• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

HORRORSHØW

Mol, do we have Acrid or Synapse bp available in research lab?
All research is done and available, I think.

Man, grinding for Frost sucks. Lech Kril is a pain to take down.
Also, is Loki OP? I just modded him for duration and energy, and I'm just mowing down mobs with the space mace while invisible. Either way, he's one of the more fun frames to play as.

SilentFlyer

Grimløck;96701948 said:

Also, is Loki OP? I just modded him for duration and energy, and I'm just mowing down mobs with the space mace while invisible. Either way, he's one of the more fun frames to play as.

I don't see any of the two guns. Maybe I'm on rank 3 and these guns have high rank req?

I'm trying to get Frost'P components. Not easy to find System and Chassis man. Played a lot of t2 and 3 ext. No luck so far.

Vereataes

Neo Member
Grimløck;96701948 said:

Loki was my initial frame and he's a blast to play when modded. I can almost perma stealth him through an entire map, which is amazing for capture missions and stealth activating oxygen tanks in survival. With a modded Galantine too, with all charge speed decreases and reach, with the extra damage you get from stealth, he can wreak anything.

I wouldn't say he's OP though due to the fact that he's basically only high damage on a single target and can get dropped rather easy. Still, he can make most boss fights trivial due to this

I agree the more the merrier, I'm just trying to consider our future prospects. Especially after February/March when there will be a hell of a lot more stuff to play on PS4. I suspect that the number of active Warframe players could drop off dramatically at that point.

Yeah... I'll probably stop playing when Destiny
releases in September.

I'll throw my voice in as one of those folks on the waiting list. Obviously, I'd really like to be part of the clan, and with the week of the Christmas holiday being the only exception (and only because I can't get remote play to work without a direct connection), I've played practically every day since picking up the game. So for me, if I was in the clan, lockouts due to inactivity would seem fair and not an issue as an active user. Where to draw the time line though is tough because, as you said, it would be nice to keep it casual if people want to approach it that way.

One way or another... I just really want to be in the clan, but I understand if there are those here who are sure they'll still be playing in 6-12 months and are looking at long term issues. As much as I'm loving the game and play it to the neglect of any other game, when Destiny comes out, if it's good enough, I might switch. I've never been into a multiplayer game this much before, so time will tell if something steals my, and other people's, interest. So make the decision you think best. Upgrading or leaving it are both logical.

Where do I find these items?

Made significant inroads into Jupiter today as well as a bunch of other missions. Corpus territory always makes me nervous. Saw some crazy warframes though... might need to have a look at some of those. Think I'm done for tonight.

IvorB, I have a spare rifle mutation that i can give away.

IMBored

Is the Titan extractor worth it?

I don't think the regular extractor is worth, because you have to keep buying the BP and there's no way to fix it. The prime access extractor BP is reusable and collects twice as much res per run, but you have to buy the prime access.

IvorB

Random loot drops, that's all there is to it. Some places drop specific sets of mods (Orokin Derelict vaults drop Corrupted Mods, Nightmare versions of missions drop Nightmare mods) but all the others come from just standard drops either as rewards for killing enemies or from lockers and storage crates.

I have a spare Rifle Ammo Mutation you can have, just send me a message. PSN: Kurt-Niisan

Why thank you :). That's very kind of you. Only if you really don't need it. I can't play tonight (flatmate has people round) but I'll message you when I am next on.

Well... I was implying that he should look up what he wanted on the Wiki and then farm for it.

The best place to get the Ammo Mutations is for the 20min reward from certain Survival missions. Flow, Focus, Continuity (etc) are all the same way -- if you're always just waiting for the random loot drop you'll never get what you want in a timely manner, then you'll just get frustrated. You have to seek out what you're looking for and farm it!

I have been working, bro! This is the first I am hearing of this ammo mutation.

Kurod

Banned
I have a spare rifle ammo mutation if anyone needs. I would have had two spares if there weren't four level 40+ toxic ancients hanging around in the extraction point while life support was depleted in the last survival mission I was in. :(

Key2001

I don't think the regular extractor is worth, because you have to keep buying the BP and there's no way to fix it. The prime access extractor BP is reusable and collects twice as much res per run, but you have to buy the prime access.

I believe the regular extractor BP is reusable as well or at least it hasn't consumed mine so far after making two of them. Not sure if it is a bug or intended.

hyp

okay, I finished off all the decorations in the clan lobby, about 6-7 items. huge lack of plastids that I had a surplus of. it's coming together nicely, great job everyone!

molnizzle

Alright, I went through the clan list again and there were several members who had been away for over 14 days. After removing those people I had room to spare to invite everyone on the list. For the time being, the clan is going to stay a Storm Clan with the 100-member limit. This will be periodically re-evaluated based on our continued membership situation.

The following gaffers now have pending invites to the clan:

• Born2Live (PSN: Ty_84])
  • Pilgor (PSN: Rogo)
  • BRocknRolla (PSN: BRocknRolla)
  • TheDrizzlerJ11 (PSN: TheDrizzlerJ11)
  • Supdawgs (PSN: Updawgs)
  • buy teh haloz (PSN: TheHiveking)
  • jersoc (PSN: Jeresoc)
These gaffers need to leave their current clan or decline their current pending invite in order to receive one from NeoGAF:

• atpbx (PSN: atpbx)
  • bLaiSe (PSN: bLaiSe_HUN)

Pilgor

Alright, I went through the clan list again and there were several members who had been away for over 14 days. After removing those people I had room to spare to invite everyone on the list. For the time being, the clan is going to stay a Storm Clan with the 100-member limit. This will be periodically re-evaluated based on our continued membership situation.

These gaffers need to leave their current clan or decline their current pending invite in order to receive one from NeoGAF:

How do I join in game?

Edit: NVM. How do I enter dojo?

molnizzle

How do I join in game?

Not sure how to accept your invite to the clan? Don't feel bad, the game does a shitty job of explaining itself. Here's what you do.

mlxhNMt.gif

From the main menu screen, press "Option" on your DS4 to pull up the Social Menu. Use your d-pad/analog stick to navigate down to the clan tab (third one down) and press "X" to select it.

Cuq1DIj.png

Bt91DDF.gif

Once you're in the clan tab, you should now see an option for Clan Management. Press "Triangle" on your DS4 to access it.

UE3xJ6x.png

2fq3bYW.gif

If you've received an invite to the clan then you should now see a pop-up to accept or decline the invite. If you already have a random invite from another clan, make sure that you decline it here as you can only have one pending invite at any given time.

c0RZz0n.png

Welcome to the clan!

Now that you're in a clan you'll have a Clan Key blueprint in the Foundry. Craft that to access to Dojo.

Key2001

Once there is room again I would like an invite to the clan if possible(not sure if you seen my other post). My PSN is Key2001

phierce

Hey, Mol...if the GAF clan expands, I would definitely be interested in joining up.

I also have 2 good buddies who play and would want to come along (non-GAF but play pretty hardcore). We're in a clan now that has everything unlocked and tons of members, but I'd like to play with GAF.

Please shoot me a message here or PSN (phierce_) if/when that time comes and if it's cool to bring my buddies along.

I am getting into this, and I have a few questions:
1) Can I get a clan invite?
2) What should I spend my 150 platinum on?
3) I was playing someone who used an ability that made a bunch of guys explode light blue and die. What was that?
4) Are the dual ether blades worth making for Loki?
5) Is anything exclusive to platinum purchases?
6) Any other advice?
7) Why can I only sometimes res?
8) Are all melee weapons as awkward and unwieldy as the starting one?

PSN is Karsticles

Edit: do I lose XP when I die?

Edgeward

3) I was playing someone who used an ability that made a bunch of guys explode light blue and die. What was that?
6) Any other advice?

PSN is Karsticles

2) weapon slots and warframe slots. Anything else you can earn/grind for. You can spend it on orokin catalysts or reactors later if you really like a frame or weapon.
3) sounds like nova's molecular prime from Nova. It makes guys a ticking time bomb that can cause a chain reaction when killed.
5) same as 2)
7) you only have 4 revives a day before they are replenished. You can buy more but that's foolish and better to just die and or wait for the next day.
8) go into your control optiona and turn off the one that says melee being attached to the direction you are looking at. It makes melee act like you expect to

Thanks. Where do I go to buy warframe/weapon slots, and are the slots locked to a particular frame?

Is there any way to earn platinum in-game?

6) Any other advice?

PSN is Karsticles

1.) Molvetica on this forum is in charge of the GAF clan. Just implemented a rule about about being inactive for 14 days, at which point you lose your clan spot. Cap is currently 100 and I believe full. He just caught a forum ban for a while, but if you shoot him a message with your ID you'll be put you on a list for when spots open.
2.) As has been said, weapon and Warframe slots. I'd also say it might be alright to splurge on a sentinel, since that will be a way off otherwise, but that's definitely a splurge. Otherwise, consider an Orokin Reactor. It costs 20 plat and will double the available skill points of the Warframe you add it to. If you find yourself loving the frame, it will be essential to later game success. They're rare to get any other way. Same goes for weapons catalysts, but I'd hold off on that until you do some wiki research and get a feel for what kinds of weapons you like.
3.) As the previous poster said!
4.) Most weapons have at least some utility for a situation; just a matter of using then in the right situation. I've seen Loki's rocking those and using invisibility. Seemed effective.
5.) Just the slots and cosmetics (Colors and cosmetic additions which are wholly unnecessary.)
6.) The game can quickly start feeling aimless. Do some research on the Warframe wikia and set short goals for yourself like, "I'm going to try to build this frame," or, "I'm going to build this weapon." That will drive you along and make the game enjoyable!
7.) As stated before. If you find yourself in a game with people who have no idea what they're doing and everything starts looking hopeless, don't waste your revives. I think I've only had one time where I ran out of revives when I still wanted them. And if you run out, tomorrow is always another day... Edit: Also, there's no XP loss upon death, but you do lose any items you picked up during the mission and whatever bonus XP would have been awarded to you at the end of the mission if you fail a mission.
8.) Mess with the camera and auto lock on settings. Even then though, heavy weapons were the only ones that ever felt right to me in melee. They're evidently reworking the melee system.

Thanks for the info! Should I message the clan leader on Warframe? What is his handle?

I am really intimidated by buying a Sentinel, but I want one. I am interested in playing Loki, Vauban, and maybe Valour. I am playing Loki right now. Thoughts on what to get?

How much does Platinum cost?

Edit: I read the Wiki like crazy. ;)

Edgeward

If you must get a sentinel, i recommend a carrier. Makes gathering materials way easier, especially in survival and defense missions where the loot drops like candy.
and so does the framerate

Platinum is sold on the psn store.

5 for 75

10 for 170

20 for 370

Q: what are people's loadouts for void missions? One weapon type specialized for each faction?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I play this now... like too much! haha.

One question though: the numbers listed on any given level (ex: 5-7) are they suggestions for your gear level? Or is it your overall level? Seems like it'd be the former, but I'm still not sure.

Thanks for the info! Should I message the clan leader on Warframe? What is his handle?

I am really intimidated by buying a Sentinel, but I want one. I am interested in playing Loki, Vauban, and maybe Valour. I am playing Loki right now. Thoughts on what to get?

How much does Platinum cost?

Edit: I read the Wiki like crazy. ;)

Molvetica PSN ID

Message me on PSN. ID = molnizzle

Understandably, getting a sentinel is daunting. I went deathcube just for reliable dps at lower levels and stuns for enemies that sneak up on you. That usefulness does drop off later though. I am leveling a carrier now, and that's alright, but I feel like maybe I should have gone for a shade given the invisibility it offers for higher level play. Ultimately your call.

You might want to consider a different Warframe for your next other than a Vauban. The only way to get the proper blueprints for that Warframe is by alerts or random sign in rewards right now, and that's asking to drive yourself crazy. Maybe keep that in mind as a future or long term goal. For now, maybe go for a Rhino or Trinity? They can be gotten off earlier bosses, so it's a more attainable short term goal. Valkyr (I assume that's what you meant by Valour) seems interesting, but some have expressed doubts about the current balance and survivability, so keep that in mind. Alad V is no joke for a boss either early on. (Not that you shouldn't go for it; it will just be a real challenge.) But the goals are your own, so set them as you will! And that's good to hear about the wiki. The game is very complex for what it actually surfaces, and research is definitely necessary to get the most out of it.

Molvetica PSN ID

Understandably, getting a sentinel is daunting. I went deathcube just for reliable dps at lower levels and stuns for enemies that sneak up on you. That usefulness does drop off later though. I am leveling a carrier now, and that's alright, but I feel like maybe I should have gone for a shade given the invisibility it offers for higher level play. Ultimately your call.

You might want to consider a different Warframe for your next other than a Vauban. The only way to get the proper blueprints for that Warframe is by alerts or random sign in rewards right now, and that's asking to drive yourself crazy. Maybe keep that in mind as a future or long term goal. For now, maybe go for a Rhino or Trinity? They can be gotten off earlier bosses, so it's a more attainable short term goal. Valkyr (I assume that's what you meant by Valour) seems interesting, but some have expressed doubts about the current balance and survivability, so keep that in mind. Alad V is no joke for a boss either early on. (Not that you shouldn't go for it; it will just be a real challenge.) But the goals are your own, so set them as you will! And that's good to hear about the wiki. The game is very complex for what it actually surfaces, and research is definitely necessary to get the most out of it.
Thanks. Rhino might be okay, but Trinity does not excite me. I like making tactical decisions. I did type Valkyr, but my phone autocorrected. :p

I wish the game provided more info. I also wish that my codex info were presented when I was making equipment decisions.

How do I lengthen the durability of my powers?

hyp

So I play this now... like too much! haha.

One question though: the numbers listed on any given level (ex: 5-7) are they suggestions for your gear level? Or is it your overall level? Seems like it'd be the former, but I'm still not sure.

good question. the numbers indicate the level of the enemies for that specific mission. the higher the level, the more health and shields they have. the enemies do more damage as well.

hyp

Your request has been granted. Gambit Vauban Helmet on Valac Europa 1 hour plue remaining.

unfortunately you need the "vauban helmet" part to build the war frame itself. the cosmetic helmets don't allow you to do that, if that's what he's referencing.

speaking of which, the chassis dropped last night to complete my parts needed to build. excited to try vauban out.

Edgeward

You can wait for the patch in a couple weeks. Not much you can do on PS4.

Lengthen durability of powers requires a mod to drop, continuity. And then leveling it up by fusion with fusion cores.

IvorB

Molvetica PSN ID

For sure Alad V is no f**king joke. I witnessed her owning myself and multiple Tenno operatives last night. I feel sorry for anyone trying to farm anything off her.

Thanks. Rhino might be okay, but Trinity does not excite me. I like making tactical decisions. I did type Valkyr, but my phone autocorrected. :p

I wish the game provided more info. I also wish that my codex info were presented when I was making equipment decisions.

How do I lengthen the durability of my powers?

Trinity is a weird one, but one of the frames I've enjoyed the most. Oddly enough, it's "healing" power ends up allowing for an extremely powerful attack against bosses. It's a much more offensive frame than it lets on. Rhino is a solid choice and is great for survivability even on tough challenges.

I agree about the codex. I think it's probably a symptom of Damage 2.0 being fairly new, and hopefully they change it.

Not sure what you mean about power "durability." Different mods will effect everything from power strength to power energy use. You can also upgrade each mod under your arsenal by selecting it and then "fusing." It costs quite a few credits and requires spare mods you no longer want, but as you get to tougher levels, you'll need the mods upgraded to boost your stats.

Top Bottom