• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I finally got the fabled 75% off coupon!

...But I can't even use it because of the servers still being DDoS'd.

Edit: Remained connected long enough to use it, Woot!

Congrats :D

Good news with all these server problems is that it's been a real good test of their new system to maintain loot. Granted while it's reliant on the host of the mission to keep connected, I was able to save my 36 Neural Sensor run yesterday! I think this is actually the best part of the recent updates.

It only seems to work if the server gave you the loot in the first place since i had an issue yesterday in the void where literally rng gave me nothing.

Aside from that weirdness I'm really digging the "skip the misson success animation" by pressing the spacebar, providing the server allows rng to do its thing and display what you should get before that

Well every time I hit a relay up to try and turn in my tokens/simaris daily the game boots me out back to login screen. I really hope they're figuring this out.

My boy.
95BEE59696BE6291C57091E9BC5DBC8FFABCE99E

F870DA8D92A2564638F391A0D510350CF04EBAB7

D94E6EC13C6E72B451A3B7EB3C4FC1B3F279AFCA

How active is the GAF clan? Been playing the last 2 weeks and I'm obsessed with this game.

Ever since I've downsized it to 30 players max, it stays fairly active as we rotate out people who don't log in for a long time. Holla if you want an invite.

Finally, finally after almost 2000 hours of play, I got my first 75% off coupon!

I would join the Gaf clan if I wasn't already in the Giant Bomb one.

Grats on the coupon! I just got my first the other day too!

Maximo

Finally, finally after almost 2000 hours of play, I got my first 75% off coupon!

I would join the Gaf clan if I wasn't already in the Giant Bomb one.

That's nuts me and 2 other of my mates managed to get the 75% off the first 3 days we played.
Ended up splitting the platinum with my mate for alittle head start.
Considering splitting the other 75% with my other mate for more platinum >.>

The Daily Logins seem to be the one time RNG likes me. I've gotten three 75% off vouchers and one 50% voucher in the 48 days I've played the game on.

Shengar

Meanwhile I'm trying to get the 75% coupon by not playing for two weeks because that's how I got it so far.

Also when will Mag Prime Vault Access come? Her revamp looks like gonna turned her into the same level as Excalibur.

I think my wife and I are going to stay playing this game.

Any suggestions/tips/suggestions for how to start?

Max starter gear (if you want, for Mastery Points) then get new weapons! Anything and everything is better than the starter weapons!

Use the Wiki, search on YouTube, or ask this thread if you run into anything you don't understand. :)

Finally got all hydroid parts. Vay hek is really a annoying soab. He was easy after i used a granade launcher and added corrosive damage to it. Shoot him in the face with it!

Yeah, good tips. Figuring out his weak spot in the field takes a loooong time.

After my hour-long standoff with Vay Hek, I finally wiki'd him and learned that I had the worst gear to fight him with... an automatic rifle and a pistol. Urgh.

Warframe's 3rd year anniversary since going open beta. Hard to believe I made this thread 3 yeas ago! Even more hard to believe is that the devs have managed to keep me playing for so long!

Kpg0lfT.png

Log in between now and March 29th to receive Dex Sybaris, Dex Furis, and the Dex Dakra! All with their own catalyst installed and come with their own weapon slot.

Ketch

Should I come back to this game? I've been playing the division and it's got me back into the coop rpg goodness.

Have they made improvements to the end game?

Has anyone had luck farming Xiphos? Did a ton of sabotages and not a single part dropped, the other rewards are kinda crap. Starting to think there's something wrong with the drop tables.

Dreavus

Warframe's 3rd year anniversary since going open beta. Hard to believe I made this thread 3 yeas ago! Even more hard to believe is that the devs have managed to keep me playing for so long!

Log in between now and March 29th to receive Dex Sybaris, Dex Furis, and the Dex Dakra! All with their own catalyst installed and come with their own weapon slot.

Wow, three years.

Warframe is one of those games where I am legitimately surprised at the amount of time I put into it. I don't really feel like I played that much, but then I look at the maps and I've done nearly every regular mission outside of the most difficult planets.

I'll gladly grab some free weapons.

Has anyone had luck farming Xiphos? Did a ton of sabotages and not a single part dropped, the other rewards are kinda crap. Starting to think there's something wrong with the drop tables.

Much like the Scimitar parts, they're likely a 2% drop chance.

Should I come back to this game? I've been playing the division and it's got me back into the coop rpg goodness.

Have they made improvements to the end game?

It's free, no harm in trying it out again. They've got Raids now, don't know when you dropped off but they're pretty significantly different from the old T3/T4 grind.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so is it just me or does leveling up mods get super expensive and time consuming at some point

like I still don't have a maxed out vitality mod

"so is it just me or does leveling up mods get super expensive and time consuming at some point

like I still don't have a maxed out vitality mod"

It depends on the amount of ranks and the rarity of mods. Maxing a legendary mod with 10 ranks requires far more credits and fusion cores than maxing a rare mod with 10 ranks and so on.

KimChi

so is it just me or does leveling up mods get super expensive and time consuming at some point

Pretty much any rank 10 mod you should only level them up 7-8 times and then work on other mods. After you get most of the mods done then you want to work on maxing them to rank 10. Reason being, maxing out rank 10 mods require a crazy amount of fusion cores. I don't remember how much is needed for the rank 10 common and uncommon mods but for the rare ones it takes around 450-500 rare 5 fusion cores and I think 2-3million credits to max them from level 0.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
thanks guys

I'm also kind of seemingly stuck in a grind around Jupiter/Saturn/Phobos/Sedna at this point, where I don't seem to really have the gear to move forward easily, but the easier stuff isn't really giving me what I need to get better.

maybe I'll try finding some void teams or something?

KimChi

thanks guys

I'm also kind of seemingly stuck in a grind around Jupiter/Saturn/Phobos/Sedna at this point, where I don't seem to really have the gear to move forward easily, but the easier stuff isn't really giving me what I need to get better.

maybe I'll try finding some void teams or something?

What weapons do you have right now? I'd say its worth ranking up the Dex Sybaris if you feel the other weapons you have right now are not strong enough, it can be very strong after putting some forma into it. Try joining some void teams in the recruit chat if no one is on in the clan, its worth it just to get any prime parts you can get and hopefully some forma blueprints.
Here is the drop table if you want to aim for certain weapons
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/486215-prime-gear-drop-locations/
or you can check the warframe wiki it should have the drop locations when you search certain weapons as well.

Each rank needs double the mod energy than the previous one to rank up. Getting rank 10 mods to max is a huge money and fusion core sink for a new player, you are better off just getting them to R6 and keeping them there for now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im trying to get into this but it seems so overwhelming on what to do and what everything is

im trying to get into this but it seems so overwhelming on what to do and what everything is

Yep, they're still working on getting that new player experience sorted out. Imagine doing all this without any explanation whatsoever, no tutorial missions at the start or anything.

Snuck into that Inaros helmet alert with minutes to spare, so happy to have picked that up. I was tempted to buy it yesterday.

I actually have no idea what the new player experience is like since they introduced the ship menu stuff. It was pretty straightforward back in the "Tenno & the Universe" days.

Anyways, basic tips:
  • Mods are where your power comes from, not so much from your level. Pay careful attention to what you acquire and look into how it can improve your warframe or weapons. Early on, improving health, shields, or damage will be simple ways to vastly improve your effectiveness. And remember: every item, be it a warframe or weapon, levels independantly, so plan accordingly.
  • As you collect mods, you will want to fuse them to increase their effectiveness. Duplicates are the most efficient, costing the least credits per mod XP, but Fusion Core mods give decent XP too. I'd recommend against fusing non-dupes in the event that you need them later; some can be quite rare (rated: bronze < silver < gold).
  • Gain access to as many planets as possible (by completing planetary assassination missions) so that you can catch all of the alerts as they come in, provided you're interested. Alerts are special, timed-limited missions that provide huge rewards, ranging from a large credit reward to rare resources or blueprints. Alerts are almost always worth doing over normal missions, unless you're looking for something in particular.
  • Always be aware of the damage, status effects, and powers that your particular build gives you. Certain enemies are weak or resilient to specific things, and knowing what it is can dramatically affect the damage they take.

Basically, the Warframe wiki will be your best friend.

goblin

For some reason I had no idea that there was a PC Warframe community on GAF. I've been playing on and off since the start of open beta, and it's pretty astounding how far the game's come since then.

Great advice.

I'd also like to add:
  • Don't spend your early starter platinum on anything except Warframe (1/20p) and/or weapon (2/12p) slots. It's generally not worth it to buy weapons or Warframes for platinum from the store unless you've bought into thousands of platinum, in which case go nuts (though I'd still recommend against buying weapons).
  • You probably have access to some other quests after finishing the tutorial, Vor's Prize. "The Archwing" at least; maybe more. Quests are a one-time series of missions that will usually unlock a specific new game system or Warframe. They seem really urgent at first but you don't really need to worry about them until later -- there aren't very many quests in the game and, unlike other MMO-style loot shooters, they're not going to be the bulk of your playtime.
  • If you're in a clan, it doesn't hurt to try and ask if anyone can spare some basic mods. Serration, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point, or primary/shotgun/secondary/melee elemental +damage. It's possible to go a distressing amount of time without lucking into one when you're starting out, but chances are that most veterans have plenty of extras.
  • There are primary, secondary and melee weapons available for purchase, no assembly required, with credits from the store. Primaries are the MK1-Braton, Braton, MK1-Paris, MK-1 Strun and Strun. Secondaries are Aklato, Lato, Lex, MK1-Furis, MK1-Kunai and Sicarus. Melee are the MK1-Bo and MK1-Furax. These should probably be the first weapons you buy and max out, and they cover a good spectrum of weapon types. If you're just starting out and weapon slots are at a premium, you can safely sell any of those weapons back for a small amount of credits after they reach rank 30, although be aware that the Lato and Lex are used as components for different weapons later on.
  • The first new Warframe you'll have access to is Rhino, which drops from the assassination target on Venus. Assassination targets drop Warframe component blueprints in three pieces (systems, chassis, helmet) each of which needs to be assembled in your foundry and then used as components with a Warframe blueprint purchased with credits from the market. You're guaranteed a Warframe component blueprint every time you kill a target, and if you get duplicates you can sell them from your inventory (Escape -> Equipment -> Inventory -> MIscellaneous tab) for 3,500 credits each. Rhino's got a solid suite of abilities and can take hits better than the starter Warframes, so it's worth trying to build one.
  • A good early QoL goal to work toward is building a Carrier sentinel. It collects loot in a radius around you so you don't have to run over everything yourself. Outside of the credit cost, the biggest hurdle is control modules and those drop like candy when you start doing Void missions.
  • I highly recommend using toggle sprint.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
thanks for all the great advice really helpful,

im exp locked on getting rhino. currently i have zephyr and loki,

is there a lowdown on what each warframe does and which ones are best / no goes.

thanks for all the great advice really helpful,

im exp locked on getting rhino. currently i have zephyr and loki,

is there a lowdown on what each warframe does and which ones are best / no goes.

There's not really a best warframe it just falls into the category of personal preference and what frames you enjoy using.

That being said there are frames that are better suited to different mission types, such as Loki for spy, Frost for a defense or excavation, or Ember for exterminate, and etc.

But again it all falls down to what you enjoy using and/or what fits your playstyle.

And as for the lowdown on what each warframe does The wiki is a good place to look.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Logged in after being absent for a few years. Pretty drastic changes.

Now that those card thingies are gone, how do I go about augmenting my Frame's or my weapons' abilities? Apparently everything I have is max level.

What are people grinding for now?
What's the new meta or the hook to keep people playing?

Logged in after being absent for a few years. Pretty drastic changes.

Now that those card thingies are gone, how do I go about augmenting my Frame's or my weapons' abilities? Apparently everything I have is max level.

What are people grinding for now?
What's the new meta or the hook to keep people playing?

While your abilities being mods/cards are gone you still have to use these mods to buff your frame/weapon/sentinel/kubrow to what you want.

If your current frame/weapon/etc is maxed you can either level another weapon/frame you like or make your previously leveled weapons/frames stronger by using forma (aka modifying your weapon/forma which resets them to their unranked state and leveling them back again).

The usual game i've seen consists of getting prime parts (especially if they are just recently released aka sell for more plat) either for collection or a later sale, rare mods/items for similar reasons, new frames, get resources, help people (especially the new people), level equipment.

They introduced new things like sorties (which are a set of 3 "super hard" daily missions that will give some reward when all are completed), raids, new tile-sets for the different factions, new enemies for the different factions, focus system to further "customize" your character, new mod drops, more story/lore.

TransTrender

Gold Member
While your abilities being mods/cards are gone you still have to use these mods to buff your frame/weapon/sentinel/kubrow to what you want.

If your current frame/weapon/etc is maxed you can either level another weapon/frame you like or make your previously leveled weapons/frames stronger by using forma (aka modifying your weapon/forma which resets them to their unranked state and leveling them back again).

The usual game i've seen consists of getting prime parts (especially if they are just recently released aka sell for more plat) either for collection or a later sale, rare mods/items for similar reasons, new frames, get resources, help people (especially the new people), level equipment.

They introduced new things like sorties (which are a set of 3 "super hard" daily missions that will give some reward when all are completed), raids, new tile-sets for the different factions, new enemies for the different factions, focus system to further "customize" your character, new mod drops, more story/lore.

Ah I see what happened. I had to play through their new tutorial in order to unlock the segments of the ship to get back to modifying my character. Now this is more familiar.

Hey everyone, I wanted to formally welcome the NeoGAF clan to the Giant Bomb alliance! Saavedro contacted me a few days ago about the idea of joining Giant Bomb's vibrant alliance, and GB liked the idea. We have a very active set of clans playing with us now, usually with members playing at all hours of the day and at all levels of play. I can personally vouch that many of our veteran clannies are happy to help those just starting out.

Remember to use Alliance chat now so we can all communicate! Also if you have an account on Giant Bomb, the official thread is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom