• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazznid

Seriously? and you had been logging in in regularly?

that's mind blowning :O

I'm an Alpha vet, and been logging in pretty regularly.

At first they dropped all the time for me. But then I went for over a year not ever getting even a 50% off.

I got two 75% off in the last few months, and a 50% off as well, though so I dunno.

With the new system, I've gotten nothing but useless materials after 30 days of logins... I thought every so often, like every 10 or so, you were supposed to get some good stuff...

Cyldman

Banned
I'm trying to understand this game really hard, i'm lvl 11 but I have no idea what im doing.

I have mag and I just learned how to put mods on my weapons and stuff.
Basically the quests are easy as hell.
I can pretty much press ctrl + jump and skip all content, do the mission and go to the extraction point.
I almost never find people to play with in my quests, its incredible.

Sometimes there is I believe special missions (Not on the quest tab) and I just level up 2 or 3 times in the same mission, and its the only place where I find alot of people playing, yet we all skip content too and clear the missions easy.

So I was wondering what am I doing wrong and maybe the game is just like this.
I feel like i'm playing solo most of the times.
I even have a clan but yeah.
skip content and solo mode, finish the mission, put mods, do sometimes the special mission and thats it?
I went to foundry and there is like a new sword there and stuff, but there are not stats on it, so how do I know its better or worst? and how do I know what are those items for?
Seems like it's a bit confusing for new players too.

sophora

I'm trying to understand this game really hard, i'm lvl 11 but I have no idea what im doing.

I have mag and I just learned how to put mods on my weapons and stuff.
Basically the quests are easy as hell.
I can pretty much press ctrl + jump and skip all content, do the mission and go to the extraction point.
I almost never find people to play with in my quests, its incredible.

Sometimes there is I believe special missions (Not on the quest tab) and I just level up 2 or 3 times in the same mission, and its the only place where I find alot of people playing, yet we all skip content too and clear the missions easy.

So I was wondering what am I doing wrong and maybe the game is just like this.
I feel like i'm playing solo most of the times.
I even have a clan but yeah.
skip content and solo mode, finish the mission, put mods, do sometimes the special mission and thats it?

Quests are more for story/lore and give out some special components, warframes or weapons. Missions in the top right panel at Navigation are dynamic missions that are time limited.

I'd say since you've just started, work on clearing the mission map. Each mission tile you clear will unlock more around said tile, this'll give you experience in the various mission types along with gathering resources to build additional weapons and warframes in your foundry.

There are essentially two categories of missions, objective based ones which usually you can solo (with the right equipment and mods of course) and endless ones (this is where you'll usually find players, mission types are usually either Survival, Defense, or Excavation) where you are able to stay indefinitely and gain more loot/resources than an objective based one.

I went to foundry and there is like a new sword there and stuff, but there are not stats on it, so how do I know its better or worst? and how do I know what are those items for?
Seems like it's a bit confusing for new players too.

The items in the Foundry don't really pull up stats of the weapon, but the Market does have initial stats of a weapon before you purchase blueprints.

There are a lot of beginner and advanced tutorials at the Codex, it should be a good primer of what sort of things you're able to do.

So there's a few basic gameplay "loops" that you'll go through

- Clear the solar system by opening up all the nodes. You'll end up doing a bunch of this solo as most players aren't doing this anymore. Some frames are WAY better at solo-ing stuff than others. You'll also eventually need to do the Archwing quest in order to proceed, which basically gives you an outer-space jetpack which opens up a whole new style of mission. The other quests are more optional, and generally flesh out the story, or give you a unique warframe or piece of equipment.

- As you level up frames, guns, sentinels, etc, you are leveling up your "account" basically. At each level break, you complete a "test" that moves you to the next account level if you pass. Some of the better guns and whatnot are locked behind certain account levels (like you need to be Level 6 to use a X, etc)

- Mods are as important, if not more so, than your gear. So a big loop is getting the right mods and leveling *those* up as well through the Fusion system

- To make stuff in your foundry, you need to (generally) buy the Blueprints in the market for the in-game credit currency (although some blueprints drop as mission rewards). Then you use the raw materials you've been gathering to make the new gear.

- Once the solar system is totally open, you can do all the Alerts which pop up and Invasions, which generally give you better rewards. Eventually, you'll start doing Void runs which net you Prime gear and whatnot. High level void runs + the sorties are basically endgame content, along with some complex 8-player "raid" missions.

- Generally, don't buy Platinum unless it's on deep sale, and if you want to conserve your platinum, it's generally best used for Potatoes and slots for extra warframes & weapons.

Is the dread supposed to be a rare drop from the stalker? My friends just got it dropped 3 times in a row and I got it twice.

According to the codex, it's his only common drop, everything else is either uncommon or rare. Really strange considering it's one of the best weapons in general.

Have 26 spare Dread bp's, but only 4 of Hate and Despair.

According to the codex, it's his only common drop, everything else is either uncommon or rare. Really strange considering it's one of the best weapons in general.

Have 26 spare Dread bp's, but only 4 of Hate and Despair.

Ah ok that makes sense.

Moving on from Excalibur to Loki(Prime ready in one day). Got kind of bored of exalted blade. My clan hall now is up and running with all the research labs and the Dragon Nikitana will soon be mine. Failed the Level 8 test and was pretty pissed. I'll do better tomorrow

The GAF Clan have any allies? We are a small guild of under ten people who are real life friends. Not sure how alliances work or what advantages they have.

And i got a 75% off yesterday...

I tried a Melee Sortie. I was doing almost no damage and was taking lots. :|

Those enemies are level 50+ (the third sortie can see them going up to level 110+) so it checks out unfortunately. :/

Worse if your frame usually has paper health (like a Loki or Nova)

somewhat late but

With the new system, I've gotten nothing but useless materials after 30 days of logins... I thought every so often, like every 10 or so, you were supposed to get some good stuff...

IIRC it's still at the mercy of RNG but your mastery rank apparently plays some role as well by giving you a better shot.

While it's cool they have more stuff now (and tbf the materials are usually "rare") but yea its still kinda useless (more resource/affinity boosters pls).

The main draws seems to be the 100, 200 and 300 days rewards which apparently are : a brand new sidearm called Azima, Primed Fury and Primed Vigor respectively.

We'd love to have an Alliance! Right now they're just an extra chat tab, but when Dark Sectors get reworked they'll be useful again, I'm sure.

*glares through the internet*

*waves*

Seriously though that revelation is still kinda crazy. :O

Also i wonder if Dark Sectors will come back since it's been gone for a while now and stuff has changed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
And i got a 75% off yesterday...

Those enemies are level 50+ (the third sortie can see them going up to level 110+) so it checks out unfortunately. :/

Worse if your frame usually has paper health (like a Loki or Nova)

Woooo! 75%!

Also, are there decent weapon builds out there to look at? I'm garbage at sifting through all my mods and finding "ideal builds" for my stuff. I'm trying to do a mobile defense mission to progress through Phobos, but the enemies just rip me up. I know I need to level my frame a bit more, but it's also taking way too long to kill things.

sophora

are there decent weapon builds out there to look at? I'm garbage at sifting through all my mods and finding "ideal builds" for my stuff. I'm trying to do a mobile defense mission to progress through Phobos, but the enemies just rip me up. I know I need to level my frame a bit more, but it's also taking way too long to kill things.

Warframe builder has some builds but weapon builds are usually homogeneous. Typically things like; base damage increase (serration, hornet strike, pressure point, etc), multi-shot for ranged weapons, then appropriate elemental mods. For optimal damage outputs, I'd take a look at how the elemental/physical damage systems work. Figuring the damage mechanic is important for mid-high level missions since weaknesses can add +50% more damage done and resistances the inverse. I have three loadouts for each faction type for weapons I use regularly.

Here are the damage types I stick to for each faction:
Grineer - Corrosive/Blast/Puncture
Corpus - Magnetic/Slash
Infested - Corrosive/Blast/Slash

I don't prioritize damage, I build more towards elemental/physical chance proc since I find that to be more practical for high end missions where I rely more on the proc keeping CC up and ripping away high scaling stats mobs tend to get.

Shengar

And I just get a 75% discount as a my daily tribute lol

The most annoying Ash Prime part imo is the BP since its T3 defense rotation C (aka every 20 mins).

Defense mission depends on how fast you clear the mobs. It could longer or it could shorter depends on the team and how fucked the AI pathing on each waves. It's Ash Prime system that annoyed me the most since with survival there's no way you could do it faster since survival mission is time based. If I got Bo Prime BP one more time.....

Plus I got Ash Prime BP on my first try :p

In where I start replaying warframe after 2 years.
Now I have next to no clue about the guilds and factions, thankfully I managed to start building upgraded weapons.
My warframe name is Flamingnx9. Lame name, and I wish I can change it sooner than later.

Got my Loki Prime and decided to get the knave skin pack hat had that exclusive armor. Turns out that armor looks even better on Loki prime so now i'm not even using the knave skin lol.
96DEDD212C625F9A0CD429A98F1998A41BD6B6A1

While channeling.
1B2ACF55332C7BC3A4978E2114058843EEF30C12

And I just get a 75% discount as a my daily tribute lol

Defense mission depends on how fast you clear the mobs. It could longer or it could shorter depends on the team and how fucked the AI pathing on each waves. It's Ash Prime system that annoyed me the most since with survival there's no way you could do it faster since survival mission is time based. If I got Bo Prime BP one more time.....

Plus I got Ash Prime BP on my first try :p

i see what you are getting at i just felt rng is more annoying for that item and that scenario (i.e nullifiers)

Lucky bastard. Took a few for me but got it eventually

Also fuck this Formorian mission since the busy work for just having a fucking 2% chance at an item is pretty soul crushing.

Anyone have a bunch of Capture keys want to get together sometime, buy a credit booster, then run a ton of missions sometime?

I'm tired of being credit poor, lol.

Mainly because of the lore teasing that's going on in it, especially after the second dream stuff.

Also agreed on the Nikana prime and i will try to get that thing as quickly as i can

The only way teasing lore in a prime trailer makes sense to me is by Saryn Prime being a quest reward.
Would be awesome, but they want to sell Prime Access, so I don't see it happening.

Holdfing

Hello there!
Checked the game out again after 2 and a half years, it's pretty good now.
Already had 75% off plat twice in ~30 days, I guess that doesn't happen often :p

I hear Rhino is getting vaulted next, so they'll just replace his prime parts with Saryn's won't they?

Also, can I get an inv into the clan please? I'd really like to try out those clan only shinies... Name's Holdfing.

^ LUCKY! SO JEALOUS.

They'll probably shuffle things around a bit for the drops. Hopefully they move Trin Prime Systems out of T3MD, lol. I think I've used everyone's keys trying to get that...

Invite sent. Welcome aboard!

The only way teasing lore in a prime trailer makes sense to me is by Saryn Prime being a quest reward.
Would be awesome, but they want to sell Prime Access, so I don't see it happening.

That would be interesting indeed but as said they wanna sell that thing so.

Maybe they could do something similar to the Limbo, Chroma or Mirage parts where building each piece unlocks some story about them? That would be alright tbh

This game has changed so much since the last time I played it in the early Alpha days. If I could get a clan invite I would be most appreciative. Name is the same as here, littleworm

^ Sent

Also, the drop rate for these piercing mods from this event is BS. 100% toxic mods so far.

It's 5% vs 20%

osdnzJm.png

Actually pretty good odds for event mods.

I hear Rhino is getting vaulted next, so they'll just replace his prime parts with Saryn's won't they?

Not quite. When Frost went away, Trin's parts didn't replace his IIRC. They might just shuffle things up. Hell maybe they'll actually give the Derelict something worth farming.

^ Sent

Also, the drop rate for these piercing mods from this event is BS. 100% toxic mods so far.

its not as bad as that last event (even including Misery's multiple chances) or that fucking Imperator Receiver tbh

Not quite. When Frost went away, Trin's parts didn't replace his IIRC. They might just shuffle things up. Hell maybe they'll actually give the Derelict something worth farming.

Yea it usually isn't a 1 to 1 replacement as they will move other parts around as well.

H1PSTER

I've just gotten back into this game and I already have Boltor, Loki and Rhino Prime...

I was trying to consider a DPS frame but I can't think of any apart from Nyx, what would you guys say is your favourite?

Stalk

Started giving Warframe a try. Love the movement, lots different from years back. Can I get an invite to the gaf clan? stalksprout is the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom