• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

IvorB

PSA: The Corpus are invading Uranus, and there's an Orokin Catalyst in the offing.

Also, still looking for a Cicero team if anyone's game.

I'm going to struggle to take any comment seriously that mentions anyone "invading Uranus".

Are these invasions going to be commonplace? I hope they have stuff lined up for the weekend...

I'm going to struggle to take any comment seriously that mentions anyone "invading Uranus".

Are these invasions going to be commonplace? I hope they have stuff lined up for the weekend...

Hey, I'm not the one hoping to have invasions of Uranus lined up for the weekend...

According to what a friend on PC has told me, yes, they're supposed to happen almost constantly. They were actually supposed to be happening on PS4 already, but they had to push some things through certification, I suppose? Anyway, they're generally one of the main sources of delicious potatoes.

ParityBit

Hey, I'm not the one hoping to have invasions of Uranus lined up for the weekend...

According to what a friend on PC has told me, yes, they're supposed to happen almost constantly. They were actually supposed to be happening on PS4 already, but they had to push some things through certification, I suppose? Anyway, they're generally one of the main sources of delicious potatoes.

Wait ... if they invade Uranus, you get potatoes?

.... Doesn't Tomb Raider come out today?

IvorB

Alright bros, I set up a leaderboard to track everyone's progress in the Cicero Crisis event. It's not directly tied to the game or anything, I have to manually update it as scores change. I will be doing that at least once a day until the end of the event. You can access it here:

WarframeGAF.com/leaderboard

We currently have 30 members who have achieved the maximum score of 400. That's honestly more than I was expecting at this point. I'd say that we're doing quite well so far! Thank you to everyone who knocked this out quickly and got their 400. Great job.

That said, we still have quite a way to go. The top 3 Storm Clans on PC all had well over 30,000 points. We're currently sitting at 13,570. Nothing to scoff at (especially being only 5 days in), but we need to step it up. Big time. There are plenty of red names on that list that I know are active enough get 400 without much issue.

Ask for help in the PSN chat! Invite others when you encounter Jadeleaf spawns! We really need at least 75% of the clan to hit 400 to be competitive. That is definitely achievable if we work together.

Okay I've been really dreading this but I'm gonna do this on Thursday so hopefully I can get the required plants together then team up with anyone who is doing a run.

Where do I find this codex scanner from? I couldn't see anything like that in the market...

IvorB

Oh my god. You've totally got me. I was hoping to invade Uranus this weekend :).

I'm glad this is going to be a common thing. I like it when they keep things dynamic on the star map.

That's not all you'll get...

ParityBit

Okay I've been really dreading this but I'm gonna do this on Thursday so hopefully I can get the required plants together then team up with anyone who is doing a run.

Where do I find this codex scanner from? I couldn't see anything like that in the market...

It is in the market! I bought 2, just to have it. its like 500 credits.

It is real easy. What is annoying is the restarting of the map each time. When you run out of the tunnel you start in, you will be in a little lake area. There are usually no mobs to kill, just water and trees. Run around there looking for the plants (Lily or Jade leaf).

If there are non, restart, otherwise scan the plant and finish the map. If you finish the map, look for more!

Remember to equip your scanner in the arsenal screen!

The codex scanner isn't just in the market, it's on the front page under popular.

Just failed the rank up test to 7 :/ tips?
Is this the Mag pull one? Nova worm hole is 8 or 9?

Sdoots

I just couldn't help myself.

Weird, I can't post in this even though it's not locked. I guess they locked it down so that unless you log in with a PSN account you can't post in the PS4 forums. Which makes sense, I suppose, but is still shitty.

What I was going to say was, I thought you guys were exaggerating the issue all this time. I'm glad you made that, because holy SHIT was I wrong. That's abysmal.

Not as bad as the crash-to-desktops I used to reliably get on PC, but goddamn, having a stable framerate and a game doesn't collapse in on itself shouldn't be this hard.

The codex scanner isn't just in the market, it's on the front page under popular.

7 is the advance extermination test.
Take either a nova with null star/M. Prime or a Rhino with stomp.

8 is the wall run test.

9 is the stealth test that you're supposedly suggested to use MAG. I did it with Loki just fine.

The taters are sadly still pretty rare as a reward in Invasion, but at least more common than in Alerts, where they're crazy rare. If there were gold and blue potatoes up for grabs every time they invaded Uranus, well, I think we'd have to roll out the welcome mat for them!

Because we aren't giving them enough money.

The 400 dollars missing from my bank account disagrees, but alas.
Woah, $400?! That is dedication, sir. I have yet to spend a dollar on the game because I find the $ -> P conversion rate to be unreasonable. Vauban should not be a $20 purchase.

Also, I happen to know something about myself: if I buy victory in a game, I tend to lose interest in it. I tried it for the first time ever with Fire Emblem: Awakening (easy XP grind level DLC), and it really sucked the fun out of the game for me.

IvorB

It is in the market! I bought 2, just to have it. its like 500 credits.

It is real easy. What is annoying is the restarting of the map each time. When you run out of the tunnel you start in, you will be in a little lake area. There are usually no mobs to kill, just water and trees. Run around there looking for the plants (Lily or Jade leaf).

If there are non, restart, otherwise scan the plant and finish the map. If you finish the map, look for more!

Remember to equip your scanner in the arsenal screen!

Oh okay. Guess I didn't look hard enough. So plant scanning here I come.... *sigh*

Sdoots

Woah, $400?! That is dedication, sir. I have yet to spend a dollar on the game because I find the $ -> P conversion rate to be unreasonable. Vauban should not be a $20 purchase.

Also, I happen to know something about myself: if I buy victory in a game, I tend to lose interest in it. I tried it for the first time ever with Fire Emblem: Awakening (easy XP grind level DLC), and it really sucked the fun out of the game for me.

Keep in mind, I'm a PC player still, though I haven't played at all since PS4 launch besides to check each update out.

I started at closed beta, so during that I spent something like $200 for the Master tier of Founders, back when it was said to end in November. It went on til like March of the following year, which kind of pissed me off, but whatever, I bought it to support the game primarily. After that, at some point I got a job that paid well around the same time the % off Plat coupon login rewards were added, and that was just a dangerous combination.

The moral of this story, is don't get a source of disposable income, have a living arrangement that requires little to no financial investment from yourself, and be actively playing a free to play game all at the same time.

Keep in mind, I'm a PC player still, though I haven't played at all since PS4 launch besides to check each update out.

I started at closed beta, so during that I spent something like $200 for the Master tier of Founders, back when it was said to end in November. It went on til like March of the following year, which kind of pissed me off, but whatever, I bought it to support the game primarily. After that, at some point I got a job that paid well around the same time the % off Plat coupon login rewards were added, and that was just a dangerous combination.

The moral of this story, is don't get a source of disposable income, have a living arrangement that requires little to no financial investment from yourself, and be actively playing a free to play game all at the same time.
Your story is my dream! I wasn't looking to criticize your decision. It's silly when people make fun of others for their discretionary spending. I only wish I had so much money that I could throw it at a game like that!

I wish we had platinum coupon login rewards on the PS4. If I got a 75% off coupon, I would put $20 into the game.

bLaiSe

Are the twin vipers which we will get for the Cicero event better than the regular ones? I want to sell a few weapons to make room for the ones sitting in the foundry.

IvorB

Your story is my dream! I wasn't looking to criticize your decision. It's silly when people make fun of others for their discretionary spending. I only wish I had so much money that I could throw it at a game like that!

I wish we had platinum coupon login rewards on the PS4. If I got a 75% off coupon, I would put $20 into the game.

I think I have spent about 14 quid on this game. I don't want to buy any game items but I am also trying to support the devs because I am playing the sh*t out of this game and really enjoying every second. So every once in a while I try to find some kind of cosmetic thing to buy. And revives, I'm not shy to buy extra revives.

ObiDin

Just built Mag Prime and I think it's gonna be my new favourite frame. Finally have a decent Corpus killer.

There is nothing quite so glorious as 400+ kills survival runs where you hardly even shoot your gun. Pull + Crush = godly. Now if I can just find that energy siphon mod...

Are there still spots open in the GAF clan?

I think I have spent about 14 quid on this game. I don't want to buy any game items but I am also trying to support the devs because I am playing the sh*t out of this game and really enjoying every second. So every once in a while I try to find some kind of cosmetic thing to buy. And revives, I'm not shy to buy extra revives.
I could buy the Essence Loki Helmet, but goddamn is that the ugliest thing in the game.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I could buy the Essence Loki Helmet, but goddamn is that the ugliest thing in the game.

The other day I was in a squad with clanmates and we were talking about Loki, and one of us was talking that he'd start leveling his up and asked this question:

"for the helmet, which one do you recommend, the submarine or the christmas tree"

The other day I was in a squad with clanmates and we were talking about Loki, and one of us was talking that he'd start leveling his up and asked this question:

"for the helmet, which one do you recommend, the submarine or the christmas tree"
Hahaha. Personally, I love Loki's original helmet and his "Christmas tree" one. That stuff looks cool to me.

I also wish every frame had male/female versions. I actually don't understand this at all, since I thought we were a male/female who wears a suit of armor, not a robot or something (wiki confirms this). So it doesn't make sense that Karsticles is a girl one moment, and a guy the next. I don't roll that way. Give me a set of armors of each gender. It's too weird being a girl named Karsticles.

molnizzle

Hahaha. Personally, I love Loki's original helmet and his "Christmas tree" one. That stuff looks cool to me.

I also wish every frame had male/female versions. I actually don't understand this at all, since I thought we were a male/female who wears a suit of armor, not a robot or something (wiki confirms this). So it doesn't make sense that Karsticles is a girl one moment, and a guy the next. I don't roll that way. Give me a set of armors of each gender. It's too weird being a girl named Karsticles.

The Wiki is just guessing based on off-hand comments during dev streams. The fact of the matter is DE hasn't really fleshed out the lore yet and made a decision regarding Warframe genders, or whether we're even playing as the same Tenno in the first place. The fact that certain Warframes are significantly taller (or "thicker") than others makes me think that we're actually playing as different Tenno. Especially since the small amount of lore that has been written always refers to the Warframes by name, as if they are different people with different personalities:

"The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first." -Orokin 'Warframe' Archives.

Apparently the original plan was to have male and female versions of everything but then the realities of designing 2x of every character for the same amount of profit dawned on them. Really though, officially speaking, DE hasn't decided how Warframes and genders work. There's no official cannon.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Apparently the original plane as to have male and female versions of everything but then the realities of designing 2x of every character for the same amount of profit dawned on them. Really though, officially speaking, DE hasn't confirmed how Warframes and genders work. There's no official cannon.

The only thing that remains of that original plan is Nyx's model, which is essentially Excalibur with tits and a funky helm.

Born2Live

So what is the general consensus regarding Oberon, yay or nay? I've leveled Rhino, Nova, and Mag and fancy something a bit different to the massive AOE damage frames that I've used so far.

The Wiki is just guessing based on off-hand comments during dev streams. The fact of the matter is DE hasn't really fleshed out the lore yet and made a decision regarding Warframe genders, or whether we're even playing as the same Tenno in the first place. The fact that certain Warframes are significantly taller (or "thicker") than others makes me think that we're actually playing as different Tenno. Especially since the small amount of lore that has been written always refers to the Warframes by name, as if they are different people with different personalities:

Apparently the original plan was to have male and female versions of everything but then the realities of designing 2x of every character for the same amount of profit dawned on them. Really though, officially speaking, DE hasn't decided how Warframes and genders work. There's no official cannon.
It doesn't make sense either way, since if Excalibur is an individual, it's weird to have 4x Excalibur in one group, and millions of him throughout the solar system. I agree that your reasoning against frames as armor makes sense, though. The game is kind of a joke in terms of lore, with a typical human/advanced alien/insect alien spread for enemies. It's just fun to play - I would never take the world seriously unless they showed they cared enough to as well.

molnizzle

It doesn't make sense either way, since if Excalibur is an individual, it's weird to have 4x Excalibur in one group, and millions of him throughout the solar system. I agree that your reasoning against frames as armor makes sense, though. The game is kind of a joke in terms of lore, with a typical human/advanced alien/insect alien spread for enemies. It's just fun to play - I would never take the world seriously unless they showed they cared enough to as well.

Well, the "Primes" were the first for their particular Warframes. That much has been confirmed. The other ones you see are copies built for different individuals. What hasn't been confirmed is whether we are PLAYING as those different individuals or not. We don't know what Tenno look like under their armor, or if they can even take it off. For all we know that might not even have genders.

DE hasn't outright said this, but what I've always imagined is that you're actually playing as the different Tenno you liberate during Rescue missions. If you've ever look closely you'll find that sometimes the rescue target is female and sometimes its male. Makes sense to me. /shrug

Well, the "Primes" were the first for their particular Warframes. That much has been confirmed. The other ones you see are copies built for different individuals. What hasn't been confirmed is whether we are PLAYING as those different individuals or not. We don't know what Tenno look like under their armor, or if they can even take it off. For all we know that might not even have genders.

DE hasn't outright said this, but what I've always imagined is that you're actually playing as the different Tenno you liberate during Rescue missions. If you've ever look closely you'll find that sometimes the rescue target is female and sometimes its male. Makes sense to me. /shrug
But why are they all named Karsticles? ;-)

So right now I have volt and rhino and I'm thinking about building Nyx next. Thoughts? I like the big aoe energy moves that wipe out waves of people.

Except that Absorb is honestly not that good (damage is relative to the damage you receive.) and Nyx's other skills are quite boring (useful, but boring.)

In terms of AOE attacks, I would say go with an Ember (large range, longer duraction), Ash (fun) or Excalibur (ragdoll fun) for now.

Nova is highly praised, but require groups that are close to one another to chain.
Saryn is good and scales well, but the range is small even with stretch.
Mag's crush is meh, and shield polarize is more specific to Corpus
Oberon's AOE's range is small.
Loki's radical disarm doesn't kill.
Trinity's blessing doesn't kill.

Other frames have ultimes that doesn't exactly fit in the "AoE" category.

(I don't have banshee yet.)

IvorB

No, stay away from that. It's a terrible eye-sore. Also you should know that those helmets are not purely cosmetic and have status effects on them. I made the mistake of buying the Swindle one before I realised it does have gameplay effects on it. It looks okay but I have gone back to the OG reversed horns.

IvorB

I would prefer to just play as me and have the warframe as a suit that I wear. It doesn't make sense to have multiple copies of the same dudes all over the galaxy. Unless we are clones...

But why are they all named Karsticles? ;-)

Ha ha!! Who is Karsticles???

No, stay away from that. It's a terrible eye-sore. Also you should know that those helmets are not purely cosmetic and have status effects on them. I made the mistake of buying the Swindle one before I realised it does have gameplay effects on it. It looks okay but I have gone back to the OG reversed horns.

Obviously you're playing Loki wrong.
You shouldn't be able to see him at all when you use him!

Top Bottom