• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BTW, Pressure Point does not affect charge damage, only the regular swings. Just FYI :) Focus Energy and Rending Strike are a must IMO.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Pressure_Point

I found that as Shade levels up higher, it activates the cloak much more often. Upgrading the ghost mod increases the range at which it can detect the enemy and cloak you.

okay... so I should probably outfit it for combat, at least in the beginning, so it levels to the point I can equip fully upgraded ghost.

Yeah I'm thinking of going for Trinity next. Like someone above said, is there a good primary between Boltor and Soma? I just maxed boltor and need something else for mastery ranks. I heard Gorgon is great, but only way to get it is a login reward...

I started down the right of building and leveling weapons specific to enemy types. Boltor for instance is a Grineer killer, but doesn't have the same kick when you're facing Infested or Corpus. This has led me to max a Tigris, MK1-Braton, Burston, Latron, and Strun (Along with a bunch of secondary weapons). I think it's panned out nicely with Damage 2.0. I suppose you could try to just create a catch-all weapon too by spreading out your mods to cover all scenarios, but that's just not the way I've been playing. The right tool for the right job is what I'm going for. If you want to go this route, check out the in game codex or the wiki as that gives specific damage-type breakdowns for each weapon.

I would love a Gorgon for taking on Corpus, but as you said, it's a random reward.

I'm more comfortable with catch-all weapons.
I can't afford formas on all weapons to fit my max level serration, split chamber, etc. And unless I'm going to find spares for those rare mods (and plats for inventory slots), it's going to be Ignis for infested, synapse for corpus and soma for grinner.

I'll level new primaries for experiment + ranks, but they have to be especially good for me to stick around.

I would love a Gorgon for taking on Corpus, but as you said, it's a random reward.
Can't you buy the blueprint with credits? I've done that with almost all of my weapons.

Also, count me in with preferring weapons dedicated to certain factions or modes. I prefer having full loadouts for each faction rather than using A/B/C sub-loadouts, which can easily be forgotten since there's no UI support for them.

But my dual vastos and glaive are not only useful for a variety of situations, they're also best in class for most situations. At least for my arsenal, so I do have separate builds for those.

My current setup:

Volt: My main frame, with the most utility across the board. Also my dedicated Corpus hunter. Chain lightning kills or at the very least stuns, the room-clearer is powerful as hell, and speed is always appreciated. Shield also comes in handy on occasion. With my volt I rock a magnetic Gorgon, magnetic+fire Kunai, and a magnetic Glaive.

Saryn: My go-to for hunting Grineer. She's setup with a Poisonous Latron, Dual Vastos and a fire Glaive.

Ember: My go-to for infestation missions. She's got a Dread as primary, with the Dual Vastos and fire Kama to round things out.

AT this point I'm just leveling everybody up, polarizing if needed, and looking for weapons that can round out these builds a little better. Like something semi or full auto to replace the Ember's Dread for laggy matches - thinking Soma here. And maybe something besides the glaive for my Volt, but I do like tossing the thing to take down cameras.

hyp

There's now doubt that Rhino's a beast for survivability. The Galatine as well is very powerful, maybe unreasonably so, making that a great combo. Being the tank is an important role in a lot missions, but even after maxing it, I have to say I still enjoy playing as other classes more. Just a matter of play style opinion though.

same here, rhino is actually at the bottom of my list of favorites due to my "supportive" play style. so far, here's what i'm enjoying the most. mind you, i've only been able to build these frames and am still grinding away at the parts for others. nekros and loki are looking like winners from what i've researched.

nyx
trinity
mag prime/mag
nova
rhino

Unfortunately, you cannot buy the blueprint for it :(
Aww hell. Its a great gun, especially after you buff the clip capacity and max ammo and toss in a rifle ammo mutation.

I've gotten the blueprint twice now with daily login bonuses, but then again I'm pretty sure I've jumped into the game at least once every single day since since launch.

hyp

Aww hell. Its a great gun, especially after you buff the clip capacity and max ammo and toss in a rifle ammo mutation.

I've gotten the blueprint twice now with daily login bonuses, but then again I'm pretty sure I've jumped into the game at least once every single day since since launch.

sucks we can't trade blueprints, i've gotten it 4 times as a login reward.

i still haven't found my groove with it to be honest, but i think it's because i need to forma it 3-4 times to get what i want out of it. however i do plan to stick with it as a secondary corpus killer to the synapse (which I have yet to craft).

i still haven't found my groove with it to be honest, but i think it's because i need to forma it 3-4 times to get what i want out of it. however i do plan to stick with it as a secondary corpus killer to the synapse (which I have yet to craft).
Yeah, I do like it for the impact/anti-shield damage. That and meaty sounding automatic weapons are just plain satisfying to use.

And when the enemies get tough, or lag starts making them skate around, you just keep your finger on the bullet hose and speed things up until you've gone plaid with the deathspray. So its useful, and fun and practical. There's nothing quite like the rewarding feeling of watching an entire shielded group of Moas and Crewmen get dropped from a fully rev'd Gorgon firing at max speed. mmmm mmhmm

I've logged in almost every day too... Anger rising...

ANGER RISING...

Seriously though, at this point, I may as well start the long trudge to building a Synapse.

HORRORSHØW

What's going on with my elemental dmg? They're showing two different numbers. Which one is accurate?

Bd5OVubCEAAKJTu.jpg:large

Bd5ORZTCEAAHcCs.jpg:large

koryuken

Does anyone have spare ammo mutation, hornet strike, or split chamber?

I have serration and some nightmare mods to exchange/give away. (wildfire, constitution, and some other ones)

^Grimlock... what is going in the screenshots? You are not changing any mods but it just shows different numbers? I do know that the Arsenal menu is quite bugged, so that could be it.

Kurod

Banned

I have serration and some nightmare mods to exchange/give away. (wildfire, constitution, and some other ones)

I think I have a spare rifle mutation as well as a dozen or so hornet strikes.

hyp

^Grimlock... what is going in the screenshots? You are not changing any mods but it just shows different numbers? I do know that the Arsenal menu is quite bugged, so that could be it.

yup UI bugs. experience it from time to time as well.

bebop242

I've logged in almost every day too... Anger rising...

ANGER RISING...

Seriously though, at this point, I may as well start the long trudge to building a Synapse.

I've gotten the gorgon blueprint twice. My fav weapon next to the glaive (which is more fun than powerful).

Hope you get one soon, i have a friend who is jealous of my gorgon and mad that we can't trade.

HORRORSHØW

Grimlock... what is going in the screenshots? You are not changing any mods but it just shows different numbers? I do know that the Arsenal menu is quite bugged, so that could be it.
Yeah, I'm not changing anything and it's showing different numbers. I just don't know which one is accurate.

Also, sniper rifles kinda suck in this game. Or at least the one I'm trying to level up (the Vulkar).

FUME5

Grimløck;97006481 said:
Yeah, I'm not changing anything and it's showing different numbers. I just don't know which one is accurate.

Also, sniper rifles kinda suck in this game. Or at least the one I'm trying to level up (the Vulkar).

Dunno about that, I'm really liking the Vectris.

koryuken

Dunno about that, I'm really liking the Vectris.

How are the bows in this game? With the amount of enemies the game throws at you, I am very hesitant to try any slow firing, single shot weapons (bows and snipers)... I am thinking to get a bow for mastery points since my primary weapon is rarely used. Galatine all day baby :)

FUME5

How are the bows in this game? With the amount of enemies the game throws at you, I am very hesitant to try any slow firing, single shot weapons (bows and snipers)... I am thinking to get a bow for mastery points since my primary weapon is rarely used. Galatine all day baby :)

Haven't got around to bows yet, as for sniping ,the damage output, a mod or two with punch through and a faster reload mod makes mobs less of an issue with a single shot weapon than you'd think.

SnakeEyes

Banned

People seem to love the Paris Prime, in that I've seen a lot of people using it. I have one myself, but haven't used it yet because I've been concentrating on weapons like the Boar Prime and the Soma. Now that I have Thunderbolt, I may give it a go once the Boar Prime hits 30.

Very powerful. Love the hell out of Dread and Paris, for infected and Grineer respectively. They'll kill enemies in a line (including hacking to pieces in the case of the Dread) and both have great stealth properties. You can also increase their rate of fire with the usual mods. They've got high crit rates and damage too. I think my Paris is at 45% critical right now with room to grow.

The problem, and the reason I only bring them when soloing nowadays, is with lag and spread out crowds. When dealing with crowds you need to switch to something with a decent fire rate - and when lag or framerate drops bring the game to a crawl, your shots will miss the majority of the time when the enemies start skating around or playing catchup across the level. It gets frustrating.

But if you know the framerate is solid you can do an incredible amount of damage with bows. It also feels great to get your Legolas on, when you're just firing and moving and shot after shot after shot after shot takes down your enemies.

koryuken

Very powerful. Love the hell out of Dread and Paris, for infected and Grineer respectively. They'll kill enemies in a line (including hacking to pieces in the case of the Dread) and both have great stealth properties. You can also increase their rate of fire with the usual mods. They've got high crit rates and damage too. I think my Paris is at 45% critical right now with room to grow.

The problem, and the reason I only bring them when soloing nowadays, is with lag and spread out crowds. When dealing with crowds you need to switch to something with a decent fire rate - and when lag or framerate drops bring the game to a crawl, your shots will miss the majority of the time when the enemies start skating around or playing catchup across the level. It gets frustrating.

But if you know the framerate is solid you can do an incredible amount of damage with bows. It also feels great to get your Legolas on, when you're just firing and moving and shot after shot after shot after shot takes down your enemies.

Thanks a lot, that is kind of what I was suspecting. It sounds very powerful for soloing... for groups, probably not so much with the crazy pace of the match and the number of enemies running around.

PS. I want to get my Legolas on :)

PS. I want to get my Legolas on :)
Yes you do :)

ibp9H9YXaqnmRR.gif

I love doing stealth Codex runs with Bow/Kunai/Glaive setups. You get a lot of codex entries and the challenge of seeing if you can make it through the entire level without getting on the sensors.

Just remember to tweak your sentinel to keep it from blowing your stealth attempts. I usually just take the "shootbang" mod out.

koryuken

Yes you do :)

I love doing stealth Codex runs with Bow/Kunai/Glaive setups. You get a lot of codex entries and the challenge of seeing if you can make it through the entire level without getting on the sensors.

Just remember to tweak your sentinel to keep it from blowing your stealth attempts. I usually just take the "shootbang" mod out.

Thanks, I will try that. I got the Shade sentinel, and that is working out really well for me :)

hyp

i already got my grems today and the miter is in the oven, and I don't think I've legitimately beaten the two bosses even once lol.

I did and it was a fuckin marathon. solo'd both bosses. highly recommend using this exploit while you can haha.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I'm probably the clan's biggest fanboy when it comes to the Paris Prime.

The bow is amazing - it has damage to spare and it's highly efficient against both corpus and grineer, not so much infested.

You got to get used to it since it has quite a few drawbacks - charge time, slow projectile, uses sniper ammo, the projectile heavily arches down even mid range.

However once you start seeing 7k+ damage from a single shot on a torso hit, it just clicks. My record is a 20k shot on Kela de Thaim's ugly mug.

Don't let the naysayers sway you, I've bested people using supposedly better weapons using the Prime.

Technically the Vectis has higher damage potential but the bow has the advantage of being better suited for close and mid range engagements since it's not scoped.

I will concede however that due to its particularities it's not a weapon for everybody.

Damn it. So I can't even sell it for platinum?

It seems so impossible to get that Loki helmet now.

This is the nature of the game. Alerts are a bolt from the blue, and you never know what they'll offer. Just focus on leveling and opening planets, and when the alert with your blueprint finally pops, you'll be ready and thrilled.

Edgeward

At least I finally have a Mag helmet. Although it came after I moved on to Nova, but it will still have it uses in Corpus survival/defense missions.

Serration, fucking drop already/

Technically the Vectis has higher damage potential but the bow has the advantage of being better suited for close and mid range engagements since it's not scoped.
This is a really good point that might not be immediately obvious. You can zoom in with the bow and you'll need to in order to nail those long distance headshots but you don't always have to. You can keep your shot charged and use hipfire with the reticle to line up your shots. This is how you keep your full mobility while thwipping the domes of anybody foolish enough to get in your way.

Thats how you'll use it most of the time, but like I said, low framerate matches kindof ruin it whether aimed or hipfire because enemies kindof shuffle around and skate and teleport so its much harder to nail a shot, and every miss with the bow makes you wince. Doubly so when you know a solid aimed shot would drop most anything in one hit.

Edgeward

Sadly, I do not. It's alright I use it as a way to grind out my low level weapons by doing survivals on the beginning planets while searching for the thing that elude me. And so close to rank 5.

Top Bottom