• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

SnakeEyes

Banned
Grimløck;97154090 said:
Finally got Hammer Shot after 9 consecutive Nightmare runs:

Bd_NEweCcAALRNk.jpg:large

Just ran solo capture with Loki. Each run took about 3 mins.

... Bastard :p

FUME5

Grimløck;97154090 said:
Finally got Hammer Shot after 9 consecutive Nightmare runs:
Just ran solo capture with Loki. Each run took about 3 mins.

Huh, didn't realise the art was the same for Fortitude and Vigour.

Have Trinity and Valkyr unranked, plus starting to build Nekros and almost got the parts for Mag Prime.

That's 8 warframes so far. No idea which one to use next.

ParityBit

Good job! It was me that mentioned remote play a couple of days ago on the clan chat. To be honest I play Warframe via remote play the majority of the time and I've not had a problem with it. Controls are a bit wonky but that should be resolved once the next patch is released.

Hopefully you'll be pleased with your purchase.

How do I best set it up for remote play? I have my ps4 wired to a switch and direct into my router. Vita wireless to the wifi on my router or ps4 or what, and how?

Also any advice for accessories? I picked up a hori screen protector. That decent/needed? What about a case?

Edgeward

Hori protector is the best of the bunch.

you can also look into a grip so that you aren't accidentally touching the rear touch.

As far as case, I bought the travel pouch instead of a hard case. Took it with me overseas on a trip and it worked out good for me.

you can also look into a grip so that you aren't accidentally touching the rear touch.

Got any recommendations on that grip add-on? I love my Vita, but I often find I don't play it because it cramps my hands. People seem to recommend grips, but I don't know what's good.

Yeah sorry brain fart =(

No problem. There's so much going on in this game that it's hard to keep it straight. The only reason I knew was because I freaked out when it happened and did a bunch of research to confirm. Hopefully DE gets back to me tomorrow with a fixed Reactor or 20 plat to get a new one...

Edgeward

This

or

this

Is what is easily available, cheap, and fits well. The latter option I have myself and initially the vita doesn't fit in snuggly as it's a bit loose at first. That is easily solved by sticking some folded papers underneath and taping it.

There is actually a Hori grip people swear by, but it's been discontinued and what's out there isn't sold at a decent price.

Got all the Mag Prime parts today, now just need to farm morphics. ugh, I swear I never have enough of these. Everything else, I have in bunches.

Seconded. 47% crit chance, critting for 18K every two shots.
Thirded. I'm still leveling it up but now that I have Serration, Multishot, Infected Clip, a Penetration buff and a Critical Chance buff (and extended clip at the moment) slotted in this thing is tearing Grineer to shreds.

Aim at the face of the armored heavies and center of mass for light armored enemies and watch it decimate.

This is actually the weapon I was hoping would fill in for my Paris for aimed shots and high per-shot damage but that could also manage crowds and lag and low framerates. So far its working like a charm. Semi-auto means its stable, only eats the ammo you want it to (and has never even come close to getting low) and you can always increase your own rate of fire if you need that little something extra.

Its a solid primary.

Is the direct connect option turned on? Have you also tried port forwarding? When I'm about 40 ft away the connection holds up great for me. Played over the weekend on AC4 for hours without the connection dropping.

I reset the settings on the vita and registered it with the PS4 again. While direct connection was still enabled, I'm pretty sure somewhere along the line it had lost the connection and opted to try via the internet and never switched back... Seems much better now, more like I remember when trying it out around launch.

Edit: Tried it in my office this morning (Second bedroom in my apartment) - general lag is maybe a bit better, but it is still dropping connection constantly, probably more so than when it was connected via the wifi previously. With direct connection, if I understand correctly, it shouldn't be passing through the router at all, so what good is manually setting port forwarding going to do (also, my router def supports UPnP)? The room is about 50 feet away and a fairly appliance loaded wall in my kitchen, but the PC I am on currently obtains a 65 MB/s connection to my router via a cheap $5 USB dongle. Really, stinks, I was hoping to use this feature more, but if it only works reasonably well when I am on the couch in front of my TV anyway it's very limited in its usefulness.

IvorB

Venus, buddy. Lvl 3-5 Corpus Ext is the easiest Nightmare farming, not that the others aren't easy too.

Hmmm... I'll give it a go when I play next. I've got a few remaining outposts to clear on Venus then I should be able to access this. Why not hey?

Good to hear everyone giving props to the Latron. I was thinking I would build one myself. With my Braton maxed out I guess I need to start levelling a new gun and I think Latron is buildable. I also have a Grakata blueprint. Probably spend hours staring a rifle specs again. What would be really awesome is if you could compare two rifles on the screen in the codex at the same time.

bLaiSe

How do I best set it up for remote play? I have my ps4 wired to a switch and direct into my router. Vita wireless to the wifi on my router or ps4 or what, and how?

Also any advice for accessories? I picked up a hori screen protector. That decent/needed? What about a case?

If you like the feel of the DualShock 3, I'd recommend the Assist Grip. Buy it from amiami.com, that's the cheapest place you can get it from.

Hmmm... I'll give it a go when I play next. I've got a few remaining outposts to clear on Venus then I should be able to access this. Why not hey?

Good to hear everyone giving props to the Latron. I was thinking I would build one myself. With my Braton maxed out I guess I need to start levelling a new gun and I think Latron is buildable. I also have a Grakata blueprint. Probably spend hours staring a rifle specs again. What would be really awesome is if you could compare two rifles on the screen in the codex at the same time.

You're better off just getting the latron prime.
The parts are easy to get since void survival will keep dropping rewards every 5 min.

edit:
Extra Serration, hornet strike, killing blow if anyone is looking.
*Need vigor to drop already*

ParityBit

I see how everyone is going with these builds with level 30 items/frames.

Is there anyone out there like me who spends a lot of time buying bp's/building/leveling items? Even crappy ones. Maybe it is just my OCD ....

Is there anyone out there like me who spends a lot of time buying bp's/building/leveling items? Even crappy ones. Maybe it is just my OCD ....

The only way to increase your mastery rank is by leveling additional frames and weapons. I've got a bunch of maxed stuff I have no more intention of using further. Such is the march to higher mastery, and therefore access to better weapons.

At some point though, I assume around 6-7 mastery, you'll start getting more bang for your buck out of hunting for rarer mods and leveling said mods. That's mostly grinding work, and your best equipment will allow you to do that the most efficiently.

Why not both?
I'm leveling every frame up to 30 and at the same time leveling every single weapon I can.
The level 30 + high power weapons are just there so I can power through alerts/nodes/void missions when I can.

It isn't exactly fun when it takes 30 minutes to do a 10 round defense alert because it takes forever to kill enemies.

Why do I care about my mastery? Everything seems available at 2nd rank save a few items.

Not all of the fun weapons like Ignis (flamethrower), Soma (crit spitting rifle), synapse (crit spitting electric zapper), acrid (toxin dart gun), Ogris (rocket launcher), etc.

Your options really open up at the rank 4-6 range.

IvorB

You're better off just getting the latron prime.
The parts are easy to get since void survival will keep dropping rewards every 5 min.

edit:
Extra Serration, hornet strike, killing blow if anyone is looking.
*Need vigor to drop already*

Hmmm... Latron Prime looks nice. But I have never been to the Void and don't know when I will be going there. I need to keep leveling weapons to improve my mastery rank so I am trying to work with the blueprints I have (or can get) at the moment.

Sdoots

Today's lesson: The joke of the galaxy, the Grakata

The Grakata is shit.

You can stop reading there, but I'll go into more detail for the sake of, you know, having an actual detailed post.

By default, the Grakata has a magazine size of 60 rounds, which it desperately needs, because all 60 of those rounds will be laughed off by whatever they hit. I just looked it up on the wiki to make sure this is still accurate, because I was sure they had to have fixed this damn gun. They didn't. The Grakata still deals the second lowest damage per bullet of any rifle.

One would assume a high rate of fire would make up for this, but if anything, it just makes the issue more apparent. You are straight dumping those 60 rounds, and nothing fucking happens. Once those 60 are gone, you then get to sit and watch as you attach another ball of bullets to the handle. It's a long reload, and you'll do it a lot.

The rate of fire continues to hinder the weapon rather than help it by causing the Grakata to kick like a mule, with some of the craziest recoil you can find. Dragging down the mouse while firing doesn't compensate, either. It will actually overpower your aiming and continue to climb regardless.

What was the one upside of this gun was its somewhat high crit damage and chance, though in my experience I never saw it. With the Soma now an option, and a superior weapon in every aspect, it's hard to suggest the Grakata at all.

Theortetically, you could make the Grakata work with enough forma and mods. There aren't any polarity slots by default, so you'd have to spend some time getting there. The effort and items needed to do so are certainly best used elsewhere.

Don't get a Grakata.

ParityBit

I have two remote play questions ...

1) When you do remote play, does it turn on your PS4 fully? Or can it work in standby? I am wondering if it will change my video output on my switch if someone is watching TV and I fire up the vita to play.

2) Is there anything to be installed on the Vita to do it, or is it all run on the PS4?

bLaiSe

1) When you do remote play, does it turn on your PS4 fully? Or can it work in standby? I am wondering if it will change my video output on my switch if someone is watching TV and I fire up the vita to play.

2) Is there anything to be installed on the Vita to do it, or is it all run on the PS4?
1) It should turn on the PS4 when it's in standby, but that doesn't work for me. Says something like "can't log in to PS4." It doesn't bother me because I only jump to RP when the PS4 is already turned on, so I haven't looked into what's causing it.
My guess is that it will probably change your video output.

2) The PS4 link app will be on your PSV if you update it to 3.0. You can start RP via that app.

IvorB

The Grakata is shit.

You can stop reading there, but I'll go into more detail for the sake of, you know, having an actual detailed post.

By default, the Grakata has a magazine size of 60 rounds, which it desperately needs, because all 60 of those rounds will be laughed off by whatever they hit. I just looked it up on the wiki to make sure this is still accurate, because I was sure they had to have fixed this damn gun. They didn't. The Grakata still deals the second lowest damage per bullet of any rifle.

One would assume a high rate of fire would make up for this, but if anything, it just makes the issue more apparent. You are straight dumping those 60 rounds, and nothing fucking happens. Once those 60 are gone, you then get to sit and watch as you attach another ball of bullets to the handle. It's a long reload, and you'll do it a lot.

The rate of fire continues to hinder the weapon rather than help it by causing the Grakata to kick like a mule, with some of the craziest recoil you can find. Dragging down the mouse while firing doesn't compensate, either. It will actually overpower your aiming and continue to climb regardless.

What was the one upside of this gun was its somewhat high crit damage and chance, though in my experience I never saw it. With the Soma now an option, and a superior weapon in every aspect, it's hard to suggest the Grakata at all.

Theortetically, you could make the Grakata work with enough forma and mods. There aren't any polarity slots by default, so you'd have to spend some time getting there. The effort and items needed to do so are certainly best used elsewhere.

Don't get a Grakata.

Okay. Thanks for the intel, man. Latron it is then.

Funnily enough I maxed out the Grakata a while ago and it kills pretty much anything very quickly.
That crit chance of 25% looks great on paper, especially given the clip size and fire rate. That's what I'd work off of if I had one anyway. That and putting in some elemental damage in there to take advantage of that 20% status chance.

ParityBit

1) It should turn on the PS4 when it's in standby, but that doesn't work for me. Says something like "can't log in to PS4." It doesn't bother me because I only jump to RP when the PS4 is already turned on, so I haven't looked into what's causing it.
My guess is that it will probably change your video output.

2) The PS4 link app will be on your PSV if you update it to 3.0. You can start RP via that app.

Oh man, oh well. Most of the time I will be home playing something remotely. I just do not want to shock my wife if she is watching TV.

Born2Live

1) Yes when you do remote play as long as your PS4 is in standby it should turn the PS4 on fully. On my TV when I turn remote play on it doesn't automatically change the output if somebody is watching the, it does change if I turn it on with the controller.

2) What bLaiSe said.

I honestly don't know why people keep saying they need to "put off a section/weapon of the game" cause they need to level everything for mastery rank.

According to the wiki, you'll reach rank 14 by getting all the mastery points in game, but the benefit pretty much stops at 8.

I got to rank 7 yesterday just by farming and leveling most of my warframes to 30 + crafting the weapons I want to try. I'll eventually craft everything if I can, but that hasn't stopped me from just skipping ahead and go with the better weapons.

Really, skipping straight to a Paris Prime, Latron Prime, dojo weapon etc aren't going to hinder your progress. If anything, they'll help you level your frames better (as better weapons), conserve your crafting materials and last but not least...

THE VOID IS CALLING.

------------------------------------------------

Also: Clear the nodes. Each node you clear is 100 mastery points (1 weapon level.) It'll open up alert options, extractors and you'll have to do it anyway if you want to farm frames anyway.

bLaiSe

I honestly don't know why people keep saying they need to "put off a section/weapon of the game" cause they need to level everything for mastery rank.

According to the wiki, you'll reach rank 14 by getting all the mastery points in game, but the benefit pretty much stops at 8.

I got to rank 7 yesterday just by farming and leveling most of my warframes to 30 + crafting the weapons I want to try. I'll eventually craft everything if I can, but that hasn't stopped me from just skipping ahead and go with the better weapons.

Really, skipping straight to a Paris Prime, Latron Prime, dojo weapon etc aren't going to hinder your progress. If anything, they'll help you level your frames better (as better weapons), conserve your crafting materials and last but not least...

THE VOID IS CALLING.

------------------------------------------------

Also: Clear the nodes. Each node you clear is 100 mastery points (1 weapon level.) It'll open up alert options, extractors and you'll have to do it anyway if you want to farm frames anyway.

Oh, that's good to know.
Also, what's the benefit of rank 8? I was told that you only need to be rank 7 to be able to use everything.

hyp

hate to say it but grakata's more handsome cousin gorgon is pretty shit too now that I acquired the soma. can't get myself to rank up the last 3 levels of it. spoiled. :(

I will say this, if you get it early on a lower mastery rank as a login reward, it would be really useful.

Can anyone explain how status chance works, and what status effects there are? What causes status, exactly? Can I add status to stuff, like my melee weapons?

What mods are people running with their Ignis? I need some feedback :)

The usual for me:

Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber. Magnetic (Stormbringer , Cryo Rounds)
Hellfire, Wildfire, Rifle Ammo Mutation

feels great melting away that corpus shield like butter.

Gas is supposedly better on infested, but I stick with this build anyway.

koryuken

The usual for me:

Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber. Magnetic (Stormbringer , Cryo Rounds)
Hellfire, Wildfire, Rifle Ammo Mutation

feels great melting away that corpus shield like butter.

Gas is supposedly better on infested, but I stick with this build anyway.

That's awesome since I have all those mods : )

Can anyone explain how status chance works, and what status effects there are? What causes status, exactly? Can I add status to stuff, like my melee weapons?

So each weapon has a default critical and status chance.

Take the following Soma stats for example:
Crit Chance 30.0%
Crit Damage 300.0%
Status Chance 7.0%

Soma has a really high Crit Chance compared to other similar rifles. This is why most people go for crit builds with the Soma, as you just need an additional 70% crit chance boost from point strike to hit 100% crit chance As you can get to a 60% crit chance with a 100% crit chance multiplier from pointstrike.

Vice versa, Soma has a really low status chance, so you wouldn't create a status chance build around it.

Now, the question is what is status/proc chance?
So far, everyone should already know the basic regarding physical/element damages types and their effects to enemy in a rock/paper/scissor manner. That's the basic.

However, in addition that, certain weapons has the ability (stat chance %) to bring out long term/perm "status" that can deal extra damage or effects. This status procs can be identified by specific elemental effects that lingers on the enemy (electrical sparks on enemy for magnatic/electric procs.) According to the wiki, here's a list of status that can be happen base on the damage type:

Physical
Impact: Knockback
Puncture: Weakened
Slash: Bleed DoT

Elemental
Fire - Fire DoT
Cold -Slowdown
Electric: Chain Electric Damage
Toxin: Poison DoT

Combined
Blast: Knockdown AoE
Corrosive: Reduced Armor<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Gas: Toxin AoE
Magnetic: Reduced Shield
Radiation: Confusion
Viral: Reduces max health

Example:
So we all know that Magnetic will reduce a corpus' shield.
However, what happens happens if you don't completely kill a corpus enemy? After awhile his shield will go back to full.

However, if we have a 100% proc chance weapon, and the magnetic proc went through - the corpus enemy's shield will be reduced to 1/4 for an extended period of time.

Example 2:
Gas will deal extra damage to infested flesh.

Gas status/proc however will leave a gas cloud that lingers and also hurt nearby enemies.

Expanding on that, let's talk about the Grakata:

Crit Chance 25.0%
Crit Damage 200.0%
Status Chance 20.0%

The Grakata is often criticized as the poor man's soma.

Why? cause obviously the crit chance are lower and the crit damage are lower.

However, Grakata is still favored for those (PC players) who has the mods to build a crit + status chance weapon around it.

Soma has a really high Crit Chance compared to other similar rifles. This is why most people go for crit builds with the Soma, as you just need an additional 70% crit chance boost from point strike to hit 100% crit chance
I don't think that's how it works.

If you slot a mod that adds 10% critical chance it actually adds 10% of the current chance. So adding it to a weapon with a 30% base critical chance will make it a 33% critical chance, not 40%.

That's how just about everything works too, which is why the + Status Effect Chance mod kindof sucks, as most weapons have such a low status chance already, and getting an additional 15% max of that already low base value doesn't change things much.

Similarly, I don't slot Steel Fiber (armor boost) on my Volt because it only has 10 armor to start with. So, at max, I can what, double that to 20? Not worth it. Now slap that on a Rhino or high armor frame and it'll make a world of difference.

Even elemental and damage mods add damage based upon a percentage of your existing damage value - not a straight up +15% or the like.

The end result here is that you using mods to boost the positives of an item has more effect than trying to use mods to diminish a weakness of an item - like my Volt's low armor.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Because you really, really want some of those items. Soma says hi.
Soma doesn't just say Hi, Soma comes bursting through the fucking wall like Kool-Aid!

The Grakata is shit.
Don't get a Grakata.
Could have told you this well over a month and a half ago. It's worthless.
Throw your money and materials towards the Kunai and the Vasto/Dual Vastos.

You're right - it's not a 30% Base + 70% Mod = 100% Crit Chance, it's the 30% Base Stat, and then +70% of that original stat, making it a 51% Crit Chance.

Remember folks, the mods are not simple addition. They are a percentage of your original base stats. Another example of this is mods that do elemental damage - they add up the total of all your weapons base damage (Impact + Puncture + Slash) and then take that total, and create the correct percentage of damage as the elemental attack which is then added on top of your normal damage numbers.

If you slot a mod that adds 10% critical chance it actually adds 10% of the current chance. So adding it to a weapon with a 30% base critical chance will make it a 33% critical chance, not 40%.

That's how just about everything works too, which is why the + Status Effect Chance mod kindof sucks, as most weapons have such a low status chance already, and getting an additional 15% max of that already low base value doesn't change things much.

Similarly, I don't slot Steel Fiber (armor boost) on my Volt because it only has 10 armor to start with. So, at max, I can what, double that to 20? Not worth it. Now slap that on a Rhino or high armor frame and it'll make a world of difference.

Even elemental and damage mods add damage based upon a percentage of your existing damage value - not a straight up +15% or the like.

The end result here is that you using mods to boost the positives of an item has more effect than trying to use mods to diminish a weakness of an item - like my Volt's low armor.

Yep that's correct, wasn't thinking when I typed.

I'm actually referring to the synapse that can get 100% crit with a 7 point strike
Crit Chance 50.0% + 50% (100% point strike boost)
Crit Damage 200.0%
Status Chance 10.0%

Top Bottom