• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

HORRORSHØW

Make sure Marathon, Quick Rest and Rush are maxed and throw them on a fast Warframe like Loki or Nova. Bring a hitscan weapon like the Soma. Shoot gud.

I one-shotted that one with Nova.
Rank 10 took me 3 tries. -_-
fuck. i failed with loki and a soma, but didn't have any stamina mods. they'll definitely help. thanks. now the long wait until i can try/fail again.

iamjohn

I just started playing Warframe but I've failed to see the point. I've only completed 2 missions so far, which maybe why. Does it get more fun as you level up and should I continue playing?

FUME5

I just started playing Warframe but I've failed to see the point. I've only completed 2 missions so far, which maybe why. Does it get more fun as you level up and should I continue playing?

No, I only play it for Frost Prime Systems.

Frost Prime Systems.

Frost Prime Systems.

Frost Prime Systems.

Frost Prime Systems.

Oh damn after played so much with Loki I didnt notices other warframes are slow as Hell.....like Mag

I was like you then I get a warframe piece so I wanted to make one aaaaaand let the crafting game begins

Arrrammis

Oh damn after played so much with Loki I didnt notices other warframes are slow as Hell.....like Mag

If you (like me) like the faster, lighter frames, Nyx and Ash are good places to go from loki.

I love being able to mind control a lvl. 70 Grineer machine gunner and watch it tear through its allies while I sit back and watch. Perhaps a bit evil, but hey, they were gonna all die anyways, and it saves me ammo :)

IvorB

You will return to loki later.

When you approach late end game stuff, Loki's decoy/invisibility/Radical Disarm combo will be a much more viable option to Rhino's iron skin/rhino stomp when it comes to emergency revives or rushing to the oxygen capsule. This is even more true if you're going to do end game stuff solo.

Yeah Loki is too useful, man. Definitely still digging that. I popped online last night and saw I have a bunch of Ember parts as well. But I'm not really feeling that.

So looks like I joined up the clan. From the looks of things I seem to be the noob of the clan. Oh well... *sigh*

IvorB

Familiarise yourself with the wider crafting/leveling gameplay and then decide. What seems like a plain ol' space shooter actually has quite a bit of depth.

Semper88

I kinda quit.. got my rhino to 30 with some nice gear but i couldnt stand those horrifying frame drops.

Maybe its my PS4 or whatever it is but its unplayable and pisses me off so much.

The missions just repeat over and over and over again, so just clearing missions won't be the best way to approach the game. In fact, most players in here probably don't have most of their nodes cleared ("ALERT INVITE PLS!")

Essentially, this is an action game with RPG grinding elements to it. Much similar to Diablo series, you really have to play with a group and have this needless desire to constantly grind for loot/warframe/mods (which is not fun for some.)

ParityBit

Frost P' is as sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow as molasses. I think I Will only be using him for the defense missions to level him up and move on. Sad, I was so happy to get him.

Are we getting any new mods in the new patch when it comes down? I am doing the unthinkable and may track a list of what I have so I know.

Anyone have a spare energy siphon to trade? I still dont get one one the alerts, just random heads of warframes I dont own and a orokin reactor blueprint.

Dunlop

If you run though all the planetary missions, by the end will your frame be near lvl 30?

I'm hitting near the end of the earth missions and I think I went up maybe a level or 2 through the whole thing

ParityBit

Shiiiit, at least use a spreadsheet!

Paper and highlighters!? Barbaric...

This is 2014, mate. Papers and highlighter? At least use a smartphone or something...

I cant! All my technology is used up! My tablet is for twitter alert feed/game chat, and my phone is used for web browsing. My machine is in my office, so I can't use that.

Hrm ....

I could ask my wife to play secretary and do the spreadsheet work for me while I play. I am sure she would go for that!

molnizzle

If you run though all the planetary missions, by the end will your frame be near lvl 30?

I'm hitting near the end of the earth missions and I think I went up maybe a level or 2 through the whole thing

No, clearing the planetary nodes is not an effective way to level. You get the most XP, mods, Fusion Cores and crafting components from playing Defense and Survival missions. Especially Defense since you don't have to worry about missing any shared group XP due to some idiot running off on his own (assuming you're playing with randoms).

Clearing the Star Map is really just beneficial for unlocking Alerts, Nightmare Mode and getting to the higher level Defense/Survival missions. Those are the real "meat" of the game.

I am about 80% of the way through the missions and have hit level 30 twice.

I am about 80% of the way through the missions and have hit level 30 twice.
Same here but got my frames up to 30 maybe 6 times or so?

I'm into unlocking the map if only for alerts at this point. And with 80% of the map open now I could easily just do alerts each night and call it a wrap.

When I'm leveling something new I'll usually play some early missions solo until I've leveled a frame up enough to have the core powers, or to have a decent mod or two to slot into a weapon, and then I'll look for lower level survival / defense missions to really put them through the ringer.

ijed

What's the deal with Nyx's psychic bolts? I can't figure out how to aim them like the wiki says. It doesn't stay in zoom when you fire them either. and when it hits an enemy they glow but that's it? Also costs too much to use. Hope they tweak it to make it more useful

koryuken

Mate, whether he's good or not is no longer the point. I've run that many T3 Exterminates it's now a matter of pride. Or a joke.

LOL, understood. Let me know if you need some help :) I will do runs with you. Maybe I will bring good luck since Beefo and I got Frost Prime Systems at the same time.

PS. I just read that Nyx will be exponentially harder to get after the upcoming patch. I am going to make it my only priority getting her parts right now, starting tonight. Just thought that I would share this with the GAF clan in case others did not know about this.

hyp

I think, for FUME, it's now for completions sake, and also that almost everyone else has it except for him! :D

sadly I don't have frost prime yet either. what's funny is the only part I have is the systems. would give it to ya if I could FUME. =]

FUME5

Sell them for cash.

3,5K a piece builds up fast.

Yeah, I've got about 1500 mods and a bunch of duplicate blueprints, just have to get around to going through everything and selling off the crap. Which may get me almost enough credits to get another level on Serration.

HORRORSHØW

What's the deal with Nyx's psychic bolts? I can't figure out how to aim them like the wiki says. It doesn't stay in zoom when you fire them either. and when it hits an enemy they glow but that's it? Also costs too much to use. Hope they tweak it to make it more useful
Better to just stick with Chaos and Mind Control. Her ult is kinda whack, too.

ijed

Grimløck;98127044 said:
Better to just stick with Chaos and Mind Control. Her ult is kinda whack, too.
I think Absorb would be good with fleeting expertise... Haven't levelled it at all because I don't want to be sitting there for 10 seconds doing nothing before it goes off.

It's starting to seem like she would be a good solo frame (with a shade for cloaking) but not great for team stuff.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I think Absorb would be good with fleeting expertise... Haven't levelled it at all because I don't want to be sitting there for 10 seconds doing nothing before it goes off.

It's starting to seem like she would be a good solo frame (with a shade for cloaking) but not great for team stuff.

You can consider Absorb another CC tool.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah, I've got about 1500 mods and a bunch of duplicate blueprints, just have to get around to going through everything and selling off the crap. Which may get me almost enough credits to get another level on Serration.
I regularly go through fine and fusion/sell the duplicates. I think I'm at 400-odd at the moment.

ijed

You can consider Absorb another CC tool.
Except the rest of the team has to wait 5-10 seconds before it does anything... Though I guess it raises your threat level so mobs should attack you instead of them. Also noticed disruptors can still hit you and sap your energy while your meditating

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I just banked 90k selling my duplicate sentinel mods.

It's worth it to clean your stuff.

Top Bottom