• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Any vermilion runs planned in the next few days? Sheer bad luck and timing's prevented me from getting a group together.

I've still got my third (and last!) vermillion antitoxin. If a group of three comes together and can't find a fourth, let me know, I'll help fill the group as a last resort. (Of course I'd rather that spot go to someone that hasn't run it before.)

Kinda getting burned out mastering shitty weapons. I think I'll rank up one more time to 12 and stay there. Then just forma everything I like.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Whoa, I completely missed the drama here. I still haven't done the vermilion thing, because I apparently never play when it's night time in Warframe, but I hope the kick from guild thing won't come to pass. I'm not always playing Warframe and would like to keep notifications on my PlayStation 4 and Vita, but chat is crazy active, so I left it.

My motto is to treat other people with respect, that includes respecting their time. I understand that some didn't fully get how the event works and wasted a lot of effort, but I hope we've all learned a little and won't do it again.

molnizzle

Whoa, I completely missed the drama here. I still haven't done the vermilion thing, because I apparently never play when it's night time in Warframe, but I hope the kick from guild thing won't come to pass. I'm not always playing Warframe and would like to keep notifications on my PlayStation 4 and Vita, but chat is crazy active, so I left it.

My motto is to treat other people with respect, that includes respecting their time. I understand that some didn't fully get how the event works and wasted a lot of effort, but I hope we've all learned a little and won't do it again.

It's not that they wasted our time, we weren't even that upset about that. People were playfully poking fun at them, nothing more. What really pissed me off was when Spire started being disrespectful and calling me names like "cupcake" and "sweetie," all the while justifying his actions by saying it was "no big deal" and that it was my fault for not telling him that it turned into a Defense mission somewhere in-game before it started. Naturally I found this annoying as I had already created the roadmap image (which did in fact explain that) and had linked to it in the MOTD for the past week, not to mention posted it multiple times both in this thread and in the chat room. Then he jumps on this thread and acts like I'm some big tyrant who was abusing him. So yeah, I got pissed.

The chat rule won't go into effect. That was just a knee-jerk reaction to Spire's little tantrum. That said, if you're not going to include yourself in our clan chat... what's the point of being in the clan in the first place? Honest question.

Anyway, I would still like to do our best to get as many members to 400 as possible. If you truly don't want to pitch in then you are under no obligation to do so, but I think it would be cool to top the leaderboard and I think most of the other clan members would agree with me. It only takes a couple of hours to farm the materials needed for Vermillion.

This game is literally the only game I play on my PS4. It has that sense of addictive gameplay that Mass Effect Multiplayer has. I like it!!! And it's cool because I didn't even buy it. Gotta love these free games.

molnizzle

This game is literally the only game I play on my PS4. It has that sense of addictive gameplay that Mass Effect Multiplayer has. I like it!!! And it's cool because I didn't even buy it. Gotta love these free games.

I've been sneaking in a little Tomb Raider here and there, but yeah, Warframe is by far the most played game on my PS4. Pretty funny to think about considering that I hadn't even heard of it until November 15th. I was originally thinking that I'd use my PS4 as a Battlefield box until later in the year. Heh.
I ended up getting a PSN refund for BF4 due to the horrendous issues at launch. I then used the $60 I got back to buy Warframe plat. =D

I've still got my third (and last!) vermillion antitoxin. If a group of three comes together and can't find a fourth, let me know, I'll help fill the group as a last resort. (Of course I'd rather that spot go to someone that hasn't run it before.)
I got my Vermillion cooked last night. I would love to do the run with you chaps either today or tomorrow. I'm philisatwat in the clan.

HORRORSHØW

First off, I didn't directly call anyone an idiot. My exact words were "...before you run off like idiots and fail." That's the harshest thing I said to anyone, and it was perfectly appropriate given the situation at hand. If you disagree that's fine, but just know that I do not share your viewpoint and will not be adjusting my own behavior to accommodate it.

Secondly, am I reading it right that you just called me "some punk kid?"
if that's what you did, then that's fine. i was just going by the information at hand.

and i was speaking in general terms. if some punk kid called me an idiot, i wouldn't take that. you can take that how you want.

I've been sneaking in a little Tomb Raider here and there, but yeah, Warframe is by far the most played game on my PS4. Pretty funny to think about considering that I hadn't even heard of it until November 15th. I was originally thinking that I'd use my PS4 as a Battlefield box until later in the year. Heh.
I ended up getting a PSN refund for BF4 due to the horrendous issues at launch. I then used the $60 I got back to buy Warframe plat. =D

Yea, I know the battlefield issues all too well.

In war frame, I got some platinum that came with the game plus the $60 of free cash in my PSN wallet that sony hooked me up with(thinking about saving it for Elder Scrolls Online).

But I have no idea what to spend the platinum on even if I did buy some. Im only like 40 hours into the game so I'm just now figuring out how I want to play this game and that's more of a melee style. So the ONE weapon I do want to purchase, the gilatine, I can't because it says EXP locked.

It says I have to be level three, but my war frame and all my gear is over level 20, so I'm confused about that.

I find myself mostly playing melee so now Im focusing all my mods and resources towards making my melee stronger since I'm using Loki's invisibility skill, A LOT. I didn't even know using his invisibility skill increases his damage. Pretty much every enemy I strike goes down in one strike. The last few games I played, 100% of the enemies I killed were melee kills. Haven't fired a single shot.

So when I saw that the gilatine charged attack does 400 damage, I was all ears on that. But I don't understand why I'm not able to buy it.

Yea, I know the battlefield issues all too well.

In war frame, I got some platinum that came with the game plus the $60 of free cash in my PSN wallet that sony hooked me up with(thinking about saving it for Elder Scrolls Online).

But I have no idea what to spend the platinum on even if I did buy some. Im only like 40 hours into the game so I'm just now figuring out how I want to play this game and that's more of a melee style. So the ONE weapon I do want to purchase, the gilatine, I can't because it says EXP locked.

It says I have to be level three, but my war frame and all my gear is over level 20, so I'm confused about that.

I find myself mostly playing melee so now Im focusing all my mods and resources towards making my melee stronger since I'm using Loki's invisibility skill, A LOT. I didn't even know using his invisibility skill increases his damage. Pretty much every enemy I strike goes down in one strike. The last few games I played, 100% of the enemies I killed were melee kills. Haven't fired a single shot.

So when I saw that the gilatine charged attack does 400 damage, I was all ears on that. But I don't understand why I'm not able to buy it.

The "exp locked" refers to your mastery level, not the level of any individual piece of gear. You can see your mastery level in your profile, and it shows up as a number on your profile icon. The bar next to it is your mastery exp. You fill up your mastery exp by levelling different items up and clearing new missions on the star map. I believe the galatine's mastery requirement is 3 or 4.

Most people would advise that you save your platinum to buy warframe, weapon, and sentinel slots, as well as orokin catalysts and orokin reactors (also referred to as "potatoes"). The potatoes are only available from rare alerts and invasion rewards, so many people just buy them outright with platinum. Putting them on a weapon or warframe doubles the amount of points you have available for mods. Slots are only available via platinum.

Color palettes aren't a bad choice either if you fancy yourself a warframe fashionista.

What a day. I got Narrow Minded, Overextend, Fleeting Expertise, and I just soloed The Stalker and got Dread. Plus my Orokin Reactor will be done tonight!

Edit: I also apparently got Hate from him. How is that compared to Galatine?

Kurod

Banned
What a day. I got Narrow Minded, Overextend, Fleeting Expertise, and I just soloed The Stalker and got Dread. Plus my Orokin Reactor will be done tonight!

That's a heck of a day, alright. So jelly.

Edit: From what I've read on the wiki Hate is inferior to Galatine except for its coolness factor.

aight, cool, thanks for the info. I see mines is at two. Now I know what the hell that "test" was for. All that other stuff, like reactors and stuff, haven;t gotten far enough to know what it is nor how to use it.

Also, is the gorgon rifle any good??? I got the blue print for it and I got all the parts needed to make one. Not sure if I should make it or not though.

molnizzle

Grimløck;99231509 said:
if that's what you did, then that's fine. i was just going by the information at hand.

and i was speaking in general terms. if some punk kid called me an idiot, i wouldn't take that. you can take that how you want.

You have the whole thread right here in front of you, you can look up my exact replies yourself if you want. Not that you'd need to, since you were active on the forum when all this dumb shit was going down in the first place. There wasn't any real drama until Spire (Gold_Loot) took to the thread here and posted his sob story. All the dialogue that occurred in the actual PSN chat was lighthearted and/or respectfully inquisitive (the dialogue coming from the members who weren't in the group, at least -- the four individuals who actually failed the mission were pretty heated with each other).

You talk about treating members with respect, yet you treat me with none. You automatically assume the worst of me when you don't even have the full story (or actually you do, since the full story is right here in the thread in front of you) and then find it prudent to lecture me, scold me and belittle me. What's up with that? I'll be honest, I'm not feeling the respect.

As for "you can take that how you want," I'd appreciate it if you would go ahead and tell me exactly how I should be taking it.

Kurod

Banned
Cool. When will you be on? I will give you fleeting and energy siphon.

Believe it or not, we got fleeting expertise 3 times straight. I traded the third one for narrow minded.
It'll probably be another hour before I can get on. You don't need to worry about the e siphon. I actually have extras too heh.

molnizzle

i8FsKRQ.gif

Now that's a damn good day. Grats.

It compares to Galatine like just about every other melee weapon in the game.
Not as good. ;-)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Grimløck;99231509 said:

For starters, how about you drop that punk kid crap. That's the second time you use that shit and it's not helping neither with the discussion nor with the situation.

Talking about respect while throwing underhanded comments is not acceptable.

Kurod

Banned
Should Galatine be nerfed, or should other stuff be buffed? One-size-fits-all is a bad place to be.

That's like asking if molecular prime needs to be nerfed. They're definitely OP but so much fun.

I've actually hit harder than this since uploading this photo but haven't recorded.

9tKoNxH.jpg

That's like asking if molecular prime needs to be nerfed. They're definitely OP but so much fun.

I've actually hit harder than this since uploading this photo but haven't recorded.

9tKoNxH.jpg
Yeah, but it isn't fun when you see everyone using the same thing you are. I like being creative yet powerful.

Kurod

Banned
Yeah, but it isn't fun when you see everyone using the same thing you are. I like being creative yet powerful.

I agree. It can get annoying being one of many in a squad using somas, galatines, ignis, synapse. One of my fav weapons to use currently is the Kestrel. Does good damage when enemies are unaware or blind and rag dolls like a champ. I'm actually surprised you don't see it even as often as the glaive.

koryuken

Dude please share how you beat him. I keep getting owned.

koryuken

You have the whole thread right here in front of you, you can look up my exact replies yourself if you want. Not that you'd need to, since you were active on the forum when all this dumb shit was going down in the first place. There wasn't any real drama until Spire (Gold_Loot) took to the thread here and posted his sob story. All the dialogue that occurred in the actual PSN chat was lighthearted and/or respectfully inquisitive (the dialogue coming from the members who weren't in the group, at least -- the four individuals who actually failed the mission were pretty heated with each other).

You talk about treating members with respect, yet you treat me with none. You automatically assume the worst of me when you don't even have the full story (or actually you do, since the full story is right here in the thread in front of you) and then find it prudent to lecture me, scold me and belittle me. What's up with that? I'll be honest, I'm not feeling the respect.

As for "you can take that how you want," I'd appreciate it if you would go ahead and tell me exactly how I should be taking it.

Guys lets all stfu and move on. No good can come from this.

HORRORSHØW

agreed. apologies mol if i came across like a dick. it wasn't my intention. and really, the punk kid was just me speaking in generalities. like i said earlier, i do appreciate what the leaders have done/and are doing with the clan.

so, what's the deal with leaving psn chat? is that still some sort of rule? like i said earlier, my psn chat has been messing up (a lot more recently). if that's a rule (or if anything like it is a rule in the future), you can count me out.

Gold_Loot

It's not that they wasted our time, we weren't even that upset about that. People were playfully poking fun at them, nothing more. What really pissed me off was when Spire started being disrespectful and calling me names like "cupcake" and "sweetie," all the while justifying his actions by saying it was "no big deal" and that it was my fault for not telling him that it turned into a Defense mission somewhere in-game before it started. Naturally I found this annoying as I had already created the roadmap image (which did in fact explain that) and had linked to it in the MOTD for the past week, not to mention posted it multiple times both in this thread and in the chat room. Then he jumps on this thread and acts like I'm some big tyrant who was abusing him. So yeah, I got pissed.

.That's not quite exactley how things went down.. I called you "pumpkin" get it right.. And you know what, It's NOT a big deal. It's a video game starring cyborg ninjas. I was trying to lighten up the heated convorsation. I was the one saying "It's OK we'll try again" and that I can easily get another Vermillion. I would say I handeld things quite well. Much better than the "OMG" "WTF" "How is that posible you guys failed" being puked out by everyone (Including you) over PSN chat.. I simply stated that I didn't know we were in for a long defense mission only for you to quip "OMG it's on every page of the thread!"

The chat rule won't go into effect. That was just a knee-jerk reaction to Spire's little tantrum. That said, if you're not going to include yourself in our clan chat... what's the point of being in the clan in the first place? Honest question.What tantrum?.. I was only upset
after
you posted that rule.. It's right here in the thread. See for yourself. You are the one doing the name calling with your little snickering jabs at people.

Err actually I don't recall anybody being heated with eachother. All I remember is laughing that we failed at 98%. Another member (I'm sorry I don't remember your name) said that he thinks a granear was sniping the reactor from far away which makes sense because I rarely saw any enemies in the room. And another upset because he fell through the floor several times (as did I ).

I never posted a "Sob story" I posted exacltey how things went down.. Things became heated when you came in here with an iron fist demanding that everyone MUST stay in chat or be kicked. "No Excuses"..Sounds like the start of drama to me..

I'm looking for Blind Rage and Fleeting Expertise if anyone wants to trade/sell.

Did 4 Vault runs today, getting Critical Delay and Spoiled Strike.
The other 2 times we had the wrong key, we were only 3 of us :/
It needed Decaying Key 2 times running, followed by Extinguished 2x, never expected that lack of randomness.

Gold_Loot

I can't believe folks are siding against Mol. The guy whining is clearly being a bitch here. Boo boo a job and kids. No one else here has the responsibility you do. The Cicero Event asks very little of players. Then again, I was a guild leader and raid leader for a while in WoW, so my feelings gravitate toward team work instead of self-absorbed bitching.
What the hell is this?.. This is clealy the dumbest shit I ever read.. I think the IQ on this forum was knocked down several pegs due to this post.....

Agreed.

The OD boss is so easy...I thought he would be like a final boss.

What the hell is this?.. This is clealy the dumbest shit I ever read.. I think the IQ on this forum was knocked down several pegs due to this post.....

Agreed.
Clealy you don't read what you type, then.

HORRORSHØW

has anyone got anything useful from transmuting? it's such a crapshoot, and all the times i've tried i got nothing good in return. 4 rares=1 common.

Ok guys, other than hammer shot, if anyone needs any nightmare mods let me know. I have tons of all them I'll give away to the clan for free. If you psn id is different from your forum id let me know, so I don't give to randoms.

You're already in a clan, or you have a pending clan invite. You can only have one invite at a given time. You'll need to decline that before I can add you.

See above.

Same situation as those other two.

Re-invited. Welcome back!

Invite sent. Click here if you're not sure how to accept it.

Ok, fixed this. Please re-send. =)

phierce

Ok guys, other than hammer shot, if anyone needs any nightmare mods let me know. I have tons of all them I'll give away to the clan for free. If you psn id is different from your forum id let me know, so I don't give to randoms.
I would gladly take a 'Focus Energy' off your hands. It's the only nightmare mod I can't seem to get.

I will be out of town until Tuesday or Wednesday. If someone else needs before then, that's cool with me.

Thanks!

PSN: phierce_

molnizzle

Grimløck;99259136 said:
agreed. apologies mol if i came across like a dick. it wasn't my intention. and really, the punk kid was just me speaking in generalities. like i said earlier, i do appreciate what the leaders have done/and are doing with the clan

It's cool, I was being kind of a dick too, especially with the chat thing. Sorry about that. Obviously that's not gonna be a real rule, that would be ridiculous. I was just frustrated after spending the entire day grinding out 4 Vermillions. That's literally all I did that day besides the potato invasion. Six straight hours of scanning flowers can really wear on you...

I would gladly take a 'Focus Energy' off your hands. It's the only nightmare mod I can't seem to get.

I will be out of town until Tuesday or Wednesday. If someone else needs before then, that's cool with me.

Thanks!

PSN: phierce_

Yeah I have it. Send me a message when you're back.

Top Bottom