• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

Just done 5 narcissus runs back to back, wave 20-25 everytime, no split chamber.

Best we were offered, tower 2 and 3 keys, master thief, and a bunch of common and uncommon mods.

Going in for my sixth.........

Just done 5 narcissus runs back to back, wave 20-25 everytime, no split chamber.

Best we were offered, tower 2 and 3 keys, master thief, and a bunch of common and uncommon mods.

Going in for my sixth.........
I tend to like Survival over Defense just because I get like 5-6 potentially good rewards every time I do survival, while defense gives me one reward that may or may not be good once I hit my final wave.

I tend to like Survival over Defense just because I get like 5-6 potentially good rewards every time I do survival, while defense gives me one reward that may or may not be good once I hit my final wave.

Split chamber is only down for tier 3 corpus defence ruk and raptor afaia, that's why I'm not doing survival.

But I completely agree with you.

Split chamber is only down for tier 3 corpus defence ruk and raptor afaia, that's why I'm not doing survival.

But I completely agree with you.
Where are you guys getting your info on tiers in defense missions and survival? Is this stuff in the wiki?

Are certain defense missions classified as Tier 1, 2 and 3? Or is it just a matter of what waves you reach?

frizby

Where are you guys getting your info on tiers in defense missions and survival? Is this stuff in the wiki?

Are certain defense missions classified as Tier 1, 2 and 3? Or is it just a matter of what waves you reach?

It's based on enemy levels.

1-10 is tier 1
11-20 is tier 2
21-30 is tier 3

My experience has been that when enemies hit the levels above, the drops scale accordingly (a t1 can become a t3).

It's based on enemy levels.
So anytime you're in a defense against enemies 21 and above you're in Tier 3 loot territory?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Defense

All the information you need is there. Basically, some missions give you the best rewards starting at wave 5 rather than 15.
Thanks for this. Will check it out.

I just enjoy blowing stuff up but a buddy of mine is always trying to get some rare mod or another. And while we've done defense and void missions I haven't really known the best way to farm stuff like that - mostly because I just don't like farming. But still, good to know.

Wave 5 of my 9th attempt I got split chamber :D

And I was just saying in game "I've been on here all night, I'm beginning to doubt it even exists"

molnizzle

So anytime you're in a defense against enemies 21 and above you're in Tier 3 loot territory?

Yes, when it comes to the actual "dropped" loot from enemies and from the 5-wave Defense rewards. Survival, however, does not scale its rewards. Appolodorus, for example, will always draw from the Tier 1 reward pool no matter how long of a run you do. Survival can get confusing because within each pool there is 3 "tiers" as well; the 3rd tier of rewards start coming into play at 20 minutes. Each of the 3 Survival mission tiers have 3 tiers of reward possibilities.

Wiki, yeah.

FUCK ME

I need to try more shotguns. I tried the Boar Prime as my first one, and I am not digging it. Used Supra this weekend, Dera tonight. I am making Lanka in a day to try it out. I am trying to find a weapon that really makes Frost Prime feel complete. I have really taken a liking to the frame. He is not slow at all if you zorencopter around.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I need to try more shotguns. I tried the Boar Prime as my first one, and I am not digging it. Used Supra this weekend, Dera tonight. I am making Lanka in a day to try it out. I am trying to find a weapon that really makes Frost Prime feel complete. I have really taken a liking to the frame. He is not slow at all if you zorencopter around.

The boar prime is a monster. Granted I've dropped 4 formas on it, but... the amount of damage is out of this world. Typically each pellet hits for 200-300, they crit for 500, and each trigger pull spews 20 pellets. It also has a very quick fire rate which is fantastic for those situations when you need to do a lot of damage fast, like those corrupted heavy gunners, the stalker, etc.

IMHO what's wrong is that it doesn't "feel" powerful - it sounds like a BB gun and enemies don't appear to react to the impact as you'd expect ;D

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
By the way, according to the official playwarframe twitter, they failed cert and had to resubmit, patch won't come until next week at the earliest.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

frizby

For those looking for Hells Chamber, a friend and I both got one in separate games over the past two days, both on Gaia Earth. Mine was on wave 25, and I think he said his was on 30.

I'm stoked for Rhino Prime and would have been equally excited for Loki Prime, but it occurs to me that Rhino and Loki are both more dependent than any other characters on alt helmets. So the Prime helmet, no matter how cool it looks, isn't going to get much use.

samman6

Hi guys, so I am going to be playing this game basically all weekend, I was wondering if anyone wanted to team up, I'm still quite early in the game. My main frame Volt is only rank 13, and my gun Braton is only rank 20, I am still in Venus, haven't beat that boss yet. I am hoping to play with some people that want to stick together a little, most of the randos I have played with, have just been sprinting away from me and then I get lost, which makes it very frustrating in missions like capture, rescue and the data hack one. I love defense in this game though really fun. Anyways my psn is SOBOSLDR if you want to hit me up.

By the way, according to the official playwarframe twitter, they failed cert and had to resubmit, patch won't come until next week at the earliest.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

I'm actually glad Sony is starting to hold them to the same standard they require of other developers. Way too much stuff got a free pass on release and subsequent patches. Hopefully having to pay resubmission costs will "encourage" DE to produce more solid updates.

frizby

Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, but when a dev gives me free content for a free game, I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt and some patience at a minimum.

The rainbow bridge probably won't, and shouldn't, happen, and PC Warframe will probably always be our beta testers. Both are fine IMO.

I don't mean this for anybody in particular, but I find the negativity a bit tiresome.

better they caught some bugs at the certification stage than having the users experience them
Definitely.

And first week of March was my original guesstimate and would put it in line with the last patch, in terms of time from announcement to go-live. Though the turnaround was supposed to get shorter - what are you going to do when cert bounces it back? Just have to make the fixes and try again.

BTW - Just started up a Valkyr. Next to zero shields and two "V" warframe polarities? I don't understand. And Corpus obliterates the hell out of me. But at the moment most things can whittle me down in seconds. Yeah, I don't get the point.

BTW - Just started up a Valkyr. Next to zero shields and two "V" warframe polarities? I don't understand. And Corpus obliterates the hell out of me. But at the moment most things can whittle me down in seconds. Yeah, I don't get the point.

The V's are (presumably) intended for Rage and Focus.

The low shields are because you don't really tank with your shields. You have a ton of Health and Armor to prevent you from being killed quickly, but their purpose is actually just to keep you ambulatory until you can (re)activate Hysteria.

I'm sure I've said it in this thread before, but Valkyr = Hysteria. You will run around in Hysteria 24/7. If this doesn't sound fun, there's actually no reason to play the frame.

I'm sure I've said it in this thread before, but Valkyr = Hysteria. You will run around in Hysteria 24/7. If this doesn't sound fun, there's actually no reason to play the frame.
I'd enjoy hysteria more if it used your weapon and animations, only faster. Its this weird floating claw thing - makes me feel more like a vampire chasing necks than a berzerker. She should have a cape that flutters in the wind.

But your simple breakdown does make a lot of sense. Its just going to be a climb to get to that point, and her early going is rough. She's very very flimsy to start.

molnizzle

Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong, but when a dev gives me free content for a free game, I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt and some patience at a minimum.

The rainbow bridge probably won't, and shouldn't, happen, and PC Warframe will probably always be our beta testers. Both are fine IMO.

I don't mean this for anybody in particular, but I find the negativity a bit tiresome.

Thing is, some people have spent quite a bit of money on the game. Myself included. It would be nice if the developer getting that money was at least... competent. DE is embarrassingly amateur.

Top Bottom