• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Born2Live

unfortunately you need the "vauban helmet" part to build the war frame itself. the cosmetic helmets don't allow you to do that, if that's what he's referencing.

speaking of which, the chassis dropped last night to complete my parts needed to build. excited to try vauban out.

My mistake didn't know you needed the helmet to be able to utilise the cosmetic version. How often do the Vauban parts show up on alerts?

MoonGred

Does anyone play ash? I barely see him in game. All I've read about him is that he gets outdone by every other class, which seems a bit weird.

hyp

My mistake didn't know you needed the helmet to be able to utilise the cosmetic version. How often do the Vauban parts show up on alerts?

I'd say vauban parts drop once a week at the very least. took me about 2.5 weeks to get all parts, and you absolutely must stay on top of alerts via twitter.

bebop242

GUH, I was 25 minutes into a survival mission and a wi-fi connection error popped up and I got booted out. My connection to PSN stayed stable. Is this a known problem with this game or is it on my end? Its not the first time this has happened and its very irritating.

GUH, I was 25 minutes into a survival mission and a wi-fi connection error popped up and I got booted out. My connection to PSN stayed stable. Is this a known problem with this game or is it on my end? Its not the first time this has happened and its very irritating.
I have not had this problem. The game migrates hosts if there is a connection problem.

After about 70 something hours, I can't say I've ever seen that.

Edgeward

Because Digital Extremes are fuck ups and still hasn't fixed it. Supposed to be fixed in the last patch, they say it will in the next one. We'll see.

phierce

Your request has been granted. Gambit Vauban Helmet on Valac Europa 1 hour plue remaining.

unfortunately you need the "vauban helmet" part to build the war frame itself. the cosmetic helmets don't allow you to do that, if that's what he's referencing.

speaking of which, the chassis dropped last night to complete my parts needed to build. excited to try vauban out.
Yes.

I'd say vauban parts drop once a week at the very least. took me about 2.5 weeks to get all parts, and you absolutely must stay on top of alerts via twitter.
I've been sitting on everything except the helm for 3 weeks now.

dstarMDA

Going from Excalibur to Nova in Defense is... Wow. Got to rank20 with the frame in like 3 hours.

I think I'm ready to throw some serious money into the game.

MoonGred

Is there a step between boltor and soma? Or is it just modding the boltor more? I was just in a wave 15 defence against lvl40 infected, and i barely did a dent

EL Beefo

Is there a step between boltor and soma? Or is it just modding the boltor more? I was just in a wave 15 defence against lvl40 infected, and i barely did a dent

Boltor is primarily puncture damage so it isn't going to do much to infested, especially lvl40. Heck, past lvl30 anything that isn't modded specifically for the faction you're fighting is going to be nearly useless. If you're in the clan the Ignis is tons of fun, and with the right elements it can be powerful against any faction, I forma'd mine once so far and will probably do it again once I max it out.

MoonGred

Boltor is primarily puncture damage so it isn't going to do much to infested, especially lvl40. Heck, past lvl30 anything that isn't modded specifically for the faction you're fighting is going to be nearly useless. If you're in the clan the Ignis is tons of fun, and with the right elements it can be powerful against any faction, I forma'd mine once so far and will probably do it again once I max it out.

Got everything i need for thay, apart from the forma. General consensus is not to spend plat right? What's the other way to get it that doesn't involve waiting on alerts

IvorB

Well after a solid weekend of Warframe-ing I must say that I am a lot happier with my build now. My Braton is maxed out with +100% crit chance, +30% max ammo, +60% damage and +50% fire rate.

My Loki is one level below max with maxed out decoy and invisibility. Also got power efficiency, vitality, increased max power and increased shield on there in varying degrees.

I've got twin vipers in the oven which I am not sure is such a great move but it's been something I've been working towards for a while so I just decided to go through with it.

All-in-all still really loving this game. Can't wait 'till next weekend!

I got a void survival key. When should I use this? Is it consumable?

I also played a level or two where I had passive power regen. How did that happen? Not during combat, btw.

ParityBit

As some of the regulars know, I have been hunting the Gremlins all weekend .... well after about 50 runs, I finally got them! I was all ready to gloat and start cooking them with my Frost Prime which I also got!

.... I couldn't because I am short one Neurode! Ugh. 3 runs before bed and no dice!

I got a void survival key. When should I use this? Is it consumable?

I also played a level or two where I had passive power regen. How did that happen? Not during combat, btw.

The void key is consumable. It's best to invite others for help when you want to activate the key.

Energy Syphon is the mod that was giving you energy regen. Someone in your party must have had it. A few aura mods affect the entire party.

The void key is consumable. It's best to invite others for help when you want to activate the key.

Energy Syphon is the mod that was giving you energy regen. Someone in your party must have had it. A few aura mods affect the entire party.
Thanks.

Are mods level-based? I got Vigor recently, and I hear that one is somewhat rare.

What will happen when I consume the void key? Can I trade it? Should I keep it?

Also, I finished my ether swords. Yay! I also got a new pistol. I just need some nanoids (iirc) to make my next rifle. I thought about going Sniper, but 4 rounds per clip and only 70 shots seems brutal. How do snipers and archers deal with that? I burn most of my 650 rifle clip each level, and I usually have the best aim in the group.

IvorB

As some of the regulars know, I have been hunting the Gremlins all weekend .... well after about 50 runs, I finally got them! I was all ready to gloat and start cooking them with my Frost Prime which I also got!

.... I couldn't because I am short one Neurode! Ugh. 3 runs before bed and no dice!

That's sucks, bro. You need just regular neurodes? I'm sure I have a couple of those. I would certainly hook you up if that was possible.

IvorB

What will happen when I consume the void key?

You will...

Enter-the-Void.jpg

!!

Are mods level-based? I got Vigor recently, and I hear that one is somewhat rare.

I thought about going Sniper, but 4 rounds per clip and only 70 shots seems brutal. How do snipers and archers deal with that?

Mods are not level based. You can equip any as long as your gear has enough mod points to fit it.

As for snipers, thing about them is the big damage. 72 bullets is comparable to auto rifles that have 500+ ammo. They also require a few specific sniper mods to make them work well.

edit: oh and if you consume the void keys, you'll go to a special dungeon called orokin void. tougher enemies there but with a whole new set of loot to be earned.

Mods are not level based. You can equip any as long as your gear has enough mod points to fit it.

As for snipers, thing about them is the big damage. 72 bullets is comparable to auto rifles that have 500+ ammo. They also require a few specific sniper mods to make them work well.

edit: oh and if you consume the void keys, you'll go to a special dungeon called orokin void. tougher enemies there but with a whole new set of loot to be earned.
I meant stage-based. Mea culpa for the ambiguity.

How will I know I am ready for void stuff?

Do we do trades on GAF? I would love to get my hands on an Energy Siphon mod, as well as Streamline. Fleeting Expertise seems undesirable for Loki - thoughts? How rare is an Essence Loki Helm?

Speaking of Gremlins...there's a glitch which have allowed a few gaffers and I to do super quick Phobos twin boss runs:

1) Use Rhino
2) Rush to bosses
3) 3-4x rhino stomp
4) Lotus announces mission complete and extraction icon shows up on map
5) rush to extraction, complete.

Neither bosses need to be killed, and in one run Vor chased us to the extraction point.
It still worked as of this morning...

Naeblish

How will I know I am ready for void stuff?
Don't worry, void keys are only consumed when you actually finish the level. Fail it, and the key is still there. Tier 1 is about level 10-20, wait until you have no problems with enemies around lvl 20. I'm rank 5 (on pc) and i'm just now starting to play them, they are great for diversity, cash, loot and exp! You can always go to the recruit channel to join a group and try one.

Sdoots

Hey guys, this is off topic but given how frequently I post in here I wanted to say something.

I found out on Friday that they are cutting my contract short, so I'll be out of work come the 31st. I mostly browse NeoGAF during the time between calls here at the help desk, so I may not be around as much come next month.

So that this post isn't entirely unrelated, where are you guys at progress wise now? Seems like you're all generally pretty much at the meat of the game now, making your through planets and grinding bosses, is that correct?

Anyone doing Nightmare runs? That might be worthwhile for the exclusive mods.

IvorB

Hey guys, this is off topic but given how frequently I post in here I wanted to say something.

I found out on Friday that they are cutting my contract short, so I'll be out of work come the 31st. I mostly browse NeoGAF during the time between calls here at the help desk, so I may not be around as much come next month.

So that this post isn't entirely unrelated, where are you guys at progress wise now? Seems like you're all generally pretty much at the meat of the game now, making your through planets and grinding bosses, is that correct?

Hey man, sorry to hear about your employment situation. I hope you get it resolved. Yeah I am at the meat of the game I reckon. I'm quite deep into the planets doing Jupiter, Phobos, Sedna etc. Load out is pretty good for now. Not really advanced enough for all the crazy stuff folks on this board get up to with the Void and Towers and whatnot.

What is a nightmare run?

What is a nightmare run?

Once you clear all nodes of a planet, nightmare mode (skull over a node) will become available for certain missions on that planet. Completing a mission in nightmare mode will gurantee a nightmare mod. (Corrupt Mods only drop from a OD vault run, vice versa.)

Enemies in nightmare mode will much higher levels than usual and the stage will featuring various debuffs:

After having a few in-game conversations with some GAFers, it's clear some people aren't aware of the effects of Nightmare missions. So here they are!

Only one of the following challenges may occur per mission (each has the same chance of occurring):

No Shields: Every Tenno's shields will be reduced to 0.
Timer: The mission will now be timed, starting at 5 minutes. The death of an enemy will add 5 seconds to the timer. Death does not need to be caused by a Tenno and can be caused by death by another faction.
(If the mission type is Defense, Mobile Defense or Survival, this challenge will be ignored. A new challenge will not be chosen in its place.)
Health Vampire: Every Tenno's health will be reduced by 1.5% of maximum per second rounded down. This wont reduce your health lower than 1% of maximum. The death of enemies, including Infested Runners exploding, will recover 12.5% health for the entire Tenno squad.
Energy Vampire: Every Tenno in the cell will lose energy constantly (approx. 1 per second?). Energy Siphon slows down the drain rate.
In addition to the 3 challenges above, there is also a 50% chance of low gravity (reduced by half, this affects everything including player maneuvers in the air, enemies and loot)

Challenges below do not incur the low-gravity addition:
Ammo Storage Deficit: Lockers do not drop ammo, but enemies still do.
Enemy Damage Buff: Enemies will have innate triple damage buff.
High Level Enemies: Enemies will have a higher level than normal.
Lethal Explosive Barrels: Explosive barrels deal a lethally high damage. (around 1000)
Longer Reload: Reload Times are increased. (possibly +50%)

Hey man, sorry to hear about your employment situation. I hope you get it resolved. Yeah I am at the meat of the game I reckon. I'm quite deep into the planets doing Jupiter, Phobos, Sedna etc. Load out is pretty good for now. Not really advanced enough for all the crazy stuff folks on this board get up to with the Void and Towers and whatnot.

What is a nightmare run?

After you clear out every node in a planet system, you will start to notice randomly each day certain missions have a skull icon covering the node in the star map - this indicates they are available for nightmare mode. In this mode, you rerun the mission with a certain random debuff (no shields, draining health, or time limit etc). If you complete the mission in this mode, you will obtain a nightmare mod that contains two positive effects.

A nightmare run, then, is typically an iteration of farming for these mods. Hammer Shot and Blaze in particular are amongst the most sought after mods in the game at this point.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Mode

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Why does my world map always go back to the first world even when I choose another planet?

That stops happening once you have finished all missions on a planet.

Which at that point is less useful since you only come back for specific things like boss farming or alerts.

IvorB

Once you clear all nodes of a planet, nightmare mode (skull over a node) will become available for certain missions on that planet. Completing a mission in nightmare mode will gurantee a nightmare mod. (Corrupt Mods only drop from a OD vault run, vice versa.)

Enemies in nightmare mode will much higher levels than usual and the stage will featuring various debuffs:

After you clear out every node in a planet system, you will start to notice randomly each day certain missions have a skull icon covering the node in the star map - this indicates they are available for nightmare mode. In this mode, you rerun the mission with a certain random debuff (no shields, draining health, or time limit etc). If you complete the mission in this mode, you will obtain a nightmare mod that contains two positive effects.

A nightmare run, then, is typically an iteration of farming for these mods. Hammer Shot and Blaze in particular are amongst the most sought after mods in the game at this point.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Mode

Eish. Sounds heavy, man.

Eish. Sounds heavy, man.

It's really not.
Since the mods is a mission reward, not monster drop, you can just run mercury level nightmare mods over and over.

The debuffs also aren't as bad if you do the modes in a group:

No shield - the only real problematic one since it's easy to get instant killed. However, this can be remedied as long as you have a decent trinity/rhino in the group.

Timer - Generally not a problem other than boss stages.

Health Vampire: Not as much of a problem as no shield. Again, a good trinity in group pretty much makes it a non-issue.

Tip:
When you're just trying to rush through a stage, Sliding > sprinting.
Sliding recharges your stamina bar and is faster than sprinting.

Kurod

Banned
It's really not.
Since the mods is a mission reward, not monster drop, you can just run mercury level nightmare mods over and over.

I don't think there are nightmare missions on Mercury anymore. I have all the missions done but can only find nightmare modes available for Venus onwards.

koryuken

Trinity is a weird one, but one of the frames I've enjoyed the most. Oddly enough, it's "healing" power ends up allowing for an extremely powerful attack against bosses. It's a much more offensive frame than it lets on. Rhino is a solid choice and is great for survivability even on tough challenges.

I agree about the codex. I think it's probably a symptom of Damage 2.0 being fairly new, and hopefully they change it.

Not sure what you mean about power "durability." Different mods will effect everything from power strength to power energy use. You can also upgrade each mod under your arsenal by selecting it and then "fusing." It costs quite a few credits and requires spare mods you no longer want, but as you get to tougher levels, you'll need the mods upgraded to boost your stats.

I feel that Rhino with maxed Iron Skin and a heavily modded Galatine is a bit OP. I am doing a probably around 3500dmg per charged swing + ~36% chance to critical and do 7,000 damage lol. I am killing most bosses in a few swings. Mobile defense is awesome to farm and level up... just stand in front of objective and kill everything with Galatine/infinite iron skin (since energy orbs keep coming and coming).

PS. I finally got an Aura last night thanks to GAF :)

phierce

I feel that Rhino with maxed Iron Skin and a heavily modded Galatine is a bit OP. I am doing a probably around 3500dmg per charged swing + ~36% chance to critical and do 7,000 damage lol. I am killing most bosses in a few swings. Mobile defense is awesome to farm and level up... just stand in front of objective and kill everything with Galatine/infinite iron skin (since energy orbs keep coming and coming).

What's your build for Galatine?

There's now doubt that Rhino's a beast for survivability. The Galatine as well is very powerful, maybe unreasonably so, making that a great combo. Being the tank is an important role in a lot missions, but even after maxing it, I have to say I still enjoy playing as other classes more. Just a matter of play style opinion though.

koryuken

What's your build for Galatine?

I haven't maxed out all of the mods yet, but i have:

Killing Blow
Focus Energy
Molten Impact
Reflex Coil
Rending Strike
True Steel
Fury

For the last mod, I am thinking about either Jagged Edge ( to really up the slash damage -- most of the Charge damage comes from slash) or Melee Prowess for higher than 50% status change...

SnakeEyes

Banned
Eish. Sounds heavy, man.

Seriously dude, it's not. You get a team of 4 and they're easy as pie, especially when the nodes change with the daily rollover and don't go away once you've completed them. Most people will find a low-level Extermination and just farm them.

The No Shields one can be a pain, but if you've got at least 1 Rhino on the team you're pretty much guaranteed success. The Health Loss and Timer are non-issues, since the heath and time regenerate with each enemy kill so you can easily get above what you started with very quickly.

And Low Gravity is fun :D

koryuken

There's now doubt that Rhino's a beast for survivability. The Galatine as well is very powerful, maybe unreasonably so, making that a great combo. Being the tank is an important role in a lot missions, but even after maxing it, I have to say I still enjoy playing as other classes more. Just a matter of play style opinion though.

Yeah I'm thinking of going for Trinity next. Like someone above said, is there a good primary between Boltor and Soma? I just maxed boltor and need something else for mastery ranks. I heard Gorgon is great, but only way to get it is a login reward...

Kurod

Banned
For Galatine you should use killing blow, pressure point, true steel, organ shatter, then whatever elemental mods you feel are best. I ended up one shotting a few bosses with this. I've seen over 23,000 damage once when my invisible Loki hit a grineer heavy with it modded for radiation.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How do you get Shade to actually cloak you? I have the ghost mod equipped, but it won't engage the cloak... it's weird.

koryuken

For Galatine you should use killing blow, pressure point, true steel, organ shatter, then whatever elemental mods you feel are best. I ended up one shotting a few bosses with this. I've seen over 23,000 damage once when my invisible Loki hit a grineer heavy with it modded for radiation.

BTW, Pressure Point does not affect charge damage, only the regular swings. Just FYI :) Focus Energy and Rending Strike are a must IMO.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Pressure_Point

How do you get Shade to actually cloak you? I have the ghost mod equipped, but it won't engage the cloak... it's weird.

I found that as Shade levels up higher, it activates the cloak much more often. Upgrading the ghost mod increases the range at which it can detect the enemy and cloak you.

Don't worry, void keys are only consumed when you actually finish the level. Fail it, and the key is still there. Tier 1 is about level 10-20, wait until you have no problems with enemies around lvl 20. I'm rank 5 (on pc) and i'm just now starting to play them, they are great for diversity, cash, loot and exp! You can always go to the recruit channel to join a group and try one.
Thank you!

My condolences.

I am just starting out. Today I have 2 new weapons coming to me...yay!

And my guild key! I am excited to see what that whole deal is.

Top Bottom