• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

That's how all helmets will be going forward, DE wants them to be purely cosmetic. They just haven't figured out what to do with all the old ones that already have stats on them.
I read that, and that is dumb. Why would they want to give me less to grind for? More cosmetics with more effects should be the goal.

Edit: wait, Nekros has no Aura polarity? So he can't use Energy Siphon, and when I Forma him he has no way to get free points? He basically has one less mod slot and 14 fewer points to work with? Someone tell me I have it wrong, because that is the dumbest design decision I have heard so far.

frizby

I don't use Decoy too much. It dies too fast. I will pop it in corridors behind a door or before resurrecting someone, though. Decoy rarely lasts its entire duration.

Try using it to pull enemies out of cover, to draw their attention away from objectives or to bunch them up. It's basically free to cast and is amazing for manipulating enemy AI.

Frost can't disable an entire screen worth of enemies. Loki can. I don't see the comparison. I did 15 defense waves solo with Loki thanks to Radial Disarm.

Sure he can, in that his Snowglobe makes their guns useless, and with Snowglobe, the enemies don't rush you the second you put it up.

You should be able to solo to wave 15 (assume you're talking ODD) regardless of character. My sentinel can solo to 25 on Nova.

Also, it is dumb that the alternate Nekros helms do nothing. I am making him now. Yes. I know he sucks.

Nekros, like every frame other than Nova/Rhino is situational. He's great for farming and is really handy in survival.

I actually like the cosmetic helmets, because you don't end up with ugly helmets with great perks or vice versa.

Excellent run guys, I was nervous all the time to not screw up again.

Ah but still have to master Mag.

Shield polarize drains enemy shields and converts those shields into aoe blast damage centered on the affected enemy. Each affected enemy produces this blast, resulting in overlapping damage like a molecular prime. Since the damage is dependant on enemy shield strength, it scales with enemy level. High level corpus have well over 1000 points of shields. It also casts faster than crush, costs half as much, and has almost twice the range. Refills your teammates shields too. It is in evey way superior to crush when facing corpus.

Also it have a great sinergy with Nova Molecular skill against corpus.

molnizzle

Over 40 members with scores of 400 now! Great job everyone, let's help get even more gaffers there during these last few days.

WarframeGAF.com/leaderboard

Edit: wait, Nekros has no Aura polarity? So he can't use Energy Siphon, and when I Forma him he has no way to get free points? He basically has one less mod slot and 14 fewer points to work with? Someone tell me I have it wrong, because that is the dumbest design decision I have heard so far.

Having no innate polarity just means that you can use any Aura in the slot without penalty... but also without benefit. For example, a maxed Energy Siphon will only give you 7 mod points instead of the 14 you get when it's slotted in a matching polarity.

You can use Forma on the Aura slot, and you should. That's always the first Forma I use on any Warframe that doesn't come with the matching Energy Siphon polarity out of the box.

Try using it to pull enemies out of cover, to draw their attention away from objectives or to bunch them up. It's basically free to cast and is amazing for manipulating enemy AI.

Sure he can, in that his Snowglobe makes their guns useless, and with Snowglobe, the enemies don't rush you the second you put it up.

You should be able to solo to wave 15 (assume you're talking ODD) regardless of character. My sentinel can solo to 25 on Nova.

Nekros, like every frame other than Nova/Rhino is situational. He's great for farming and is really handy in survival.

I actually like the cosmetic helmets, because you don't end up with ugly helmets with great perks or vice versa.
No, I was talking about wave 15 of a Grineer defense. I suspect that most frames can do this, but it is hard for Loki.

Thanks, but I wouln't really recommend buying the helmet, unless he's your only frame and he's the only frame you ever want to play.

You may not be interested in other frames now, but I'd bet that you will be later. You'll eventually want slots and potatoes for Nova and Rhino at a minimum and probably some others like Frost Prime, Mag Prime, Vauban, Oberon, Nekros and Trinity as well.

Just get your helmets from Alert Missions. I recommend following the Twitter feed for real time alerts: https://twitter.com/WFAlertsPS4

Well at the moment Im content and happy with Loki.

To be honest, I'm not sure if Im gonna be playing War frame for that long. Its the only game I got right now, so its gets a lot of play time. But I'm mainly waiting for FF14 and the elder scrolls to drop and I probably won't play war frame as much. So right now loki is my favorite because in Mass Effect multiplayer, I played a melee infiltrator(N7 Shadow) and I play Loki the exact way. Turn invisible and just unload on em with the melee attacks.

I will try the other frames if I just happens to find all the blue prints to make one, but I aint spending physical cash on them though.

About the helmet, I see I didn't even have enough plat for the helm as I was 25 short. And dude, you guys weren't BSin around when y'all said the helmet was ugly. I already think loki is ugly, but dude, that essence helm, geezus christ.

Kurod

Banned
I wasn't feeling my new flux rifle until earlier today when it cut a corpus crewman in half vertically right down the middle Mortal Kombat style. Awesome!

Amon37

I've been trying to read the op and wiki but I have some noob questions.

Do I spend platinum to get a sentinel and is it matter which one?

should I be spending platinum on anything yet?

I'm in Excalibur with the default gear about level 10 in frame and weapons.

I'm still on Mercury node 1-5.

I seen to have really rely on my gun because anytime I try to melee anything I get stomped.

Just looking for a bit of direction.

OMG!!! I didn't know this. maybe I can actually do something with all these useless mods I have.
No one wants your crap. Folks want the rate stuff.

I seen to have really rely on my gun because anytime I try to melee anything I get stomped.

Only spend platinum on warframe and weapon slots. Everything else can be earned in-game.

Your melee will suck until you pick up a Galatine and get some good mods.

You are really just stuck sucking for a while until you get something good. You get something good by upping your mastery. Just keep playing and saving. There is a period of pain where they want to make you spend platinum.

Use your plat on warframe and weapon slots, no other way of getting them.

Get the Braton and ditch the mk1. Learn to fuse mods together to upgrade your frame. Especially slash dash a radial blind as those are both good powers for him.

Sentinals are good but buy a blueprint for one once you have enough money.

Just keep going through the nodes and grinding defense or surivial on Mercury to help level yourself up. Once you get to Venus keep killing the boss to get all Rhino parts then build him.

No one wants your crap. Folks want the rate stuff.

Only spend platinum on warframe and weapon slots. Everything else can be earned in-game.

What about stuff like 120% melee damage cards, 120% crit chance with rifles. 65% melee range. 60% electric and Freeze cards??? Are those worth selling for plat???

One question for the ones who own both prime version and the normal warframe of the same type.

1012674_10153761839890475_829646411_n.jpg

I have Mag and Mag prime, Mag prime can use Mag helmet but cant equip the helmet, its a bug or Mag Prime can really equip mag Helmet.

In the image it marks me Mag Prime can wear the Helmet but the "Equip"(X) option is not shown but can equip Coil helmet.

koryuken

"You can't kill me if I kill myself first, loser! Ha-ha!"

The more I think about it, the more I firmly believe the problem isn't so much that Galatine is overpowered as that the vast majority of melee weapons are horribly underpowered. I spend most of my time leveling weapons just to try them out and grind rank, so I'm actually not using Galatine most of the time...

But I'm not using what I've got equipped, either. In a world where Galatine didn't exist, I probably just wouldn't use melee weapons at all 95% of the time, because most of them are objectively bad compared to primary weapons and not at all worth the risk of closing range to use, unless you're playing an Ash/Loki or just desperately need to knock down a Capture target and don't have the means with your current Warframe.

So, yeah. Don't nerf Galatine, buff just about every other melee weapon instead.

I'm building the Dual Ichors... those actually look pretty promising.

What about stuff like 120% melee damage cards, 120% crit chance with rifles. 65% melee range. 60% electric and Freeze cards??? Are those worth selling for plat???
It depends what weapon the elemental stuff is on, but the rest is common. If the card doesn't say "rare", it is probably not desirable. Serration is a noteworthy exception.

Serrenn

Banned
I've tried to get into this game, played for an hour or so with a friend yesterday.

I just don't get it. Is the entire game supposed to happen in the same brown corridors of some ships? I hate the level design and how enemies look. We've finished like 5 missions and quit. Maybe I'm missing something?

HORRORSHØW

I've tried to get into this game, played for an hour or so with a friend yesterday.

I just don't get it. Is the entire game supposed to happen in the same brown corridors of some ships? I hate the level design and how enemies look. We've finished like 5 missions and quit. Maybe I'm missing something?
the environments change as you get further in the game, but the core gameplay is the same throughout.

IvorB

Sooooo.... made about 300K credits running the infestation invasions at the weekend. I might even splash out on a sentinel or something crazy. What the hell?

Played quite a bit of Oberon. He seems alright but he's made me realise how fast Loki is. Does anyone know what the deal is with his first skill? It's always saying "invalid target". What's up with that?

Also saw the levels on that desert planet for the first time which I had never seen before. Pretty cool, man. I hope they add lot's more outdoor levels.

FUME5

Played quite a bit of Oberon. He seems alright but he's made me realise how fast Loki is. Does anyone know what the deal is with his first skill. It's always saying "invalid target". What's up with that?

You have to have the reticule directly over an enemy as it turns them to your side - f'n annoying to get working right in the middle of a firefight. Debating whether to keep it on.

ParityBit

Hey Mol, sorry I did not get your message until late last night. I usually just keep my game on all the time, so even when I flip over to real T/V? or my Xbox.

I checked my nightmare mods. I have them all except for the Hammer Shot.

IvorB

Those environments are the worst in the game; they do get much better. You need to experience the crafting/customisation aspect of the game to truly appreciate what it is about. Combat is only one part of the story. The game doesn't explain much but there are very deep systems at work.

You have to have the reticule directly over an enemy as it turns them to your side - f'n annoying to get working right in the middle of a firefight. Debating whether to keep it on.

Yeah I thought it would be that. That's pretty lame. And here's me trying to use it on a swarm of moving infested. The effect doesn't seem that great when it lands either.

So far I think the healing seems pretty great. I managed to finish a survival mission after life support had run out by casting the heal and making a desperate dash for the extraction. Good times :).

The carpet thing is only so-so but has potential maybe if it lasted longer. I'll see how it goes.

frizby

Essence Loki Helm! Yes!

Also, apparently I have Quick Thinking. I had no idea. Now I just need Rage for the super OP combination.

LOL. Thought about you when I saw that helm on Twitter.

Rage/QT isn't super OP, but it will save your butt quite a lot. The only situations that are a real threat are the ones where you take constant damage (fire, heavy gunners, swarmed by infested) and the two mods don't have time to proc. Otherwise, you can recover from most anything, including anything the Stalker can dish out.

I'm told that they nerfed the combo at some point, but I'm not seeing it. Must have been really OP before if that's the case.

What is the best way to capitalize on Nekros' Terrify ability? I imagine that it's hard to aim and hit enemies running around randomly, so I am curious if there is a gun that is easier to use in this situation than another. Nekros might be the only frame I will run something other than Energy Siphon on. I am thinking about stacking the Corruption Aura mod on him with Terrify for big damage.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
One more night time jadeleaf and I'll be set for the 400 run.

One question for the ones who own both prime version and the normal warframe of the same type.

I have Mag and Mag prime, Mag prime can use Mag helmet but cant equip the helmet, its a bug or Mag Prime can really equip mag Helmet.

In the image it marks me Mag Prime can wear the Helmet but the "Equip"(X) option is not shown but can equip Coil helmet.
It's stupid, but I don't think you can equip the default helmet right now.

Dunlop

That's how all helmets will be going forward, DE wants them to be purely cosmetic. They just haven't figured out what to do with all the old ones that already have stats on them.

They better keep the stats, my son was looking at the game and ended up purchasing a helmet for my Trinity, thankfully it was the correct toiletbowl seat one :p

Took me 20 levels but am realizing how horrible specced I was and how good a Trinity really is. Blessing and Link are awesome (I was running around with Well and Energy Vampire)

Just need a good melee weapon. I am seeing everyone and their brother with the OP gallotine and I am almost lvl 3....

Been running alerts which is fun, but I really need to go though all the solar system missions. I have a ton of blueprints now and no access to mats to make anything

molnizzle

Yeah I thought it would be that. That's pretty lame. And here's me trying to use it on a swarm of moving infested. The effect doesn't seem that great when it lands either.

Many abilities in the game require you to directly target an enemy. Thats one of the main reasons I bound all of my WF powers to the d-pad. I can cast any ability without taking my right thumb off the stick, and can even zoom in with L2 while I do it. It's a very convenient way to use your abilities, not to mention faster.

What is the best way to capitalize on Nekros' Terrify ability? I imagine that it's hard to aim and hit enemies running around randomly, so I am curious if there is a gun that is easier to use in this situation than another. Nekros might be the only frame I will run something other than Energy Siphon on. I am thinking about stacking the Corruption Aura mod on him with Terrify for big damage.

As I'm sure you've already realized, Terrify is basically just a "Fear" spell. Semi-useful for getting you out of a bind... but obviously there are other Warframes and abilities that do the same thing much better, in my opinion. As for your Aura situation, are you referring to Corrosive Projection? That'd help, but it wouldn't give you enough "big damage" to justify not using Energy Siphon. You're definitely going to want a Siphon on Nekros. I do, at least.

As for weapons for hitting scattered enemies, the issue you run into is that the weapons that deal big AoE damage will also deal damage to you (but not your teammates) if you're too close. For those weapons you normally want to be perched up somewhere off the ground, so your Terrify ability probably wouldn't reach all that far in the first place. There's really only one weapon you'd want to use anyway and that's the Penta. Which is goddamn OP right now. For every Warframe. Because specific weapons for specific Warframes is not a thing. ;-)

IvorB

Just need a good melee weapon. I am seeing everyone and their brother with the OP gallotine and I am almost lvl 3....

Been running alerts which is fun, but I really need to go though all the solar system missions. I have a ton of blueprints now and no access to mats to make anything

I was up for a melee weapon a short while ago and the Galatine was the obvious option. I didn't go for it because it was so common. It sucks when everyone is equipping the same thing. But then I rarely melee so it didn't mean that much to me.

Many abilities in the game require you to directly target an enemy. Thats one of the main reasons I bound all of my WF powers to the d-pad. I can cast any ability without taking my right thumb off the stick, and can even zoom in with L2 while I do it. It's a very convenient way to use your abilities, not to mention faster.

Hmmm... will have to look into that. I kinda liked the swiping...

Dunlop

I was up for a melee weapon a short while ago and the Galatine was the obvious option. I didn't go for it because it was so common. It sucks when everyone is equipping the same thing. But then I rarely melee so it didn't mean that much to me.

It just seems to ridiculously unbalanced at the moment, I assume they will patch it eventually

But with a link specced Trinity and wanting to make a Rhino once I get to freaking Jupiter for the parts it just seems to be the best tank weapon by far

molnizzle

Pressing a button is objectively better than swiping. Faster, more responsive. Leave the swiping for shit like show map, show player list, pull up codex scanner, etc. Stuff you don't do 100 tiles during a mission. ;-)

Sye d'Burns

It's worth noting that, once you've remapped your abilities to the d-pad, you'll lose the ability to place a waypoint (de is aware of it and waypoints are going to be remappable in a future update)

I liked having the abilities on the d-pad but, after a couple hundred hours, it wasn't as easy a transition as I'd hoped it would be. Coupled with the lack of a waypoint, I finally decided to chuck it all and delete the save data on the system (just game settings, everything else is saved server-side.)

If you do remap your left d-pad before the update, deletion will be your only way of getting back the ability to place waypoints.

molnizzle

It's worth noting that, once you've remapped your abilities to the d-pad, you'll lose the ability to place a waypoint (de is aware of it and waypoints are going to be remappable in a future update)

I liked having the abilities on the d-pad but, after a couple hundred hours, it wasn't as easy a transition as I'd hoped it would be. Coupled with the lack of a waypoint, I finally decided to chuck it all and delete the save data on the system (just game settings, everything else is saved server-side.)

If you do remap your left d-pad before the update, deletion will be your only way of getting back the ability to place waypoints.

I got used to it in one evening. Makes it easy if you set to d-pad bindings to be the same direction as their corresponding swipes.

Top Bottom