• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say, The Second Dream was pretty sweet. Practically turned into Mass Effect at the end of the quest. Though the third stage of the sorties seem to be all 20-wave defense missions, which are unnecessarily gruelling, and with even a semi-decent squad makeup with crowd control, if the whole team is actually doing their job, the thing you're protecting generally won't be even touched for entire waves. We get it, it's hard, we don't need to spend an hour on it, ten waves is fine.

And
Stalker himself

But man given this and the snippets from some of the synthesis targets it seems most the Orokin come off as high strung assholes tbh.

Quite frankly, from what we know and what Orokin tech actually does (aka fucking invasive mind control), the Orokin were basically Orwellian control freaks who created the Grineer entirely as an expendable slave labor force with no rights, only to get demolished by losing control of their own creations. No wonder the Tenno eventually got fed up and slaughtered them.

Holy crap. I finally had a chance to play The Second Dream. I was not expecting that!

And hats off to DE. The music and cinematics were fantastic. Also, dat lore!

Sajjaja

Oh for fucks sake I think my account was hacked. At least 600 platinum is missing. I was in a random clan as the clan leader and the only person in it....

Wtf do I do...

Hedge

Can you play the entire Second Dream as a party? I've read a few mechanics that I can't figure out how works if you're in a party.

KimChi

Can you play the entire Second Dream as a party? I've read a few mechanics that I can't figure out how works if you're in a party.

You can play some of the beginning parts of second dream in a squad, the last part of the quest is the only one that forces you to solo, which makes sense if/when you have completed it.
What mechanics are you talking about?

Hedge

You can play some of the beginning parts of second dream in a squad, the last quest is the only one that forces you to solo, which makes sense if/when you have completed it.
What mechanics are you talking about?

Well..
I'm not sure, but I read something about fighting Stalker 2.0 with some kind of energy blast and carrying your operator - which would sound a bit easy if played in a party.

KimChi

Well..
I'm not sure, but I read something about fighting Stalker 2.0 with some kind of energy blast and carrying your operator - which would sound a bit easy if played in a party.

oh well for that part
you can't die
so nothing to worry about.

edit:plus where that part takes place would make no sense if you were in a group, you'll see what I mean when you get to it.

NB: Post contains a slight spoiler from the Second Dream Quest so stay away

Fought
Nu-Stalker in a normal mission
and got wrecked (made a small mistake with Loki) :/

Gonna take some time getting used to
his new shit

Arrrammis

NB: Post contains a slight spoiler from the Second Dream Quest so stay away

Fought
Nu-Stalker in a normal mission
and got wrecked (made a small mistake with Loki) :/

Gonna take some time getting used to
his new shit

Agreed. (more spoilers from second dream and Natah quests)
I ran into him in a group doing a random mission, and I really like him now. Before, Once you got to a certain level, it seemed like he was a joke, mostly- everytime he appeared whatever group I was with just wrecked him before he could even stand up. Now, he has the sentient's damage resistance abilities (carry different weapon damage types!), as well as Excalibur's exalted blade and possibly some other abilities that I'm forgetting. I wonder if they'll eventually do something similar with the Zanuka hunter...

So I tried to make a Steam backup of Warframe so I could transfer it to my new laptop instead of redownloading it and it failed because some files couldn't verify. So I ran the verify files thing and 130 files failed and wants to download... Pretty much wants to redownload the entire game (7.5GB). Bluuuuh!

I have an inkling feeling it's going to download an old version of WF then I'll have to update it all over again through the launcher...

Sajjaja

So I tried to make a Steam backup of Warframe so I could transfer it to my new laptop instead of redownloading it and it failed because some files couldn't verify. So I ran the verify files thing and 130 files failed and wants to download... Pretty much wants to redownload the entire game (7.5GB). Bluuuuh!

I have an inkling feeling it's going to download an old version of WF then I'll have to update it all over again through the launcher...

lol shieet.

PS: can I get an invite into the clan? Sajjaja.

Raxum

Game's pretty confusing when you come back after a pretty long break

Definitely agree with this, have been trying to get myself back into it since U18 but I just can't find the groove. Though I am loving the new movement system (I haven't played since well before it was updated), I'm just struggling to find where to start off. I guess I just gotta set a goal and work towards it.

Ah man, that sucks. I gotta admit I find myself wishing they'd integrate with steam a little more. Let steam handle the updates for the steam version, maybe even link your warframe and steam accounts to skip the login screen. It would probably resolve the backup thing as well.

Arrrammis

Hey, does anyone have an extra Loki Prime blueprint? I tried farming for it, but I ran out of keys. I've got a variety of things to trade.

Arrrammis

I'm preeeetty sure I have a one! If you have an Ash Prime or Vectis Prime BP, I'd love you forever.
I don't, sorry. What's your in-game name?
Mine is the same as Gaf, so if you see me online shoot me a message! I don't have either of those blueprints, but I have plenty of Loki Prime helmets and Rhino Prime systems from several attempts earlier today to try for Frost Prime. I also have some older stuff that might not be around anymore, I'm not sure (Reaper handle, Boar Prime stock, Bronco Prime receiver, some others) if you're interested in those.

KimChi

If you guys want some easy plat, might be worth selling any lens you get from sortie's cause i just sold one for 70 plat.

Agreed. (more spoilers from second dream and Natah quests)
I ran into him in a group doing a random mission, and I really like him now. Before, Once you got to a certain level, it seemed like he was a joke, mostly- everytime he appeared whatever group I was with just wrecked him before he could even stand up. Now, he has the sentient's damage resistance abilities (carry different weapon damage types!), as well as Excalibur's exalted blade and possibly some other abilities that I'm forgetting. I wonder if they'll eventually do something similar with the Zanuka hunter...

I didn't even realize he had the sentient abilities and he also has his own codex scans so i will be looking out for him in the future. As for Zanuka Hunter im not sure what could be done as Alad might need more warframes and he has been toned down a bit on that attitude. Unless it gets some infested based upgrades or he just sticks more corpus tech on.

If you guys want some easy plat, might be worth selling any lens you get from sortie's cause i just sold one for 70 plat.

Yea they have been going for a decent amount since release.

Archwing parts (after getting Odonata) farming is the fucking worst, holy shit

Alienups

A clan member gave me a Loki Prime part that i still needed but i cant find it anywhere. It was the first time i traded something so do i need to do something else or was there a mistake or glitch of some kind ?

KimChi

A clan member gave me a Loki Prime part that i still needed but i cant find it anywhere. It was the first time i traded something so do i need to do something else or was there a mistake or glitch of some kind ?
did you check your inventory? should see it under the prime tab.

Sounds like the time Tempo Royale and Astral Twilight mods tumbled in price since they were available at the Void Trader
yea...would be nice if at least for lens the sortie reward didn't have the greater lens BP and gave the actual lens. Would be so pissed if I got a greater lens BP especially when you can buy the BP in the market -__-(knowing my luck i'll probably get one today for complaining about it Lol)

So i'm getting back into Warframe after being out for months, man this game just keeps changing and changing.

How the heck do people generally trade stuff anyway? The trade channel in-game is a never-ending deluge that's impossible to parse. Is there any sort of auction-system or barter house in place now? Or is it still "try to find someone selling what you want, go to their dojo, hope for the best"?

KimChi

So i'm getting back into Warframe after being out for months, man this game just keeps changing and changing.

How the heck do people generally trade stuff anyway? The trade channel in-game is a never-ending deluge that's impossible to parse. Is there any sort of auction-system or barter house in place now? Or is it still "try to find someone selling what you want, go to their dojo, hope for the best"?
You can still do that like before or just use warframe.market. I've used it to sell and buy a couple things with no hassle. Only problem is lately the site has been just really slow or its my browser.

Alienups

did you check your inventory? should see it under the prime tab.

Have a chassis blueprint left after building one so i got one of those instead of a system blueprint . I should have paid more attention during the trade.

I dont recall who exactly traded it to me but if you want it back hmu.

Well they just added Maroo's Bazzar to the game in Update 18.

IIRC it's where you can peddle your wares with other people and from talking with someone who uses the trading chat (and other places) a bunch this new place sounds serviceable so far

grendelrt

Is the neogaf clan still active? I am actually a founder but just getting back in the game. If someone could send me an invite I would appreciate it, Grendelrt.

Is the neogaf clan still active? I am actually a founder but just getting back in the game. If someone could send me an invite I would appreciate it, Grendelrt.

It has actually been really active ever since U18 and after downsizing the clan! Invite sent!

Also, cyldman and Sajjaja, check your Communications for your clan invite too!

grendelrt

It has actually been really active ever since U18 and after downsizing the clan! Invite sent!

Also, cyldman and Sajjaja, check your Communications for your clan invite too!

Thanks! Ill grab it next time I am on. Game has changed so much, just playing the opening stuff now.

Thanks! Ill grab it next time I am on. Game has changed so much, just playing the opening stuff now.

Yeah, I got out right before the movement revamp, and am getting back in over the last week or so. Lots, lots, lots of changes. I do like how there's always something to do now on various tracks (factions, plot quests, etc) and not just alerts and the occasional event.

My friend actually just started playing for the first time this last week, in comparison, and is *completely* lost. Apparently the new intro and tutorial don't really set you up with a good idea of what on earth to do once the intro stuff ends. He also almost quit the game because he chose a bow to start and hated every second of it. Once he switched to a gun and started to get the hang of melee he's coming around to it.

Sajjaja

Yeah, I got out right before the movement revamp, and am getting back in over the last week or so. Lots, lots, lots of changes. I do like how there's always something to do now on various tracks (factions, plot quests, etc) and not just alerts and the occasional event.

My friend actually just started playing for the first time this last week, in comparison, and is *completely* lost. Apparently the new intro and tutorial don't really set you up with a good idea of what on earth to do once the intro stuff ends. He also almost quit the game because he chose a bow to start and hated every second of it. Once he switched to a gun and started to get the hang of melee he's coming around to it.

Paris Prime is so fun to use though.

It's been a while since I played. I stopped when Chroma and PVP was introduced and I have no idea what to do anymore lol.

Oh, I also got (rightly) booted from the clan when I went away from the game for a few months; is there a chance I could get back in if there's still space? Warframe nick is the same as my nick here.

Maxxed out all of my prior frames, so decided to give Atlas who finished off in the foundry last night a whirl while I hunt for a more parts for Ivara, Ember, and Mesa.

Okay, Atlas is hilarious. Is there strategy beyond "press 1, then press 1 again, and then when you're done with that, press 1. Then consider pressing 1. Then you might want to press 1. If necessary, press 1."

Is Mesa still considered the most annoying frame to farm? Or have they changed the tables and drop locations to make some other frame even more annoying? I've already got Vauban, who was super-annoying back in the day. I *hate* Spy missions, so the Ivara hunt is getting kind of annoying as well.

Maxxed out all of my prior frames, so decided to give Atlas who finished off in the foundry last night a whirl while I hunt for a more parts for Ivara, Ember, and Mesa.

Okay, Atlas is hilarious. Is there strategy beyond "press 1, then press 1 again, and then when you're done with that, press 1. Then consider pressing 1. Then you might want to press 1. If necessary, press 1."

Is Mesa still considered the most annoying frame to farm? Or have they changed the tables and drop locations to make some other frame even more annoying? I've already got Vauban, who was super-annoying back in the day. I *hate* Spy missions, so the Ivara hunt is getting kind of annoying as well.

As for Atlas spamming one is the usual tactic IIRC but also some will just use his rumblers (and laugh since them beating up enemies or throwing rocks at them is fucking hilarious).

The way to get her is the same and apparently the drop table itself is still annoying but they have increased the frequency of getting those Mutalist Alad V Nav coordinates (they pop up a lot more in invasions now and derelict defense can also drop them as a rotation reward) so you can create those keys quicker. Also people usually do keyshare runs so you have up to 4 chances (one key for each squad member) at least to get the parts needed.

But with that she is no longer the most annoying and it has now moved to Wukong. That's because he's a dojo frame that needs a new resource DE recently added to research his pieces and that resource IS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH ALERTS. If you are large clan you are boned even more due to the resource requirement scaling so you have to hope that your members are active enough to also contribute and get it done.

Get a Loki (normal or prime) and Spy is as good as done (especially Grinner spy since their hacking game is pretty trivial). :p

KimChi

I'd say loki makes corpus spy even more trivial with decoy+switch teleport for the lasers and you arent forced to hack a few terminals to get to the vault like with grineer. Though if there are shortcuts in the high level grineer spy then i didn't know about em. I just ran corpus spy missions for Ivara and eventually learned the shortcuts that bypass all the terminal hacking by exploring a bit.

I'd say loki makes corpus spy even more trivial with decoy+switch teleport for the lasers and you arent forced to hack a few terminals to get to the vault like with grineer. Though if there are shortcuts in the high level grineer spy then i didn't know about em. I just ran corpus spy missions for Ivara and eventually learned the shortcuts that bypass all the terminal hacking by exploring a bit.

Even though the corpus shortcuts are a bit more pronounced you will still have to deal with their hacking game eventually which can be annoying as shit (the high level ones).

The Grineer's version is practically brain dead by comparison

Plus you have to do i bit more work for the moving lasers tileset (try to reach the room to turn it off)

KimChi

Even though the corpus shortcuts are a bit more pronounced you will still have to deal with their hacking game eventually which can be annoying as shit (the high level ones).

The Grineer's version is practically brain dead by comparison

Plus you have to do i bit more work for the moving lasers tileset (try to reach the room to turn it off)

I found both grineer and corpus hacking game pretty easy, though that's just me can't speak for anyone else. I just prefer dealing with corpus since I can get through that faster.

That room with the moving lasers can be bypassed without turning the lasers off actually. There is a vent near the door to the vault you can go through that takes you pass the door to the top of that room with the vault. You do have to navigate the first two sets of lasers but then you can shoot that vent, decoy+switch tele or just navigate through that last set of lasers if confident enough.

I found both grineer and corpus hacking game pretty easy, though that's just me can't speak for anyone else. I just prefer dealing with corpus since I can get through that faster.

That room with the moving lasers can be bypassed without turning the lasers off actually. There is a vent near the door to the vault you can go through that takes you pass the door to the top of that room with the vault. You do have to navigate the first two sets of lasers but then you can shoot that vent, decoy+switch tele or just navigate through that last set of lasers if confident enough.

Wait what?

As in the vent where you can directly see the door to deactivate the lasers at the other end from where you are looking (can use a decoy to open the door then switch teleport)?

Or the Vent where you are directly looking at the vault door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom