• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimChi

So the first one then :p

Hmmm i could have sworn it was a dead end when i tried it once before, maybe i was confusing it for some other vent .

I'll have to try this the next time.

I think the dead end vent is the one facing the door.

I just tried soloing t4 intercept with ivara after seeing someone make a video of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UdGW2-0c6o
Works pretty well though I only went up to 8 waves since I still gotta study for my finals lol. Only thing I did differently was use prowl and just roll my way to each capture point too lazy to bother shooting my own sentinel with cloak arrow. I should've tried using navigator+stealth arrow to make that easier now that i think about it lol.

edit: Nezha parts are sortie rewards... :(

I'm still trying to figure out if I really dig Ivara's visual design because I just think it's a neat design, or if I dig Ivara because it reminds me of the Geth from Mass Effect.

Or maybe' i'm just recovering from "CHECK MY NECK" Atlas and the thoroughly "meh" design of Wukong.

Arrrammis

DE: New Warframe available now!
Me: HOORAY!
DE: The parts are now available from this Sortie rotation, we changed the rotation two days early so you could get a head start!
Me: HOO- wait, what?

Welp. So much for having a new frame to grind for.

Edit: tried the final Sortie (Spy with elemental resistance enemies) with randoms... *facedesk*. I'm not good at them myself, but so many people think they can just run in to the vault with assault rifles, shoot at everything, run through lasers, and get to the console in time to hack it before the data is destroyed. I ended up solo'ing it with my Loki, got the first two with no alarms, triggered the alarm on the last one and got it with <1 second on the timer... wow. No kills, no shooting. My Loki is officially Batman.

Edit 2: Apparently they reset the Sortie since some people didn't get to do it on the new rotation, so my second time doing it today got me the Nehza chassis.

DE: New Warframe available now!
Me: HOORAY!
DE: The parts are now available from this Sortie rotation, we changed the rotation two days early so you could get a head start!
Me: HOO- wait, what?

Welp. So much for having a new frame to grind for.

Edit: tried the final Sortie (Spy with elemental resistance enemies) with randoms... *facedesk*. I'm not good at them myself, but so many people think they can just run in to the vault with assault rifles, shoot at everything, run through lasers, and get to the console in time to hack it before the data is destroyed. I ended up solo'ing it with my Loki, got the first two with no alarms, triggered the alarm on the last one and got it with <1 second on the timer... wow. No kills, no shooting. My Loki is officially Batman.

Seems Nezha is bringing stiff competition for the most annoying grind frame award

A fucking sortie reward? Are you kidding me?

Also unless you know your squad very well NEVER do spy with pugs (IMO).

Same with syndicate medallion hunting as well

Alienups

Hmm, trying to buy the Frost Prime chassis but i have no idea what pricerange it's in and neither do any of the 3 people that pm'd me it seems.

Arrrammis

Is anyone else still trying to grind for Frost Prime? Every time I get online and ask (I do it a lot, many of you have seen), I feel like nobody else is really interested. I just need the helmet and chassis, and would like to avoid spending platinum if I could.

Is anyone else still trying to grind for Frost Prime? Every time I get online and ask (I do it a lot, many of you have seen), I feel like nobody else is really interested. I just need the helmet and chassis, and would like to avoid spending platinum if I could.

I would help you out if i could but i'm currently at work and also not sure how the timing could play out.

KimChi

I can help you, I have my last final today then I can finally relax with winter break. Likely will be on around 6-7hours from now though for today.

grendelrt

I would like to, I have the blue print but no parts. I am on the east coast and usually play later at night, same name in game.

Just saw a notice that warframe.market is moving to a new server today. So hopefully they are moving it off the toaster or whatever they are running it off now to something with just a *bit* more oomph.

This vent.
http://imgur.com/dzNxcwG

couldn't get the image to show in preview.

I think the dead end vent is the one facing the door.

checked this out finally and

wee-bey-gif

now this particular instance of that room is solved and utterly broken by Loki. :p

thanks for that :D

Total Warframe n00b question; is there any other reasonable acquisition method for getting the Excalibur Proto skin than buying for 150 plat?

it doesnt drop from anywhere? seems like it would be hard to get 150 plat (just started playing)!

Total Warframe n00b question; is there any other reasonable acquisition method for getting the Excalibur Proto skin than buying for 150 plat?

it doesnt drop from anywhere? seems like it would be hard to get 150 plat (just started playing)!

Nope.

That goes for all those special skins (Proto-Glaive, Nemesis Nyx, etc).

Actually that skin was a "limited time offer" that would appear sporadically until DE recently decided to just have it and the other special skins in the market permanently.'

So you gotta get some plat and the best way to get those without having to pay is to have items that other users would like to buy. The main issue with that is unless you are really lucky with the rng drop table it's gonna take some time to acquire those things.

Nope.

That goes for all those special skins (Proto-Glaive, Nemesis Nyx, etc).

Actually that skin was a "limited time offer" that would appear sporadically until DE recently decided to just have it and the other special skins in the market permanently.'

So you gotta get some plat and the best way to get those without having to pay is to have items that other users would like to buy. The main issue with that is unless you are really lucky with the rng drop table it's gonna take some time to acquire those things.

Ahh I gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. Nice of them to make it a permanent option! Now I have a goal to aim for, hehe^_^

KimChi

checked this out finally and

now this particular instance of that room is solved and utterly broken by Loki. :p

thanks for that :D
np, glad to help :D

Earning plat can be pretty hard especially starting out. Also with your starting 50 plat you might wanna consider using it to get more weapon slots or warframe slots.

Since you are just starting out, I'd just focus leveling up weapons and frames for now to increase your mastery rank. Maybe look up some videos on the different frames for one you might want. For weapons, i'd suggest to go for the tonkor, soma(soma prime later), boltor, and sonicor to make void and vault runs a little easier.

Do void for prime weapons and frames, here is the drop list:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/486215-prime-gear-drop-locations/

Vault runs give corrupted mods that usually sell for roughly 5-15plat each. You need a full group equipped with dragon keys to do them, you can get the blueprint for the keys in the market somewhere. Usually can find a group in the recruit chat, and its handy to at least make 1-2 or each key.

warframe.market must have completed it's server upgrade, and changed the database in the process, because it actually loads really fast now! They've updated the list of listing and how that works too.

Shengar

So where's the best place to grind for Oberon's blueprints?

Also should I buy the premium pack on Steam? I really like the game and would like to give DE some money but I'm afraid if it'll make me lazy.

So where's the best place to grind for Oberon's blueprints?

Also should I buy the premium pack on Steam? I really like the game and would like to give DE some money but I'm afraid if it'll make me lazy.

if you can handle the high level enemies then go to the Draco node on Planet Ceres.

A bunch of eximus units (they are the ones that will drop the parts) will spawn during in a 4 round game of interception.

Bonus points for it giving a decent amount of xp to level your equipment (weapons, frames, sentinels, etc) and it usually will have other users running it since they are trying to level their equipment.

If rng god is working in your favor you can get at least one piece or 2 different pieces in a run or if he really likes you then all 3 pieces could drop in a run.

After getting them its just buying the bp for the entire frame in the marketplace , building the pieces then build the frame itself.

As for the packs on steam i personally and honestly feel they are a waste of money plus they hardly go down in price.

Better to buy from DE's own marketplace (which can be done through steam) mainly because you can get discount vouchers (which last up to 2 days iirc) as login rewards and they go as high as 75% off.

Note: it's best to only buy when you have one of those codes since the prices are garbage otherwise.

Other users might have better reasons for otherwise though

tomedo

Anyone have a referral link? Im starting new PC account (my old seems to be deleted). Or is the referral system even active anymore?

I have so many things I need massive amounts of credits for. Mods, Syndicates, Baro, crafting, etc...

But I feel like the only good way to earn credits fast is by doing the same quick missions over and over again, and it's really starting to drag me down.

Endless credit grind blues :'(

Spazznid

I have so many things I need massive amounts of credits for. Mods, Syndicates, Baro, crafting, etc...

But I feel like the only good way to earn credits fast is by doing the same quick missions over and over again, and it's really starting to drag me down.

Endless credit grind blues :'(

If you find the game fun to play, just do some defense with friends. Go for as long as you like or can.

Shengar

if you can handle the high level enemies then go to the Draco node on Planet Ceres.

A bunch of eximus units (they are the ones that will drop the parts) will spawn during in a 4 round game of interception.

Bonus points for it giving a decent amount of xp to level your equipment (weapons, frames, sentinels, etc) and it usually will have other users running it since they are trying to level their equipment.

If rng god is working in your favor you can get at least one piece or 2 different pieces in a run or if he really likes you then all 3 pieces could drop in a run.

After getting them its just buying the bp for the entire frame in the marketplace , building the pieces then build the frame itself.
I just started out two weeks ago and since I'm already struggling on Sedna I don't think I'm ready for Draco lol

But RNG grace me with the necessary components for Oberon, when I'm not actively looking for them. Currently it being build alongside Rhino and Valkyr. Excalibur is great (Exalted Blade too OP) but I'm kinda tired seeing his ass for 30 hours of play.

As for the packs on steam i personally and honestly feel they are a waste of money plus they hardly go down in price.

Better to buy from DE's own marketplace (which can be done through steam) mainly because you can get discount vouchers (which last up to 2 days iirc) as login rewards and they go as high as 75% off.

Note: it's best to only buy when you have one of those codes since the prices are garbage otherwise.

Other users might have better reasons for otherwise though
I brought them up because I can buy them with Steam wallet at reasonable price. The thing is, with my store region default pricing the Lightning Pack after 50% discount and straight conversion costed around $23. At the Platinum Store I need to paid them in straight dollars which mean it'll cost me much more in the end. Then there's the fact that I don't have credit card....until I found that I can paid it via Steam Wallet. That's great but after deliberate calculation the pack that have greater value is 4300 and 2100 one. I'll wait 75% platinum discount daily reward for that lol.

Get home from NYE festivities, figure i'd check in on Warframe real quick...

.. and my login rewards is the mythical 75% off platinum. Happy 2016 indeed.

So after having an account for two and a half years I decided to get into this. Flash forward to one week later..30 dollars spent,100 hours in game time. This game is good. The PSO sequel I always wanted. Beat the second dream and I'm sticking to Excalibur. Such a fun Warframe to play. Using Tipedo and broken war. Building towards Blind and Exalted blade.

Arkhanor

Goddammit! I've stopped playing warframe many months ago and today I've decided to download and play it again. Turns out my account was banned until 2035 for "violating the end user agreement" and I don't know how the hell that happened! I'm sending a ticket but I have no hope to get my account back. I hate these automatic banning systems.

Goddammit! I've stopped playing warframe many months ago and today I've decided to download and play it again. Turns out my account was banned until 2035 for "violating the end user agreement" and I don't know how the hell that happened! I'm sending a ticket but I have no hope to get my account back. I hate these automatic banning systems.

My friend had the same issue but support was helpful and he was unbanned..

mcz117chief

So I reinstalled this...My login bonus was -75% plat, ha. Of course.

Is there a GAF clan still?

Those are the best, even buying the smallest packs you can rack up a crazy amount of plat for almost nothing. I remember there was a sale AND I got a -75% discount, I then proceeded to buy a $50 for like $8 or something, wicked. That is what I always admired about this game, if you can wait for those -75% discounts you can buy anything for almost nothing, especially now since we have trading with players. Are you missing a prime piece? No problem, give some poor sod who is running towers 24/7 5 pieces of plat which costs nothing especially if you got 'em with a -75% discount and you are set, bam, just like that skipped a ton of grind and disappointing rewards for a few cents. Gotta love the economy in this game, probably the best I have ever seen in a f2p game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Those are the best, even buying the smallest packs you can rack up a crazy amount of plat for almost nothing. I remember there was a sale AND I got a -75% discount, I then proceeded to buy a $50 for like $8 or something, wicked. That is what I always admired about this game, if you can wait for those -75% discounts you can buy anything for almost nothing, especially now since we have trading with players. Are you missing a prime piece? No problem, give some poor sod who is running towers 24/7 5 pieces of plat which costs nothing especially if you got 'em with a -75% discount and you are set, bam, just like that skipped a ton of grind and disappointing rewards for a few cents. Gotta love the economy in this game, probably the best I have ever seen in a f2p game.

Yeah, I went around and just bought the max. Why not, right? Hah.

But really, having this much plat means I can literally buy anything I want. I had like 1200 leftover plat from Nova Prime pack I bought a long time ago. The F2P mechanics in this game are really well balanced in such a way that it's not P2W.

Welcome back dude

Yeah, I went around and just bought the max. Why not, right? Hah.

But really, having this much plat means I can literally buy anything I want. I had like 1200 leftover plat from Nova Prime pack I bought a long time ago. The F2P mechanics in this game are really well balanced in such a way that it's not P2W.

Just buy the Wukong and Nehza frames since the grind for them is pretty ridiculous. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom