. Like ever.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Galatine? Bruh pls.... Dual Zoren's are fantastic on her. I just keep proccing her Berserk and I don't die. Like ever.

I don't actually have a berserker mod ;(

I never thought to use dual wielding melee weapons since hysteria scales off base damage and not attack speed and that's mainly what I'm built around since I still don't have life strike or any other way to survive.

I started using Jet Kitty last night on her instead of Galatine and IT WAS INCREDIBLE
Literally spin to win.

Reese-015

Ever since this game came out, I've been jumping in every 6 months or so to just try it out and then I'd give up on it after about an hour, feeling intrigued but also feeling like it didn't quite pull me in enough.

For some reason, this time, it got me and it clicked with me. This shit is good. I'm having a lot of fun with it, the fluid combat and movement is awesome and goddamn I love the art style and all the fx the engine throws at you.

Effect

Finally got this game running. I had to uninstall it on steam and then reinstall it because it wouldn't patch. Kept kicking back and error. A lot seems to have changed from when I first tried it out. Liking the new ship they give you. Really liking how the game looks and feels. I might actually buy some platinum for the first time in a free to play game while I have this discount active.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Finally got this game running. I had to uninstall it on steam and then reinstall it because it wouldn't patch. Kept kicking back and error. A lot seems to have changed from when I first tried it out. Liking the new ship they give you. Really liking how the game looks and feels. I might actually buy some platinum for the first time in a free to play game while I have this discount active.

If you buy 1000 platinum while you have the 75 off discount it only runs you 12.5 dollars and you'll likely never need to buy plat again if you use it right, or at least not for a long while.

Looks like Ember, Glaive, and Sicarus (YAY!!!!! no more barrels!) are hitting the vault next week.

Also damn Tengu Helmet alert finally popped up, and of course I was mowing the lawn then....

Hedge

Didn't expect that look on Trin to be honest. Less regal than I thought. And it's odd she's black. But ah well, I can colour her.

Looks cool, wonder what the weapons will be coming with her? My guess is a shotgun (yay) since we are seemingly overdue and the rework they got maybe bumped the priority on them.

But looks like we will be getting Atlas tonight, Arcwing rework possibly, pre-corpus valkyr, and a few other things. Hope this one is a bit less hassle to get than the last few new frames.

Looks cool, wonder what the weapons will be coming with her? My guess is a shotgun (yay) since we are seemingly overdue and the rework they got maybe bumped the priority on them.

But looks like we will be getting Atlas tonight, Arcwing rework possibly, pre-corpus valkyr, and a few other things. Hope this one is a bit less hassle to get than the last few new frames.

Supposedly one of them was Nikana Prime but i'm not sure if that was debunked or not

sophora

Anyone know what this is? I've never seen it.

My load screen back to the liset "glitched" then this message appeared.

Happened after I failed MR19 test :p

EDIT: Looks like it's a teaser for upcoming updates, some people have been seeing it on mission starts or completes. Text reads:

VOID-LINK SEVERED

REASON FOREIGN CARRIER DETECTED. ORIGIN UNKNOWN. SUSPECTION TRAPPING SIGNAL.

REINITIATING DIPOLAR CONNECTION IN NOVEL CARRIER. BIO IN STANDBY FOR CHECK AND SYNC

MOTION COMPENSATION COMPLETE

SELENIC LENSING LOCKED.

SOMATIC CONTROL ESTABLISHED.

MARGULIS IMPLANTATION INTACT.

evn STATUS NOMINAL

WAR PLATFORM AWAITING SYNC.
INITIALIZING SOMATIC OVERLAY...

With a second version of the same message but with an additional sentence reading "Good night, sweet angel."

jett

D-Member
I decided to try this game out, cuz why not.

But I can't play it.

Why are download speeds for updates so friggin' awful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom