• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Oh, the platforms are still there even though they are invisible! Rank 8 get! :-D

Well, one issue is that if we increase to 300, we would be competing against other 300 clans on stuff like the Cicero Crisis. Do we want that?

Our Cicero crisis score could have thrown us into the top 5 for the moon clans (1000 member clans.) Granted, it came with alot of drama lol

I feel like 100 is a good size. I hardly ever see more than 10 to 15 people online, and the group of really active players can't be more than 50.

That said, I don't think autokicking people at 12 days is the right answer either. My preference would be that we only kick people when there's a new request, and only then would we look at last log ins for oldest and over 14 days. If there's a new request and nobody is over that threshold, the new member can wait until somebody is. Kicked members would wait to rejoin exactly the same way new members wait. If there are no new requests, nobody gets kicked regardless.

Basically, I think we've proven to be sustainable and successful (sicero) at our current size and that 300 is too big, especially with the game having new competition with every release.

As an aside, I think the in game chat probably works sufficiently well now and that we could probably migrate back to it. The group chat is great on PS4, but it's annoying on Vita and PS3, and you can't leave the chat and come back without an invite.

Frizby's thoughts pretty much echo mine about increasing to 300, including giving the ingame chat another try now that you can turn timestamps on in the options.

ZangBa

Survival on Pluto is the go-to Split Chamber spot. Never farm Ruk for anything but cells.

I don't have access to Pluto yet, but I'm some progress through Neptune to get to there so that's good to know. I think I'll just stick to unlocking missions instead of farming him, I've probably killed him 40+ times now and getting sick of it.

One thing the wiki doesn't specify for me if anyone knows, do defense mission loot tables use the original faction after it's been taken over? The Corpus defense missions have changed to Grineer on Pluto and AFAIK they were the only Corpus defense missions that gave tier 3 rewards starting at wave 5.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So, I've been thinking.

Over the past week or so I've had to re-invite several members to the clan who had been kicked due to inactivity. 12 days really isn't that long, and with all the new games coming out soon it wouldn't surprise me if people started taking longer breaks away from Warframe.

How does everyone feel about raising the clan limit to 300? It'd be nice of we didn't have to worry about clearing out inactive members whenever we need to invite new ones. It would also allow people to freely move around to other games, knowing that they'll always still be in the GAF clan whenever they want to revisit Warframe.

There's obviously more on the line now that we'll have new research to knock out in U12. However, it's really not that bad (IMO). We'd be looking at about a 3x increase across the board, on average. Something that currently requires 6500 Salvage would require 19500 Salvage if we upgrade, something that currently costs 1 Forma will cost 3, etc. Now that we have more people who have been playing longer the increased cost won't be as difficult as it would have been a couple of months ago.

What do you guys think?

This is a tricky situation.

Essentially as a forum clan, should we just bust the gates open for anyone no matter the activity level or should we focus on a smaller tighter knit group of players? There's also the consideration that if we go past 100 the PSN chat is no longer an option and it's become a tremendous tool to coordinate our efforts.

Considering there's no going back once those barracks are built, I think if we go to 300 we should strongly consider inviting non-gaffers to the clan. Otherwise we run the risk of becoming a ghost town if gaf interest on this declines or if it isn't enough.

Hi, I started to play this game and I'm really enjoying. I'm searching for a clan now, If anyone whats to invite me just send me an invite to moskitokrebs( +1 gmt)

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'd suggest holding off on bumping Clan limits up to 300 until we see the Rainbow Bridge brought into effect, and see how many GAFers from the PC side migrate over to PS4. If it's significant, then we should seriously consider the upgrade.

Unless, like Froggy said, we want to start letting in non-forum members to bolster the numbers and get more resources for the Dojo.

samman6

Hey guys, so I have been playing some more of this game, I have beat Mercury now, and I am up to the first few missions on Venus. I was thinking of buying some stuff for the game, to try and get to the high level unlocks stuff a little faster. What would be the best bang for my buck from the store. Should I get a bunch of small stuff, or buy one bundle that has higher level gear and frame, or am I an idiot for spending money at all. I would also like to play with some gaffers, sometime and maybe even try and join your clan (even though I'm pretty shitty right now). Thanks Warframe GAF!

One thing the wiki doesn't specify for me if anyone knows, do defense mission loot tables use the original faction after it's been taken over? The Corpus defense missions have changed to Grineer on Pluto and AFAIK they were the only Corpus defense missions that gave tier 3 rewards starting at wave 5.

That's a good question and an answer I'd like to know too, I'm one node away from accessing Pluto and might sit down this afternoon and try getting there.

Sorry I didn't answer you myself, but I've provided a mini bump :)

bLaiSe

Hey guys, so I have been playing some more of this game, I have beat Mercury now, and I am up to the first few missions on Venus. I was thinking of buying some stuff for the game, to try and get to the high level unlocks stuff a little faster. What would be the best bang for my buck from the store. Should I get a bunch of small stuff, or buy one bundle that has higher level gear and frame, or am I an idiot for spending money at all. I would also like to play with some gaffers, sometime and maybe even try and join your clan (even though I'm pretty shitty right now). Thanks Warframe GAF!
The only frames I'd recommend to buy are in the 75p "bargain bin". They can be obtained later in the game or with some farming (Volt) and they come with a potato and a Warframe slot as well, so they are essentially only 35p.
I wouldn't recommend buying a weapon though. They are easy to get/craft.

molnizzle

Thanks for all of the input regarding the member limit. Solid reasoning all around.

For now, then, we'll remain a Storm Clan and wait to see how things play out in U12 and/or when rainbow bridge opens. We can revisit the idea of upgrading then if it makes sense.

Also, frizby's suggestion regarding the membership limit will now be the official policy:

My preference would be that we only kick people when there's a new request, and only then would we look at last log ins for oldest and over 14 days. If there's a new request and nobody is over that threshold, the new member can wait until somebody is. Kicked members would wait to rejoin exactly the same way new members wait. If there are no new requests, nobody gets kicked regardless.

Note that this is an increase from 12 to 14 days for the minimum inactivity threshold required to kick.

Our Cicero crisis score could have thrown us into the top 5 for the moon clans (1000 member clans.) Granted, it came with alot of drama lol

Hell, we'd have been 2nd in the Mountain Clan division (300 member clans). Fucking nuts.

Drama though, yeah. Kinda lost my cool there.

samman6

The only frames I'd recommend to buy are in the 75p "bargain bin". They can be obtained later in the game or with some farming (Volt) and they come with a potato and a Warframe slot as well, so they are essentially only 35p.
I wouldn't recommend buying a weapon though. They are easy to get/craft.

Thanks for the info, I might just hold out and buy nothing, I have used the free plat they give to ps plus members to get Volt, which I am enjoying way more then Excalibur so far. Do you know which mods I should focus on fusioning up first. I have been doing mostly Vitality and Redirection, Should I fusion up the fusion cores themselves, or is that pointless?

frizby

Thanks for the info, I might just hold out and buy nothing, I have used the free plat they give to ps plus members to get Volt, which I am enjoying way more then Excalibur so far. Do you know which mods I should focus on fusioning up first. I have been doing mostly Vitality and Redirection, Should I fusion up the fusion cores themselves, or is that pointless?

Agree with prior advice to only spend platinum on Warframe and weapon slots...and maybe a few of your Orokin Reactors.

Don't level up fusion cores. Use fusion cores to level up mods. Let the mods come naturally in the early game and just focus on opening up planets to get access to alert missions, where you'll get lots of weapons to level up (there's benefit to leveling up even weapons you don't want) and helmets that you'll want later.

As for mods you want to focus on early, or when you get them, I suggest Streamline, Continuity, Focus and Stretch for your Warframe along with Redirection. Very few frames benefit all that much from Vitality. For your weapons, focus on leveling up Serration and Hornet Strike for now.

Send me a note in-game if you see me on, and I'll be happy to talk you through some of this stuff in real time as you navigate menus.

Born2Live

just do it at narc-pluto
Let's see, farming split chamber for Ty? got it first try on round 5
farming split chamber for some random friends? got it 2nd try by round 15.

Yep that was awesome, thanks again. Narc-Pluto would be my choice for farming split chamber based on the experience that I had.

HORRORSHØW

Looks like patch won't come today =(
vader.jpg

ZangBa

Wow, got Split Chamber on my third Narcissus run. This also confirms that the nodes use their original loot tables when the faction is changed, though it seems like that was already obvious, lol.

I can confirm it exists. It dropped for me on my first Ruk run when I started playing Warframe. :) Saw how the guys on here searched for it/wanted it back then, so I was quite happy with that.

Really?

It's absolutely on his drop table, and he's dropped it once for me. But I've run him a lot of times, so I wouldn't argue that it's a great place to farm for Split Chamber...just that it's possible to get a Split Chamber as a side-effect of farming Orokin Cells.
I am just joking around gents. I have been farming for it for two weeks with no results. I've done at least 8 25-30 minute Pluto survival missions.

Wow, got Split Chamber on my third Narcissus run. This also confirms that the nodes use their original loot tables when the faction is changed, though it seems like that was already obvious, lol.

NARCISSUS-PLUTO ADVICE REPRESENT!

You palus (survival) players just keep on trying

frizby

NARCISSUS-PLUTO ADVICE REPRESENT!

You palus (survival) players just keep on trying

Got 2 tonight on Narcissus.

And 2 potato BPs. Pretty good night.

Put my spare Reactor on Ash because I'm running out of options. Pretty sure he's just a terrible version of Loki...slower, less invisible duration, a worse teleport, worse polarity slots, worse helmet perks, less utility, and a flashy but pointless ultimate.

This game is pretty great. I've been thinking about buying a few other games but lately I can't imagine not putting more time into my Warframe.

Does anyone know if the DE android Warframe alert app includes PS4 alerts as well as pc?

LakeEarth

Just got a PS4 and tried this game out this morning. Seems really solid. Is there a suggested beginners guide anywhere? Stuff to craft early, equipment to learn first, how everything works etc. The tutorial was very basic, which is a common complaint, but it's missing simple things like how to use my Warframe-specific powers, what are those points I have to use when I die (and do they refill?), etc.

I found this, is this what you guys would suggest I use?
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Beginners_Guide

I know a few clan members who use it, and I doubt they'd lie to me.

The one on iOS absolutely does, including push notifications. I have it set up to ding for BPs and mods.

Just downloaded the android version and if the option is there to activate PS4 alerts, I can't find it. Real shame, I like that you can filter what alert types you want pushed... Back to twitter for now I guess.

Top Bottom