• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I can't tell if I'm actually in the Clan or not. I seem to have access to the Clan Dojo (or at least some Clan Dojo with two barracks and nearly-full research), but in no way does it show me as being in the Clan as part of my Profile or other interface options.

What a mysterious juego.

EL Beefo

For the Cicero crisis, the clan score is the sum of participating member’s highest scores. What that means is that there is no reason to do multiple runs after you get 400 points unless it's to help someone else. So if anybody has extra vermilion anti-toxins remember that they're tradable and consider giving it to a clan member that is having trouble gathering the materials needed. This way we can make sure as many clan members get a 400 point run as possible.

darkwing

Well I will put it to you like this. At first glance Loki does not seem impressive because while all four of your abilities have alot of utility you will feel like your underpowered because you can't kill anything with your starting weapons.

In reality Loki has some of the best synergy between his own skills and is superb crowd control against Corpus and Grineer. All four of his abilities once fully upgraded will scale extremely well in the late in-game.

Here is a breakdown of how his abilities should be used.

Decoy - You will spawn a decoy where ever you point your cross hair as long as the geometry is in range. When used the decoy will actively draw aggro away from you and your fellow Tenno until the decoy is destroyed or expires after the duration is complete. To take advantage of this ability try placing in areas that makes it difficult for the AI pathing to reach. Putting them inside small nook or crannies is best after using radial disarm.

Invisibility - You will time invisible for a specified amount of time. Use this to either help revive a fallen Tenno or escape danger yourself. Also you get a very nice melee damage multiplier while being invisible. You can really take advantage of this by casting invisibility running inside a dense crowd of enemies and casting radial disarm for maximum effect.

Switch Teleport - You will teleport to the current location of a enemy, fellow Tenno, and even your own decoy. While the target will teleport to the location you were standing when you used the ability. This is really best used to either troll other players or actually help you reach difficult areas that are otherwise inaccessible. You can place your decoy far off in the distance or a high ledge then use switch teleport to trade places with it.

Radial Disarm - When used this ability will disarm all enemies of there weapons and will begin to wield the Prova melee weapon (Stun Rod) and will only be able to use melee attacks from that point forward. When enemies they are permanent disarmed and will remain so until death. Heavy enemies units like the Corpus Tech, Fusion MOA, and heavy Grineer units go from being extremely dangers and deadly to being about as useless as tits on a turtle. While they're disarmed their melee attacks can still harm you and kill you if your too clumsy. The great thing about this ability is that it scales indefinitely. This ability is about as useful on level 1 enemies as it is on level 100 enemies. The only faction this will have not affect on is the Infested so keep that in mind.

Here is the wiki page for reference.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Loki_(Warframe)

Loki is the hardest frame to start as. You have a long road.

On that note, I am making my first frame after my starter: Nyx.

Thanks guys, I only picked Loki because I was attracted to the decoy skill lol but he really seems underpowered lol

frizby

Also, what is the best Derelict key to make?

They have different purposes, and I'm not sure whether you mean the dragon keys or the mission keys. For the Dragon Keys, make at least one of each.

For the mission keys, my take:

Derelict Defense is the new Xini. Run it to quick level frames and weapons with a decent chance at an Orokin Cell or two, and it has some great T3 key and Rare Fusion Core rewards.

Derelict Exterminate is for farming nightmare mods. Squad up with Dragon Keys, clear out the infested, and open the vault in peace.

Derelict Survival is terrible. It's really hard to get a good layout, but you'll have to play it just enough to get the Burston Prime if you're a whore for Primes like I am.

Derelict Assassination is for getting Nekros (a terrible frame BTW) parts and Orokin Cells, and there's probably no reason you couldn't bring Dragon Keys here too.

frizby

Thanks guys, I only picked Loki because I was attracted to the decoy skill lol but he really seems underpowered lol

I've recently started playing Loki, and I think he's my third favorite frame behind Nova and Rhino.

But I don't think he's a good starter frame. They should have replaced him with Ash, who is similar in ways but much more straightforward in others.

yella

I am looking for Constitution, Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise, Focus Energy, and Continuity.

I have:
Fortitude
Lethal Torrent
Power Throw
Melee Channel
Master Thief
Ravage
Reflex Guard
Sundering Strike
Thunderbolt
Undying Will
Vigor
Hornet Strike
Physique
Point Blank
Reflex Coil
Rifle Scavenger
Serration
Shotgun Scavenger
Stretch
I have an extra Constitution if you still have an extra Vigor you're willing to part with...

Enzon

Hey guys can i be a member of the clan? I don't have a lot of friends who play Warframe (0 actually) so playing with Gafers should be more fun than playing with randoms.

ID: viral_storm

Sdoots

Guys.

Guys this is important.

Apparently in Devstream 21 they said the Rainbow Bridge could come as soon as this coming week.

I'm so goddamn hyped to finally play with you all, you don't even know.

You don't even know.

30 minutes left on vauban systems.
The damn Chassis is all I need, and it went up at 2am. So stupid. All of yesterday nothing but credit farming and crap blueprints. They need to rethink their schedule.

He is not underpowered, he just shines more and more with gear. Right now I can play while permanently invisible. I am vulnerable for a whole 0.5 seconds between recasts while I run around 1-shotting everything. However, the climb here was painful.

They have different purposes, and I'm not sure whether you mean the dragon keys or the mission keys. For the Dragon Keys, make at least one of each.

For the mission keys, my take:

Derelict Defense is the new Xini. Run it to quick level frames and weapons with a decent chance at an Orokin Cell or two, and it has some great T3 key and Rare Fusion Core rewards.

Derelict Exterminate is for farming nightmare mods. Squad up with Dragon Keys, clear out the infested, and open the vault in peace.

Derelict Survival is terrible. It's really hard to get a good layout, but you'll have to play it just enough to get the Burston Prime if you're a whore for Primes like I am.

Derelict Assassination is for getting Nekros (a terrible frame BTW) parts and Orokin Cells, and there's probably no reason you couldn't bring Dragon Keys here too.
By nightmare mods under exterminate, did you mean corrupt mods? Because all I want is corrupt mods from the Derelicts, so if using dragon keys to open something or other is the only way to get them, then that will be my plan. Thank you for the explanation.

I've recently started playing Loki, and I think he's my third favorite frame behind Nova and Rhino.

But I don't think he's a good starter frame. They should have replaced him with Ash, who is similar in ways but much more straightforward in others.
Ash is also a starter frame. They should sub out Loki for Volt again.

I have an extra Constitution if you still have an extra Vigor you're willing to part with...
I just had another Vigor drop last night after trading one off, so I am good to trade again! Lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Thanks dude!! I jumped out of bed to do it solo with 2 min left!

Wife was like ... Where the F you going?

All I need is the helm now ...

Yess, this sexyness deserves it...

220px-Vauban.jpg

That's the real life vauban, a military engineer known for it's expertise in building and sieging fortifications. Ironically, he never worked on the Bastille.

ParityBit

So it appears you have to pick a side and stick with it. That sucks because I want the cash, not the parts. I don't know if I should just do the side that is winning so I get paid?

molnizzle

That is how you get marked to be jumped by the Harvester. Harvester is a new Stalker-like enemy that drops the parts for the Detron.

Always side with Grineer!

I've dabbled with new fancy weapons (Penta OP, pls nerf
not really
) so much that I almost forgot the one true weapon:

250px-Boltor.png

My newly buffed, potatoed and once forma'd Boltor slices, dices and nails Grineer all over the walls in the most masculine, testosterone-filled way possible, especially with the boosted ragdoll physics in the new update. I don't know how efficient it is compared to the wimpy noskill megadamage guns such as Soma and Penta at high levels, but I don't give a shit because it is the nastiest nailgun ever made in the history of nailguns. I'd build my house with the Boltor.

hyp

have you come across the burston prime parts yet? must've run about 5-6 ODS sessions and have yet to see a damn drop. seriously, it's a burston. don't know why they make it so difficult to obtain.

good verm run yesterday btw, sucks ixyi got disconnected.

hyp

penta is damn OP but too much fun to ignore. cernos is bad ass too, it's gonna be nice to have it as an alternative to paris prime. great stats for an off the shelf bow.

jersoc

my weapons are fairly general. i don't have any forma'd or orokin yet. i just had a wildfire attached instead of a stormbringer.

yella

Yup!

General setups ftw!

Also, I had my first Stalker encounter today....ow. He does not respect stealth, so I am seriously fucked.

I sent you an in-game friend request. You want to trade in my clan dojo or yours?

EDIT: Karsticles, my PSN is oldyella.

ZeroFate

So me and a friend pretty much dove headfirst into this game over the last week or so. We made our own clan but it kinda sucks being just the two of us. :p Can we get an invite into the GAF clan?

IDs:
ZeroFate
Cheiffer305

I've got a lvl 25 Trinity and he's got a 25 Rhino.

Kurod

Banned
Also, I had my first Stalker encounter today....ow. He does not respect stealth, so I am seriously fucked.

Yeah he's an asshole. CC doesn't work on him, he dispels your buffs, and he has a knack for attacking newly made or Forma'd frames. For the longest time I had never seen him now he's harassing me almost every day. I've even had him pop in on me twice in one night.

Also, his voice is incredibly creepy.

Yeah he's an asshole. CC doesn't work on him, he dispels your buffs, and he has a knack for attacking newly made or Forma'd frames. For the longest time I had never seen him now he's harassing me almost every day. I've even had him pop in on me twice in one night.

Also, his voice is incredibly creepy.
Can I disarm him?

He slaughtered my Decoy so fast...

Hey, when did our clan start taxing trades? I don't remember it being that way before, and it is not pleasing.

Kurod

Banned
Can I disarm him?

He slaughtered my Decoy so fast...

Hey, when did our clan start taxing trades? I don't remember it being that way before, and it is not pleasing.

Don't think you can disarm him. I tried to blind him and he just laughed it off telling me "Your Tenno powers will not aid you".

As for taxes I think they've always been there as a game mechanic not just clan exclusive. I remember it was there when we traded before.

Don't think you can disarm him. I tried to blind him and he just laughed it off telling me "Your Tenno powers will not aid you".

As for taxes I think they've always been there as a game mechanic not just clan exclusive. I remember it was there when we traded before.
Sorry, not the trade tax, but the clan tax. I remember the former being there, but not the latter.

Is there an easy way to PM someone near the bottom of trade chat? It takes so long to cycle.

frizby

By nightmare mods under exterminate, did you mean corrupt mods? Because all I want is corrupt mods from the Derelicts, so if using dragon keys to open something or other is the only way to get them, then that will be my plan. Thank you for the explanation.

Yeah, I meant to say Corrupted Mods, and happy to help.

frizby

have you come across the burston prime parts yet? must've run about 5-6 ODS sessions and have yet to see a damn drop. seriously, it's a burston. don't know why they make it so difficult to obtain.

good verm run yesterday btw, sucks ixyi got disconnected.

Yeah, I got all of the parts in probably 10 or so runs, and only 3-4 of those were legitimate 25-40 minute runs. Ended up with 5 BPs and one or two of everything else.

That was a good run. I hardly did anything except Snow Globe and melee because I was worried that the clock would go to 400%.

Cool, I will invest in those then.

Edit: what is the best counter to corrupted ancients? Tired of dying to those guys slowly during a level.

The same counter to everything: Molecular Prime.

Slash damage also works pretty well. Autofire weapons; they're large, relatively slow targets that move in extremely predictable ways compared to enemies that take cover or run for security panels, making it easy to just unload a huge clip from a Soma or similar weapon into them nonstop.

You can also juke them more or less exactly the same way you can Leapers, the animations just aren't quite as obvious. When they start to get close and pick up speed move horizontally while shooting to avoid getting slammed onto the ground.

The same counter to everything: Molecular Prime.

Slash damage also works pretty well. Autofire weapons; they're large, relatively slow targets that move in extremely predictable ways compared to enemies that take cover or run for security panels, making it easy to just unload a huge clip from a Soma or similar weapon into them nonstop.

You can also juke them more or less exactly the same way you can Leapers, the animations just aren't quite as obvious. When they start to get close and pick up speed move horizontally while shooting to avoid getting slammed onto the ground.
I just die from their aoe poison. :( every time.

IvorB

So it appears you have to pick a side and stick with it. That sucks because I want the cash, not the parts. I don't know if I should just do the side that is winning so I get paid?

What are you talking about? Was there another invasion beyond the infestation one? I couldn't play since an hour or two on Saturday afternoon :-(. What did I miss?

ParityBit

What are you talking about? Was there another invasion beyond the infestation one? I couldn't play since an hour or two on Saturday afternoon :-(. What did I miss?

There is one where you choose a side between the two factions. They have different playoffs for helping them.

So can we put something together to coordinate these antitoxin runs? I've got one ready, but getting people together to run it is a bit like pulling teeth.

Top Bottom