• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

SnakeEyes

Banned
No words.
I have two - Digital Extremes.

V8hs3rM.png

Now there's a bug I could get behind.
Holy heck yes. Now let's see if they fail Cert on two patches in a row.

frizby

Thing is, some people have spent quite a bit of money on the game. Myself included. It would be nice if the developer getting that money was at least... competent. DE is embarrassingly amateur.

I get that. I've given them $15, but I did it more or less as a donation, as I've not come anywhere near touching it.

They strike me as a small team that is way over their heads, but I wouldn't call them amateurs, and if they have a problem, it certainly isn't that they are too slow. If anything, everything feels rushed to me...another reason I don't mind PC beta testing.

Grimløck;102596792 said:
first 12 braton prime barrels, and now 3 fang prime blades. rng so funny.
The RNG has been crashing my game several times a day. Including at 29 minutes of a void survival mission.

I get that. I've given them $15, but I did it more or less as a donation, as I've not come anywhere near touching it.

They strike me as a small team that is way over their heads, but I wouldn't call them amateurs, and if they have a problem, it certainly isn't that they are too slow. If anything, everything feels rushed to me...another reason I don't mind PC beta testing.

I agree about things feeling rushed. It makes me wonder just what their revenue stream looks like, and how dependent they are on new content patches to generate revenue. Is the studio essentially surviving "check to check" with each content drop?

They posted their list of known bugs with Zephyr a day after they released the patch on PC, and it contained things that any competent QA team would have found within a couple hours of testing. It really pointed to a culture (or perhaps a financial need) of just dumping content, quality be damned. Perhaps their excuse of "Hey, we are still beta!", as well as the freedom of a PC release without compliance testing has made DE excessively complacent.

I'm glad it failed cert. 'In game' bugs are one thing, but 11.5 blue screens the PS4 often enough I get worried about the console. Glad to see Sony is forcing them up to a higher standard.

LakeEarth

oh my..

kudos to the QA team at Sony though.

is the warframe dev team large?

I dunno, Wikipedia says the company has 170 employees. But that includes more than one development team, and all the other small offices a company needs to run like payroll. So not overly big I guess.

While doing this research, I discovered the company founder made Solar Winds for the PC back in the early 90s. I remember loving that game.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
Well, since Prime frames might become tradeable, maybe normal ones will too and I can give you this one.

VariantX

Starting to learn the horrors of RNG. I seem to spend endless amounts of time trying to grind out a single mod....and it never comes. I'll get vital sense to drop one of these days...

HORRORSHØW

6 fang prime blades, 0 glaive prime blueprints. gg. at least we'll be able to trade prime components soon™.

nvm. got it on my last run.

Starting to learn the horrors of RNG. I seem to spend endless amounts of time trying to grind out a single mod....and it never comes. I'll get vital sense to drop one of these days...

I'm sure I get vital sense everyday, it's just one of those mods, not as common as slash dash.

I was so close to asking in trade if anyone had a charged shell I could buy, I even typed it in, but didn't press R2 because there was an alert noise.
Went to check what it was, did it and charged shell just dropped from a random kill as I sprayed bullets down a corridor.
All the way to extraction, "please don't crash, please don't crash"

frizby

Don't grind for stuff. It will wear you out.

Strongly agree.

If you're early enough in the game that you're looking for a Vital Sense, my recommendation would be to just play through the game and take the mods as they come. Save the grinding for Primes and those few mods that are tougher to get like Hammer Shot, Blaze, Split Chamber and a few of the Corrupted Mods.

molnizzle

Have been saving many components for Dojo construction ;)

Gonna be a bit of a wait since I was expecting at least some notice. I need to demolish one of the Dueling Arenas to put up a temporary Warframe Lab. The current zen garden (and everything attached to it) is being torn down and replaced with the baller new water garden. It's huge!

We're looking at about 2 hours from now until we can start contributing towards the Warframe Lab, and 6-8 hours before everything is fully constructed and back up and running.

EDIT: SEPARATE PS VITA CUSTOM CONTROLS OMGGGG

EDIT (2): ^_^

Mrcapcom

Man this game runs so much better now and the new HUD in with Update 12 is just great.

Really? Nice can't wait to play I'll be busy still haven't leveled up my oberon or valkyr from the last 2 updates PLUS I just forma my mag prime have tons to do.

Hmmm. Playing in lo, against corpus, iron skin was on and my HUD got corrupted and I lost all my energy.

Not sure what caused it but whatever it was is the first thing to go through iron skin.

When does the oxium hunt begin?
Says the lotus will contact me to give me the mission, and all I need to do is play corpus levels.
Been doing that for the last 2 hours, she hasn't said a thing about it.

Top Bottom