• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Liljagare

How often have others had the issue w. "Connection to server timed-out"... had it happen last night, and today again, prior to this, has never happened.. :}

IvorB

All this snow in my area is ruining my travel plans...
More time for warframe I guess!

Think I might have to arrange a "work from home" day this week. Get some WF time in. Weekend is not enough.

Soooo... let's talk about sentinels. I was thinking to pick one up and looking at Dethcube and Shade. Heavy damage vs cloaking. What do people think? Anyone have either one of these and care to comment?

Dunlop

When you are waiting on a mastery level does the mastery xp still build up?

i.e

I went to do the test for level 3 and adding to the fact I am pretty crappy at melee I did not realize I had unmapped block so I failed and have to wait until tonight to try again....

But last night I did level up my warframe, weapons, etc

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
When you are waiting on a mastery level does the mastery xp still build up?

i.e

I went to do the test for level 3 and adding to the fact I am pretty crappy at melee I did not realize I had unmapped block so I failed and have to wait until tonight to try again....

But last night I did level up my warframe, weapons, etc

Yeah, don't worry about it.

IMBored

Think I might have to arrange a "work from home" day this week. Get some WF time in. Weekend is not enough.

Soooo... let's talk about sentinels. I was thinking to pick one up and looking at Dethcube and Shade. Heavy damage vs cloaking. What do people think? Anyone have either one of these and care to comment?

Well, first of all if you don't have carrier, you should.
Between shade and cube, I would go shade first, if only because I see some unique value in it. Being able to cloak and not auto-firing is good for solo missions. The cube however just doesn't do anything unique. His gun is good tough.

Dunlop

Yeah, don't worry about it.
thx

trying to plow my way through the planet missions until I can get to Jupiter which will at least let me build my Rhino

fake edit: just looked at the wiki...are the planets only locked by level?!?!!

My Warframe is lvl 22, I have just been following the sequence after beating the boss of a plant. According to the Wiki I could have done Jupiter a while ago

thx

trying to plow my way through the planet missions until I can get to Jupiter which will at least let me build my Rhino

fake edit: just looked at the wiki...are the planets only locked by level?!?!!

My Warframe is lvl 22, I have just been following the sequence after beating the boss of a plant. According to the Wiki I could have done Jupiter a while ago

The planets are only locked by path, i.e. if you have completed a node, you have access to all of its adjacent nodes. There is no other requirement.

IvorB

Well, first of all if you don't have carrier, you should.
Between shade and cube, I would go shade first, if only because I see some unique value in it. Being able to cloak and not auto-firing is good for solo missions. The cube however just doesn't do anything unique. His gun is good tough.

Yeah actually, carrier seems like a good option also. Dethcube just has guns but all the others have guns and something extra. Are Dethcube's guns really powerful? Does the Shade cloak work well? Carrier seems straight-forward and super helpful.

I really don't know who designed these sentinels but they are ugly as hell, all of them. :-(

ParityBit

Yeah actually, carrier seems like a good option also. Dethcube just has guns but all the others have guns and something extra. Are Dethcube's guns really powerful? Does the Shade cloak work well? Carrier seems straight-forward and super helpful.

I really don't know who designed these sentinels but they are ugly as hell, all of them. :-(

It's a F2P. They design it to look like crap and sell cool looking skins for real money.

I have all 4 so I could max them out and just have them for when needed. I am working on maxing out my last one. Shade.

IMBored

That's why you can buy a lot of cosmetics for them :)
Cube's gun is not all that powerful but it's, imo, the best of the sentinel weapons. Shade's works well enough to get to the extraction in a pinch, speedrun solo or just run away. And carrier is hands down the best sentinel.

It's a F2P. They design it to look like crap and sell cool looking skins for real money.

I have all 4 so I could max them out and just have them for when needed. I am working on maxing out my last one. Shade.

What about Djinn. Don't forget Djinn. Actually, forget him, I hear it sucks.

You can use the gun from one Sentinel on a different one if you prefer it, though it can cause some minor problems - mostly if you try to use a non-Sweeper weapon on Sentinel (its attack program won't shoot things more than arm-length away) - if you really like one of the weapons better than others. The main choice is in which primary ability (Vacuum, Cloaking, etc.) you want.

That said, Vaporize is actually pretty impressive. Cloaking is probably better if you're playing a frame with long, non-invulnerable cast times (Mag, Nova, etc.) that you need to be covered during, but if you just want obnoxious as shit Shield Lancers to stop sneaking up and hi-fiving you with their shields while giggling maniacally, Vaporize is actually pretty tits.

It also has some hilarious "features", like triggering when Grineer Commanders use their annoying Switch Teleport, or when Scorpions reel you in with their annoying grapple, or when - you know what, Grineer are really fucking annoying, use Dethcube if you just really hate Grineer.

Carrier's the reliable stand-by, though.

Kurod

Banned
DE needs to get on the horn with Sony and see about getting Mr Zurkon as an exclusive guest sentinel. I'd pay money for that.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You can use the gun from one Sentinel on a different one if you prefer it, though it can cause some minor problems - mostly if you try to use a non-Sweeper weapon on Sentinel (its attack program won't shoot things more than arm-length away) - if you really like one of the weapons better than others. The main choice is in which primary ability (Vacuum, Cloaking, etc.) you want.

That said, Vaporize is actually pretty impressive. Cloaking is probably better if you're playing a frame with long, non-invulnerable cast times (Mag, Nova, etc.) that you need to be covered during, but if you just want obnoxious as shit Shield Lancers to stop sneaking up and hi-fiving you with their shields while giggling maniacally, Vaporize is actually pretty tits.

It also has some hilarious "features", like triggering when Grineer Commanders use their annoying Switch Teleport, or when Scorpions reel you in with their annoying grapple, or when - you know what, Grineer are really fucking annoying, use Dethcube if you just really hate Grineer.

Carrier's the reliable stand-by, though.

Yeah, was about to say, vaporize is pretty good...

SnakeEyes

Banned
DE needs to get on the horn with Sony and see about getting Mr Zurkon as an exclusive guest sentinel. I'd pay money for that.

My god, that is a brilliant idea!!

In other news, I got home from a shitty day at work yesterday to find that my internet has crapped out, and I'm now awaiting a call from a service technician to check the exchange cabinet and connection line. It's all a waiting game now... ~_~

So I went to the Trading post for the first time today. Didn't know there as a trading chat box there. But I see people talking about a dojo and trading and stuff. but how do you trade in this game???

I wanted to buy the FLOW mod for 5 platinum but I have no idea how to do it.

Do you start up a mission and then drop items or something???

hyp

So I went to the Trading post for the first time today. Didn't know there as a trading chat box there. But I see people talking about a dojo and trading and stuff. but how do you trade in this game???

I wanted to buy the FLOW mod for 5 platinum but I have no idea how to do it.

Do you start up a mission and then drop items or something???

you and the other player need to be in the dojo. either player activates the trading station and the trade begins. make sure to invite the player you're trading with to the dojo or have him invite you to his .

you and the other player need to be in the dojo. either player activates the trading station and the trade begins. make sure to invite the player you're trading with to the dojo or have him invite you to his .

Ok cool. I see in the menu, on keys, its says access to clan dojo and secret locations.
And I select it and I got a bunch of keys, but I don't see any thing in there about a dojo. Do I have to join a clan to get a dojo or something???

I really hate how this game does a poor job at explaining anything. I have to constantly pull up the wiki for anything. And some things even the Wiki doesn't tell you much about, trading for example.

hyp

Ok cool. I see in the menu, on keys, its says access to clan dojo and secret locations.
And I select it and I got a bunch of keys, but I don't see any thing in there about a dojo. Do I have to join a clan to get a dojo or something???

I really hate how this game does a poor job at explaining anything. I have to constantly pull up the wiki for anything. And some things even the Wiki doesn't tell you much about, trading for example.

yes you need to be in a clan and purchase the clan key blueprint from the market. then use the key from the keys menu to transport you to the dojo. from there you can send an invite to the person you're trading with.

just make sure your clan has the trading post and you're golden.

Born2Live

Looks like the hunt for heavy caliber goes on. Just completed my first night of nothing but nightmare runs with no joy. Got a feeling this hunt will be a long one.

Does anybody know how much heavy caliber sells for on the trading post?

HORRORSHØW

Looks like the hunt for heavy caliber goes on. Just completed my first night of nothing but nightmare runs with no joy. Got a feeling this hunt will be a long one.

heavy cal or hammer shot, because the latter is the nightmare mod. just run capture nightmare mode with loki. each run should take a couple of minutes.

And to answer your question. You really shouldn't pay more than 20p for it. PC-side had a patch where all nightmare mods were easy to acquire via nightmare alerts.

David___

Banned

Heavy Cal is in the Orokin Vault, Hammer Shot is the nightmare mod. As for how much I sold mine for, I got 110p for an unranked.

bLaiSe

You can get 80p for an unranked Hammer Shot easily.

Korezo

I'm starting to play this game more but still don't fully get it yet. In order to get new weapons and warframes am I suppose to buy the blueprints on the Market and then farm the materials? Or can blueprints also be farmed?

David___

Banned
Grimløck;99661928 said:
i said "wow" at those prices. decided to test the market and sold mine for 100p real fast.

Thats what you're going to see usually with Hammer Shot and sometimes Blaze until Nightmare Alerts come to the PS4.

HORRORSHØW

Alright, if you have a Vermillion Antitoxin and haven't done your run let, lemme know so I can update the leaderboard to reflect that. Organizing runs is going to get more complicated during these last couple of days since there are less and less people needing to run.

WarframeGAF.com/leaderbaord

Direct link to the GDoc (might be better for mobile): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...a1hNRUx3dzFzX0E&single=true&gid=0&output=html
kinda disappointed that about half of the members have not done their run yet. do you by chance know if they've done the 100pt runs at least?

How often have others had the issue w. "Connection to server timed-out"... had it happen last night, and today again, prior to this, has never happened.. :}
Have played almost every day since release and this has happened twice - you lose your mission progress too, which sucks.

I've also notice that public matches have similar framerate problems as I'd see pre-patch, but private games are running better than ever. So have been running solo and private every chance I get, as the game runs like a dream when doing so, mostly.

molnizzle

Grimløck;99673430 said:
kinda disappointed that about half of the members have not done their run yet. do you by chance know if they've done the 100pt runs at least?

I just went through the entire clan list and double-checked every member's profile. These numbers are 100% accurate as of this moment:

WarframeGAF.com/leaderboard

We're at over 50% participation if you count the groups that had issues with one particular individual and only scored 300. I'm kinda disappointed too... but we still have over 24 hours left. I'm gonna grind out another Vermillion (or two) to help squeeze in some more members on the final day.

Countdown to the end of the Cicero Crisis:
t1391706000z1.png

Liljagare

I still cant get in on the Cicero crisis.. says the council something something.. how long did it take to grind that up?

Got a rhino atleast, I like it, its pretty tanky tank.. :) Starting to think I need new weps soonishly, just not doing alot of dmg.

molnizzle

I still cant get in on the Cicero crisis.. says the council something something.. how long did it take to grind that up?

Erm... have you not progressed to Earth yet?

Damn it... I've been to lazy. Guess it's too late to get any good rewards from Cicero or.. not?

Not too late, you still have over 24 hours and several more day/night cycles to get the scans you need. Get on it!

cicero8nr6q.png

Liljagare

Done earth, onto Mars or the planet after.. But, I haven't done the "boss" on earth, killed it, but have had those sessions end in a disconnect.. :p

Gotta look tonight exactly what it sez when I try the.

Kurod

Banned
I need to take a break from this game and its awful bugs and its stupid fucking teeth gnashingly frustrating God damned bullshit RNG.

Dunlop

dumb questions, have my Rhino armor being prepared atm

Where the hell is the Orokin Reactor in the market?

edit:nvm it's right where it should be...time for some caffeine

Semaj

Neo Member
So I just started playing this again, I stopped because all my friends moved in to battlefield so I had no one to play with. I'm wondering if there's any available spots in the clan. If so my psn id is

SunEL
EST timezone

Tigris seems like a good potato candidate for the fun factor alone. There's nothing like a big BLAM, except a double BLAM.

Also, finally got Fleeting Expertise after 46 vault runs. Trinity is now an unkillable boss.

molnizzle

Can I have invite, please? Thanks in advance

PSN ID: shabann
Timezone: CET

Invite sent.

So I just started playing this again, I stopped because all my friends moved in to battlefield so I had no one to play with. I'm wondering if there's any available spots in the clan. If so my psn id is

SunEL
EST timezone

Invite sent.

i'm going to farm up a second vermillion. How many extra vermillion do we have left in the clan ?

Not sure how many extra. I'll have at least two on me today ready to go, others may have some as well. I distributed out the rest of my stash last night.

Top Bottom