• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Just got a PS4 yesterday. PSN ID is VigilantGambit. How do I link up with you guys in this game?

Also, slightly off topic, but is there a Blacklight OT? I couldn't find one.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Trophy information posted on the official forums.

Not retroactive (lol I knew this shit would happen), no platinum trophy.

Saddest trophy list ever, no boss kill trophys, no starmap trophy... seriously DE, what the fuck are you doing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/166198-playstation-4-warframe-trophy-information/

Not retroactive? No platinum? For fucks sake DE.

I can imagine Bitmap and you like this...

Facepalm_facepalm.png

Also, trophy for building 20 items in the Foundry? Formas it is!

FUME5

I need a pic of that scene in The Shining with "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" changed to "Frost Prime Systems".

molnizzle

Ugh, some dude wanted to buy my extra Coolant Leak for 50p. Couldn't offer it to him even though I had two of them. Thanks, DE!

Kurod

Banned
Anyone tell me the benefits to staying in an alert survival mission beyond the five minute marker. Because it's an alert you don't seem to get any rewards beyond drops.

I am not sure how much I like Loki, but I can't find a frame that feels right to me. I wish Nekro worked differently. I tend to like manipulating the field, but also being very aggressive. I feel like Loki needs to be permastealthed to survive those level 50+ guys. He is just made of paper. As always, insight is appreciated.

Oh, and to the person who said Grakata is getting a small damage boost: yes, but its status rate is going up to 20%!

FUME5

I am not sure how much I like Loki, but I can't find a frame that feels right to me. I wish Nekro worked differently. I tend to like manipulating the field, but also being very aggressive. I feel like Loki needs to be permastealthed to survive those level 50+ guys. He is just made of paper. As always, insight is appreciated.

Oh, and to the person who said Grakata is getting a small damage boost: yes, but its status rate is going up to 20%!

I only use Nekros for the purposes of getting loot, you let the other three frames be the big damage dealers and you just desecrate, desecrate, desecrate. Slap a Master Thief on for Tower / Void runs and watch those materials drop.

I only use Nekros for the purposes of getting loot, you let the other three frames be the big damage dealers and you just desecrate, desecrate, desecrate. Slap a Master Thief on for Tower / Void runs and watch those materials drop.
I want to have fun, though, not just farm junk. :p

Yeah, he seems kind of mediocre. I love his res ability, but it seems limited outside of defense and survival missions unless they have great AI. I doubt his soul bolt is a killer...

molnizzle

Nekros is only useful for Desecrating more loot drops. Beyond that he's mostly garbage.

Vauban is the Warframe you want. You'd love it. If you have a restrictive schedule then it might be worth it to just buy the frame with plat. Your call!

I dont think there is any. Go to five then book it
Just tell them.

I had one of those just now. I was the only one at extraction at 8:30 and everybody else put up an Alamo two rooms from the exit. I told them they wouldn't get any rewards beyond five minutes for an alert survival but they stuck it out anyway, and all of them dropped dead. They became patient enough once they were all downed. Mission success.

Nekros is only useful for Desecrating more loot drops. Beyond that he's mostly garbage.

Vauban is the Warframe you want. You'd love it. If you have a restrictive schedule then it might be worth it to just buy the frame with plat. Your call!
Vauban is my most wanted frame. My schedule is very restrictive, though. I got his helm on Friday.

I am willing to pay platinum for him, but the conversion rate is pretty ridiculous. I have the 7 day login bonus, and I read that you can get a 75% off platinum day through that if you are lucky. I would definitely buy him then. I don't mind giving money to the developer. Just not...that much for one character...

molnizzle

Vauban is my most wanted frame. My schedule is very restrictive, though. I got his helm on Friday.

I am willing to pay platinum for him, but the conversion rate is pretty ridiculous. I have the 7 day login bonus, and I read that you can get a 75% off platinum day through that if you are lucky. I would definitely buy him then. I don't mind giving money to the developer. Just not...that much for one character...

Unfortunately the platinum discount login bonuses are only for PC players. I guess there's no easy way for DE to do the same thing with PSN. You could always just farm rare mods and sell them for plat if you're adverse to spending real money. I pocketed 250p today selling some of the stuff I've been building up.

Really though, this is a farming/grinding game. Your comment about not wanting to farm junk makes me wonder if the game will even give you what you're looking for. "Farming junk" is pretty much all there is to do here... and once you've leveled the junk you have, the game points you towards new junk to farm and level. The Pokémon analogy I made earlier is a lot more apt than I think you realize. ;-)

Dunlop

Reading on the interweebs it says either a shade or wyrm is the ideal sentinel for a Trinity.

Any pros/cons to picking either? Trying to figure out the fastest way to level this frame up and support at level 10 seems pointless atm :p

Kurod

Banned
Just tell them.

I had one of those just now. I was the only one at extraction at 8:30 and everybody else put up an Alamo two rooms from the exit. I told them they wouldn't get any rewards beyond five minutes for an alert survival but they stuck it out anyway, and all of them dropped dead. They became patient enough once they were all downed. Mission success.

That's the best part. I had just finished typing it out to them for the second time when I see that I had been killed while mucking around with the UI. One of the other guys ran in and revived me but because I was in the extraction point when he did so it counted both of us there and started the countdown timer. I stayed there till it ran out.

molnizzle

Reading on the interweebs it says either a shade or wyrm is the ideal sentinel for a Trinity.

Any pros/cons to picking either? Trying to figure out the fastest way to level this frame up and support at level 10 seems pointless atm :p

Wyrm sucks, get Shade first.

Unfortunately the platinum discount login bonuses are only for PC players. I guess there's no easy way for DE to do the same thing with PSN. You could always just farm rare mods and sell them for plat if you're adverse to spending real money. I pocketed 250p today selling some of the stuff I've been building up.

Really though, this is a farming/grinding game. Your comment about not wanting to farm junk makes me wonder if the game will even give you what you're looking for. "Farming junk" is pretty much all there is to do here... and once you've leveled the junk you have, the game points you towards new junk to farm and level. The Pokémon analogy I made earlier is a lot more apt than I think you realize. ;-)
Oh I know. I hit mastery rank 4 today. I don't mind grinding, I just don't like grinding chest drops. I like grinding bosses or defense/survival.

Whew, 250p is a lot! I wonder how much I could get for Master Thief...

Also, what types of weapon mods can Ignis use? The wiki mentions adding more elements to it, and it mentions Wildfire, but can it use other rifle mods then? What ammo does it pick up? Ditto for the rocket and grenade launcher. It seems like a good weapon for Vauban.

Edit: can we still get Catalysts through the daily bonus?

Also, how do I get to the Orokin Derelict. I don't fully follow the wiki on how it works.

That's the best part. I had just finished typing it out to them for the second time when I see that I had been killed while mucking around with the UI. One of the other guys ran in and revived me but because I was in the extraction point when he did so it counted both of us there and started the countdown timer. I stayed there till it ran out.
Well, I meant voice really.

99.99% of the time I see an error that I was unable to connect to chat. For the longest time I had no idea what that even meant until that 0.01% time when I saw a text message appear, completely out of nowhere. Holy shit, I thought. You can type messages? Well, once anyway. I was able to see the text chat in-mission once so far.

So yeah, even though most people don't talk unless they're drunk or stoned I might pipe up every once in a while ;p

molnizzle

Also, what types of weapon mods can Ignis use? The wiki mentions adding more elements to it, and it mentions Wildfire, but can it use other rifle mods then? What ammo does it pick up? Ditto for the rocket and grenade launcher. It seems like a good weapon for Vauban.

The Ignis uses standard rifle mods and ammo. Weapons that deal innate elemental damage can be combined with other elemental mods to change the overall output of the weapon. For example, adding Cryo Rounds to the Ignis would change its output to be 100% Blast damage. I have 3 elements on each of my 3 Ignis loadouts; the first two combine together to take care of the faction weakness and the third one combines with the innate Heat damage of the weapon. The Arsenal numbers on my Grineer loadout are something like 1200 Corrosive and 1300 Blast.

Oh, and the Ignis is a great weapon for any Warframe against Infested and (to a lesser extent) Grineer. There's not really such a thing as "good weapon for X Warframe." There's good weapons for squaring off against certain factions, but that's mainly it. After the next patch it will get even more complicated since the individual units within a given faction will have different weaknesses as well.

One could say that Damage 2.0 is obnoxiously convoluted, but it is what it is.

Top Bottom