• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

IvorB

It's really not.
Since the mods is a mission reward, not monster drop, you can just run mercury level nightmare mods over and over.

The debuffs also aren't as bad if you do the modes in a group:

No shield - the only real problematic one since it's easy to get instant killed. However, this can be remedied as long as you have a decent trinity/rhino in the group.

Timer - Generally not a problem other than boss stages.

Health Vampire: Not as much of a problem as no shield. Again, a good trinity in group pretty much makes it a non-issue.

Seriously dude, it's not. You get a team of 4 and they're easy as pie, especially when the nodes change with the daily rollover and don't go away once you've completed them. Most people will find a low-level Extermination and just farm them.

The No Shields one can be a pain, but if you've got at least 1 Rhino on the team you're pretty much guaranteed success. The Health Loss and Timer are non-issues, since the heath and time regenerate with each enemy kill so you can easily get above what you started with very quickly.

And Low Gravity is fun :D

Wiki says no more nightmare on Mercury. Maybe I will give this a try at some point but right now just enjoying unlocking all the new planets. The mod rewards don't look that great though...

ParityBit

Any advice on using a bow? I have been trying to level up my Paris for the XP. (I am trying to get everything and level it all to 30!)

I find more often than not, I miss while zoomed in. Especially when the mob is moving. I know a lot of it has to do with the game lag (which is annoying!)

Bladelaw

Wiki says no more nightmare on Mercury. Maybe I will give this a try at some point but right now just enjoying unlocking all the new planets. The mod rewards don't look that great though...

There's a few standouts. Lethal Torrent can drastically increase pistol DPS, Constitution is necessary for maximizing power duration (For Frost's Snow Globe or Trinity's Blessing for example). Accelerated Blast gives shotguns some additional damage and for some shotguns needed fire rate. Blaze can generate a ton of additional damage on shotguns. Focus Energy and Rending Strike are requirements for maxing Glaive, Glaive Prime and Galatine's damage. The rest all have decent situational uses. Vigor's great if you're mod point starved for example.

foxdvd

Grimløck;97000670 said:
What's going on with my elemental dmg? They're showing two different numbers. Which one is accurate?

if someone did not answer this yet...you have a multishot mod on. That mod gives a % chance to fire a second (or more) shots each time you shoot. When you highlight your weapon with a multishot mod, it has a % chance to show bonus damage from that mod.

koryuken

I'm probably the clan's biggest fanboy when it comes to the Paris Prime.

The bow is amazing - it has damage to spare and it's highly efficient against both corpus and grineer, not so much infested.

You got to get used to it since it has quite a few drawbacks - charge time, slow projectile, uses sniper ammo, the projectile heavily arches down even mid range.

However once you start seeing 7k+ damage from a single shot on a torso hit, it just clicks. My record is a 20k shot on Kela de Thaim's ugly mug.

Don't let the naysayers sway you, I've bested people using supposedly better weapons using the Prime.

Technically the Vectis has higher damage potential but the bow has the advantage of being better suited for close and mid range engagements since it's not scoped.

I will concede however that due to its particularities it's not a weapon for everybody.

What mods do you have that let you do 7k? per hit:)

foxdvd

I love this game but when my friends are not on I have such a poor time playing with randoms.

If I bring my Rhino into an infested defense mission with an ignis, I get called a noob. The truth is even versus infested my ignis will start to suffer after wave 15-20. Just because you are going to play this mission with your Loki and a bow does not make you a better player.

If I am using my Nova don't blast me with messages not to "ruin" your game by spamming prime. I am not spamming it, the range is half a football field. Prime can be annoying for the rest of the team during the first 10 waves, but after that you no longer chain 30 kills with one prime. Try actually playing to wave 25 for once and realize the double damage of prime helps the whole team. If all you ever do is 15 waves and done Nova's will always be annoying.

It is shocking how much shit talk people have been doing the last week. Even if I do bring in something like my Excalibur I have received messages along the lines of "God why bring that garbage in, now the whole team will suffer" Randoms had been so friendly up until the last week or so.

I did have one REAL funny match where someone had a Frost with overextended and stretch. His globe was huge. Someone on our team started giving him shit, and so I guess he decided to piss everyone off. The whole map was nothing but overlapping globes.

I love this game but when my friends are not on I have such a poor time playing with randoms.

If I bring my Rhino into an infested defense mission with an ignis, I get called a noob. The truth is even versus infested my ignis will start to suffer after wave 15-20. Just because you are going to play this mission with your Loki and a bow does not make you a better player.

If I am using my Nova don't blast me with messages not to "ruin" your game by spamming prime. I am not spamming it, the range is half a football field. Prime can be annoying for the rest of the team during the first 10 waves, but after that you no longer chain 30 kills with one prime. Try actually playing to wave 25 for once and realize the double damage of prime helps the whole team. If all you ever do is 15 waves and done Nova's will always be annoying.

It is shocking how much shit talk people have been doing the last week. Even if I do bring in something like my Excalibur I have received messages along the lines of "God why bring that garbage in, now the whole team will suffer" Randoms had been so friendly up until the last week or so.

I did have one REAL funny match where someone had a Frost with overextended and stretch. His globe was huge. Someone on our team started giving him shit, and so I guess he decided to piss everyone off. The whole map was nothing but overlapping globes.

Honestly never had any shit talk happen to me once.

At most I made a Nova "ragequit" because my mag's shield polarize was "stealing all the kills" from the person's m-prime (Narcissus Corpus - D.)

Outperforming a nova = feels so good.

People who complain about Nova/Mag/whatever doing huge damage and multikills don't understand the experience system.

You will still get XP from those kills and it distributes to your weapons as well, where as the caster is only getting frame experience - they're really doing you a favor, because those Frames level FAST and are likely maxed at any given point in time.

IvorB

Really? That blows, man. I have an alright time with randoms although it's a bit annoying lately how people just race through for the objective and not bother playing co-operatively. I don't really look at the chat log when I'm playing so maybe that's why I haven't seen any hate he he.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Any advice on using a bow? I have been trying to level up my Paris for the XP. (I am trying to get everything and level it all to 30!)

I find more often than not, I miss while zoomed in. Especially when the mob is moving. I know a lot of it has to do with the game lag (which is annoying!)

The problem with zooming in is that it slows your turn rate which makes tracking moving enemies harder. Because the bow fires projectiles aka it's not a hitscan weapon, on enemies moving across your field of view you must shoot ahead of them. You have to take into account the speed of the arrow and the speed and trajectory of the enemy and shoot ahead, towards where the target is moving. And of course the arrow arches down so you have to take that into account.

I'm not gonna lie, that's a challenging shot. But also very rewarding when you pull it off. Yesterday running Alad V I landed two of these on a row through an obstacle, aka blind shots. Feels soo good!

Generally I only zoom on static enemies to hit their heads, on moving targets I go unzoomed and predict for a torso hit.

The bow is also good friend with frames that freeze or slow targets like Vauban, Nyx, Nova, etc.

What mods do you have that let you do 7k? per hit:)

Nothing special: serration, split chamber, shred, crit chance, crit damage, then two elementals and bane of, according to the enemy faction. Each arrow that crits hits for 3k+ which means if multishot goes off and both arrows crit it's gonna be 6k-7k depending on target.

Technically you get more damage replacing shred with another damage mod but it's too goddamn useful. It reduces the charge time and the punch through is very useful to hit enemies behind cover, shield lancers, hit multiple enemies if they're close, hit enemies behind closed doors, etc.

Been giving remote play another try (in order to squeeze in extra nightmare runs, beginning to doubt the reported 1.005 % drop for blaze and hammershot) and wow, I don't remember the connection being this bad. . .

Even from the couch it's bad enough that camera control is an issue - the lag is such that I overshoot whenever I adjust the camera. From any other room in my apartment, the connection itself fails intermittently and I have to re-initiate remote play, which basically translates to insta death. I don't recall it being this bad when I first played around with the feature at PS4 launch, is there a setting I should check or did the firmware update perhaps make things a little worse?

Dunno if its a full moon bringing out the crazies and assholes but I've had some very bad times with randoms lately too.

Got trolled by a Loki who kept interrupting the end of mission countdown timer. Kept running in and out of the end zone for at least 10 minutes before I finally aborted out.

And have had too many missions since where one player runs ahead at full speed - I'm serious, they weren't going at a reasonable pace, but purposefully to create significant distance, and nuking all the enemies. The rest of us got to jog through empty hallways for 7-8 minutes until we reached the end. What fun.

Fair warning to anybody who might end up in a mission with me. If you run far enough ahead to leave the rest of your team far behind, you're not getting a revive. Not gonna happen. And when you reach that co-op door you need help with and start nagging the rest of us? That's when I'll revert to a slow walk and take in the sights. Doopty doo.

hyp

I'm probably the clan's biggest fanboy when it comes to the Paris Prime.

The bow is amazing - it has damage to spare and it's highly efficient against both corpus and grineer, not so much infested.

You got to get used to it since it has quite a few drawbacks - charge time, slow projectile, uses sniper ammo, the projectile heavily arches down even mid range.

However once you start seeing 7k+ damage from a single shot on a torso hit, it just clicks. My record is a 20k shot on Kela de Thaim's ugly mug.

Don't let the naysayers sway you, I've bested people using supposedly better weapons using the Prime.

Technically the Vectis has higher damage potential but the bow has the advantage of being better suited for close and mid range engagements since it's not scoped.

I will concede however that due to its particularities it's not a weapon for everybody.

damnit bitmap. you make me want to get the rest of the parts for this now. I'm such a sucker for large numbers.

hyp

your enjoyment of this game with randoms will be tenfold when you turn off voice completely. only time I use it is with gaffers. serious just turn it off :).

ijed

Focus Energy and Rending Strike are requirements for maxing Glaive, Glaive Prime and Galatine's damage.
Ooh yes plz - these look good.

Just got Nova out of the oven. Damage is good but still feeling squishy, especially after coming from Rhino. Need to practice my antimatter drop as it sounds good on paper but is really annoying to control.

koryuken

Technically you get more damage replacing shred with another damage mod but it's too goddamn useful. It reduces the charge time and the punch through is very useful to hit enemies behind cover, shield lancers, hit multiple enemies if they're close, hit enemies behind closed doors, etc.

Thank you! I have all those minus split chamber... gosh, still need to get that from someone one of these days :)

ParityBit

Been giving remote play another try (in order to squeeze in extra nightmare runs, beginning to doubt the reported 1.005 % drop for blaze and hammershot) and wow, I don't remember the connection being this bad. . .

Even from the couch it's bad enough that camera control is an issue - the lag is such that I overshoot whenever I adjust the camera. From any other room in my apartment, the connection itself fails intermittently and I have to re-initiate remote play, which basically translates to insta death. I don't recall it being this bad when I first played around with the feature at PS4 launch, is there a setting I should check or did the firmware update perhaps make things a little worse?

I am wondering this. I do not have a Vita yet, and was debating it. Someone in chat on the guild said they had no issues though ....

I am wondering this. I do not have a Vita yet, and was debating it. Someone in chat on the guild said they had no issues though ....

The controls aren't great, but this may change with the next patch and its addition of custom controls.

I can't help but think that the terrible connection quality for me is specific to my vita/PS4. . . it's not just this game but everything with the remote play link that is quite bad. Sort of curious if there are any options I am missing, all I see is the option to reestablish the link by typing in the code on the PS4 which I'll try tonight.

On another topic, I did my 75th nightmare run this morning.

At a 1.005 % drop chance for either Hammer Shot or Blaze, there's a 78 % chance I should have gotten one of the two at this point. . . still might be bad luck, but I am beginning to doubt the wiki's accuracy on this one. Wish they would clarify their source.

Pop

Over 200 hrs played so far and I have never seen a Hammer Shot, Thunderbolt or Split Chamber. Frost Prime systems doesn't want to drop either.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Venus, buddy. Lvl 3-5 Corpus Ext is the easiest Nightmare farming, not that the others aren't easy too.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Over 200 hrs played so far and I have never seen a Hammer Shot, Thunderbolt or Split Chamber. Frost Prime systems doesn't want to drop either.
Join the queue. FUME5 and I have first dibs on FP Systems though, since we've been waiting the longest :p

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
damnit bitmap. you make me want to get the rest of the parts for this now. I'm such a sucker for large numbers.

If large numbers you seek, the paris prime will make you a happy camper ;D

Thank you! I have all those minus split chamber... gosh, still need to get that from someone one of these days :)

Yeah, split chamber is such a big damage bump... and so hard to farm! There are other options for that slot, but none will give such a large damage increase.

I'm also at 200h and just found my first Focus. Random is random. I got Split Chamber and Hell's Chamber from Phalan (Eris) t3 infested survival at 20 minutes, though a void mission also dropped Split Chamber from a container.

Thunderbolt seems to be another 2% chance in ODD or other t3 infested defense... not feeling the grind, having already done ~20 trips to ODD for the Banshee helmet. I really like my Paris Prime though and Thunderbolt would be a nice toy. :/

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm also at 200h and just found my first Focus. Random is random. I got Split Chamber and Hell's Chamber from Phalan (Eris) t3 infested survival at 20 minutes, though a void mission also dropped Split Chamber from a container.

Thunderbolt seems to be another 2% chance in ODD or other t3 infested defense... not feeling the grind, having already done ~20 trips to ODD for the Banshee helmet. I really like my Paris Prime though and Thunderbolt would be a nice toy. :/

I vaguely remember finding my Thunderbolt while raiding Containers in a T3 Capture. So many mods drop from the secret rooms in there.

HORRORSHØW

if someone did not answer this yet...you have a multishot mod on. That mod gives a % chance to fire a second (or more) shots each time you shoot. When you highlight your weapon with a multishot mod, it has a % chance to show bonus damage from that mod.
Thanks for answering. That makes sense, considering Split Chamber only gives 90% multishot chance.

On another note, apparently update 11.6 has (unintentionally) borked continuous-fire weapons (Synapse, Ignis, Embolist, Flux) on the PC side. Hopefully they'll get that sorted out before it hits the PS4.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Grimløck;97135085 said:
Thanks for answering. That makes sense, considering Split Chamber only gives 90% multishot chance.

On another note, apparently update 11.6 has (unintentionally) borked continuous-fire weapons (Synapse, Ignis, Embolist, Flux) on the PC side. Hopefully they'll get that sorted out before it hits the PS4.
Thankfully the next PS4 update only takes us to 11.5.8 I think.

I made a new gun, Latron, and it kind of sucks. :(
Headshot Grineer with it. It doesn't suck. Am rocking a toxic one right now and its getting the job done quickly, even against high level Grineer (double plus the level of my Saryn).

Its also unusually quiet so you can even get stealth kills with it from a distance.

Kurod

Banned

I've been farming for that too with no luck. Multiple corpus defense missions and Raptor runs with no luck.

On another note I got my Hek today. Such an awesome shotty with an awesome sound. Love that blam.

PS might anyone send me an invite to the chat channel? PSN is kurod007. Thanks :)

So, I just formaed my Mag Prime and the Orokin Reactor disappeared! Just great! (It explicitly says this will not happened before using a forma.)

Anyone know where to submit a support ticket?

Edit: NM, found it. Hopefully they are helpful!

stick with it bro and learn to love the latron. =]

Yesssss. What he said! I loved the Latron. Was sad about the state of Latron Prime until Dmg2.0 came out, now it's my favorite gun again! Corrosive + Shred + Crit build = mmm mmm! Highest I've seen is 13k something crit head shot.

I need a Heavy Caliber for it so bad, lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So, I just formaed my Mag Prime and the Orokin Reactor disappeared! Just great! (It explicitly says this will not happened before using a forma.)

Anyone know where to submit a support ticket?

Edit: NM, found it. Hopefully they are helpful!

The reactor gets consumed when you use it.

Did you check wether your warframe got the extra polarity points?

hyp

I need a Heavy Caliber for it so bad, lol

mine dropped last night. now i gotta forma the thing for a third time.

i liken the latron to a high speed sniper rifle. does the kind of damage you can expect from a snipe but at a higher frequency/rate of fire. scope is real nice too.

Quote from the wiki

Forma can only be used on equipment that has already been ranked to 30 and, when used, said equipment is reset to rank 0 (unranked). Forma can be used again on already polarized equipment, provided that it is leveled to 30 again. Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors are unaffected by the usage of Forma.

From the Wiki:

Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors are unaffected by the usage of Forma.

And from the Forma use description:

Choosing Apply will RESET ITEM RANK! Any installed super-charge will remain.

That doesn't sound to me like they are supposed to be consumed. The forma did work, and I did get the polarity added.

mine dropped last night. now i gotta forma the thing for a third time.

i liken the latron to a high speed sniper rifle. does the kind of damage you can expect from a snipe but at a higher frequency/rate of fire. scope is real nice too.

You lucky duck. I've been farming it on and off since vaults were released and still haven't seen one. Guess I need to offer more blood to the RNG God. What mission were you doing btw? I've just been going to OD Exterm and wondering if that's why I've never seen it.

hyp

You lucky duck. I've been farming it on and off since vaults were released and still haven't seen one. Guess I need to offer more blood to the RNG God. What mission were you doing btw? I've just been going to OD Exterm and wondering if that's why I've never seen it.

we ran OD extermination. too bad you werenʻt with our GAF vault crew last night. heavy caliber dropped and then fleeting expertise right after it. we sang praises to the RNG gods for sure.

Born2Live

Okay, I finally dropped my order in. I got a White Vita from Amazon with a 16 GB card.

Good job! It was me that mentioned remote play a couple of days ago on the clan chat. To be honest I play Warframe via remote play the majority of the time and I've not had a problem with it. Controls are a bit wonky but that should be resolved once the next patch is released.

Hopefully you'll be pleased with your purchase.

Edgeward

Is the direct connect option turned on? Have you also tried port forwarding? When I'm about 40 ft away the connection holds up great for me. Played over the weekend on AC4 for hours without the connection dropping.

HORRORSHØW

Finally got Hammer Shot after 9 consecutive Nightmare runs:

Bd_NEweCcAALRNk.jpg:large

Just ran solo capture with Loki. Each run took about 3 mins.

Top Bottom