• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

molnizzle

New HUD is delicious.

Also delicious is being able to assign waypoint to up-swipe on the touchpad.

Oh, and good thing we didn't upgrade the membership cap prior to this update. We currently require no less than 2,600 Oxium to fully research Zephyr.

God damn.

New HUD is delicious.

Oh, and good thing we didn't upgrade the membership cap prior to this update. We currently require no less than 2,600 Oxium to fully research Zephyr.

God damn.
Is Oxium a quest reward, or does it drop off enemies? Curious if Nekros will help.

molnizzle

Is Oxium a quest reward, or does it drop off enemies? Curious if Nekros will help.

Drops from enemies; Nekros won't help because they explode when killed (can't Desecrate). Drop rate seems to be about on par with or slightly worse than that of Mutegen Samples.

I accepted an invite while in the arsenal and it still doesn't work most times, so annoying thought they'd fix that.

Had to restart the application, but at least then I got the lotus message about oxium and now I'm farming for my zephyr volt and banshee.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hmmm. Playing in lo, against corpus, iron skin was on and my HUD got corrupted and I lost all my energy.

Not sure what caused it but whatever it was is the first thing to go through iron skin.

That was an enemy leader.

New in this update are enemy leaders, regular units but with special powers. The one that you mention does an area disruption attack.

Semaj

Neo Member
Is anyone having trouble getting the update? I'm just at the startup and it's been trying to connect for about 5 minutes now.....All I can do is read the patch notes

SnakeEyes

Banned
New HUD is delicious.

God damn.
Fuuuuuuuuuucking hell, that's going to take forever to get Zephyr done. And now I'm stuck n a bind - do I continue playing TLOU MP after work with friends, or do I come back to Warframe...?

There's not enough hours in the day :(

TEH-CJ

Banned
Frame rate still sucks ass. Particle effects seem to be downgraded. Texture resolution seems to have improved slightly. Lense flair effects added. Death animations are still the same. Ragdoll is still spastic.

All I have noticed so far.

typing on phone. Sorry for grammar.

HORRORSHØW

ability timer is great. so are the alert updates in chat and more information for invasion nodes. the new map is hard to read for enemies. oxium farming is ludicrous. can't wait to try the new weapons.

Whats the deal with Oxium farming?

Is this like the Cicero Crisis? Or do enemies drop em? Has Mol whipped up one of his glorious "Operations Guide for Dummies" pics?

Because I wouldn't have known what the hell was up with the Cicero Crisis if not for those instructions :)

bebop242

Is this like the Cicero Crisis? Or do enemies drop em? Has Mol whipped up one of his glorious "Operations Guide for Dummies" pics?

Because I wouldn't have known what the hell was up with the Cicero Crisis if not for those instructions :)

Yea i had one drop on a earth defense mission, then nothing else after about an hour of play. Don't know if I'm doind something wrong or what.

BPoole

If Kappa is a Corpus mission on PS4, that was the best place to farm Oxium. I had runs where I got 75 in one go, and never got below 30. Several groups of 4 clan members can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.

Sora_N

I just downloaded this today, pretty confused. I read around, so I don't have to buy Plat to purchase new frames right? How can I get other frames then? I think I'd want to get Nova in the future.

Some impressions from the latest update:

+ The new HUD. Have had no problems spotting anything on the minimap, and its damn nice to see my Sentinels shield's and health for once. The little bubbles under the reticle to show which powers you can afford is also a nice touch.
+ Some new audio bits: Picking up ammo feels more, well, ammo sounding :) Rappelling feels more rappelly, mods slam into place in your loadouts, and end of mission has a weird new BWOOSH ending sound. Change is good.
+ Mod cards displayed in stacks. Thank the fucking maker for this. My 175 Ammo Drums all in one slot, neatly organized into a stack. Sanity restored.
+ New Gear selection circle is so much better than the previous two row grid. Such a small touch that makes a huge difference to the overall feel.
+ Love the 3D animated voiceovers. Just another level of polish and feel and makes the Lotus come to life a bit more.

+ Challenges are back! Get 30 rifle kills, Get X kills, etc. I missed em when they got dropped in Update 11 and am damn glad to see em back. You can still easily miss what the challenge was though, if you're not paying attention.

+ Mini-boss leadership elements. Holy damn, I love these and have run into several already. Scorpions that gave proximity buffs to those nearby, a Grineer Commander who caught me in some kind of debuff field, and a shield trooper named Ice Commander or something along those lines (it was an icy mission BTW) that used a Frost's Snowglobe at one point. This definitely puts a new spin on existing enemies, shifts your priorities when targeting, and is a welcome new but of dynamism to missions.

? Is it just me or did they up the enemy smarts? I've only done a few Ceres Grineer missions but am noticing them firing from further distances, moving between cover even faster than before, and firing while on the move with serious accuracy. My Nyx got dropped TWICE in a Ceres elimination, just blam, no shields and then bleeding out a moment later. I think their throwing more grenades with more accuracy and draining my shields before I know there's a problem - follow that up with a higher level shotgun enemy and a weaker frame like a Nyx can go from full strength to needing a revive in moments.

All in all I'm loving what I'm seeing here, even from a scant few matches.

Now I just need some more Orokin cells so I can start on my dual Magnus.

molnizzle

Ha, this one's actually a lot simpler. Oxium drops off the new Oxium Osprey units that can be found in just about every Corpus mission. The Oxiums are then used to research the Zephyr parts in the new Tenno Lab in the Dojo. No contest or points this time, just a normal research project.

I'm glad that someone got some use out of that pic though. ;-)

FiraB

Banned
Need that migration, want to play on ps4, so tired of the pc environment and not having enough people to play with. How's the clan on the ps4 version holding up?

molnizzle

Need that migration, want to play on ps4, so tired of the pc environment and not having enough people to play with. How's the clan on the ps4 version holding up?

It's fine, usually between 10-20 people online at any given time. Many people have scaled back their Warframe time (myself included) now that we've "done" most of the game. Still pretty active though. There was like 25 people online at one point today for U12.

What is wrong with the PC environment?

Also, I got my 50 oxium done for the quest. I recommend using a frame with strong CC abilities like Rhino. I couldn't kill many drones with Frost Prime before they suicided.

samman6

So I am really diggng the new update new hud is great loading seems faster for me, and mod stacking is a godsend. Holy shit though have they made Gaia way harder. That mission used to be my go to mod farming mission before the update and I could just barely make it 10 waves with my Rhino. Now I can't make it 1 wave, the new tile set is brutal to any ranged weapon and the flying rocket grineer are tough as nails, also they way that map is structured basically kiss your mobility, I have no where to farm really now, as Io is to tough for me to make 5 waves right now. I was also wondering if I could join in your Neogaf clan shenanigans.

FiraB

Banned
What is wrong with the PC environment?

Also, I got my 50 oxium done for the quest. I recommend using a frame with strong CC abilities like Rhino. I couldn't kill many drones with Frost Prime before they suicided.
Guess I'm just burned out again, love the game but the whining from the people I play with doesn't help. Want to play with people again that want to feel like badass ninjas and plow through shit and not worry about nerf this, op that and omg this bug, exploit and junk.

molnizzle

Guess I'm just burned out again, love the game but the whining from the people I play with doesn't help. Want to play with people again that want to feel like badass ninjas and plow through shit and not worry about nerf this, op that and omg this bug, exploit and junk.

...oh.

Well...

Korten

Banned
I like the new enemy variety... At the same time it's kind of bullshit with some. I went to a lower level mission on Earth and was doing the new defense mission, where you need to capture 4 points and let the bar go up. Twice, I died because a rocket trooper that had a jet pack fired 4 rockets at me off screen and killed me...

They need to make it so you can see where the enemies are because personally I don't like the idea that an enemy I didn't see killed me. Call me whining, but I do think this is a problem.

I mean I get it, I'm playing Vauban solo, Vauban isn't that tanky, but I still think they're kind of bullshit... :/

Outside that though, I LOVE, ADORE, the new HUD. Looks so much slicker than the original which seemed really old and outdated. Personally I am more of a fan of simplier and transparent HUDs than what was before.

ZangBa

It seems I'm the only one with mixed feelings about the new HUD. I like that I can see my Sentinel's health and shields, as well as the powers being under the reticule, but I find some things more difficult to read/see.

The map seems better, but It's much harder for me to see where the final enemies are in a defense/exterminate/whatever mission.

It seems I'm the only one with mixed feelings about the new HUD. I like that I can see my Sentinel's health and shields, as well as the powers being under the reticule, but I find some things more difficult to read/see.

The map seems better, but It's much harder for me to see where the final enemies are in a defense/exterminate/whatever mission.

You're not the only one. I posted my impression of it (from PC version) a week or two ago.

bLaiSe

Zephyr feels soooo good to control. I just love flying across the field.

I'll try to farm as much Oxium as I can for the researches. With these new resource boosters I can get 70-80 in a 25 wave defense.

I'm really happy with some of the new optimizations, too. Especially with the fixed disappearing loot and blurry skins. Didn't fully read the patch notes yet but I hope they fixed the bug where my immortal skins were replaced with one color.

HUD is bad. :(

Moobabe

So what are credits used for? I have like 20k of them but everything on the store seems to require the other (paid) currency. I wanna look badass already :(

So what are credits used for? I have like 20k of them but everything on the store seems to require the other (paid) currency. I wanna look badass already :(

Blueprints can be bought with credits to build most things you can buy with Platinum, with the exception of purely cosmetic items. You need to gather components to build things with Blueprints, though; mostly just generic parts for weapons, but the specific body parts for warframes.

Moobabe

Blueprints can be bought with credits to build most things you can buy with Platinum, with the exception of purely cosmetic items. You need to gather components to build things with Blueprints, though; mostly just generic parts for weapons, but the specific body parts for warframes.

Awesome, thanks man. Only just really getting into this Warframe business.

Cronnie

Any space in the clan? If so I'd appreciate an invite (PSN: Cronnie), took a little break from Warframe but the new update has brought me back again.

frizby

I'm really disappointed that we haven't gotten the Zephyr research started for lack of Oxium. We only need 2000, and a team of four rhinos can gather 200 in a single 25 wave run. I put in my first 100 and another 74 this morning just to get it to a nice round number.

There will be a ton of time to gather your own Oxium stash while the research is building, but we have to get it started. Pretty please with sugar on top...

The new HUD design is pretty bad IMO. It's so much harder to tell what all your stuff is valued at. However, I appreciate having more things to see, like timers on abilities (OMG YES).

The new map...why on earth are weird blue flowers better than green dots? I much prefer the simplicity of the former version.

I also don't like the new enemy life bars. The patch is a general visual downgrade for me, though everything else is spectacular.

I'm really disappointed that we haven't gotten the Zephyr research started for lack of Oxium. We only need 2000, and a team of four rhinos can gather 200 in a single 25 wave run. I put in my first 100 and another 74 this morning just to get it to a nice round number.

There will be a ton of time to gather your own Oxium stash while the research is building, but we have to get it started. Pretty please with sugar on top...
Keep things in perspective. It's great that you have your morning open to farm 200 Oxium for the clan, but I am at work. It took me 2 hours to get the 50 for the quest objective, and Lotus took it. I have 4 left over. I will do my best to contribute, but not everyone has as much time as you do.

I do second Rhino as the Oxium gatherer, though! Why is Uranus better than other planets, Mol?

frizby

I found the Uranus node playing with a friend yesterday.

I tried the nodes suggested by the wiki and got nothing. Literally nothing. Then we ran Io Jupiter for a bit, and it was OK, but the ospreys didn't show up until wave 5 and weren't plentiful till wave 10. Then we tried Elara to see if a survival might be better. Then I thought maybe a slightly higher level defense might be better. Xini was about the same as Io, but then we tried Stephano and were getting Ospreys at wave one and at least 1-3 per wave.

There might be a better spot, but we tried several and didn't find anything. A 25 wave run will net you 45-50 Oxium if you don't let too many suicide.

I found the Uranus node playing with a friend yesterday.

I tried the nodes suggested by the wiki and got nothing. Literally nothing. Then we ran Io Jupiter for a bit, and it was OK, but the ospreys didn't show up until wave 5 and weren't plentiful till wave 10. Then we tried Elara to see if a survival might be better. Then I thought maybe a slightly higher level defense might be better. Xini was about the same as Io, but then we tried Stephano and were getting Ospreys at wave one and at least 1-3 per wave.

There might be a better spot, but we tried several and didn't find anything. A 25 wave run will net you 45-50 Oxium if you don't let too many suicide.
At first I thought I could only get 2 per run, so I was doing Alad V over and over again. I got about 10 Oxium that way, then I tried Uranus and got 14 in one mission. I tended to duck out at around wave 15 because the group I was with was never solid, and it makes more sense to me to do two 15-wave runs while 1-shotting entire groups with Rhino Stomp instead of doing one 30-wave run and having to put effort into the fight at wave 20+.

Now, if we put a guild group together this weekend of 4 Rhinos, then I say let's rock it and get Zephyr. I imagine folks want her being researched before the weekend, though.

frizby

At first I thought I could only get 2 per run, so I was doing Alad V over and over again. I got about 10 Oxium that way, then I tried Uranus and got 14 in one mission. I tended to duck out at around wave 15 because the group I was with was never solid, and it makes more sense to me to do two 15-wave runs while 1-shotting entire groups with Rhino Stomp instead of doing one 30-wave run and having to put effort into the fight at wave 20+.

Now, if we put a guild group together this weekend of 4 Rhinos, then I say let's rock it and get Zephyr. I imagine folks want her being researched before the weekend, though.

I mostly agree with the 15 wave approach if you're solo, but if you're with a decent group, wave 25 seems to be the most efficient time to bail and load back in. You'll get 45+ just about every time.

I'll be putting a farming group together tonight, and hell or high water, Zephyr research starts before I go to bed.

Besides, the way I look at it, I'm going to be power leveling the new weapons over the next few days anyway with the affinity booster, so might as well farm.

Top Bottom