• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

koryuken

You just have to grind out the map. Though once you do it kind of feels like the game is done. I don't feel like I have any challenges left.

The only level that gave me trouble was a rescue mission on Pluto. Goddamn, I don't think prisoners level up with foes. Just a few stray bullets killed the prisoner every time, and you pretty much have to solo because no one plays that far out. I couldn't stealth as Loki because then the prisoner would die. It took me a good 13 tries before I beat it. I hate rescue missions so much. Almost as much as double panel doors.

Rhino with stomp would make that mission a breeze. Rhino makes capture missions a breeze too. That freeze time power is quite good :)

Rhino with stomp would make that mission a breeze. Rhino makes capture missions a breeze too. That freeze time power is quite good :)
Also Volt for super speed and chain lightning stun, or my new favorite, Nyx's mind control - it'll cause the capture target to full on stop (after a few seconds) and be all chummy with you.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ever get that fear where you think the moment you'll leave the house, Vauban Helmet will show up on alert?

Ever get that fear where you think the moment you'll leave the house, Vauban Helmet will show up on alert?

I used to have that fear with vauban systems. And that fear was justified when one morning I missed a systems alert by three minutes (decided to get some juice before I checked the twitter for alerts), then after playing warframe all morning, took a break and went out for lunch, only to get home and see I missed a second systems alert popping about fifteen minutes after I walked out the door.

Finally getting vauban completed was definitely some psychic relief. Hope that helmet pops for you soon, and you know the same peace.

Been able to play this more often lately and fuck me this is so much fun. Besides Res0gun it may be my favorite title to sit down and play for an hour.

FUME5

You should know that video games are more addictive than alcohol and cigarettes :)

I'd argue with you, but then I realised that I quit smoking but still play the vidjas.

Oh, and Grim - I'm gonna have to ask what you have tattooed on your neck. And don't say Frost Prime Systems.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Phew, glad I'm not the only one. And that nothing popped up while I was eating out.

I used to have that fear with vauban systems. And that fear was justified when one morning I missed a systems alert by three minutes (decided to get some juice before I checked the twitter for alerts), then after playing warframe all morning, took a break and went out for lunch, only to get home and see I missed a second systems alert popping about fifteen minutes after I walked out the door.

Finally getting vauban completed was definitely some psychic relief. Hope that helmet pops for you soon, and you know the same peace.
Thank you! I hope so too. It's something I just want to get over with.

What's the best place to farm Split Chamber?

Raptor?
Ruk?
???

Not really a farm, but I've seen a number of split chambers drop for other people as crate mods in the void. Worth checking out all the void nooks and crannies the next time you find yourself doing a void run.

ijed

Grimløck;100715411 said:
T3 defense or survival, specifically the ones on pluto seem to yield good results.

Cheers - Don't have much of Pluto unlocked so sounds like a good reason to run through them :)

Not really a farm, but I've seen a number of split chambers drop for other people as crate mods in the void. Worth checking out all the void nooks and crannies the next time you find yourself doing a void run.

Thanks - haven't done many T3's either - Guessing that's where the good stuff is

Charade

Has anyone been getting a lot of CE-34878-0 crashes lately? I seem to get them every other game of survival after they go 15+ minutes. You lose everything, so its quite frustrating.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Has anyone been getting a lot of CE-34878-0 crashes lately? I seem to get them every other game of survival after they go 15+ minutes. You lose everything, so its quite frustrating.
I've been having them more recently than when I first started playing, but even then it's only once or twice a week.

Getting Vauban was a relief for me as well. It is such a dumb system. I almost went to bed when the chassis popped up.

On a related note, what is the best eau to build him? I seems like Vortex is better than Bastille in most cases, so I am thinking about the following:

Energy Siphon
Tesla
Bounce
Bastille
Vortex
Continuity
Constitution
Fleeting Expertise
Narrow Minded
Vitality
Redirection

Thoughts?

Getting Vauban was a relief for me as well. It is such a dumb system. I almost went to bed when the chassis popped up.

On a related note, what is the best eau to build him? I seems like Vortex is better than Bastille in most cases, so I am thinking about the following:

Energy Siphon
Tesla
Bounce
Bastille
Vortex
Continuity
Constitution
Fleeting Expertise
Narrow Minded
Vitality
Redirection

Thoughts?

Vauban when done right doesn't need the vitality (or even the redirection arguably.)

Bounce, while fun...is really quite useless in most situations.

A max narrow minded here without stretch will make Bastille practically useless. At the range of 4.5, you're better off using vortex at that point since its range will be larger (5).

What I would recommend is this:

Energy Siphon
Tesla
Bastille
Vortex
Focus (increase bastille hold/tesla power) or Streamline (make cost cheaper.)
Continuity
Constitution
Fleeting Expertise
Narrow Minded
Stretch
Redirection

I personally keep bounce in and dump constitution or continuity for the fun factor.

Charade

I've been having them more recently than when I first started playing, but even then it's only once or twice a week.

For me it's just been the past couple days (~5 or so crashes). Of course, it probably would be much more but I'm too scared to play survival now. Only thing I can think of is that I just started ranking up a Nekros. I know Vauban's vortex was causing crashes, so maybe it's something similar. Or maybe I'm spamming desecrate too much, hah.

Surge

Could I possibly have an invite into the group?

Helscream tried a few days ago which didn't work but it should work now.

Name is tOSUBuckeyes1

frizby

Vauban when done right doesn't need the vitality (or even the redirection arguably.)

A max narrow minded here without stretch will make Bastille practically useless. At the range of 4.5, you're better off using vortex at that point since its range will be larger (5).

Energy Siphon
Tesla
Bastille
Vortex
Continuity
Constitution
Fleeting Expertise
Narrow Minded
Stretch
Redirection

I personally keep bounce in and dump constitution or continuity for the fun factor.

I don't think any of the Corrupted Mods fit on Vauban.

Narrow Minded kills the size of Bastille, his best ability, and Continuity/Constitution already give you all the duration you need, provided you don't have a Fleeting killing said duration.

Vauban is one of only a couple of frames where I don't prioritize efficiency, because if you think about it, duration is just another form of efficiency for his abilities.

My basic build on Vauban is:

Streamline
Stretch (makes a nice big Bastille)
Continuity/Constitution (plenty of duration)
Rage/Quick Thinking (or if you don't have them, Redirection/Focus)

I have Bounce on for now, but I have a feeling I'll forma its slot at some point. I'm thinking he might be that rare frame who gets a Flow.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
On the last prime time they mentioned that they will submit to cert definitely next week, so expect the update to hit our ps4's in two weeks.

I honestly think PS4 players think Bastille is best because Vortex has been bugged. I did up to wave 50 with two people ODD and Vortex, and it was so smooth. Both abilities are great. Thank you for the build advice. I appreciate it a lot. I get scared about just shields because of ice levels and nightmare mode no shields.

frizby

I honestly think PS4 players think Bastille is best because Vortex has been bugged. I did up to wave 50 with two people ODD and Vortex, and it was so smooth. Both abilities are great. Thank you for the build advice. I appreciate it a lot. I get scared about just shields because of ice levels and nightmare mode no shields.

The higher level the enemies, the more Bastille overtakes Vortex for utility...at least for Defense, which is where Vauban really shines. In fact, you were right at the point where keeping enemies away from you and the core becomes the priority, because everything is a one hit kill.

For other game modes, Vortex is probably better.

Game was running like shit last night on PS4. FPS was stuttering and every time i used novas energy skills the game froze for like 5 seconds.

When the hell are they gonna fix this?

Just started the game, but I'd like to join the clan when there's an opening. My PSN is XxTheReaperxX.

(I was 14 when I made it, be gentle.)

Born2Live

All this Vauban talk making me think he should be my next frame to level up. Got Nekros, and Volt on my 'to do list' but might go with Vauban after all the hassle it took to get his blueprints.

So the RNG has been good to me this week, managed to score Blaze and Hammer Shot within 24 hours of each other, so that's all the nightmare mods acquired. Makes up for the lack of Frost Prime systems and Ember Prime anything.

frizby

All this Vauban talk making me think he should be my next frame to level up. Got Nekros, and Volt on my 'to do list' but might go with Vauban after all the hassle it took to get his blueprints.

He's right behind Rhino, Nova, and Loki for late-game effectiveness and just ahead of Trinity and Nekros. [and Mag is in there somewhere if Corpus]

He's also fun as hell to play.

What is the best nightmare stage type to run? Assume I have all frames available and just want to farm mods asap.

Capture, Survival, Defense, and boss levels all seem like good choices. Extermination, Rescue, and Sabotage all seem bad since they require you to run a lot.

Energy Siphon
Tesla
Bastille
Vortex
Continuity
Constitution
Fleeting Expertise
Narrow Minded
Stretch
Redirection

When do you really use Bounce?

And Fleeting Expertise plus Streamline seems like a waste. One card for 15% efficiency is a bit much.

I don't think any of the Corrupted Mods fit on Vauban.

Narrow Minded kills the size of Bastille, his best ability, and Continuity/Constitution already give you all the duration you need, provided you don't have a Fleeting killing said duration.

Vauban is one of only a couple of frames where I don't prioritize efficiency, because if you think about it, duration is just another form of efficiency for his abilities.

My basic build on Vauban is:

Streamline
Stretch (makes a nice big Bastille)
Continuity/Constitution (plenty of duration)
Rage/Quick Thinking (or if you don't have them, Redirection/Focus)

I have Bounce on for now, but I have a feeling I'll forma its slot at some point. I'm thinking he might be that rare frame who gets a Flow.
Duration is another form of efficiency on Defense missions, but on Survival you need to be on the move, ans duration won't help with that. Rage seems a bit much since he should be incapacitating everyone all the time.

Stretch seems unwanted. Bastille is perfect right now at default, and more range just means enemies get caught when you don't even know it. I tried max range Bastille as an experiment, and I had to try and figure out where enemies were! Lol! I like it as a little "no, fuck you" bomb on groups of enemies. I like lobbing it out ahead of me like a grenade to wipe out a group that is too spaced out for Vortex. More range makes it hard to utilize. Example: default Bastille perfectly covers all 4 corners of ODD. More range would just mean walking around more to get kills. None of Vauban's other abilities care about range, either. Unless you like Tesla sniping, but Tesla seems to be trashy like most DD abilities.

The higher level the enemies, the more Bastille overtakes Vortex for utility...at least for Defense, which is where Vauban really shines. In fact, you were right at the point where keeping enemies away from you and the core becomes the priority, because everything is a one hit kill.

For other game modes, Vortex is probably better.
Why does Bastille take over Vortex at high levels?

Yeah, once we got near wave 50 the pod started to dip to the 80s because a hit here or there would get in before an enemy was sucked in by Vortex. I can see that as a problem.

Maybe I should go for efficiency/power instead of efficiency/duration.

Beck

I experienced my first Orokin Derelict Defense mission and it was glorious. Vauban's Vortex + My Nova's Molecular Prime + Rhino's Stomp decimated everything up to wave 35. It felt wasteful for settling with an uncommon core after all that, though.

When do you really use Bounce?

And Fleeting Expertise plus Streamline seems like a waste. One card for 15% efficiency is a bit much.

Bounce can be placed on walls/pods to bounce enemies away from it for fun.
Bounce can be placed on slopes to shoot an enemy into a cliff.
Bounce can be placed on narrow walkways for maximum effect.

As for streamline. I prefer to maintain some range so I run with a 45% fleeting + 30% streamline instead. I find this setup to be best on my Loki, Nyx, Vauban, etc. What is the range for? I play vauban outside of just defense missions and a tiny range bastille is a pain when you need to run pass a large group of infested/ grineer.

Bounce can be placed on walls/pods to bounce enemies away from it for fun.
Bounce can be placed on slopes to shoot an enemy into a cliff.
Bounce can be placed on narrow walkways for maximum effect.

As for streamline. I prefer to maintain some range so I run with a 45% fleeting + 30% streamline instead. I find this setup to be best on my Loki, Nyx, Vauban, etc. What is the range for? I play vauban outside of just defense missions and a tiny range bastille is a pain when you need to run pass a large group of infested/ grineer.
I now need multiple Fleeting Expertise to try this idea, because it sounds interesting... :(

phierce

Mol/Hel, just a heads up...I'm heading out of town for 7-8 (maybe more) days for work. I won't be on at all and will I'll be dropping from the group chat until I get back.

Keep kicking ass and I'll send a message to rejoin the chat when I get home.

HORRORSHØW

how accurate is the codex in terms of tracking weapon mastery? i swear i've mastered some of them before selling them off, but the codex says i haven't.

Top Bottom