• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

molnizzle

Posting this again since we now have people failing Vermillion runs and shit...

cicero8nr6q.png

Just met the Stalker again. We all attacked him for a few minutes then he got in some kind of yoga pose then buggered off. Shame really as we almost had him.

Gold_Loot

No.

NEW RULE: If you leave the PSN chat you will be removed from the clan.

No exceptions.
No exceptions? The fuck is this iron fist bullshit? After the events and attitudes Ive seen tonight, As well as flat out lies , I will be withdrawing from the clan. I work full time, and have a two year old to raise. I play games to relax. Not to deal with elitist children.

Kindly stick it sir.

molnizzle

No exceptions? The fuck is this iron fist bullshit? After the events and attitudes Ive seen tonight, As well as flat out lies , I will be withdrawing from the clan. I work full time, and have a two year old to raise. I play games to relax. Not to deal with elitist children.

Kindly stick it sir.

That's all fine and good, you're an adult, you can do whatever you want in your free time. Once you start wasting mine, however, I get pissed off. You were running that mission with a Vermillion that was given to you by another gaffer who farmed an extra to help out the members with more restrictive schedules. A different member of your group was running with a Vermillion that I gave him myself, and a third was running with one that Helscream helped him farm earlier today.

Your group had tons of free help getting to that point, the least you could have done was make sure you knew what the fuck you were about to do before you run off like idiots and fail. As it stands you guys wasted 4x Vermillions, two of which were given to you. I don't care if you have two jobs and five kids, I went out of my way to help you guys out and you wasted my time. Had you been in the goddamn chat like a normal member you'd have known what the hell was going on.

Good riddance.

So I started to level up Valkyr, got her to level 14 and gave up. Her powers seem lacking.

Trying out Nekros instead. Not bad I guess.

The PS4 version's Valkyr seems to be short 100 base Armor compared to the current PC version, which is actually pretty enormous given the passage of play associated with the frame.

90% of her power budget goes into Hysteria, though. You're basically able to run it indefinitely once modded and be literally impervious through everything except the really brief downtime between recasts. Not necessarily fun mind you, but actually ridiculously powerful, especially versus bosses.

The main problem is it's not super useful in Survival or Defense missions, which is most of what people actually want to play at any given time.

David___

Banned
Tell me about ember prime parts or Dave about braton prime stock.

Seriously, you only get one chance to get it every 20 minutes in ODS and it still has a garbage drop rate. At least with Frost Prime parts you can literally speed run T3 with a Forma'd Soma/Synapse with no trouble at all.

Liljagare

Ok, thinking about a second suit just to have fun w. swapping around at times.. I really like the Loki, what is a good second suit to go for?

For me there seems to be an inverse relationship between how fun and useful frames are. Rhino, Nova, Saryn, and Trinity are all incredibly useful... but not particularly fun. Particularly, I would never use Rhino for fun, it's very much my, "Fuck this shit I just want this mission done and don't feel like actually interacting with the game on any meaningful level" frame.

bLaiSe

Mol, do we have an updated list on how everyone is doing with their Verm run? And do we know how we're doing compared to other clans?

IMBored

For me there seems to be an inverse relationship between how fun and useful frames are. Rhino, Nova, Saryn, and Trinity are all incredibly useful... but not particularly fun. Particularly, I would never use Rhino for fun, it's very much my, "Fuck this shit I just want this mission done and don't feel like actually interacting with the game on any meaningful level" frame.

That would be true except Nova is the most fun anyone can have at any given time. That's mathemagicaly proved.

IvorB

That's all fine and good, you're an adult, you can do whatever you want in your free time. Once you start wasting mine, however, I get pissed off. You were running that mission with a Vermillion that was given to you by another gaffer who farmed an extra to help out the members with more restrictive schedules. A different member of your group was running with a Vermillion that I gave him myself, and a third was running with one that Helscream helped him farm earlier today.

Your group had tons of free help getting to that point, the least you could have done was make sure you knew what the fuck you were about to do before you run off like idiots and fail. As it stands you guys wasted 4x Vermillions, two of which were given to you. I don't care if you have two jobs and five kids, I went out of my way to help you guys out and you wasted my time. Had you been in the goddamn chat like a normal member you'd have known what the hell was going on.

Good riddance.

Yikes. What happened? How did they fail?

How many people play this game on PS4? I have a hard time finding groups for specific missions.

If you need to do a specific node then sometimes you will need to reconcile yourself to soloing.

That would be true except Nova is the most fun anyone can have at any given time. That's mathemagicaly proved.

I end up having to handicap myself on Nova to make it fun, unless it's something really crazy like trying to get a super long time in Survival, and my Nova isn't even modded up. I mean, if you play it 'optimally' you fire a weapon maybe five times in an entire level and never take damage.

I'll admit Antimatter Drop is tons of fun, though.

Rhino, I don't know. Even playing 'slappers only' (no-mods Ankyros FTW) it makes the game kind of boring.

Yikes. What happened? How did they fail?

I wasn't part of the group, but from what I gathered by the chat messages, I believe once the toxins were injected one person stayed by the injector to defend it during the countdown (countup?), and the other three people ignored the injector defence in favor of running forward to kill the waves of grineer that spawn.

If that was how it happened, it's possible the other three got pretty far away, since this isn't a standard boxed in defense map. The grineer spawn a fixed distance from wherever you are standing, so continually chasing them down can lead you on a goose chase across the entire map.

As the mission is actually pretty easy if you stick by the injector to defend it, and there was a lot of effort beforehand to round up the group and help those in need to farm up or recieve gifted antitoxins, there were a lot of shocked "How could you fail?" sorts of messages in the chat as it unfolded.

Sdoots

I'm sorry, but the "Stay in the chat or get the fuck out" rule is kind of ridiculous. I get the reasoning, but if I'm playing Killzone or some shit, I shouldn't get penalized for going over to in game chat.

Alternatively, sometimes I just don't want to talk to people.

There's got to be a compromise here, Mol. Having people communicate when playing Warframe is important, and I understand why you would want the clan to be able to easily reach each other, but this seems like an extreme solution.

Also, I don't know if I feel we should concern ourselves so much with being a high ranked clan. Such commitment and work quickly makes this game feel less like a game, and more like a second job. Just my opinion, feel free to tell me to shut the hell up.

I'm sorry, but the "Stay in the chat or get the fuck out" rule is kind of ridiculous. I get the reasoning, but if I'm playing Killzone or some shit, I shouldn't get penalized for going over to in game chat.

Alternatively, sometimes I just don't want to talk to people.

There's got to be a compromise here, Mol. Having people communicate when playing Warframe is important, and I understand why you would want the clan to be able to easily reach each other, but this seems like an extreme solution.

Also, I don't know if I feel we should concern ourselves so much with being a high ranked clan. Such commitment and work quickly makes this game feel less like a game, and more like a second job. Just my opinion, feel free to tell me to shut the hell up.

The chat Mol is referring to is a text message group, not voice chat. It's essentially a mailing list abusing the PSN messaging system as a workaround to the poor ingame clan chat system. The drawback is the flood of "New PSN message" notifications you get. It was initally started because the ingame clan chat didn't have timestamps, and you only saw new messages when you opened it.

Now that everone has the option of turning on timestamps, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to revisit using the ingame chat? The PSN thing is useful, but I know I hate the notification spam. I realize I can turn it off, but then I miss notifications for messages privately sent to me as well.

Sdoots

The chat Mol is referring to is a text message group, not voice chat. It's essentially a mailing list abusing the PSN messaging system as a workaround to the poor ingame clan chat system. The drawback is the flood of "New PSN message" notifications you get. It was initally started because the ingame clan chat didn't have timestamps, and you only saw new messages when you opened it.

Now that everone has the option of turning on timestamps, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to revisit using the ingame chat? The PSN thing is useful, but I know I hate the notification spam. I realize I can turn it off, but then I miss notifications for messages privately sent to me as well.

Well I feel silly.

That said, the notification spam would drive me nuts, and I'd be reluctant to outright disable the notifications for the same reasons.

koryuken

I will just say that I love being in the clan and that it enhances my experience with the game quite a bit. The people are awesome and very helpful! However, I also do wonder why we are trying to be the #1 clan or get the clan statue for doing the Vermillion run? What is our drive? It seems like this involves exponentially more time with little to no reward... I guess I really don't care if we are on the leader-board at all as long as everyone is enjoying themselves.

ParityBit

I will just say that I love being in the clan and that it enhances my experience with the game quite a bit. The people are awesome and very helpful! However, I also do wonder why we are trying to be the #1 clan or get the clan statue for doing the Vermillion run? What is our drive? It seems like this involves exponentially more time with little to no reward... I guess I really don't care if we are on the leader-board at all as long as everyone is enjoying themselves.

I also wonder what the end game is? I enjoy the game, but over time i wonder if something is missing there

Dave1988

I also wonder what the end game is? I enjoy the game, but over time i wonder if something is missing there

There is no end game. Only the grind to get resources which in turns allows you to craft more weapons/frames/whatever to continue grinding. That's why they release new content so often on PC. Without it, there'd be no real reson to keep playing this game.

PC players are already fed up with it and I imagine that PS4 players will begin to be fed up with it soon, too.

koryuken

There is no end game. Only the grind to get resources which in turns allows you to craft more weapons/frames/whatever to continue grinding. That's why they release new content so often on PC. Without it, there'd be no real reson to keep playing this game.

PC players are already fed up with it and I imagine PS4 players will begin to be fed up with it, too.

I can see that. That's why they are also talking about releasing a new faction etc etc. Adding another level to the grind though (the clan grind) will make people lose interest in the game even faster IMO.

IMBored

There is no end game. Only the grind to get resources which in turns allows uou to craft more weapons/frames/whatever to continue grinding. That's why they release new content so often on PC. Without it, there'd be no real reson to keep playing this game.

I think DE should make some kind of super high tier missions. Right now there's nothing that can't be done easily at high level, even soloing, except maybe stalker farming.
Some thing that only a squad of heavily forma'd and coordinated frames could reliably complete, along with suitable rewards, would go a long way to the game.

Dave1988

I can see that. That's why they are also talking about releasing a new faction etc etc. Adding another level to the grind though (the clan grind) will make people lose interest in the game even faster IMO.

Seriously? Why even be in a clan if you can't be arsed to contribute to it once it a while? It's not like the events are daily occurances, especially on consoles.

I think DE should make some kind of super high tier missions. Right now there's nothing that can't be done easily at high level, even soloing, except maybe stalker farming.
Some thing that only a squad of heavily forma'd and coordinated frames could reliably complete, along with suitable rewards, would go a long way to the game.

I agree.

Sometimes when I think of DCUO with their T5 level raids and massive bosses that can take over 30 minutes to kill, I kinda wish there was more to Warframe in that regard.

The only real "boss" they have in Warframe is the OD assassination mission. The ones on the planets are more like mini bosses.

I think the issue may be a cross between only having 4 players max in a game and balance. If you have a big boss that takes 30 minutes to kill, you expect a big reward. Problem is, if it's a kickass powerful gun or sword then it makes the rest of the game too easy as you're mowing things down.

I think there just needs to be more to the game.

Sdoots

Seriously? Why even be in a clan if you can't be arsed to contribute to it once it a while? It's not like the events are daily occurances, especially on consoles.

Being in a clan should be about playing with fellow GAFers, not about forcing yourself to play the same shit over and over for the sake of what's on the end of the stick held in front of you.

I think it's a mistake trying to apply the MMO Treadmill Principle directly.

Warframe runs on something closer to the League of Legends or racing game model: you play to unlock content because the content (warframes, champions, cars) are actually different and inherently enjoyable to play with in and of themselves, not because that content is inherently better or more powerful than what you have.

You should want to get a Vauban because it's fun to use and does things you couldn't currently do, not because it just has marginally better stats than your existing frame. Their focus should always be on adding actual gameplay experience, rather than "progression".

I find it infinitely more rewarding and interesting to unlock what amounts to an entirely new character class (ie, a new warframe) with a new power set than just to unlock +10 Health for my current frame, personally.

Sdoots

Okay what should I level next? Banshee, Ember, Mag, Oberon or Nyx?

What looks like the most fun to you?

I mean this in the nicest way, but for real, sometimes, you gotta just jump in and not worry about things like that. Pick whatever you think looks cool. Don't worry about stats, or endgame, or any of that nonsense. You let the thread dictate too many of your choices in this game.

I can say that in my experience, I didn't really enjoy playing as Banshee. I see why people like her, and I'm sure if I spent some more time on her I'd get to a point where it'd click, but even with a tater right out the gate, she wasn't working for me. I can't give you any advice on the others, as I haven't used them.

Well, I have used Oberon a bit, and had a blast, so there is that.

Okay what should I level next? Banshee, Ember, Mag, Oberon or Nyx?

In terms of my personal enjoyment...
Ember > Mag > Oberon, Nyx > Banshee.

In terms of ease to level...
Mag > Ember > Oberon > Nyx = Banshee

In terms of late game/void/OD utility:
Nyx > Ember > Mag> Oberon > Banshee

Top Bottom