• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

hyp

any[/i] Warframe against Infested and (to a lesser extent) Grineer. There's not really such a thing as "good weapon for X Warframe." There's good weapons for squaring off against certain factions, but that's mainly it. After the next patch it will get even more complicated since the individual units within a given faction will have different weaknesses as well.

One could say that Damage 2.0 is obnoxiously convoluted, but it is what it is.

can't say I'm too happy with the bolded, but whatever I'll deal. it's bad enough managing multiple load outs per faction. having to worry about individual enemies is gonna be hell of a lot more management.

Sorry for reposting but I didn't get a reply and it's now a page back.

Need some advice regarding Nova and her powers.

I'm now at level 29 with her and thinking she might be the one, the one I use my first forma on.

I basically use molecular prime only, maxed out streamline helps (what other mod do I need for efficiency and where do I get it?)

Used null star a couple times, same with antimatter drop, and only just equipped worm hole as a "what the hell, I have spare points, just as well stick it on there"

Now I'm thinking of changing her power polarity into either tactic or defence and probably again after.

Convince me Warframe GAF of the qualities of Nova's powers so I might actually keep them.

Sdoots

Not retroactive? No platinum? For fucks sake DE.

Story time!

When the PC release on Steam finally added achievements, the game actually dropped to a single digit framerate because the amount of notifications coming in at one time was too much for my rig to process. I logged in and just got hammered with them. It was nuts.

That's the whole story. Go to bed, granddad is tired.

IvorB

Hmmm... I have a few bits and pieces but nothing for a whole frame. I like my Loki but it's maxed out so I should really move onto something else. I have a few bits and pieces but nothing worthwhile. Even if I had all the components to build the frames I wouldn't have the credits. *sigh*. Maybe I should just build a Rhino, those parts are easy to get right?

At what stage should one consider... dun dun da daaaaa...Entering the Void?

Sdoots

Question is for gazer.

Neural sensors are required to craft forma, so if he's not farming neural sensors he isn't crafting forma...

There was a period of time where Jackal dropped neurals in groups of 5 to 8 at a time.
Might be thinking of Hyena. It was one of those four legged bastards, though.

One could easily have gotten enough neural sensors during that time to last a while.

So have any of you dudes tried Blacklight? I tried one match and it seemed pretty mediocre, but to be fair I wasn't that fond of warframe until I played it 2 or 3 times. Just curious if anyone has any good things to say...

IvorB

So have any of you dudes tried Blacklight? I tried one match and it seemed pretty mediocre, but to be fair I wasn't that fond of warframe until I played it 2 or 3 times. Just curious if anyone has any good things to say...

I think that's an FPS so, no, that's not for me. If I wanted to play an FPS I would probably play Killzone.

bLaiSe

Fair enough.

Maybe I will make a Trinity or Rhino this weekend. Still loving my Loki but for progress we march forward.
I'd go for Rhino too. It's easy to solo the missions with him. Just put on Iron Skin and run like hell. :)

I have tried it and it's a piece of laggy shit.

IvorB

I'd go for Rhino too. It's easy to solo the missions with him. Just put on Iron Skin and run like hell. :)

Yeah think I'll go for it. It's not really my style to pick the obvious, tank choice but rather that than be a friggin' healer. I can always return to Loki later. Plus the robot boss is good fun to fight and not too hard.

Sdoots

I like it quite a bit, but not on PS4.

The game has a bad model to begin with, I mean, it's great for Zombie, they make tons I imagine. But basically, in order to be effective, you have to spend money. In game currency only lets you rent stuff, and even then, only certain things.

When you die, you can be revived. I have never had another player revive me, because the cost of such an item is prohibitively high, naturally. Also, on the PS4, to use an item in the slot a tool fills, you have to click in the touchpad. Doing that in the heat of battle isn't exactly fluid.

To give an idea of how much of a money sink this game is, here's what 50 bucks got me when I started playing on PS4. Keep in mind, I've been playing on PC in bursts every few months, so I knew what I wanted.

Heavy helmet (more armor, item capacity, slower movement, as you get heavier, and vice versa.)
Heavy torso
Heavy legs
Revive pack
Gas grenade
Frag grenade
Proximity mine
Explosive tomahawk
AK74X receiver
AK74X Rhino barrel
AK74X Rhino stock
AK74X extended mag
Copperhead barrel extension
Holo sight
Shotgun receiever (using the default parts)

Keep in mind, I would need to spend additional funds to unlock another loadout slot, so I sure as hell better be happy constantly reshuffling the one I have. Also, for whatever reason, parts that were once universal like barrels and stocks are now limited to specific categories. Before, I would be able to use my Rhino parts on an assault rifle if I wanted, but now it is specifically for the AK74X reciever.

In case it wasn't obvious, I like having a lot of options, and the controls don't let me do that very well on PS4. I can easily swap to a specific grenade for direct damage, area denial, etc on PC, but here, I just fumble about. Likewise, on PC I can sprint through a crossfire and toss some revive syringes about, and let my armor soak up the damage. On PS4, I have to click the touchpad for each syringe, requiring odd finger movements that slow my movements down and render any advantage I have from my armor moot. Sorry, teammate. Maybe next time.

Lack of a server browser, slow matchmaking, and numerous other missing features, in addition to cutting the possible options for rental and purchase in the stores, make BLR on PS4 a real bummer.

IvorB

Oh yeah... been meaning to say for a while because I was playing for ages before I realised. New players, there is an aim assist that is on by default when you start playing the game. It can be disabled in the options. Just saying in case anyone is unaware.

yesterday got a good hunting of mag Prime blue prints and Mag prime chest,

making a warframe its so easy after your first one (1hr till I can use MAG!!!), I got Trinity and Valkyr on the oven right now, some weapons and looking for credits for cooking a sentinel.

Question is for gazer.

Neural sensors are required to craft forma, so if he's not farming neural sensors he isn't crafting forma...

Where do you think all my neural sensors went?
I used them all to craft Formas.

That being said, I'm also only using 2-3 formas a week, so I'm not in this desperate need for formas. I'm more interested in crafting warframes and new weapons to play with at the moment.

Also I got quite a few formas form doing T3 survivals and defense trying to get Glaive Prime parts...

Freaking disc...

Yeah think I'll go for it. It's not really my style to pick the obvious, tank choice but rather that than be a friggin' healer. I can always return to Loki later. Plus the robot boss is good fun to fight and not too hard.

You will return to loki later.

When you approach late end game stuff, Loki's decoy/invisibility/Radical Disarm combo will be a much more viable option to Rhino's iron skin/rhino stomp when it comes to emergency revives or rushing to the oxygen capsule. This is even more true if you're going to do end game stuff solo.

Need to get back to clearing some more planets, but taking a bit of time off to powerlevel my trinity.

Finally raised the funds to build my carrier, and scored some interesting blueprints form login rewards this week, mainly an orokin catalyst and some dual axes.

Sdoots

You will return to loki later.

When you approach late end game stuff, Loki's decoy/invisibility/Radical Disarm combo will be a much more viable option to Rhino's iron skin/rhino stomp when it comes to emergency revives or rushing to the oxygen capsule. This is even more true if you're going to do end game stuff solo.

While this is true, you shouldn't discount the usefulness of a good Rhino. It's never a bad thing to have a big bullet sponge on hand to fall back behind.

This is speaking in regards to team play, of course. Solo, I would rather have versatility than straight beefiness any day.

molnizzle

Need some advice regarding Nova and her powers.

Sure. I'll share what I've come to appreciate about Nova, the build that I currently use and the build that I wish I used.

I'm now at level 29 with her and thinking she might be the one, the one I use my first forma on.

Good plan. Most Warframes need at least 1-2 Forma to fully max out. Nova is one of the more useful frames in the game, so if you enjoy playing her then you should definitely Forma.

I basically use molecular prime only, maxed out streamline helps (what other mod do I need for efficiency and where do I get it?)

Used null star a couple times, same with antimatter drop, and only just equipped worm hole as a "what the hell, I have spare points, just as well stick it on there"

Molecular Prime is obviously Nova's primier ability, but don't write off Antimatter Drop. If charged correctly you can easily hit 30k+ damage from one explosion. It's one of the most useful nukes in the entire game because you can actually scale it up as much as you want when facing higher level enemies.

I initially thought that Worm Hole was kind of a waste but it's actually extremely useful. I suppose it's not "required," but it's very helpful for reaching the hidden areas and navigating the parkour rooms in the Void. You can also use it to position yourself in high areas where enemies cannot reach you, or even as a "get me the fuck out of here" ability when you get swarmed.

Null Star is pretty useless though. Forma a Defense polarity over its slot. Even in the event that you want to bring it along for some reason (what that reason is, I wouldn't know) it has a mod cost of 3 when maxed out. If it's placed in a matching slot it's brought down to 2. That 1 mod cost isn't gonna kill you. Especially since in all likelihood you'll never include Null Star in your spec.

The other Efficiency mod is Fleeting Expertise. It's a Corrupted mod so it comes from the Orokin Vaults hidden within the Derelicts. Look all of this up on the Wiki if you haven't done any Vault runs yet.

Now I'm thinking of changing her power polarity into either tactic or defence and probably again after.

Good plan. If I had it to do over again, that's exactly what I'd have done as well. I Forma'd my Nova before I realized that I wanted to use Worm Hole so I made the boneheaded mistake of overriding two ability slots rather than 1. Here's my current Nova spec:

I'm just barely getting by with Focus and Blind Rage in the "V" slots. That works out decently for low and mid-level enemies since together the mods fully counter the -60% Power Strength hit from Overextended. I'm losing a mere 24 points of damage off of each Molecular Prime blast while the radius is nearly doubled (90% increase). That radius increase includes both the casting radius for applying the Prime to enemies and also the explosion radius when each individual Prime goes off.

In retrospect, I should have kept Worm Hole's ability slot intact and Forma'd over one of the "V" slots with a Defensive symbol for Overextended. In that situation I would keep Focus in the one remaining "V" slot, drop Blind Rage completely and replace it with Overextended (after the slot was Forma'd to Defensive polarity), and bring in Stretch to round everything out. That setup would allow me to use a Rank 3/4 Fleeting Expertise rather than a maxed one since I'd no longer have to compensate for Blind Rage. I'd still Forma another Defensive slot for Redirection/Vitality, but I'd leave one of the stock "V" slots intact for Focus.

If you crunch the numbers there you'll notice that my Molecular Prime blasts would only do 560 damage (rather than the normal 800) with that build. That's fine. Against high-level enemies Molecular Prime cannot one-shot-kill anyway. The real benefit of the ability is the speed and damage debuffs. Enemies taking +200% increased damage from all party members is huge, and arguably a requirement for advancing to high wave numbers in Endless Defense or long durations in Survival

By prioritizing Range over Strength, the casting radius for Molecular Prime will be increased to 58.75m -- more than double the ability's stock range of 25m. The explosion radius when an enemy dies will also be increased from 15m to 35.25m. Do not underestimate how awesome that explosion radius increase is. You'll likely find your Primes doing overall higher damage despite the lower base number for each explosion, since each individual explosion will hit just about every enemy in the room rather than only the ones close to it.

Yeah, fuck it. I'm gonna go ahead and Forma a third time and get rid of one of the "V" slots. If you plan it smartly from the get-go you'll be able to get away with just two Formas. Learn from my mistakes!

tl;dr - Forma two Defensive slots, one over a Warframe ability slot (top left corner) and one over a "V" slot (next one over). Leave one "V" for Focus. Prioritize Range over Strength.

Sdoots

Stuff was here, it's gone now

Replace an ability so you can get more stats...

You are fucking insane. You have lost your mind, someone needs to come and take your items away from you before you hurt yourself. Seriously, someone help this man.

That's goddamn genius you maniac

How do you get an aura? I want the mana recharge one but I never encounter one of that kind

And what is a forma? its something like prestige your character or make it stronger?

While this is true, you shouldn't discount the usefulness of a good Rhino. It's never a bad thing to have a big bullet sponge on hand to fall back behind.

This is speaking in regards to team play, of course. Solo, I would rather have versatility than straight beefiness any day.

Well, in decent team play, emergency revives or rushing to the oxygen capsule would never be an issue anyway. And yeah, no one is dismissing a good rhino, since he is the most easy in-the-face-eat-shotgun frame to use.

It's just that if you're going have to carry a team of hotshot randoms into high level survival...I'll take my chances with Loki

P.S. Accidentally took a Mag Prime to T3 survival yesterday. That actually worked out much better than I expected.

koryuken

Hi guys, so thanks to the awesome power of the GAF clan, I was able to craft a frost prime. However, is it just me or is he a pretty bad frame? He's super slow, has ok hp/shields, but his abilities are meh. Snowglobe is good but very situational. His ultimate is ok I guess, but won't scale well later in the game. His ice hadoken is good but extremely hard To land on enemies.

Does he get good later? An I musing anything?

molnizzle

Replace an ability so you can get more stats...

You are fucking insane. You have lost your mind, someone needs to come and take your items away from you before you hurt yourself. Seriously, someone help this man.

That's goddamn genius you maniac

186Bhwx.gif

Hi guys, so thanks to the awesome power of the GAF clan, I was able to craft a frost prime. However, is it just me or is he a pretty bad frame? He's super slow, has ok hp/shields, but his abilities are meh. Snowglobe is good but very situational. His ultimate is ok I guess, but won't scale well later in the game. His ice hadoken is good but extremely hard To land on enemies.

Does he get good later? An I musing anything?

Yesterday on T3 Survival:
Dream: "I don't know what else to do with Frost besides Snowglobe"
Mol/Helscream: "That's all he's good for anyway."

I honestly don't have any of his skills other than snow globe maxed.
Granted that skill is pretty darn useful in high level defense.

ParityBit

I just maxed out my Nova last night and was going to work on my Frost P' :(

Now I don't wanna!

koryuken

I don't blame you. I want to make a nova or trinity. He's not very fun ; ( But he looks badass lol.

I don't blame you. I want to make a nova or trinity. He's not very fun ; ( But he looks badass lol.

Yeah, but it's good idea to have one leveled just for those defense maps. He's extremely valuable/important in t3 defense if you ever plan on playing with randoms.

If you can't stand his slowness (which I can't), just level him on infestation survival maps.
Snowglobe a narrow corridor and watch all those chargers group into a blob for easy kills.

That and people honestly need to learn to use slide instead of sprint more.
Slide = faster + recharge stamina.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I just maxed out my Nova last night and was going to work on my Frost P' :(

Now I don't wanna!
Do it for the Mastery. I've also found Frost Prime to be... underwhelming. I don't like Freeze, Ice Wave is alright, but I find that the only two abilities I'm using to any great degree are Snow Globe and Avalanche.

Plus, HE IS SLOW AS SHIT! As slow or slower than Rhino.

I guess I've just been spoilt with Frames like Rhino and Nova...

Born2Live

Looks like I'll be putting Frost/Frost Prime to the back of the queue for frames I want to level up.

Mag and Nova were a blast to play with and level up, Rhino who I'm currently leveling up was a slow burner but now I've got a few mods on him and maxed Iron Skin and Stomp his a lot of fun to play with.

Now to decide who to go with after I've finished with Rhino. Trinity, Ember, Mag Prime or Loki decisions decisions.

What's the deal with Oberon, when will we be able to get him on the PS4 version?

molnizzle

What's the deal with Oberon, when will we be able to get him on the PS4 version?

After the patch. Oberon was added in 11.5, our PS4 build is currently 11.0.3 I believe. The next patch (which was submitted to Sony for cert on Friday) will bring us up to 11.5.8.

Sure. I'll share what I've come to appreciate about Nova, the build that I currently use and the build that I wish I use.

Thanks molvetica.

You pretty much confirmed what I wanted to do with good advice on powers I would've dumped.
I only have 2 V Polarity cards, Focus and Provoked, I have no plan on using Provoked, it's just there to fill that space.
So I'll start with an Ability and V slot.

I was playing Survival with her in the void with another Nova, we were in a huge 3 story room and the other guy stayed on the ground floor the entire time.
His Molecular Prime was getting everyone on the top floor, I had to use the elevator if I wanted to get them.
It was then that I knew I wanted to extend the range.

AndyD

aka andydumi
After the patch. Oberon was added in 11.5, our PS4 build is currently 11.03 I believe. The next patch (which was submitted to Sony for cert on Friday) will bring us up to 11.58.

Where is 11.58 vs. PC? I feel like significant changes are made regularly to the PC game.

koryuken

Ignis comes with no polarities tho, so be prepared to forma 3-5 times.

Yeah... I leveled it to 30 but won't be using it again for the reason above. To be good, you have to forma it a ridiculous amount of times. I now understand all the love for Soma -- 2 polarities among other things, which is just sick.

MoonGred

Am I wrong in thinking that Ash has 2 fairly useless skilss. 1st being shuriken, which barely does any damage. 2nd being sword dance, while fun in low level I can't imagine this holding up later on.
I set out really wanting to like Ash but don't know how if he's worth putting time into atm.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah... I leveled it to 30 but won't be using it again for the reason above. To be good, you have to forma it a ridiculous amount of times. I now understand all the love for Soma -- 2 polarities among other things, which is just sick.

Still need to forma the Soma too though, I've done mine twice and will possibly do it a 3rd time.

ijed

Null Star is pretty useless though. Forma a Defense polarity over its slot. Even in the event that you want to bring it along for some reason (what that reason is, I wouldn't know) it has a mod cost of 3 when maxed out. If it's placed in a matching slot it's brought down to 2. That 1 mod cost isn't gonna kill you. Especially since in all likelihood you'll never include Null Star in your spec.

Good tips Mol. I went from Rhino to Nova so I've been using Null Star as a poor man's Iron Skin but besides being able to nail guys behind doors or stagger enemies while reloading it's not really that useful. Figured since I've got 375 energy to waste and it's so cheap I might as well spam it. I should stop being a noob and lrn2AMD. I don't use wormhole either but can see how it would be handy.

Don't have any V mods yet - will have to do some more Tower runs and try and get Focus and/or Blind Rage but will probably forma out a V slot as well.

molnizzle

Where is 11.58 vs. PC? I feel like significant changes are made regularly to the PC game.

PC just got 11.7 last week, along with several more hotfixes since then (current build is 11.7.3). The PC version is often updated several times per day with smaller hotfixes. Due to the certification requirement for patching on console, DE has opted to just roll many smaller patches and hotfixes into larger updates that occur less frequently. For example, when this next patch passes cert we'll jump from 11.0.3 to 11.5.8. That was like 25 patches on PC. lol

Thus far DE has been extremely slow with the PS4 updates, but the holidays certainly played a big role in that. This is also their first time deploying frequent patches like this on a home console so there's probably some learning curve there. Hell, it's really the first time that anyone has attempted to keep a console title continuously updated like this. DE's goal is to get it to where PS4 patches are regularly deployed shortly after PC, so hopefully we'll get to the point where we can expect PS4 patches every other week or so.

We'll see.

molnizzle

Grimløck;98000153 said:
Whoa. Rank 11 test was confusing. Any advice?

Make sure Marathon, Quick Rest and Rush are maxed and throw them on a fast Warframe like Loki or Nova. Bring a hitscan weapon like the Soma. Shoot gud.

I one-shotted that one with Nova.
Rank 10 took me 3 tries. -_-

Top Bottom