• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Did you end up mastering that jump across the course?

I would love a video of a ~30 second run.

Also, it was cool that I figured out how to get on the course while someone else is doing it. It is really hard and inconsistent, though. The movement in this game is so wonky...

I got hit by my first harvester / zanuka surprise attack this morning while soloing an invasion. Was fun to be surprised by the intro, a la the first time I got stalkered, but the fight itself was over in a couple blasts from the mighty penta. It didn't drop any blueprints though. Wasn't the word that it had a 100% drop rate?

Has anyone else fought the harvester? Did you get any blueprints?

Dave1988

I got hit by my first harvester / zanuka surprise attack this morning while soloing an invasion. Was fun to be surprised by the intro, a la the first time I got stalkered, but the fight itself was over in a couple blasts from the mighty penta. It didn't drop any blueprints though. Wasn't the word that it had a 100% drop rate?

Has anyone else fought the harvester? Did you get any blueprints?

Not yet. We'll get that with U12.

Quick question: is 999 the maximum number of mods you can carry? I have 999 right now, and I'm worried I won't get to keep any others I pick up.

Liljagare

Damn, my ps4 has started with the trying to eject disc, even though tray is empty, need to send it in, dont know how long replacement will take, but please dont kick me for inactivity?

I got hit by my first harvester / zanuka surprise attack this morning while soloing an invasion.
Whats this now?

I think I've been missing some of the latest news, but have been noticing some more cross-factional stuff going on.

Had a rescue on Ceres that was one long firefight with Grineer until we reached the holding cells which were guarded by nigh infinite Corpus. Once we cleared the room and grabbed the VIP (which we affectionately refer to by the code name "the euphemism") it was a full on running Corpus battle through to extraction.

Was fun as hell and made for a nice surprise.

Since I'm spending more time in the void as well as running into more cross-factional missions, I've been working on leveling up a universal/void loadout. Right now that consists of the Grakata, Gremlins and Dual Zorens - Grakata and Gremlins for evenly distributed damage across the physical damage types, with the Zorens for high critical - though I do slot cold to mitigate the resistances some enemy types have towards slash. So far its working out better than I expected. Its a loadout that's decently effective against everything and a basic go-to when I'm not sure what to expect.

Whats this [harvester / zanuka attack] now?

If you side with the grineer for an unspecified number of invasion missions, you get a hidden flag that tags you as a potential target for surprise Zanuka attacks that work similarly to the Stalker. The idea is that you have been targeted for abduction by Alad V to fuel his Zanuka project.

If you kill Zanuka, you have a chance at getting one of the various blueprints for the Detron sidearm. But I guess right now the drop rate isn't 100% until U12.

If you side with the grineer for an unspecified number of invasion missions, you get a hidden flag that tags you as a potential target for surprise Zanuka attacks that work similarly to the Stalker. The idea is that you have been targeted for abduction by Alad V to fuel his Zanuka project.

If you kill Zanuka, you have a chance at getting one of the various blueprints for the Detron sidearm. But I guess right now the drop rate isn't 100% until U12.
Haha - awesome.

Guess that's not going to happen to me any time soon as I've sided with the Corpus most times for the credits.

But if one faction starts to dominate the star map a bit too much I've got no problem putting them down in the name of cosmic equilibrium.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Haha - awesome.

Guess that's not going to happen to me any time soon as I've sided with the Corpus most times for the credits.

But if one faction starts to dominate the star map a bit too much I've got no problem putting them down in the name of cosmic equilibrium.
The thing is though, with U12 it's not going to be hidden like how it and Stalker are now. When U12 drops and Zanuka/Harvester starts dropping loot, you'll get an in-game message from Alad V saying that you're being targeted.

Dave1988

It's 5 invasion missions, actually. After the next update, once you qualify for battlepay by siding with the Grineer you'll get fanmail from Salad V telling you you're on his shitlist. From there on out, you have a 1,5% chance to spawn the Harvester but only on Corpus maps. You can increase the chances by playing with other deathmarked players to a total of 2,5% spawn chance on a Corpus map (same chance as a Stalker hunting groups with the exception that the Stalker can jump you practically everywhere). People suggest Xini as the preffered Harvester farming spot as it's considered by the game a Corpus mission. You can also get jumped while doing an invasion while siding with the Grineer but that's a rather rare occurance.

Looks like the Bronco Prime is getting nerfed into the ground in U12 as it's affected by the "new and improved" proc chance of the shotguns. Oh well, time to find a new secondary. :(

Any hints on when we'll see update 12 on the PS4?

The timeframe from PC to PS4 release was supposed to be shrinking with each update, right? Or are they focusing on fixing the newly introduced bugs on PC before sending it to PS4 cert?

OK, I see an update on it in the official forums (PS4):

DERebecca said:
Update 12 (and the critical following Hotfixes) are just about wrapped up and we will let you know when submission has occurred - sorry for the false alarm!

Loving the invasion part where you went inside the cannon ball and enter the other ship if you join the grinner.

HATE THAT PART!

I run my Corpus missions with Volt to speed run through the level. That stupid cannon ball just puts everything to a holt.

tumblr_inline_mqsgznjjcG1qz4rgp.gif

NeededSleep

Havent read too much about The next patch other than frost's snow globe Nerf, new earth tileset(yay!), and new frame.

Anything else?

Still bummed about frost's snow globe getting health. nerfs in general are bad. Buff other classes instead!

Loving the invasion part where you went inside the cannon ball and enter the other ship if you join the grinner.

These new invasion tileset pieces have been pretty awesome. Absolutely loved the rippling boarding tube transition between the corpus and grineer ships they have on one of the maps. Though I must admit that after being hyped to hit that "Launch boarding shell" button, being black screened into the next area instead of seeing myself hurtle through space to crash into the Corpus ship took some wind out of my sails.

koryuken

Havent read too much about The next patch other than frost's snow globe Nerf, new earth tileset(yay!), and new frame.

Anything else?

Still bummed about frost's snow globe getting health. nerfs in general are bad. Buff other classes instead!

I just hope they don't nerf the Penta and the Galatine...

Farm the resources you'll need for new frames and weapons?
Heh, I'm still unlocking the star map, re-leveling my core frames and weapons (second and third formas), starting a new arsenal of jack-of-all-trade weapons, getting to mid level with the Nyx, starting a Trinity tonight, collecting void keys, dipping my toes into longer survivals and defense and tier 2 void missions, practicing tougher parkour (like aiming while wall running and the crossing wide distances with the dual zoren spinny flip move), and helping lower level friends clear out their planets to make way for us to do alerts and operations.

And I haven't even touched a tier 3 void mission, taken a defense or survival past 20 minutes, done a hardcore mission, a non-extermination derelict mission, or visited Pluto yet ;P

But its all good, as I'm in no rush whatsoever.

Edgeward

Been running into a number of AFKers for invasion missions. So much so I don't move forward from the starting position and make sure they are participating. If not I just bounce. I ain't about to help your lazy ass.

HORRORSHØW

Heh, I'm still unlocking the star map.
i'm 300+ hours into the game and i've yet to unlock the whole star map, and i don't think will, save for alert nodes. some of the missions are a drag.

Play Don't Starve or Outlast?
yo. outlast scared the shit out me and my girl. we said nope after the first hour. don't starve was fun, but repetitive. i can always go back to assassin's creed before warframe sucked me away.

Been running into a number of AFKers for invasion missions. So much so I don't move forward from the starting position and make sure they are participating. If not I just bounce. I ain't about to help your lazy ass.
lol that's my approach, too. fucking leechers, man.

had some good runs with pugs today. got: ember p. helmet & systems, blind rage, and coolant leak--all of which i didn't have before.

Grimløck;100592420 said:
i'm 300+ hours into the game and i've yet to unlock the whole star map, and i don't think will, save for alert nodes. some of the missions are a drag.
I must defeat Pluto. That's my current mission in gaming life.

That and the other half dozen meta-missions I've given for myself in Warframe.

I just have too much fun catching up with buddies while destroying everything.

Its our golf... if that makes sense.

FUME5

Grimløck;100592420 said:
yo. outlast scared the shit out me and my girl. we said nope after the first hour. don't starve was fun, but repetitive. i can always go back to assassin's creed before warframe sucked me away.

Sounds good to me, I was too drunk to get into it last weekend, but it's on the list for tomorrow night.

Edgeward

Don't spend your plat on anything besides Warframe and Weapon slots. You can splurge on Orokin reactors and catalysts if you like the weapon/warframe you are using.

HORRORSHØW

finally got braton p. receiver. if i never see void defense again it'll be too soon.

and apparently the newest rifle is called the Grinlok.

Born2Live

What are AFKers? I've seen this used a few times and have no idea what it stands for.

You just have to grind out the map. Though once you do it kind of feels like the game is done. I don't feel like I have any challenges left.

The only level that gave me trouble was a rescue mission on Pluto. Goddamn, I don't think prisoners level up with foes. Just a few stray bullets killed the prisoner every time, and you pretty much have to solo because no one plays that far out. I couldn't stealth as Loki because then the prisoner would die. It took me a good 13 tries before I beat it. I hate rescue missions so much. Almost as much as double panel doors.

Dunlop

How do you invite on the PS4? Using google-fu says I need to have a person on my friends list. I click on people on my friends list and there is no option.

Was aggravating as hell, was trying to buy a Energy Syphon off a dude, as he had to invite, he would bring me to his clans dojo and then not have enough credits to play the clan tax lol. He would disconnect to sell (which would kick me out), then have the same issue

After the third time I just bounced

No Energy Syphon for me

Not been on much recently need to get back into this! Think I'm a little behind since the new patch has hit, did it bring any improvements to FPS at high level defense?

Yes this is Souldestroyer new account >.>

Kurod

Banned
How do you invite on the PS4? Using google-fu says I need to have a person on my friends list. I click on people on my friends list and there is no option.

Was aggravating as hell, was trying to buy a Energy Syphon off a dude, as he had to invite, he would bring me to his clans dojo and then not have enough credits to play the clan tax lol. He would disconnect to sell (which would kick me out), then have the same issue

After the third time I just bounced

No Energy Syphon for me

I'm pretty sure I have a spare E Siphon. I'll try and get it to you tonight after I get back from work.

Top Bottom