• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Sye d'Burns

I got used to it in one evening. Makes it easy if you set to d-pad bindings to be the same direction as their corresponding swipes.

It more had to do with getting used to gear ( down dpad ) not translating to swipe and the complete loss of waypoints. The actual abilities themselves did become more natural though, in frantic moments, I'd often find myself defaulting to swipes even after a couple of nights.

Nevertheless, once they've patched in waypoint reassignment, I'll end up changing it back, I'm sure.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I got used to it in one evening. Makes it easy if you set to d-pad bindings to be the same direction as their corresponding swipes.
Quoted for truth, I can't imagine going back to the touchpad for power activation. Sure, the gear menu activation doesn't work on the touchpad swipe but considering how infrequently anyone actually uses gear it's simple enough to hotkey specific slots to the swipe (like I did with the Scanner to right swipe.)

All DE needs to do now is fix the loss of Waypoints after reconfiguring the controller, and then I'll be all set.

IvorB

It just seems to ridiculously unbalanced at the moment, I assume they will patch it eventually

But with a link specced Trinity and wanting to make a Rhino once I get to freaking Jupiter for the parts it just seems to be the best tank weapon by far

Jupiter... Corpus planet. That will be fun. :)

Pressing a button is objectively better than swiping. Faster, more responsive. Leave the swiping for shit like show map, show player list, pull up codex scanner, etc. Stuff you don't do 100 tiles during a mission. ;-)

But it's the feel of swiping. :)

It's worth noting that, once you've remapped your abilities to the d-pad, you'll lose the ability to place a waypoint (de is aware of it and waypoints are going to be remappable in a future update)

I liked having the abilities on the d-pad but, after a couple hundred hours, it wasn't as easy a transition as I'd hoped it would be. Coupled with the lack of a waypoint, I finally decided to chuck it all and delete the save data on the system (just game settings, everything else is saved server-side.)

If you do remap your left d-pad before the update, deletion will be your only way of getting back the ability to place waypoints.

What do you use the waypoint for? Any objective you need to find is highlighted on your map already...

Born2Live

Jupiter... Corpus planet. That will be fun. :)

But it's the feel of swiping. :)

What do you use the waypoint for? Any objective you need to find is highlighted on your map already...

I use the waypoint mainly as a way of highlighting rare mods/jadeleafs for other players. I'm sure other people use it for the same thing.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ability A to right stick click is the only thing I've changed (other than UI stuff like party info on dpad left).

Oh, and I finally finished my Vermilion thing. Should be able to do the defence today or tomorrow if anyone else can.

Dave1988

This is what DE are working on in terms of "end game".

1391462393510yozst.png

iR8hUf3SXnrq1.gif

Why hello thar. What'd I miss? ;p

Reading those end-game ideas, ehhh... Some of that latter stuff gives me Eve Online vibes, which to me would be a problem if this game ultimately becomes all about clans and larger organizational structures at the cost of casual play and easy co-op. DE already has a problem with the beginner experience for this game, and that's probably a result of losing themselves too much in the details of their game without being able to take a step outside it and see the bigger picture.

Keep it fun, try to keep things simple, and make it as easy as possible for players to get matched up with others of a similar power level with similar goals. That all seems more important than an end-game - well to me it does, anyway.

And for the love of all things, no more scavenger hunts for plants that may or may not exist, and even then only at certain scheduled times, because random reasons. Tedium and busywork is exactly the stuff that makes people more sensitive to having their time wasted. No more of those missions please, ever, ever again.

Ugh, I hate that there is a hidden Design Council forums. This stuff gets posted everywhere else quickly, but still. What's the point other than give the DC peoples the ability to say "FIRST!" when info like this is posted.

Focus abilities and faction reputation sound good, but I'm not liking the solar map thing. All I can think of is how big clans/alliances might take over a crucial area and tax it all to hell, and smaller clans will be grossly out-manned to do anything about it.

HORRORSHØW

Focus sounds interesting. So, there's going to be 4 more abilities on top of pre-existing abilities, except these are limited by cooldown periods?

The Badlands is also an interesting concept. They're going to let players dictate how the game evolves and mutates, but I'm wary of how big clans can monopolize the star map. I guess smaller clans can team up to alleviate some of the problem.

We'll see how it all goes down. I'm more excited about the new UI and melee 2.0. Has DE said anything about those?

FUME5

Grimløck;99500237 said:
Focus sounds interesting. So, there's going to be 4 more abilities on top of pre-existing abilities, except these are limited by cooldown periods?

The Badlands is also an interesting concept. They're going to let players dictate how the game evolves and mutates, but I'm wary of how big clans can monopolize the star map. I guess smaller clans can team up to alleviate some of the problem.

We'll see how it all goes down. I'm more excited about the new UI and melee 2.0. Has DE said anything about those?

How many 300 people clans are there?

FUME5

Grimløck;99504947 said:
We can align the L0C0s and Trailer Park Boyz. The Solar System will be ours.

I'm 36 man, I've been outta the game too long to be fuckin with the Ls and TPBs.

bLaiSe

Went through 2600 mods to sell 1700 of them (worth 450k credits) and when I press square to confirm I get an error...
It took me half an hour.

sigh

SnakeEyes

Banned
We'll slowly chip away at them, just like we did with Carnage. We were something like 7th place in mid December.

When I checked that page 2 days ago, we were 25k up on Carnage and Redsky hadn't moved from where they are now. It looks like their entire clan has all quit at the same time from looking at those numbers, it's like they haven't moved an inch whereas we've jumped up another 35k.

I aways did want to try that...

It seems to me to be an Accountant/Bankers wet dream of a game. I like watching the aftermath of the epic battles, but I don't think I could ever get into it.

Yea, except with 57 Titans being destroyed, it'll be thousands of PS4s destroyed due to M. Prime spam

Somebody better not forget to pay the rent dammit.
I lost my shit when that happened. It was the last hour of my work day and I had all my colleagues around my iMac watching the battle occur on Twitch. It was awesome :D

Wow, the Kunai really are good. I am going to hunt down Despair now. It is wild having a sidearm that can kill things.

Also, if anyone needs Neural Sensors, Alad V has nightmare mode up. You can hit two birds with one stone and get some nightmare mods while getting sensors.

Edit: oh yeah, and Mol was right about Radial Disarm. Goddamn that move is good. I decided to be happy with +100% range, 75% efficiency, and +50% duration. It gives me a happy medium where I can throw out Radial Disarm constantly but still remain stealthed permanently. All of my mods are power-oriented, but I accept that. Everything 1-shot me at high level void missions anyway.

Helscream

Banned
So considering I was about to nearly hit the 5 Million credit mark I decided it was time to go ahead and rank up Serration and Heavy Caliber from rank 9-10.

Most of the fusings here were from extra mod's that had the matching polarity and common/uncommon 3 fusion cores mixed in with some Uncommon 5 fusion cores.

The fusings here were ALL Uncommon 5 mixed in with some Rare 5 fusion cores.

"GODLIKE" Penta. (Paris Prime ain't got shit on this.)

Much Credits.
Very Damage.
Such E-Peen.

IvorB

DE is forgetting the "why?" Of that endgame.

What is the "why" of endgame? I don't really understand this concept (endgame).

The new content looks good to me. That's more stuff to think about outside of upgrading guns and shooting aliens. I like the focus and factions stuff. It could use a bit more... dare I say it... story.

KORNdoggy

What is the "why" of endgame? I don't really understand this concept (endgame).

The new content looks good to me. That's more stuff to think about outside of upgrading guns and shooting aliens. I like the focus and factions stuff. It could use a bit more... dare I say it... story.

i think they're trying to figure out what people are suposed to do once they reach not only max rank, but have all the best mods, all maxed out, potato'd, forma'd and are basically laying waste to everything in the solar map. they've added tower missions and orikin derilict missions, but obviously people need to be able to do more and for more reasons. they've not really ticked those boxes yet imo. but they're getting there.

IvorB

i think they're trying to figure out what people are suposed to do once they reach not only max rank, but have all the best mods, all maxed out, potato'd, forma'd and are basically laying waste to everything in the solar map. they've added tower missions and orikin derilict missions, but obviously people need to be able to do more and for more reasons. they've not really ticked those boxes yet imo. but they're getting there.

Isn't that The End? What's the point of continuing to play beyond that? When I am no longer leveling or progressing there isn't really any point in me playing I reckon.

So I hope they will make this stuff they talked about available to people that aren't maxed out because it would really add a lot to the game in earlier stages.

Top Bottom