• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

molnizzle

It's too bad, Volt was originally one of the starter frames. It was Excal, Loki, and Volt. I still think that was a better line-up than it is now, myself.

Eh, I like the current batch of starters. If anything, they should replace Loki with Ash. Loki was the last frame I got and he quickly became one of my favorites -- but only because I already had most of the game's rare mods in my possession. I can see how new players might find him to be underpowered.

Once I'm not enjoying myself or find myself save-scumming for all practical purposes I just move on to other things. In this case that'd be this mission. Maybe I'll get a second wind at some point but right now I'm pretty sure I never want to do another one of these easter egg hunts again.

But we need everyone to pitch in for the clan. Why do you hate us so? =/

Oh man, I blame Mol. He pulled some strings so Null would get banned and forced to get on guild chat.

Let that be a warning to you all. That's how I roll around here.

lol, I just got unbanned myself. =P

VariantX

After maybe 25+ hours, finally made it to Neptune so I can start building frames. Feels like i haven't even scratched the surface of the game yet. Is it possible to find a blueprint for every weapon or are some just plat only?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
After maybe 25+ hours, finally made it to Neptune so I can start building frames. Feels like i haven't even scratched the surface of the game yet. Is it possible to find a blueprint for every weapon or are some just plat only?

A small few melee weapons are plat only but they're available through alerts.

molnizzle

Well seeing as we only got invasions in this last update, anf that was about 4 days ago, and he only appears during invasions, I figured some people wouldn't know. I didn't :/

He used to be the boss of Eris before update removed the Infested from the Star Map. He's always dropped the Nyx parts. ;-)

Well seeing as we only got invasions in this last update, anf that was about 4 days ago, and he only appears during invasions, I figured some people wouldn't know. I didn't :/

He was the boss of Eris before the update, which people were advised to farm for before hand.

Tips: Farm all the warframe parts you can before any updates :) You never know who's going to be the next volt/trinity

koryuken

In 24 hours, I will have Ignis to try on Loki. While I like the Grakata, I think this will fit his style more.

BTW, the Ignis is good but you really need to have rare mods to make it shine. I didn't like it until i got split camber max along with heavy caliber and a host of elemental mods. My setup is to do GAS damage along with Cold, to remove shields(if any). It clears rooms in seconds now, but it was very bad in the beginning.

Everything is possible to get. You just need plat for Warframe and weapon slots. The hardest weapons to get are the Stalker weapons -- which require a random/rare spawn that is difficult to kill.

I've been joining randoms for t3s and surprisingly it's been good because most of them just rush through the levels.

If I'm hosting, I tend to just rush through them myself.
For one, I just want to finish up and see my prize.
For two, I can't trust people to successfully capture the target. Especially when people just take their favorite weapon without consideration.

(don't rush if you can't cap!)

bLaiSe

Guys, I created a thread on the official Warframe forums asking for a second customizable controller layout.
If you have a Vita or just want a second layout for some reason, please leave some kind of reply in that thread so the devs can see that it's worth looking into. Thanks!

BTW, the Ignis is good but you really need to have rare mods to make it shine. I didn't like it until i got split camber max along with heavy caliber and a host of elemental mods. My setup is to do GAS damage along with Cold, to remove shields(if any). It clears rooms in seconds now, but it was very bad in the beginning.
Good to know! I can stack elemental damage on it right now, and I have serration for it. I imagine it will at least be decent. Even if it's not, I get 95% of my kills with the Galatine while stealthed, so it won't hurt me.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Let that be a warning to you all. That's how I roll around here.
lol, I just got unbanned myself. =P

Damn son, pullin' no punches lol.

After all this talk of the Boltor getting a bump, I may have to go back and forma it again and rebuild.

Also Mol, how many people are we off from having full 400pts across the clan?

The Ignis is the only weapon I've actually bothered to build 3 different Mod Sets for. So far I'm running Blast, Corrosive and Gas.

koryuken

Good to know! I can stack elemental damage on it right now, and I have serration for it. I imagine it will at least be decent. Even if it's not, I get 95% of my kills with the Galatine while stealthed, so it won't hurt me.

My current setup for the Ignis is: Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Fire Mod, Toxic Mod, Ice Mod.

BTW, what is the most damage you've done on the Galatine? I'm trying to see if I can get a "record" on a Boss. I do 30k crits right now, but I wonder how much it will do if I'm stealthed using Shade and buffed with Rhino's Roar? (50% damage boost) :)

PS. Have you thought about Bows for your build? It sounds like you would do the most damage with a Stealth weapon as a primary.

he Ignis is the only weapon I've actually bothered to build 3 different Mod Sets for. So far I'm running Blast, Corrosive and Gas.

I've thought about it and its a great gun, but not good enough to use Forma on it. I'm saving those for Synapse/Soma/Penta. I'm most excited about Synapse and Penta.

SnakeEyes

Banned
My current setup for the Ignis is: Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Fire Mod, Toxic Mod, Ice Mod.

I've thought about it and its a great gun, but not good enough to use Forma on it. I'm saving those for Synapse/Soma/Penta. I'm most excited about Synapse and Penta.
It is, but you need to Forma is like 5 times for it to be high-level viable. Not the way to go if you've got a low number available, but I've got heaps so I'll do it. That, and the Soma.

koryuken

It is, but you need to Forma is like 5 times for it to be high-level viable. Not the way to go if you've got a low number available, but I've got heaps so I'll do it. That, and the Soma.

Are you running a similar setup as me on the Ignis? Obviously with most things maxxed.

molnizzle

Alright bros, I set up a leaderboard to track everyone's progress in the Cicero Crisis event. It's not directly tied to the game or anything, I have to manually update it as scores change. I will be doing that at least once a day until the end of the event. You can access it here:

WarframeGAF.com/leaderboard

We currently have 30 members who have achieved the maximum score of 400. That's honestly more than I was expecting at this point. I'd say that we're doing quite well so far! Thank you to everyone who knocked this out quickly and got their 400. Great job.

That said, we still have quite a way to go. The top 3 Storm Clans on PC all had well over 30,000 points. We're currently sitting at 13,570. Nothing to scoff at (especially being only 5 days in), but we need to step it up. Big time. There are plenty of red names on that list that I know are active enough get 400 without much issue.

Ask for help in the PSN chat! Invite others when you encounter Jadeleaf spawns! We really need at least 75% of the clan to hit 400 to be competitive. That is definitely achievable if we work together.

I'll be around tonight if anyone wants to do a Vermillion run. I might be a bit distracted (got some cooking and cleaning to do), but given ten minutes to wrap up whatever I'm doing I should be able to bang out a run.

SnakeEyes

Banned
bad lucky for me, I only got ember prime head this day, hope I can stick to more captures void parties later

When did I get 100 points.
You could have been in a game where only one person used a antitoxin. It happened to me when I went into a mission just looking for components.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
God I hate this Cicero BS. It's not the collecting even, but when I finally do get a Vermillion antitoxin, the process of feeding it to the machine is so slow and causes the game to slow down to like 5-10 fps, pitting you against increasingly difficult enemies to the point that if one sneaks in and gets a good hit on the machine, the mission is failed.

It's much more viable to just do it in small increments.

Alright bros, I set up a leaderboard to track everyone's progress in the Cicero Crisis event. It's not directly tied to the game or anything, I have to manually update it as scores change. I will be doing that at least once a day until the end of the event. You can access it here:

WarframeGAF.com/leaderboard

We currently have 30 members who have achieved the maximum score of 400. That's honestly more than I was expecting at this point. I'd say that we're doing quite well so far! Thank you to everyone who knocked this out quickly and got their 400. Great job.

That said, we still have quite a way to go. The top 3 Storm Clans on PC all had well over 30,000 points. We're currently sitting at 13,570. Nothing to scoff at (especially being only 5 days in), but we need to step it up. Big time. There are plenty of red names on that list that I know are active enough get 400 without much issue.

Ask for help in the PSN chat! Invite others when you encounter Jadeleaf spawns! We really need at least 75% of the clan to hit 400 to be competitive. That is definitely achievable if we work together.

Y u no work on mobile, leaderboard? :(

Creaking

wat? Just have everyone put their Vermillion in when you first get there. All at once, done.

I'm so confused by the rules of this thing I'm not sure I'm going to bother. Are they actually explained anywhere in the game? I've had to look at the wiki to figure out most of anything.

molnizzle

I'm so confused by the rules of this thing I'm not sure I'm going to bother. Are they actually explained anywhere in the game? I've had to look at the wiki to figure out most of anything.

cicero8nr6q.png

Creaking

Oh.

Problem is, I'm not even in the GAF clan. I only started playing a couple days ago. I'm rank 2, I've only reached Earth, I've still got the default primary weapon, and I'm still using Mag. By 50%, the enemies they were sending in could kill me in a snap of the fingers.

I guess I could grind hard in those 9 days, but the whole thing has me bummed out. And the framerate during the defense is nasty. I could scarcely stomach getting it half-way. I had to press the trigger multiple times to get anything semi-automatic to even fire once.

molnizzle

Oh.

Problem is, I'm not even in the GAF clan. I only started playing a couple days ago. I'm rank 2, I've only reached Earth, I've still got the default primary weapon, and I'm still using Mag. By 50%, the enemies they were sending in could kill me in a snap of the fingers.

I guess I could grind hard in those 9 days, but the whole thing has me bummed out. And the framerate during the defense is nasty. I could scarcely stomach getting it half-way. I had to press the trigger multiple times to get anything semi-automatic to even fire once.

What's your PSN ID? We have open spots in the clan right now. Even during a Vermillion run, defending the Injector is a cakewalk for most of us. It's not tough to get the Vermillion either if you just keep aborting and restarting until you get a Jadeleaf in the spawn area.

But yeah, you'll have to get used to checking the Wiki for most information. The game itself tells you nothing.

Creaking

What's your PSN ID? We have open spots in the clan right now. Even during a Vermillion run that defending the Injector is a cakewalk for most of us. It's not tough to get the Vermillion either if you just keep aborting and restarting until you get a Jadeleaf in the spawn area.

But yeah, you'll have to get used to checking the Wiki for most information. The game itself tells you nothing.

PSN is Ryuhza

I actually tried the abort/restart method a bit, but oddly enough I never found a Jadeleaf that way. I usually found them when doing a injector run with a group of other players.

molnizzle

Hey guys can you add this PSN to the Clan
TheXMuffinXManX

You're already in a clan, or you have a pending clan invite. You can only have one invite at a given time. You'll need to decline that before I can add you.

is clan gaf still recruiting? if so add me, thanks. just starting out and i'm really liking it so far..psn id - JJAY_1986

See above.

Can someone send me a Clan invite? I was out for a while, but I'm playing daily again.

PSN is princeakuma23

Same situation as those other two.

Any chance I can get a reinvite to the clan? I was out for a few weeks and it seems I got dropped. Thanks!

Re-invited. Welcome back!

PSN is Ryuhza

Invite sent. Click here if you're not sure how to accept it.

BTW, what is the most damage you've done on the Galatine? I'm trying to see if I can get a "record" on a Boss. I do 30k crits right now, but I wonder how much it will do if I'm stealthed using Shade and buffed with Rhino's Roar? (50% damage boost) :)

PS. Have you thought about Bows for your build? It sounds like you would do the most damage with a Stealth weapon as a primary..
What is the benefit of a bow in a build? I feel like my partners and Sentinel make stealth missions impossible without spamming cloak and meleeing everyone.

I don't know my Galatine record, but I crit for 14k the first fight I ever got it. I see 10k plus all the time.

If you have those mods on Ignis, does it deal 3 elements worth of damage?

What is the benefit of a bow in a build? I feel like my partners and Sentinel make stealth missions impossible without spamming cloak and meleeing everyone.

I don't know my Galatine record, but I crit for 14k the first fight I ever got it. I see 10k plus all the time.

If you have those mods on Ignis, does it deal 3 elements worth of damage?

They're just kind of fun to use, honestly. Technically they can also offer a combination of explosive AoE damage and long-range sniping you can't get on other weapons (since the grenade launchers don't snipe and the sniper rifles don't cause particularly large explosions, even with elemental mods), but it's not really hugely beneficially. Mostly it's just neat.

I mean, for actual power-play I don't have much reason to use anything but Soma and Despair, but it's fun stapling enemies to walls with nailguns or hauling around a big honkin' revolver.

Top Bottom