• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I wanted to formally welcome the NeoGAF clan to the Giant Bomb alliance! Saavedro contacted me a few days ago about the idea of joining Giant Bomb's vibrant alliance, and GB liked the idea. We have a very active set of clans playing with us now, usually with members playing at all hours of the day and at all levels of play. I can personally vouch that many of our veteran clannies are happy to help those just starting out.

Remember to use Alliance chat now so we can all communicate! Also if you have an account on Giant Bomb, the official thread is here.

Sweet, can't wait to run stuff with the alliance.

Good job, Saavedro. Now I will finally have a reason to wear my alliance emblem.

Lol, I might have to pick one up.

Especially since it looks so amazing.

Actually he's not that bad. It's just a waiting game like the normal leveled one. Trin, Nova, fill in the other two blanks, everyone brings CP.

Got a squad to take him out quickly (CPs, puncture + viral, etc).

Also specters apparently beat him 10-0 as they can draw his aggro real well (especially his 1st form) and due to the level scaling they can do it for a while.

Woot, got my Sancti Tigris all forma'd up and ready for sorties.

Also if anyone has a Volt Prime Systems i'll buy it off of you, too much of a pain to grind T1 missions. Ugh the nightmare of running for the Saryn Prime Helmet is surfacing again.

Next double XP weekend thing, I really need to try working on leveling/getting archwing stuff. Bluuuuh. My mastery rank is suffer because of this one game mode!

Victrix

*beard*
Been playing this again recently, and as has been the case every time I've left for a long time and returned, they've improved, polished, and added a ton of stuff... and added an equal number of mystifying, confusing, and janky content :D

Seems to just be the way they work. Especially funny that they're doing a 'new' starmap that looks to be the OLD starmap again.

Anyhow. Game is fun, space ninjas rock, get in a good clan and play with friends and this game is a blast, don't let the initially vertical learning cliff dissuade you, it turns into a gentle slope after the overwhelming data overload diminishes.

^ I know in the 2 or 3 months I had stopped playing and came back, there was so much new stuff. Always blows me away how fast this games evolves.

Also, I think they've upped the spawn rate of rare crates. Too bad I can't seem to get any Mantis parts other than avionics...

Zuly

As I am sorta playing this again and was inactive for awhile, I may as well re-apply to join the GAF Clan again.

How do you leave clans again? (I forgot)

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. IGN is: ZulyGD

Khronico

Been playing this again recently, and as has been the case every time I've left for a long time and returned, they've improved, polished, and added a ton of stuff... and added an equal number of mystifying, confusing, and janky content :D

Seems to just be the way they work. Especially funny that they're doing a 'new' starmap that looks to be the OLD starmap again.

Anyhow. Game is fun, space ninjas rock, get in a good clan and play with friends and this game is a blast, don't let the initially vertical learning cliff dissuade you, it turns into a gentle slope after the overwhelming data overload diminishes.

Yea I'm still being overwhelmed by all the new stuff they've added since I last played. I haven't even touched the archwing stuff yet.

--

Question for you all: I was thinking of getting platinum next time a 50/75% coupon drop in the daily rewards. Besides slots for warframes and weapons which is my no. 1 priority buy, what are some good uses of platinum?

Sent!

Sent!

Question for you all: I was thinking of getting platinum next time a 50/75% coupon drop in the daily rewards. Besides slots for warframes and weapons which is my no. 1 priority buy, what are some good uses of platinum?

Probably greater lens (if you don't feel like farming for them). Other than that, everything else is just cosmetic stuff if you want it. I know I've been buying all the deluxe skin packs and a Xiphos landing craft for the sentry gun air support, lol. Also, can't go wrong grabbing some color palettes :)

What Sav said, plat is for the stuff you don't want to farm and fashion items.

I recommend a few color pallets, sydanas, and definitely the premium skins for frames (the ones you like obviously.) And of course slots, if you need them.

Dreavus

Smoke pane and the high contrast pane is all you need, tons you can make with that and true black is a must for a goddamn space ninja game, lol. Other cosmetics are cool too.

Overall I think the game is pretty fair when it comes to that stuff, I'm still truckin' from my initial 50 bucks years ago (I don't play that much though).

Hyun Sai

Heeh I remember the time when DE encrypted the reward table after some major "scandal", I expect some good stuff coming out soon...

Heeh I remember the time when DE encrypted the reward table after some major "scandal", I expect some good stuff coming out soon...

Fortunately Void isn't going to reveal how his group did all this, so likely it will take a little longer for DE to respond.

Infinite, I'll be sitting on trying to farm out the last of the cyrotic I need for the hammer. 19,173/30,000

Fortunately Void isn't going to reveal how his group did all this, so likely it will take a little longer for DE to respond.

Infinite, I'll be sitting on trying to farm out the last of the cyrotic I need for the hammer. 19,173/30,000

Its kinda unfortunate you cant trade resources though i guess the floodgates would really open if that was the case lol.

i could help you out with the excavations though if you want

As a followup, Void has also posted an article on how RNG operates in Warframe. The short version is: "Warframe uses its own personalized system of weighted RNG."

To quote another poster in the thread.

This post explains how drop tables are set up in Warframe. This is the weighted RNG system that was referred to. It does not explain how the actual random number is sourced.

To the best of anyone's knowledge, the random number generator in the Warframe client is a fairly standard (if obfuscated) pseudorandom algorithm. It probably extracts the seed from some number of sufficiently random factors within the machine, as well as inputs in the game. In theory, this means that you could potentially manipulate it, but doing so without tripping the anti-cheat would be a Herculean effort.

I, for one, will continue to believe in the almighty Desire Sensor.

Yikes at some of those numbers, but also not surprised. Though I've been doing ODD pretty consistently when I log in but damn I still have not gotten that Trinity BP.

I've been trying for the same thing today.

Heh basically got all the Trinity parts without trying the first week or two it was out looking for Kamas parts (still need a blade) and been after the BP since. 12.5% my butt lol.

Either way I always took the drops as they were, some items obviously having their rates turned way up above others. As much as I enjoy playing the game very few items have actually burned me out while trying to farm them. Rime Rounds from Spy, Carrier Carapace freaking Loki Systems. In general behind on my prime parts, time to farm some keys and get back to it... After I finish Trinity BP and Kamas blade. Though its been a bit harder to find missions after moving to Japan @.@

Heh basically got all the Trinity parts without trying the first week or two it was out looking for Kamas parts (still need a blade) and been after the BP since. 12.5% my butt lol.

Either way I always took the drops as they were, some items obviously having their rates turned way up above others. As much as I enjoy playing the game very few items have actually burned me out while trying to farm them. Rime Rounds from Spy, Carrier Carapace freaking Loki Systems. In general behind on my prime parts, time to farm some keys and get back to it... After I finish Trinity BP and Kamas blade. Though its been a bit harder to find missions after moving to Japan @.@

We got the Kama handles and a Forma BP... and they are rarer than Trinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom