• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Dunlop

What exactly am I supposed to be doing to make it to "end game"?

I have my trinity at 30, Rhino at about 20 and a Oberon being built (notice the support theme :p ).

I still have a lot of planetary missions to do, I have been running alerts when I have access but what exactly am I working towards?

Anyone know any tips to making Valkyr fun to play? So far she seems rather underwhelming.

Use her war cry to get a insane buff of speed + kunai = destroyer of worlds
Hysteria is good for revived downed enemies or extermination
Her lasso is good for reaching upper levers

Also the galatine moves like a dagger or the Soma shoots like crazy with war cry

I have my trinity at 30, Rhino at about 20 and a Oberon being built (notice the support theme :p ).

I still have a lot of planetary missions to do, I have been running alerts when I have access but what exactly am I working towards?

Derelicts are the end game content in this patch so Assassination Derelict is the end game techincally.

Helscream

Banned
Sleek chocoding™.

Dave we all know you get off to disastrous games like Warframe. You don't have to keep telling us about it.

Just found this thread :D How do I get into the GAF guild?

I'm playing from Australia btw. PSN is Zephyr_Ex. More warframe buddies would be awesome.

I think we have room left to add another shrimp on the barbie.

EDIT: Your clan invite is pending.

Downloading the game now

PSN : tOSUBuckeyes1

Time zone : EST

Alright.

EDIT: "Given username does not Exist" Warframe tells me. So the username you listed in null.

Derelicts and Void are as close as it gets. Really though, for me end game is collectingmods frames, mods and experimenting with multi-formad weapon builds.

Day 2 of Warframe withdrawal... Severe shakes and cold sweat seem to be passing. On my flight yesterday, the cabin lights flickered a bit during landing, looked over at the person sitting next to me and asked them if they had stalker. Must have been a noob. So far have not obtained ANY rare mods or prime blueprints in Boston, loot table must be bugged. Pretty sure all the ice is reducing my max shields.

IMBored

Derelicts and Void are as close as it gets. Really though, for me end game is collectingmods frames, mods and experimenting with multi-formad weapon builds.

Day 2 of Warframe withdrawal... Severe shakes and cold sweat seem to be passing. On my flight yesterday, the cabin lights flickered a bit during landing, looked over at the person sitting next to me and asked them if they had stalker. Must have been a noob. So far have not obtained ANY rare mods or prime blueprints in Boston, loot table must be bugged. Pretty sure all the ice is reducing my max shields.

Lol. You should have gotten a Vita. Then you could remote log in a pub network and afking some invasion missions.

Sorry if this has been asked but a buddy of mine and I have been enjoying this game a lot, but we cannot get close to taking down Jackal. Im using Excalibur and he's using mag, warframes are 20 and our other starting weapons are in the mid 20s. I read the warframe wiki and it mentions it has an attack that can take out just about any warframe in one shot. Seems no matter what we do we always end up getting slaughtered by that attack and run out of ammo at some point. Were constantly trying to stay out of his range but it seems we just get put down with full shields/health way too easily. Any tips for this jerk?

Lol. You should have gotten a Vita. Then you could remote log in a pub network and afking some invasion missions.

I have a vita. Unfortunately, with Warframe remote play only works reasonably well when I'm on my couch in the same room as the PS4. Even in my spare room it loses connection routinely... Forget trying it on the other side of the country lol.

Beck

I've been playing this game for the last two weeks and I didn't even know there was a NeoGaf clan. If there any spots left, i'll gladly help fill one.

PSN: Beck-san
Timezone: CST

This game is surprisingly addicting.

Sye d'Burns

Sorry if this has been asked but a buddy of mine and I have been enjoying this game a lot, but we cannot get close to taking down Jackal. Im using Excalibur and he's using mag, warframes are 20 and our other starting weapons are in the mid 20s. I read the warframe wiki and it mentions it has an attack that can take out just about any warframe in one shot. Seems no matter what we do we always end up getting slaughtered by that attack and run out of ammo at some point. Were constantly trying to stay out of his range but it seems we just get put down with full shields/health way too easily. Any tips for this jerk?

wiki said:
A Mag which activates Bullet Attractor on an enemy can provide an extremely potent combo with this ability if Excalibur then activates this skill while standing next to the target. All javelins will be immediately attracted into the enemy, dealing massive damage.

I'm pretty sure this (Excalibur's Radial Javelin combined with Mag's Bullet Attractor) is what you're recollecting.

Day 2 of Warframe withdrawal... Severe shakes and cold sweat seem to be passing. On my flight yesterday, the cabin lights flickered a bit during landing, looked over at the person sitting next to me and asked them if they had stalker.
That shit unnerves the hell out of me, every single time.

They nailed the spooky voices and flickering lighting and smoke-bamf effects. Definitely gets me nervous.

Got taken down just last night actually, in an early mission with new equipment - like always - but I managed to last about 20 seconds or so this time, which is a new record for me going mano-et-mano with the fucker. Got to watch him bash the hell out of my invulnerable self from within my Nyx absorb bubble. But it didn't hurt him much.

And BTW - Nyx is surprisingly awesome.

koryuken

Got taken down just last night actually, in an early mission with new equipment - like always - but I managed to last about 20 seconds or so this time, which is a new record for me going mano-et-mano with the fucker. Got to watch him bash the hell out of my invulnerable self from within my Nyx absorb bubble. But it didn't hurt him much.

Nyx is definitely very fun. I tried to fight Stalker with a level 30 Nyx, but it didnt work out too well. Supposedly she is one of the few frames that has a good chance against him, but it sure doesn't seem that way in practice. As you are exiting the super and are in recovery for a few seconds, the Stalker kills you...

My next attempt is going to be 5 charges from the Penta on the floor when he arrives. Should do 30k damage or so at the current rank... hoping for a OHK.
(I have a Rhino with Maxed Quick thinking and Rage. I was hoping/planning for a Kamikaze Penta strike as option #2, but unfortunately my Rhino cannot survive this damage.)

ijed

Day 2 of Warframe withdrawal... Severe shakes and cold sweat seem to be passing. On my flight yesterday, the cabin lights flickered a bit during landing, looked over at the person sitting next to me and asked them if they had stalker. Must have been a noob.

I have also done this.

Had him come after me twice in a row last night, it was nice of him to wait until I switched from my maxxed penta to the unranked synapse I just took out of the oven :(
Pubs were partying with him thinking he was another player while he was trying to kill me.

The same with any loot-grind game: Collect all the loot till you're sick.
In fact that's pretty much the essence to any f2p game. Loots, update, repeat.

Yeah, I'm going on a business trip in the next few days...
I need the break from the game though.

1)
As with every single boss except krill, the easiest way is to just stun lock the boss.
If you have a rhino (which I assume you don't), you can just rhino stomp to stun him and proceed with the kill. Repeat until dead.

In your scenario, you'll want to keep your distance and stay at the edge of the map. Focus on shooting one arm or leg until he's down. Once he's down/stunned, run toward him and do your jump-melee attack that would result in a short stun. Repeat the jump-melees until dead. The same tactic applies the Zanuka on Jupiter. Once in awhile you'll see a group of Excaliburs just jumping all over the poor dog like it's some sort of satanic ritual.

2)
His instant kill move is the attack where he launches mines into the air like rockets. An easy way to dodge this attack is to simply run toward his back or that general direction. The mines are launched in an arc in front of himself.

That shit unnerves the hell out of me, every single time.

Maybe it's because I already have all his parts...but he was never scary to me at all...

As for Nyx...I'm still on the side that she's functional but boring.
Chaos makes everything easy mode and absorb is usually a miss when you're playing with groups.

Honestly, I have killed the Stalker a dozen times and only got killed my first time since I didn't know what was up. I wonder if those of you facing him are using the Galatine for big damage, because I usually kill him in 1 or 2 hits. I know I wouldn't want to mess with him otherwise, though!

As for Nyx...I'm still on the side that she's functional but boring.
Chaos makes everything easy mode and absorb is usually a miss when you're playing with groups.
Yeah, I only use her for soloing or when playing with a group of friends. And even when grouping with people I know I still lay out the ground rules "If there's a mini-boss like enemy in my field of fire, just assume that I'm going to mind control them, so watch for the glow", and make call outs like "the big MOA is on our side!". Even still I don't expect my mind control targets to last long, from enemy or friendly fire.

Chaos though, that power turns an entire battle into a symphony where you're the conductor. Such a complete change of perspective on the game its just damn refreshing. Maybe my favorite moments so far are Defense missions where I Chaos one wave of enemies, only to see them immediately rush to tackle the other wave of enemies coming in at the same time - and then everybody in my group literally jumps into the fray with melee and just goes to town.

So much fun.

Absorb itself is more my oh-shit button if I find myself too far away from other players or when I need a little bit of time to replenish my shields. If you don't rely upon it to wipe everything out like you would with some other room-clearing ultimates, then its still useful.

I don't use the psychic bolts at all.

David___

Banned
Final update for the competition

BgOshh1IEAABJZh.jpg

BgO00_yIMAACmCw.jpg

SnakeEyes

Banned
Day 2 of Warframe withdrawal... Severe shakes and cold sweat seem to be passing. On my flight yesterday, the cabin lights flickered a bit during landing, looked over at the person sitting next to me and asked them if they had Stalker. Must have been a noob. So far have not obtained ANY rare mods or prime blueprints in Boston, loot table must be bugged. Pretty sure all the ice is reducing my max shields.
Haha, that's fucking spectacular! Seems like you've accidentally logged out of WarFrame and loaded up Life 2.0 instead by mistake :)

ParityBit

Hey we rock here! Just because you can't find the right group! ;)

koryuken

Honestly, I have killed the Stalker a dozen times and only got killed my first time since I didn't know what was up. I wonder if those of you facing him are using the Galatine for big damage, because I usually kill him in 1 or 2 hits. I know I wouldn't want to mess with him otherwise, though!

If I'm not being presumptuous, based on your posts you seem to be playing your primary frame Loki most of the time. A lot of people here have a dozen+ frames that they constantly level. I have been killed 3-4 times when I was leveling a new frame. The only time I fought him with a level 30 frame (Nyx), there was ice on the level (so shields cut in half) and no obstacles to kite him around. I used the NYX super (completely invulnerable) but he killed me before i could leave the recovery animation.

Are you able to find obstacles and Galatine through him every time? I personally do have a multiple Forma Galatine on hand (40% crit, 80% status), but he will land 4-5 hits at 200 a pop for your one swing.

If I'm not being presumptuous, based on your posts you seem to be playing your primary frame Loki most of the time. A lot of people here have a dozen+ frames that they constantly level. I have been killed 3-4 times when I was leveling a new frame. The only time I fought him with a level 30 frame (Nyx), there was ice on the level (so shields cut in half) and no obstacles to kite him around. I used the NYX super (completely invulnerable) but he killed me before i could leave the recovery animation.

Are you able to find obstacles and Galatine through him every time? I personally do have a multiple Forma Galatine on hand (40% crit, 80% status), but he will land 4-5 hits at 200 a pop for your one swing.
I started leveling Nekros, but I have only fought him with Loki. Usually I just run around and wait for him to target someone for a second, and then WHAM. I have only used the obstacle dance once, because I was alone.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I've stopped playing on PS4 .... Frame-rate is fucking ridiculous ! 4 players small confined space not much happening 15FPS on screen 0_o
It's solely due to (REALLY) bad Netcode. We'll see if there's improvement with the upcoming Update 12, which should appear in the next few weeks.

FUME5

Nah man, it takes 4 normal frames to make a Warframe so when you have four players in a match you lose 16 FPS due to Warframes.

I'm pretty sure this (Excalibur's Radial Javelin combined with Mag's Bullet Attractor) is what you're recollecting.

1)
As with every single boss except krill, the easiest way is to just stun lock the boss.
If you have a rhino (which I assume you don't), you can just rhino stomp to stun him and proceed with the kill. Repeat until dead.

In your scenario, you'll want to keep your distance and stay at the edge of the map. Focus on shooting one arm or leg until he's down. Once he's down/stunned, run toward him and do your jump-melee attack that would result in a short stun. Repeat the jump-melees until dead. The same tactic applies the Zanuka on Jupiter. Once in awhile you'll see a group of Excaliburs just jumping all over the poor dog like it's some sort of satanic ritual.

2)
His instant kill move is the attack where he launches mines into the air like rockets. An easy way to dodge this attack is to simply run toward his back or that general direction. The mines are launched in an arc in front of himself.

Thank you both! Used a combination of the above and crushed this guy on the first try!

koryuken

I started leveling Nekros, but I have only fought him with Loki. Usually I just run around and wait for him to target someone for a second, and then WHAM. I have only used the obstacle dance once, because I was alone.

Ahh... well I would imagine most of the discussion is regarding a 1v1 Stalker battle. Fighting him with 4 people is extremely easy... if you are the target, just run and let them kill him. If you are not the target, just kill him while he chases the target. I almost never see him in a game with other players. He always kills me when I'm clearing nodes solo (public game, but no players joined). I faced him once when he was targeting another player, and he was smoked easily.

VariantX

Quick question, whenever I do a mission with Phorid as the endboss, is it normal to suddenly start taking damage without him or any other adds being anywhere near you? Its like a good 50% of the time, right after the boss intro, my shields are suddenly stripped and I'm either killed or near death. At first i thought it was those corrosive spikes but I dont really ever see them launched at all when this happens. Is it also something specific to the PS4 version?

Quick question, whenever I do a mission with Phorid as the endboss, is it normal to suddenly start taking damage without him or any other adds being anywhere near you? Its like a good 50% of the time, right after the boss intro, my shields are suddenly stripped and I'm either killed or near death. At first i thought it was those corrosive spikes but I dont really ever see them launched at all when this happens. Is it also something specific to the PS4 version?
He seems to have some kind of AoE ability that just...kicks your ass. If you don't kill him fast he will use it again and potentially kill you.

David___

Banned

Does he do his scream? Whenever he does it he damages + stun-locks you.

SnakeEyes

Banned
He seems to have some kind of AoE ability that just...kicks your ass. If you don't kill him fast he will use it again and potentially kill you.
It's not so much an AoE, as some sort of energy spear-type attack that shoots out his back and hones in on one player. Still fucks up everyone that isn't a Rhino with Iron Skin.

Do team buff auras affect Nekros summons? I am thinking about tinkering with a max duration/regen setup since I won't be getting Rage any time soon.

le.phat

Does anyone have a berserker mod up for trade ? I have a whole bunch of rare mods like, a bunch of nightmare mods, several aura's, split chamber, focus, all that stuff. I'm also sitting on a pile of plat.

I'm also looking for a heavy calibur. My psn is Sillik, LETS GO!

Anyone know of a good side arm upgrade for Seer? It was nice before, but with the way the mission difficulty is ramping up I think its time to go get rid of it. That and I'm about to finish my Valkyr and Rhino, so I figure it'd be nice to have something else.

I think its about time for my Boltor to go too. It's not as powerful as it used to be :(

Anyone know of a good side arm upgrade for Seer? It was nice before, but with the way the mission difficulty is ramping up I think its time to go get rid of it. That and I'm about to finish my Valkyr and Rhino, so I figure it'd be nice to have something else.

I think its about time for my Boltor to go too. It's not as powerful as it used to be :(

Keeping along the same lines as the Seer, trigger fire not auto and good power, I'd go with the Vasto, and eventually the Akvasto.

Good quick slash damage revolver.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Vasto is a weird thing. I started off loving it, but after switching to other secondary weapons (like kunai), I can't go back to it's sluggish recoil recovery.

You really have to wait to fire off its meager six bullets.

You need to Catalyst and Forma stuff for it to keep up.

That said, I resisted it a long time, but the Kunai really are a fantastic sidearm.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Amazing times Helscream, but 31 minutes past the time =(

Still you did well enough to earn yourself an ammo drum mod.

Allright, spreadsheet updated with the final times, as follows:

David____ 76.89
Helscream 77.54
ImBored 81.48
Grimlock 89.31
Karsticles 98.45

The total times were calculated adding together the two lower times posted by the participants.

David____, ImBored and Grimlock looking for private messages soon. I'll start with david, then Imbored, then Grimlock.

EDIT: link to the spreadsheet, if you guys wanna check in case I made a mistake https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahn1WucJZGqodC1SQ1N5SGJRdkpnTlJKUHdjU1BMUkE&usp=sharing

Top Bottom