• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

What is the best primary weapon for killing Toxic Ancients? Now that I am fully decked out, I am always invisible and have everything around me disarmed. The only thing that scares me is their poison aura, as my health is super low. What is the best way to take one of those guys out asap? I am fine with my primary weapon being tooled for nothing but them.

Edit: Dread, Miter, and Ignis all seem to be good options.

Keep in mind that I am not rank 6 for the Penta yet.

Is Ignis considered a silent weapon?

I need to take a break from this game and its awful bugs and its stupid fucking teeth gnashingly frustrating God damned bullshit RNG.
What broke the camel's back?

I finally got bored enough to try this and I'm actually having fun. I have no idea what I'm doing and still need a headset, but I look forward to digging into it. If I could get an invite to the clan, that'd be cool.

PSN: OldDirtyBiscuit
Time zone: CST

molnizzle

The clock is ticking for the Cicero Crisis!
t1391706000z1.png

See our current Clan standings at WarframeGAF.com/leaderboard.

Get your Antitoxins farmed and your runs knocked out while you still can. Roadmap:

cicero8nr6q.png

I thought YouGotReaped went last night.

Also, I think those who donated additional injectors deserve their own rank or something. Commander, for example. That is some huge generosity on their part.

And what the hell at all those zeroes.

What is the best primary weapon for killing Toxic Ancients? Now that I am fully decked out, I am always invisible and have everything around me disarmed. The only thing that scares me is their poison aura, as my health is super low. What is the best way to take one of those guys out asap? I am fine with my primary weapon being tooled for nothing but them.

Edit: Dread, Miter, and Ignis all seem to be good options.

Keep in mind that I am not rank 6 for the Penta yet.

Is Ignis considered a silent weapon?

Ignis isn't silent, but you'll want to use corrosive damage on toxic and disrupting ancients. The miter is a terrible choice though. Dread and ignis will work, so will soma and synapse. Honestly, any decent weapon with good corrosive will work.

molnizzle

Also, I think those who donated additional injectors deserve their own rank or something. Commander, for example. That is some huge generosity on their part.

Not a bad idea.

And what the hell at all those zeroes.

Seriously! I figured some people would blow off the Vermillions and just get 100, but 0? I don't understand how you can even play a game like this and let yourself miss out on 4x kickass exclusive mods, not to mention exclusive weapon. Nuts.

We went for a 100 run and failed it.

And just before, I was on my own account and we got 300 points due to a bug. Bad luck!
If you guys aborted when the bug happened, would you have gotten your stuff back?

Ignis isn't silent, but you'll want to use corrosive damage on toxic and disrupting ancients. The miter is a terrible choice though. Dread and ignis will work, so will soma and synapse. Honestly, any decent weapon with good corrosive will work.
Yeah, I got the Corrosive part figured out.

Why is Miter bad? That slash damage looks pretty delicious.

I will probably stick with my Dread, then. Can I realistically go around 1-shotting high level ancients with it? IIRC, Mol said Synapse and Ignis are getting nerfed. I should probably stick with a weapon that's good for the long-term.

Seriously! I figured some people would blow off the Vermillions and just get 100, but 0? I don't understand how you can even play a game like this and let yourself miss out on 4x kickass exclusive mods, not to mention exclusive weapon. Nuts.
Exactly. Plus there was a full 2 weeks to get it done.

No idea. Would've been nice if we could though. One of the group members couldn't get the Cicero machine to accept his vermillion.
Yeah, I read the conversation. What a crappy situation.

Anyone else with thoughts on the best Toxic Ancient killer?

molnizzle

The top tier weapons right now are the Soma, Synapse and Penta. Those three are better than just about everything else in the game. Synapse is gonna be kinda nerfed after our next patch (it'll still be awesome though), but the other two are still safe bets. Since the Penta is more situational that leaves the Soma.

The important thing for any weapon is just to mod it appropriately for what your fighting. For Infested you want Corrosive because that's the main weakness of the Toxic Ancients and Ancient Disruptors. Ideally you will also have a bit of Fire damage on as well, so three damage types total including the physical.

If you guys aborted when the bug happened, would you have gotten your stuff back?

Yeah, I got the Corrosive part figured out.

Why is Miter bad? That slash damage looks pretty delicious.

I will probably stick with my Dread, then. Can I realistically go around 1-shotting high level ancients with it? IIRC, Mol said Synapse and Ignis are getting nerfed. I should probably stick with a weapon that's good for the long-term.

It depends when you abort, as antitoxins get used up when you start the countdown. Abort before injecting, and you keep them.

The miter just doesn't do enough damage. Its crit capability is really low, and doesn't get as big a bonus from being charged up as the dread. Maybe this is just me, but the miter feels really inaccurate too. I can headshot with bows, rifles, and pistols easily, but it seems like I completely miss outright with the miter way too often. A shame, because I like the weapon thematically a lot.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The top tier weapons right now are the Soma, Synapse and Penta. Those three are better than just about everything else in the game. Synapse is gonna be kinda nerfed after our next patch (it'll still be awesome though), but the other two are still safe bets. Since the Penta is more situational that leaves the Soma.

Soma has always been a top tier weapon.

Just for the sake of it I modded it with critical delay and hammershot on top of the regular crit mods and it was hilarious.

Anyone have a good Soma "end-game" build for each faction? I'm building it now and should have all the important mods.

Soma isn't really good against Corpus.

But you need :

for all

Serration (dmg boost)
Split Chamber (double shot for one ammo)
Vital Chance (crit dmg)
Point Strike (crit chance)

against infested :
Bane of Infested (more dmg to infested)
Sawtooth (slash dmg boost)

Against grineer :
Bane of Grineer
Piercing hit (puncture dmg boost)

So you add up and that's only 6 mods out of 8. Here's why: the rest is up to you:
- Shred (more fire rate, punch through. It's very good for corridors full of enemies and it's ammo efficient)
- Heavy Caliber (more dmg, less accuracy) usefull to a certain rank. After that, lots of weapons are just not accurate enough
- Rifle Ammo Mutation (transmute any kind of Ammo into Rifle Ammo. Very useful for ammo eating Soma for example or if you are trigger happy)

Or you can go the Elemental way. Against Infested you have Fire + Toxic mods combo. Against Grineer you want Toxic + Electrcity mods. That's 2 mods.

I don't recommend :
- Hammer shot. It's good for Crit build but the second boost is status chance. If you don't use elemental it's not that interesting

Dunlop

Outside of a Operation that gives it as a reward, is there any quick way to make money in the game?

Have a Boltron,Fragor and 3 Rhino parts in the oven.

To apply the Rhino final blueprint it will take $25k and I was hoping it would be possible tonight

At work so I haven't looked at the price of selling duplicate mods or anthything

Outside of a Operation that gives it as a reward, is there any quick way to make money in the game?

Have a Boltron,Fragor and 3 Rhino parts in the oven.

To apply the Rhino final blueprint it will take $25k and I was hoping it would be possible tonight

At work so I haven't looked at the price of selling duplicate mods or anthything
Farm bosses and sell the blueprints they drop. That is another 3k or so per run.

Helscream

Banned

Well considering Ancient Disruptors and Toxic Ancient have Fossilized health your weapons should consist of anything that deals Blast, Corrosive, and Slash. Over Slash and Corrosive are the best across the board because you don't have to worry about that damage type being reduced. Blast will kill Disruptors and Toxic Ancients faster, but will do half the damage to Healers.

Since your not level 6 yet my suggestion are Dual Vastos, Dread, Ignis, and the Glaive(Prime) is a honorary mention. With mods like Power Throw and Whirlwind you
can shred through multiple infested with one charged attack. The Miter is a interesting weapon. It seems to do alot of damage when charged and adds punch through. Also it has a 25% status chance and the Slash damage status chance can prove to be extremely powerful, but I never used it so its on you to figure it out.

Anyone have a good Soma "end-game" build for each faction? I'm building it now and should have all the important mods.

If available these are the mods you should have;

Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Hammer Shot. You should have these five mods equipped on your Soma at all times. Your getting a boost to your Damage, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Status chance.

The next two out of three slots left should be use to combine and possible elemental combination for the appropriate faction. Viral, Corrosive, and Magnetic.

The final slot is completely up to you. I would suggest using ammo rifle mutation because you basically have unlimited ammo with it and can sustain your DPS indefinitely without any interruption. This will pay off when going against enemies that are level 40+ and take a lot of rounds to put down.

If wish not to use Rifle ammo mutation then you could instead use the appropriate Bane mod for extra damage.

EDIT: The Soma starts with two V polarities. I would suggest you either add 1 V and 2 - (dash) polarities. Or Add 3 - (dash) polarities. You will need it to apply all the necessary mods.

Korten

Banned
Erm... have you not progressed to Earth yet?

Not too late, you still have over 24 hours and several more day/night cycles to get the scans you need. Get on it!

cicero8nr6q.png

Oh wait... The transition happens every 6 hours? Shit. I don't get out of class tonight till nearly 10 PM tonight.

manfestival

im finding it so hard to get into this game. Literally only play the game one mission at a time and only doing it so I can broadcast on twitch on my ps4 lol.

I never have a clue as to whats going on and I feel like its just pointlessly running around and shooting the dudes.

im finding it so hard to get into this game. Literally only play the game one mission at a time and only doing it so I can broadcast on twitch on my ps4 lol.

I never have a clue as to whats going on and I feel like its just pointlessly running around and shooting the dudes.

U12 coming today on PC a least will provide tutorial through the Codex.

bLaiSe

I like this Darvo guy. Who is he? Will we hear more of him?
"It's the Gri...oh it's the Corpus. Definitely the Corpus."

I like this Darvo guy. Who is he? Will we hear more of him?
"It's the Gri...oh it's the Corpus. Definitely the Corpus."

Darvo is, apparently, the 'Marketplace' NPC who is the personification of the sale of goods for platinum. There's a funny little backstory related to this mission:

Because they had a "Who Needs the Stalker?" sale of the Stalker's item set for platinum, the joke went around that Darvo had better watch his back if he gets caught selling that shit. Well, apparently he did get caught selling that shit. The entire point of that Alert mission is that he's luring out the Stalker and using you to fight him before the Stalker can find and kill him.

bLaiSe

Darvo is, apparently, the 'Marketplace' NPC who is the personification of the sale of goods for platinum. There's a funny little backstory related to this mission:

Because they had a "Who Needs the Stalker?" sale of the Stalker's item set for platinum, the joke went around that Darvo had better watch his back if he gets caught selling that shit. Well, apparently he did get caught selling that shit. The entire point of that Alert mission is that he's luring out the Stalker and using you to fight him before the Stalker can find and kill him.
Oh, so that's why the Stalker showed up.
Finally killed him the first time. Every single time he came after me or my teammates I had shitty gear on me.

Kurod

Banned

Farming for Split Chamber for close to two week at Narcissus, Palys, Ruk, and Raptor with no luck. Joined an assassination mission to kill Raptor to get some control modules, money, and hopefully SC. Durring the fight I fall through the world and can't get out. Hear my squadmates cheer as Raptor drops Split Chamber finally while I can't reach it. Mission ends as I softly cry.

Farming for Split Chamber for close to two week at Narcissus, Palys, Ruk, and Raptor with no luck. Joined an assassination mission to kill Raptor to get some control modules, money, and hopefully SC. Durring the fight I fall through the world and can't get out. Hear my squadmates cheer as Raptor drops Split Chamber finally while I can't reach it. Mission ends as I softly cry.

Pro tip : don't farm for specific mod/piece. RNG will always win over you. Just play. It will drop eventualy. Set yourself side short and long terms goals

IvorB

My Oberon is almost maxed and I really don't think I will be going any further with him. Can anyone recommend a good frame to try next? I would like something tactical like Loki, not just a bunch of AOE attacks...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yay, another mobile Warframe.

I still want a massive rebalance patch though. Valkyr and many others need some love and attention.

My Oberon is almost maxed and I really don't think I will be going any further with him. Can anyone recommend a good frame to try next? I would like something tactical like Loki, not just a bunch of AOE attacks...

Vauban. But you don't farm the parts, you either buy it, or be there when the parts drop in alerts.

So looking forward to a new UI.

And of course I'd like to see the PS4 continue to get performance optimizations.

And would love to see an end to buggy alerts - these days its missions that just don't spawn any enemies at all. Makes eliminations impossible to finish and makes other mission types boring.

And less tearing and texture flickering please.

And let me compare weapons against their current stats instead of their base stats.

And....

But seriously, am still having a great time

SnakeEyes

Banned
Pro tip : don't farm for specific mod/piece. RNG will always win over you. Just play. It will drop eventualy. Set yourself side short and long terms goals
Yup, or just suck it up and buy from Trade Chat if you're that desperate.

Too bad there's not a Mod available, like in oldskool RPG games, that increases your chance of getting rare mod drops.

hyp

Yup, or just suck it up and buy from Trade Chat if you're that desperate.

Too bad there's not a Mod available, like in oldskool RPG games, that increases your chance of getting rare mod drops.

yup. prices on rare and uncommon mods are becoming much cheaper. got whirlwind for 5p the other day.

Why not Loki then?

I would rage so hard if this happened to me.

bLaiSe

I can trade you a Split Chamber for something good.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Zephyr's first two abilities are kinda meh, but her Ultimate looks awesome. The fact that the tornados can have elemental damage applied to them means they'll pwn Grineer and Corpus, if you've got the appropriate weapon builds to go with her. I wonder how the 'nados will work with boss enemies though.

However, the BIGGEST news out of this video is that duplicate mods in the menu will stack! Thank christ for that, and it's about damn time!!

SnakeEyes

Banned
yup. prices on rare and uncommon mods are becoming much cheaper. got whirlwind for 5p the other day.
That's also the beauty of Clans - you have people who might have spares of rares, who can be generous enough to trade them for next to nothing (I'm looking at Mol and ixYi, you magnificent bastards.)

FUME5

Mol, while I tried to get a second vermillion going, work and other games got in the way of that. I think you've got me on that list instead of Kurt?

Top Bottom