• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Dave1988

Being in a clan should be about playing with fellow GAFers, not about forcing yourself to play the same shit over and over for the sake of what's on the end of the stick held in front of you.

Again, these events aren't daily occurances. I don't think it's too much to ask clan members to actually contribute towards a clan goal once in a blue moon.

Hell, in this particuar situation, Hel and mol did all the tedious grinding for them. All they had to do was stick close to the pod, protect it, and survive 15 minutes. Not that hard to do.

They are working on some "end game" type content, no idea what it will be or how they can make it as interesting or even more interesting than typical MMO end content. I thought the invasions were a fun addition - the grind of course quickly sets in and it's nothing too deep, but it's a nice dynamic element with good rewards.

Okay what should I level next? Banshee, Ember, Mag, Oberon or Nyx?

Mag. "I accidentally the whole room with Shield Polarize" Mag.

Okay what should I level next? Banshee, Ember, Mag, Oberon or Nyx?

I love Nyx, probably my favorite frame. Not the best in raw damage, since absorb is a bit sketchy with damage (and getting hit by procs even though you are supposed to be invincible), but the utility and crowd control with chaos and mind control is great. I dig the design a lot too, though eye of the beholder and all that.

Sdoots

Again, these events aren't daily occurances. I don't think it's too much to ask clan members to actually contribute towards a clan goal once in a blue moon.

Hell, in this particuar situation, Hel and mol did all the tedious grinding for them. All they had to do was stick close to the pod, protect it, and survive 15 minutes. Not that hard to do.

Okay, and that's totally reasonable. My point was more that I was under the impression this clan was going to be more about the comradiery than the completion percentage, and the fact that one member straight up quit as a result of all this is making me question that perception.

It's shitty that things turned out the way they did on that mission, and I fully acknowledge I don't know and will never know the whole story, but things didn't have to go down like that, nor did they have to end the way they have.

ParityBit

Well I figure really all there is to do is level them up. So I don't really have a preference. I am using Trinity now, but she is level 28. I level to 30, then move on. That's pretty much all we do!

Dave1988

I'm pretty sure I do. If you don't have any offers or a drop by the time the Rainbow Bridge finally gets built, I'll get you set up.

Soon™.

cg_032uxijh.jpg

Okay, and that's totally reasonable. My point was more that I was under the impression this clan was going to be more about the comradiery than the completion percentage, and the fact that one member straight up quit as a result of all this is making me question that perception.

It's shitty that things turned out the way they did on that mission, and I fully acknowledge I don't know and will never know the whole story, but things didn't have to go down like that, nor did they have to end the way they have.

I've been playing in the clan for an awful lot over the past couple months, and this one bit aside, it has been nothing but jolly cooperation for groups and alerts. The cicero crisis is really the only time so far we've ever tried to pull the clan together for a solid goal. This whole drama seems blown a bit out of proportion from my perspective of seeing chat go by.

So I started to level up Valkyr, got her to level 14 and gave up. Her powers seem lacking.

Trying out Nekros instead. Not bad I guess.

She is pretty good for Extermination and can secure an area for herself pretty easy in survival with Histeria but she lacks AOE and can only hit one enemy per hit so she is pretty bad for defend objetives.

Her only useful skills are the war scream and the histeria sadly.

Yikes. What happened? How did they fail?

Welp, the main problem was they didnt know the machine can be destroyed, I think I was the one who was undergeared like always because they were destroying everything on their path but suddenly one (a Nova I think) was falling on the lower floor several times, and the others went outside to spawn kill grinners then they swarmed and get downed. grinner took the chance (love the IA) and go for the machine while I was trying to revive them but get downed too.

The machine was badly damage in 98% so a grinner went yolo and kill it.

Sdoots

I've been playing in the clan for an awful lot over the past couple months, and this one bit aside, it has been nothing but jolly cooperation for groups and alerts. The cicero crisis is really the only time so far we've ever tried to pull the clan together for a solid goal. This whole drama seems blown a bit out of proportion from my perspective of seeing chat go by.

Cool, glad to hear it.

Liljagare

I keep the chat on when I play warframe, and surely, this should suffice for everyone?

I am still level wise far away from being any help in endgame, but I would not like having to be in the chat 24/7, there are other games to play too!

Give me a list of the mods you want and I'll see what I have. If I don't have any of them I can give 10p for it.

The corrupt and nightmare mods I still need are:
Blind Rage
Overextended
Corrupt Charge
Spoiled Strike
Critical Delay
Constitution
Hammer Shot

Don't really need you to give me anything though. I was just kidding.

bLaiSe

The corrupt and nightmare mods I still need are:
Blind Rage
Overextended
Corrupt Charge
Spoiled Strike
Critical Delay
Constitution
Hammer Shot

Don't really need you to give me anything though. I was just kidding.
Nah, I insist. :)
Will hit you up when I get home, I think I have Constitution.

Gold_Loot

That's all fine and good, you're an adult, you can do whatever you want in your free time. Once you start wasting mine, however, I get pissed off. You were running that mission with a Vermillion that was given to you by another gaffer who farmed an extra to help out the members with more restrictive schedules. A different member of your group was running with a Vermillion that I gave him myself, and a third was running with one that Helscream helped him farm earlier today.

Your group had tons of free help getting to that point, the least you could have done was make sure you knew what the fuck you were about to do before you run off like idiots and fail. As it stands you guys wasted 4x Vermillions, two of which were given to you. I don't care if you have two jobs and five kids, I went out of my way to help you guys out and you wasted my time. Had you been in the goddamn chat like a normal member you'd have known what the hell was going on.

Good riddance.

Holy shit, where do I start with this mess..

First of all, I'm not the only member of my family that uses the PS4. I'm not going to watch movies, listen to music, play other games, chat with friends ect. all while having notifications popping every 3 - 5 seconds. Not going to happen, and no, I'm not going to turn notifications off since I have other non-Warframe friends that play other games and message me.

Secondly, I was all well and good farming my own Vermilion. As I stated last night, all I needed was a few more Jadeleaves, but no, that couldn't wait. You are obsessed with "400 POINTS". "Lets do it now!". I never asked for any help. Hell last night was only my third time ever grouping with the clan..But no we had to get it done straight away so we can secure our spot on "Teh leader boardz"

Third.. About helping each other?!, Shit lets not forget all the shit I donated to the Dojo. Thousands upon thousands of credits and other materials, as well as spending my own money on platnum because you wanted it soo badley.

Fourth.. No where in your "MOTD" or on your chart that you say you posted here "Everyday" does it state that the mission well change into a defensive mission( the chart does but I only seen it once since I wasn't even ready to run the mission). I farm vermillion and level up my other weaker weapons due to the lower level MOBS in the area. I'm soo sorry that I just havn't had the time to research the mission that I was thrusted into last night (@ 1:30 am mind you) . Being stuck with no ammo and weaker weapons makes the game slightly more difficult. Yes I understand what defending the capsule entails, but 2 of my TEAMates where 200 feet this way and that way having to be revived. So as a TEAMate, I go to help them. Not to mention the gamne running at about 10 FPS second for no reason. Things tend to get more challenging.

Fifth.. I'm a casual Warframe player. I play to kick back, and have a good time. I couldn't care less about being number one, or having the absolute best loadouts. I want to have a good time, play with friends and GAFers. Most of all, just have fun. that's what these are about aren't they? Apperntly not for all of us.

So here I am, 1:30 am trying to get a little game time in before bed. My Wife is sick, my son is sick, and I'm home sick from work coughing my ass off trying to play a game. The last thing I want to hear is an eltist calling us "Idiots" because "We don't know what to do"

Let this be a lesson for any future endevours you may have on Warframe or anywhere else in life- Have some God Damned compasion for the people around you! Espeacialy if you're in a leadership kind of role. because if you can't learn the social aspect of a leadership role, I won't be the only one that leaves. I assure you that..

Good day sir.

Well I figure really all there is to do is level them up. So I don't really have a preference. I am using Trinity now, but she is level 28. I level to 30, then move on. That's pretty much all we do!

That's exactly how I was playing, get to 30, move to the next frame.
That was until I played Nova, I've been to rank 30 4 times with her now.

In desperate need of blind rage, fleeting expertise and overextended now I've got her all set up how I'd like.

Dunlop

I realize the error of my ways making a trinity as my first frame while learning the game.

The excitement factor in non end game is pretty low...and I am far away from endgame

I have 315 platinum in my account to burn..so far am looking at the ember..what is a "fun" frame to level as I am still on earth?

HORRORSHØW

I realize the error of my ways making a trinity as my first frame while learning the game.

The excitement factor in non end game is pretty low...and I am far away from endgame

I have 315 platinum in my account to burn..so far am looking at the ember..what is a "fun" frame to level as I am still on earth?
depends on your definition of fun. wanna clear a room of enemies with one ability? nova is your answer. wanna be invisible and slice and dice? look to ash and loki. wanna be a bullet sponge? rhino. wanna set traps and be more tactical? vauban's your man.

HORRORSHØW

Holy shit, where do I start with this mess..
sagely advice towards the end. the game should be about having fun with friends and other GAFfers, first and foremost. that's why the clan was set up in the first place, wasn't it? it should never feel like a chore, even if the core game is all about grinding. while i understand the want to be first on the leaderboards, it shouldn't be the crux of why we're playing this game. hell, the cicero crisis still has a week left for members to finish their runs.

personally, i feel like you need to slow your roll, mol. the need to be heavy-handed is unwarranted; calling other members "idiots" publicly is tactless. we all play for fun on an individual level, but we also want to contribute to the clan as a whole. how about showing your members some respect?

molnizzle

Fourth.. No where in your "MOTD" or on your chart that you say you posted here "Everyday" does it state that the mission well change into a defensive mission( the chart does but I only seen it once since I wasn't even ready to run the mission). I farm vermillion and level up my other weaker weapons due to the lower level MOBS in the area. I'm soo sorry that I just havn't had the time to research the mission that I was thrusted into last night (@ 1:30 am mind you) .

The MOTD contains a link to the URL I bought which forwards to the giant roadmap image I made in Photoshop. If you can't be bothered to check out a URL before you run an event mission then whatever, my bad I guess. I didn't think that was too much to ask considering that clan events like these are relatively rare and only last for a week or two at most.

But fine, if people want to leave the chat then leave the chat. If people want to get 100 points (or none at all) for Cicero then have at it. I thought that it would be kind of cool for our NeoGAF crew to band together for two fucking weeks and do something that will have a permanent record in the game, but if that's not what everyone wants then I don't want to force it against your will. I'll just spend all the extra time and money I've been putting into this clan on other stuff.

hyp

Grimløck;99136769 said:
sagely advice towards the end. the game should be about having fun with friends and other GAFfers, first and foremost. that's why the clan was set up in the first place, wasn't it? it should never feel like a chore, even if the core game is all about grinding. while i understand the want to be first on the leaderboards, it shouldn't be the crux of why we're playing this game. hell, the cicero crisis still has a week left for members to finish their runs.

personally, i feel like you need to slow your roll, mol. the need to be heavy-handed is unwarranted; calling other members "idiots" publicly is tactless. we all play for fun on an individual level, but we also want to contribute to the clan as a whole. how about showing your members some respect?

in total agreement with stray. well said.

Kurod

Banned

One frame I enjoyed more than I thought I would is Volt. Now he's a pain to try and earn for free but you can buy him in the market for 75 plat (comes with free slot and reactor so he's more like 35 plat).

Shock is great to clear masses of light corpus. Just aim, zap, and watch a ton of numbers appear.

Speed is good for turning all members of your squad into the Flash. It also has the bonus of increasing your melee attack speed.

Shield is nice if you need cover in a pinch. It's like the secondary ability of the Auger from Resistance.

Overload sends out a slow wave of pure electric death out wards in all directions. You are vulnerable when casting though.

hyp

so has anyone here other than frizby attained all the burston prime parts? i think I'm up to my 20ish run and still don't have all the pieces. i had a 52 min run last night and obtained 2 receivers and 2 blueprints. the fuck up with that? drop tables are super janky with ODS.

Dunlop

One frame I enjoyed more than I thought I would is Volt. Now he's a pain to try and earn for free but you can buy him in the market for 75 plat (comes with free slot and reactor so he's more like 35 plat).

Shock is great to clear masses of light corpus. Just aim, zap, and watch a ton of numbers appear.

Speed is good for turning all members of your squad into the Flash. It also has the bonus of increasing your melee attack speed.

Shield is nice if you need cover in a pinch. It's like the secondary ability of the Auger from Resistance.

Overload sends out a slow wave of pure electric death out wards in all directions. You are vulnerable when casting though.

I was looking at youtube vids of all the classes and he looks pretty cool but the fact he was so cheap was scaring me off

Like I said I'm gonna blow the 315 platinum one way or the other, and particular weapons that is better with this class?

I want to get one class to 30 to see what the "end game" is like then worry about farming for mats and blueprints

Sye d'Burns

I was looking at youtube vids of all the classes and he looks pretty cool but the fact he was so cheap was scaring me off

Like I said I'm gonna blow the 315 platinum one way or the other, and particular weapons that is better with this class?

I want to get one class to 30 to see what the "end game" is like then worry about farming for mats and blueprints

I'm one ember prime helmet away from having farmed every frame in the game. If you don't have a rhino, I'd suggest one because, more often than not, it's the safest frame to run with randoms. A Loki is also a good choice. With a Loki and Rhino, you can solo virtually everything on the map.

I can't tell you what to do but, barring the vauban, due to the scarcity of its drops, or Loki/Volt, due to the low cost, I just can't see throwing down money for a warframe.

I'd save your 315 plat for reactors and catalysts.

My personal favorites are Loki and Nyx.

Dave1988

so has anyone here other than frizby attained all the burston prime parts? i think I'm up to my 20ish run and still don't have all the pieces. i had a 52 min run last night and obtained 2 receivers and 2 blueprints. the fuck up with that? drop tables are super janky with ODS.

The Stock is a rare drop that has a chance of dropping only every 20 minutes in Survival.

This is Hammer Shot all over again... *bangs head againts a wall*

hyp

This is Hammer Shot all over again... *bangs head againts a wall*

darthvadernoooooooo.gif

at least with ODS i'm getting a shit ton of fusion cores to rank up the slow burn mods I've been slacking on (vitality, redirection, heavy cal, narrow minded). and yes, nekros is a must if you want to hit 45+ mins.

1) You shouldn't really spend plats on frames. Volt is the notably exception since he can be annoying to farm and his cost is cheap enough.

That said, you're on earth already so you should be farming for Rhino (Venus) and Oberon parts (Earth) instead. Both are "fun enough" frames and Rhino can last you into end game just fine.

Weapon wise, spent plat only on a burston so you can get away from the MK-1. Everything else should be built.

2) The funny thing is that Trinity is a perfectly fine end-game frame and rarely do you see people take volt into end game (yes, Trinity isn't as fun, but that's a separate matter.) Your issue here is not the frame you're using but instead of the mods you have access to. Mods are what actually affect your attack strength, range and duration, not levels. A max level skill mod will do the same damage regardless if you have a level 15 or level 30 warframe. Vice versa, a level 30 warframe is useless if you just fill it with a bunch of junk mods.

To be frank, I'm really annoyed when posters have this this "I'm not ready for void/OD/end-game" mindset. You never know till you try it. T1 void enemies won't even get any higher than level 15. If you're worried you might drag people down, just let others know and stay close to them. Leech off of their exp gains and rewards and you'll get to support them sooner. Once you have your hands on mods like streamline, continuity, fleeting expertise, stretch, narrow minded, etc etc the game becomes much more easier.

1) You shouldn't really spend plats on frames. Volt is the notably exception since he can be annoying to farm and his cost is cheap enough.

Volt isn't going to be an exception much longer, as he's moving to the new research lab along with Banshee and the birdframe. With close to 300 hours and not a single screw for Volt found, I'm rather pleased with this change.

koryuken

Grimløck;99136769 said:

Well said Grim, I support your sentiment.

To me, the Rhino is extremely fun and powerful. I am currently building a Nova (should be done in a couple of hours). My understanding is that Nova is the most powerful frame in the game and is very fun by all accounts. I also recommend Nyx, who I enjoyed very much.

Volt isn't going to be an exception much longer, as he's moving to the new research lab along with Banshee and the birdframe. With close to 300 hours and not a single screw for Volt found, I'm rather pleased with this change.

Should I buy a Volt now then? Since they added the invasions, I was actually able to build 2 potatoes and 2 catalysts, so I guess I have just saved 80 plat right there.

Artanisix

The MOTD contains a link to the URL I bought which forwards to the giant roadmap image I made in Photoshop. If you can't be bothered to check out a URL before you run an event mission then whatever, my bad I guess. I didn't think that was too much to ask considering that clan events like these are relatively rare and only last for a week or two at most.

But fine, if people want to leave the chat then leave the chat. If people want to get 100 points (or none at all) for Cicero then have at it. I thought that it would be kind of cool for our NeoGAF crew to band together for two fucking weeks and do something that will have a permanent record in the game, but if that's not what everyone wants then I don't want to force it against your will. I'll just spend all the extra time and money I've been putting into this clan on other stuff.

Dude I dont even play warframe on PS4 / with gaf, but you take this shit way too seriously. Getting way too emotional and passive aggressive over fucking robot ninjas dude

Well said Grim, I support your sentiment.

To me, the Rhino is extremely fun and powerful. I am currently building a Nova (should be done in a couple of hours). My understanding is that Nova is the most powerful frame in the game and is very fun by all accounts. I also recommend Nyx, who I enjoyed very much.

Should I buy a Volt now then? Since they added the invasions, I was actually able to build 2 potatoes and 2 catalysts, so I guess I have just saved 80 plat right there.

I bought Volt y sterday and levelled him to 30 the same day. No regrets. He's actually lots of fun.

molnizzle

Dude I dont even play warframe on PS4 / with gaf, but you take this shit way too seriously. Getting way too emotional and passive aggressive over fucking robot ninjas dude

I spent over $100 on platinum for the Clan Dojo and dozens of hours researching, designing and testing through trial and error to get it to work. Please forgive me for feeling a bit invested in the clan as a whole and only wanting the best for it.

Won't happen again, don't worry.

FUME5

Mol, we all appreciate the effort you put in, it gives me access to more resources and rolling with a clan has made the game more fun.
Having said that, throwing around ultimatums never turns out well mate.

I can't believe folks are siding against Mol. The guy whining is clearly being a bitch here. Boo boo a job and kids. No one else here has the responsibility you do. The Cicero Event asks very little of players. Then again, I was a guild leader and raid leader for a while in WoW, so my feelings gravitate toward team work instead of self-absorbed bitching.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I spent over $100 on platinum for the Clan Dojo and dozens of hours researching, designing and testing through trial and error to get it to work. Please forgive me for feeling a bit invested in the clan as a whole and only wanting the best for it.

Won't happen again, don't worry.

Mol, you have been doing a great job as a clan leader and the dojo is indeed amazing.

Take a break if you feel like you need it, but please stick around. The clan would not be the same without you.

Dunlop

That said, you're on earth already so you should be farming for Rhino (Venus) and Oberon parts (Earth) instead. Both are "fun enough" frames and Rhino can last you into end game just fine.

Weapon wise, spent plat only on a burston so you can get away from the MK-1. Everything else should be built.

2) The funny thing is that Trinity is a perfectly fine end-game frame and rarely do you see people take volt into end game (yes, Trinity isn't as fun, but that's a separate matter.) Your issue here is not the frame you're using but instead of the mods you have access to. Mods are what actually affect your attack strength, range and duration, not levels. A max level skill mod will do the same damage regardless if you have a level 15 or level 30 warframe. Vice versa, a level 30 warframe is useless if you just fill it with a bunch of junk mods.

To be frank, I'm really annoyed when posters have this this "I'm not ready for void/OD/end-game" mindset. You never know till you try it. T1 void enemies won't even get any higher than level 15. If you're worried you might drag people down, just let others know and stay close to them. Leech off of their exp gains and rewards and you'll get to support them sooner. Once you have your hands on mods like streamline, continuity, fleeting expertise, stretch, narrow minded, etc etc the game becomes much more easier.

thanks for the info all,

I think I just made the wrong approach to the game

In any MMO I always play a support/healer class.

I purchased the Trinity to level to 30 because I know it will be "in demand" but I did so not knowing any mechanics of the game.

trying to level up in missions is a total grind because as you mentioned my mods are pretty terrible and none of the support abilities are remotely needed at such a low level. As a chunck of xp is from tagging mobs and with no real aoe/dps skills, my stats are pretty bad.

Tried to do missions solo, but bad mods so I was getting killed a lot. Picked up a sentinel to help but hasn't really helped that much

So my idea for a DPS frame was mostly to get higher level mods, that I would then go back to level the Trinity frame.

Think I might do as many have recommended and try to get the Rhino part. The platinum I have is just I had a $30 PSN credit and my free time is rather limited so I was trying to jump start getting the frame ; )

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I can't believe folks are siding against Mol.

completely agree. i'd be really pissed too, and then to throw a bunch of irrelevant shit back while missing the point, further disrespecting him.

if someone farms shit for you, you better know what to do with it. if you fuck up, own up to it. you've wasted their time.

Sye d'Burns

Think I might do as many have recommended and try to get the Rhino part. The platinum I have is just I had a $30 PSN credit and my free time is rather limited so I was trying to jump start getting the frame ; )

Rhino is an easy farm. Don't blow the platinum on that. Use your plat for the reactor and slot.

How does Shade work? I made him, and he only cloaks me for a second when he does, and he cloaks inconsistently. What gives? The cloak mod is maxed, but the sentinel is at level 13 or so, if that matters. I watched a youtube video that made this look way better and more consistent...

Top Bottom