• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Thanks for all that info, Dreamgazer.

Question: how do I get the "Combined" status effects?
see:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

&
damage-2-combined-elements.png

Wow, so even physical weapons have status effects...I had NO idea. What if the weapon is evenly split between all 3 physical damage types?

What gives my weapon a status? I have these mods that say something like "+15% chance to have a fire effect", but I don't have any status to attach to my weapons in the first place.

I've never seen a proc on my physical weapon for any of these. o_O

Wow, so even physical weapons have status effects...I had NO idea. What if the weapon is evenly split between all 3 physical damage types?
It can proc all three, depending. I'm pretty sure I've suffered all three physical status effects from fighting Grineer lately, and many of their weapons are evenly split across damage types. Those damn butchers are good at making me bleed though, milliseconds before my Carrier shotguns them into eternity that is.

What gives my weapon a status? I have these mods that say something like "+15% chance to have a fire effect", but I don't have any status to attach to my weapons in the first place.
Your weapon's impact damage + penetration damage + slash damage = total physical damage. 15% of that total physical damage is then added to your weapon's damage as fire.

koryuken

So each weapon has a default critical and status chance.

Take the following Soma stats for example:
Crit Chance 30.0%
Crit Damage 300.0%
Status Chance 7.0%

Soma has a really high Crit Chance compared to other similar rifles. This is why most people go for crit builds with the Soma, as you just need an additional 70% crit chance boost from point strike to hit 100% crit chance.

Vice versa, Soma has a really low status chance, so you wouldn't create a status chance build around it.

Dreamgazer,

I read that none of the MOD bonuses are additive, they are all multiplicative.

In case of Soma having a Crit Chance 30.0%, if you add 100% Point Stike mod, your critical percent will now be 60%. I don't think there is any way to get your critical % to 100% with any weapon.

Dreamgazer,

I read that none of the MOD bonuses are additive, they are all multiplicative.

In case of Soma having a Crit Chance 30.0%, if you add 100% Point Stike mod, your critical percent will now be 60%. I don't think there is any way to get your critical % to 100% with any weapon.

Yeah, I stated that I was thinking when I typed that.
See the later posts :)

koryuken

BTW I wanted to thank everyone for all of the Void runs/alert runs. Its really been great being part of the GAF guild. I think i would be getting bored of the grind by now if it wasn't for the awesome people in the guild. It really adds a lot to the fun factor.

BTW, Grakata was recently buffed (better crit/proc chance, more damage) on the PC side along with the bolt weapons. So Grakata will not be completely useless anymore when we get the update on PS4. Probably still not that useful, though.

FUME5

Congrats SnakeEyes for finally getting that Frost Prime cooking!
Lucky bastard.

Also, as was said on the last page, currently the Synapse is the only weapon capable of 100% crit chance.

SnakeEyes

Banned
BTW, Grakata was recently buffed (better crit/proc chance, more damage) on the PC side along with the bolt weapons. So Grakata will not be completely useless anymore when we get the update on PS4. Probably still not that useful, though.

You said it yourself.

Also, PC players have also gotten a new weapon called the Tysis. Can anyone else say "Acrid 2.0"?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Congrats SnakeEyes for finally getting that Frost Prime cooking!
Lucky bastard.

Thank you, thank you. When I get home from work today I should be able to get Frost Prime in the oven. Might be time to buy a few more WarFrame slots as well, since it'll be my 11th Frame.

I would be rocking the soma tonight if I didn't fail the damn mastery test last night. I think I can get it done now that I know what im supposed to do. One more night with my sad latron prime...

Btw will the xp that I earned today be added on once I level up?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I would be rocking the soma tonight if I didn't fail the damn mastery test last night. I think I can get it done now that I know what im supposed to do. One more night with my sad latron prime...

Btw will the xp that I earned today be added on once I level up?
My brain says yes, but that's only because I noticed once that my Exp Bar had started receiving experience points even though I hadn't taken the Lvl 6 test last time.

I may be wrong though, and it culd have just been a craaaaaazy dream~!

I am working on unlocking maps rather than ranking frames.
Yeah, me too for the most part. The added benefits here is that the more missions you unlock the more alerts that you can run through. Most of sessions these days are just me just doing a half dozen alerts and maybe a specific mission or two.

Outside of unlocking locations I might be running lower level missions to try out new weapons or level something up that I've just polarized. And then again sometimes I just need a neurode or something so find myself killing everything on Earth. Depends.

Most of my frames are low level right now so am working my way back up to tackling the outer planets where I still have plenty of missions to unlock.

So I decided to go back and farm out the last piece of Valkyr I needed with the Alad V and Zanuka boss fight. It remains the most frustrating fight I've encountered in the game.

It isn't because of the boss is overly hard, though it certainly is quite a challenge at lower levels, but rather because people still evidently haven't figured out how to kill them. I'd say 1/3 games I run on them I actually get people that understand you can't just continuously attack Alad V. Most of the time it's just this continuous circle of idiots never doing anything but downing Alad and letting Zanuka revive. Doesn't even matter if I tell people what they need to do to finish the fight, the idiocy continues unabated. Why is that?

As someone wise once said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

It can proc all three, depending. I'm pretty sure I've suffered all three physical status effects from fighting Grineer lately, and many of their weapons are evenly split across damage types. Those damn butchers are good at making me bleed though, milliseconds before my Carrier shotguns them into eternity that is.

Your weapon's impact damage + penetration damage + slash damage = total physical damage. 15% of that total physical damage is then added to your weapon's damage as fire.
Once I add fire damage in, does the status change to fire?

Once I add fire damage in, does the status change to fire?
I want to say yes, because you will definitely proc fire after slotting a fire mod in. But I don't know the exact inner workings. Maybe you can still proc the other effects too, like piercing and slash? Not sure.

Good question.

I'm also not entirely sure how armor factors into this and whether it acts as damage mitigation across all types at different rates.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So, turns out increased duration makes Saryn ultimate do less damage while reducing duration makes it deal more damage.

What the heck, Digital Extremes, what the heck.

I want to say yes, because you will definitely proc fire after slotting a fire mod in. But I don't know the exact inner workings. Maybe you can still proc the other effects too, like piercing and slash? Not sure.

Good question.

You can definitely proc piercing/slash/impact effects in addition to elements. You'll see the little symbol pop up that represents it. I've seen it happen quite often with my Soma.

It seems there is no generally good weapon. I wish there were more weapons like Seer, with balanced damage. I don't like changing my gear each level. I like to go more of a general style.

hyp

vauban is a really interesting frame, essentially the ranger or trapper class of the game. pulled it out the oven today and there are 3 really useful abilities (bastille, vortex, and tesla) rather than the 2 I'm finding most frames to have.

anyone care to share their builds or what they like to specialize in with vauban?

ParityBit

Is thee a video of the second hacking test? I think level 6 test? I did the first hacking test. I just leveled.

Edit: wait the wiki says it's both a hacking and a target test. Which might it be?

Okay, so I did my first void survival and made it to 6 min before bailing. I got credits, and next to the credits were some other thingsng that was white with a fancy design with a number below it. What is that?

Also, which Sentinel should I make for Loki?

Edit: and I got Forma. What is a smart thing to do with it?

I don't suppose the shotgun scavenger mod is worthwhile on the market?

Kurod

Banned
vauban is a really interesting frame, essentially the ranger or trapper class of the game. pulled it out the oven today and there are 3 really useful abilities (bastille, vortex, and tesla) rather than the 2 I'm finding most frames to have.

anyone care to share their builds or what they like to specialize in with vauban?

Duration and range for bastille. Flow, streamline, and e syphon for more bastille. Seriously bastille is incredible. It makes survival and endless defense sooo much easier. I don't even bother with slotting vortex for now because of the issue with it crashing the game for people.

Kurod

Banned
Is thee a video of the second hacking test? I think level 6 test? I did the first hacking test. I just leveled.

Edit: wait the wiki says it's both a hacking and a target test. Which might it be?

Rank 6 test is marksmanship. I kinda got caught off guard and did it with my Hek.

foxdvd

Expanding on that, let's talk about the Grakata:

Crit Chance 25.0%
Crit Damage 200.0%
Status Chance 20.0%

The Grakata is often criticized as the poor man's soma.

Why? cause obviously the crit chance are lower and the crit damage are lower.

However, Grakata is still favored for those (PC players) who has the mods to build a crit + status chance weapon around it.

The Grakata was buffed to these stats on the pc, our ps4 version is still I think 10% crit and a lot less status chance. My sons Grakata is a beast on the pc. That status chance with the fire rate is nothing to make fun of. With only 5% less crit chance and 100% less crit damage (this is big I admit) the overall dps is still about 30% less than the soma, but the status chance is HUGE on this thing.

hyp

Duration and range for bastille. Flow, streamline, and e syphon for more bastille. Seriously bastille is incredible. It makes survival and endless defense sooo much easier. I don't even bother with slotting vortex for now because of the issue with it crashing the game for people.

right on, figured this would be an energy hungry frame. i got the blueprint for the helmet that increases power duration as well. any idea if tesla becomes useless at higher level play? I'm enjoying throwing grenades into crowds of enemies in survival and for the most part they've been really effective.

foxdvd

So, turns out increased duration makes Saryn ultimate do less damage while reducing duration makes it deal more damage.

What the heck, Digital Extremes, what the heck.

as pointed out above this is on the pc only at this point. I hope and pray this comes to the ps4 version just for one patch. I know it will make some mad but the idea of using fleeting exp on my Saryn and getting 5000-6000 damage per 25 energy cast makes me actually want to use my Saryn, especially with a Nova on the team. I am afraid though that they will catch this problem for the ps4 patch.

foxdvd

right on, figured this would be an energy hungry frame. i got the blueprint for the helmet that increases power duration as well. any idea if tesla becomes useless at higher level play? I'm enjoying throwing grenades into crowds of enemies in survival and for the most part they've been really effective.

Just to add, on infested defense mission the bastille is a beast.

On my warframe I have of course Bastille...I am using tesla for now until they patch the problem with vortex. I have fully leveled up Continuity and Constitution to get my duration for the bastille up. Flow and streamline to get the cost down, and give me more energy. Stretch and a 1 point overextened to get the range up 75% (and only drop the number of enemies held by 1) Then I finish it off with a high level redirection and 54% blind rage. This combo on defense missions puts up a bastille that covers a HUGE part of the map. Will hold 16 enemies at once. Stays up most of the fight. Since I don't have to spam my power I never have energy problems even during long missions when I have to cast it more than once.

The range is so good now on this that it actually works against weapon enemies as well now. Before I got that range up to half a football field, it seemed like most enemies would stop just outside the lift and shoot you. Not a problem anymore.

Kurod

Banned

Honestly, I don't think they hold up very well. They're fun to use as you can stick them on anything (walls, enemies, hostage npc's, or other players). The damage isn't so great but they can still proc a knockdown or stun occasionally.

Another question in addition to my previous post: I tried to trade platinum for a streamline, but the game would not let me offer platinum. Why?

phierce

Another question in addition to my previous post: I tried to trade platinum for a streamline, but the game would not let me offer platinum. Why?
Guessing you got the "trade failed" message? That seems happen from time to time with with any kind of trade...not just plat. Not sure why, other than it just being buggy.

FUME5

Just to add, on infested defense mission the bastille is a beast.

On my warframe I have of course Bastille...I am using tesla for now until they patch the problem with vortex. I have fully leveled up Continuity and Constitution to get my duration for the bastille up. Flow and streamline to get the cost down, and give me more energy. Stretch and a 1 point overextened to get the range up 75% (and only drop the number of enemies held by 1) Then I finish it off with a high level redirection and 54% blind rage. This combo on defense missions puts up a bastille that covers a HUGE part of the map. Will hold 16 enemies at once. Stays up most of the fight. Since I don't have to spam my power I never have energy problems even during long missions when I have to cast it more than once.

The range is so good now on this that it actually works against weapon enemies as well now. Before I got that range up to half a football field, it seemed like most enemies would stop just outside the lift and shoot you. Not a problem anymore.

Niiice.

Can't help you mate, just about every session one of the clan offers to trade me one of the mods I need and I forget everytime, so, haven't tried trading yet.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
as pointed out above this is on the pc only at this point. I hope and pray this comes to the ps4 version just for one patch. I know it will make some mad but the idea of using fleeting exp on my Saryn and getting 5000-6000 damage per 25 energy cast makes me actually want to use my Saryn, especially with a Nova on the team. I am afraid though that they will catch this problem for the ps4 patch.

Pfew ok.

This is some crazy bug then.

Kurod

Banned

That's weird. You should be able to trade platinum. If you still need streamline I have an extra one. I don't have access to a trading kiosk though so someone would have to invite me to the dojo.

Is Grakata 20% status or 10? My codex says 10. I want to try a confusion status build.

That's weird. You should be able to trade platinum. If you still need streamline I have an extra one. I don't have access to a trading kiosk though so someone would have to invite me to the dojo.
That would be great, but let me give you some plat if I can figure this out...

I don't have invite privileges, right? I understand that to be an officer-only thing.

Guessing you got the "trade failed" message? That seems happen from time to time with with any kind of trade...not just plat. Not sure why, other than it just being buggy.
That wasn't it. I hit X, selected Platinum for trading, and then if I hit R1 it did not do anything. I mashed all my buttons like a pro, but the play number would not go up.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Are extractors worth making? Do they pay for themselves and then some? Should I get one instead of a Sentinel?
Titan Extractors? Yes, when you've dropped some time into the game and have credits to spare. I have 8 or so right now, because in a later patch you'll be able to run them simultaneously. They're great for topping up your resource pool.

Liljagare

Fun game, starting to get a handle on things, but in solo, my dang Ps4 went from NAT 2 to STRICT, can't figure out what happened on the router.. No fun to play a online mission just fine, and then at the end, CONNECTION LOST.. :)

On a sidenote, just how far can you get w. soloing?

SnakeEyes

Banned
That's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the Latron Prime yet, 10 of my 17 Orokin Cells is a big drop for a gun I may not like.

The Latron Prime is a good gun, it's worth it. As has been mentioned a page or two back, it's a great mid-long range rifle that can stack some very good numbers.

Top Bottom