• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I mostly agree with the 15 wave approach if you're solo, but if you're with a decent group, wave 25 seems to be the most efficient time to bail and load back in. You'll get 45+ just about every time.

I'll be putting a farming group together tonight, and hell or high water, Zephyr research starts before I go to bed.

Besides, the way I look at it, I'm going to be power leveling the new weapons over the next few days anyway with the affinity booster, so might as well farm.
Why the heck can't I decide when the affinity boost starts? I didn't know it was auto-consumed. I have 3 frames in the oven right now, and they won't even finish before the boost is gone. :-(

How much is the boost, anyway?

Maybe I will join your farming group tonight.

bLaiSe

Why the heck can't I decide when the affinity boost starts? I didn't know it was auto-consumed. I have 3 frames in the oven right now, and they won't even finish before the boost is gone. :-(

How much is the boost, anyway?

Maybe I will join your farming group tonight.
Do you mean how much plat or how much boost it gives?
40p and it doubles the affinity gained.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Guess I'm just burned out again, love the game but the whining from the people I play with doesn't help. Want to play with people again that want to feel like badass ninjas and plow through shit and not worry about nerf this, op that and omg this bug, exploit and junk.

From my experience, nobody cares about nerfs, op this, exploits and junk.

However, well, Warframe on PS4 has been quite the buggy and unoptimized affair and we do complain about that. It's improving with each patch, but yeah.

frizby

Guess I'm just burned out again, love the game but the whining from the people I play with doesn't help. Want to play with people again that want to feel like badass ninjas and plow through shit and not worry about nerf this, op that and omg this bug, exploit and junk.

From my experience, nobody cares about nerfs, op this, exploits and junk.

However, well, Warframe on PS4 has been quite the buggy and unoptimized affair and we do complain about that. It's improving with each patch, but yeah.

I think there's a difference in tone between having a friendly intellectual discussion about design and strategy vs having an overwhelmingly negative and argumentative attitude about the game and the people who make it. I find the latter to be rude, and it spoils my experience with the game, so I choose not to play with certain people...clan members even.

I guess what I'm saying is that you might not be burned out so much with the game itself but rather some of the people you've been playing with.

I personally think they've made a compelling game with an interesting business model, and I love being a badass ninja, but I also view the game as sort of an indie, so I don't get too worked up about glitches and whatever nerf is the new crisis.

LakeEarth

I was going to spend some bucks to help support the game, even though I've only put a few ours into it. I'm surprised how little "special money" you get, a lot of items in the shop are > 3 times what $20 gives you.

frizby

I was going to spend some bucks to help support the game, even though I've only put a few ours into it. I'm surprised how little "special money" you get, a lot of items in the shop are > 3 times what $20 gives you.

But the things you actually need to buy are cheap...frame and weapon slots...maybe a few orokin catalysts and reactors...maybe an elusive mod or two from the market.

The stuff you are talking about is all buildable, and I have no idea why anyone would pay to avoid building, as crafting is such a vital part of the game.

I bought $15 worth of platinum and haven't touched it yet (supplemented through selling some mods and keys in the market).

dstarMDA

Am I the only one thinking the IQ dropped significantly ?

I had not played for like two weeks and I didn't remember the resolution seeming so weak.

LakeEarth

But the things you actually need to buy are cheap...frame and weapon slots...maybe a few orokin catalysts and reactors...maybe an elusive mod or two from the market.

The stuff you are talking about is all buildable, and I have no idea why anyone would pay to avoid building, as crafting is such a vital part of the game.

I bought $15 worth of platinum and haven't touched it yet (supplemented through selling some mods and keys in the market).

Ahh okay, I'm still early in the game. I only recently have things listed in my crafting region, it's been blank the majority of time I've played it. That's good to know.

frizby

Ahh okay, I'm still early in the game. I only recently have things listed in my crafting region, it's been blank the majority of time I've played it. That's good to know.

Every frame and every weapon in the game is buildable, and every resource to build is either naturally obtained by playing through the game or is easily farmable if you know where to look. Even catalysts and reactors (the things you put on favorite weapons and frames to double their points) are obtainable through alerts and invasions.

The only thing you absolutely have to buy are inventory slots.

I continue to be surprised at how palatable I find the monetization model in this game, and while I'm sure some people spend a ton on overpriced stuff, they are really only doing it out of impatience or to avoid playing the game.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Every frame and every weapon in the game is buildable, and every resource to build is either naturally obtained by playing through the game or is easily farmable if you know where to look. Even catalysts and reactors (the things you put on favorite weapons and frames to double their points) are obtainable through alerts and invasions.

The only thing you absolutely have to buy are inventory slots.

I continue to be surprised at how palatable I find the monetization model in this game, and while I'm sure some people spend a ton on overpriced stuff, they are really only doing it out of impatience or to avoid playing the game.

The monetization model is fantastic indeed.

Because of Warframe, I can no longer universally scoff and mock F2P models. It really is a solid approach.

The only things I would change are:
1) Give me a few more generic avatars or something. Don't stick me with an avatar of a frame I don't even use.

2) Make cosmetic stuff a little cheaper. 75 platinum per palette set? That is pretty ridiculously priced. 15 platinum per palette set and I would work toward buying the whole thing. The Sentinel cosmetics are unreal, as are the "immortal" skins that hardly make a difference on some frames.

Edgeward

This oxium quest seem more rng inducing rage. And fix the game performace before anything else, ffs DE.

The new hud takes getting used to but i like it because it is less clutter. Not much else

This oxium quest seem more rng inducing rage. And fix the game performace before anything else, ffs DE.

The new hud takes getting used to but i like it because it is less clutter. Not much else
I can't keep track of my stamina. It should drain to the left, not the right.

Also, take Molvetica's guild message seriously. Uranus will give 20+ Oxium every defense by wave 15. Easy easy.

Edgeward

Ah, didnt even see that. I will look into that over the weekend then. Thank you.

took me a while to see which was stamina bar. Had to sprint a couple times just to see. At least they make xp bars more visible and we can see our sents xp as well now.

The powers dont seem to have the indicator which swipe you should be doing anymore either, but not a big deal

Whats the best way to get Orokin Cells?

I've done at least a dozen Ceres missions and only netted a single solitary cell. I've even been running with Thieve's Wit just to be sure I don't miss any containers and it hasn't made one wit of difference. I have zero, need three for the Dual Magnus, and 10-15(!) for individual prime gear and I'm starting to get a bit demoralized.

Please tell me I'm doing it wrong.

ZangBa

I've done at least a dozen Ceres missions and only netted a single solitary cell. I've even been running with Thieve's Wit just to be sure I don't miss any containers and it hasn't made one wit of difference. I have zero, need three for the Dual Magnus, and 10-15(!) for individual prime gear and I'm starting to get a bit demoralized.

I'd farm Sargas Ruk on Saturn. I'd say it drops around 40% of the time from him, which is a lot better than trying to look through containers TBH.

I'd farm Sargas Ruk on Saturn. I'd say it drops around 40% of the time from him, which is a lot better than trying to look through containers TBH.
I'll heed this advice. And you're right, shooting bosses in the face is a better all around activity than scouring containers.

*gets his ass to Saturn*

Dargas ruk from Uranus or Derelict assassination are the best place to farm cells.

Liljagare

Ok, finally got my Gorkon FOMA'd and relevelled to where I want it with slots, whats a good next wep? Grakata or, is it Braton the other one is called...

And, got Loki + Rhino the same way now, got Nyx and Ash to go now..

samman6

Hey guys so I was thinking of getting my first shotty in the game, and was wondering if I should go straight to sobek, or go with the strun first. Also is there any easy way to get orokin catalysts, is there a blueprint for them? Also I would love to join in on some Neogaf clan action if possible, just looking for some fun people to play with.

Hey guys so I was thinking of getting my first shotty in the game, and was wondering if I should go straight to sobek, or go with the strun first. Also is there any easy way to get orokin catalysts, is there a blueprint for them? Also I would love to join in on some Neogaf clan action if possible, just looking for some fun people to play with.

Blue camotes bp can be found in alerts or invasions only I think

Also I tried the strung but it needs a firerate mod asap.

ZangBa

I started with the Strun and hated it. Sobek is great imo.

Dargas ruk from Uranus or Derelict assassination are the best place to farm cells.
First attempt spawned me on the boss fight moments from his demise - no cells. Second attempt put me right at the beginning of the fight - 5 minutes later I had a cell in hand. Another 10 minutes netted me a second.

Dual Magnus is now cooking. Solid advice - thanks :)

BTW - Am in love with all the dual hand cannons: Vastos, Magnus and Lex respectively, though Lex has a kick like a donkey on amphetamines. It obliterates what it hits though.

Born2Live

Did Ember prime pieces drops more easier now? because I am no getting anything at all =S

It took me two evenings to farm the remaining BP's for Frost Prime(systems and blueprint). I haven't come across any Ember Prime BP's yet whilst running the odd Tower Captures, but hoping that will change when I start running the right Towers to farm for Ember P now that Frost is done.

So what is the verdict on Synapse, I know there was talk of it being nerfed in U12. If you've used it does it feel like it's been nerfed?

samman6

I started with the Strun and hated it. Sobek is great imo.

Sobek it is, I was already leaning that way, but the critical hit and damage mods for shotties I found recently will hopefully make it a beast. Just need to start it cooking it now. Another question, do the bow style weapons have there own mods? Or do they use rifle mods?

ZangBa

Sobek it is, I was already leaning that way, but the critical hit and damage mods for shotties I found recently will hopefully make it a beast. Just need to start it cooking it now. Another question, do the bow style weapons have there own mods? Or do they use rifle mods?

They use the same mods as rifles with some exceptions, as well as their own exclusive mods.

frizby

Invite sent.

frizby

Status update on Zephyr:

The main BP is in progress. I dropped the last Oxium in around 5PM EST yesterday, so it will be done on Friday at about the same time. Then we have the Chassis, Systems and Helm to research, and I think we'll be able to build them at the same time. That will take 3 days as well.

The plan:

Ideally, we'll be able to start the research on the parts immediately when they are available. We'll need a group of people committed to donating Oxium on Friday afternoon. You'll need 600 Oxium of your own, but you won't need it until next Monday, so balance that out if you can. I'm currently sitting at just over 700 Oxium, so I'm good for more than my fair share and will probably farm quite a bit more today.

I'm also good for the 10 Neural Sensors for the helm, and somebody committed to the Detonite Injector. We'll need a Mutagen Mass and a Fieldron as well.

HORRORSHØW

Status update on Zephyr:

The main BP is in progress. I dropped the last Oxium in around 5PM EST yesterday, so it will be done on Friday at about the same time. Then we have the Chassis, Systems and Helm to research, and I think we'll be able to build them at the same time. That will take 3 days as well.

The plan:

Ideally, we'll be able to start the research on the parts immediately when they are available. We'll need a group of people committed to donating Oxium on Friday afternoon. You'll need 600 Oxium of your own, but you won't need it until next Monday, so balance that out if you can. I'm currently sitting at just over 700 Oxium, so I'm good for more than my fair share and will probably farm quite a bit more today.

I'm also good for the 10 Neural Sensors for the helm, and somebody committed to the Detonite Injector. We'll need a Mutagen Mass and a Fieldron as well.
i can donate the mutagen mass and fieldron. that's for the helm research? i have around ~400 oxy; will try to run some groups later today and farm.

edit: apparently the mutagen mass is for the chassis and the fieldron is for the systems. correct me if i'm wrong.

edit2: we need 10x mutagen mass and 10x fieldron? i don't think i have that many of either. i can donate 4-5 mutagen mass and a couple fieldron, or however many i have right now.

molnizzle

I have a few Mutegen Masses and tons of Fieldrons. Those should be a non-issue. I need to farm more Oxi though, FFXIV been consuming my time. @_@

I'll heed this advice. And you're right, shooting bosses in the face is a better all around activity than scouring containers.

*gets his ass to Saturn*

Ruk so best for Cells. Be sure to bring FastRhino to make it extra good.

http://youtu.be/WIbzUeDuJJ8

IMBored

Gonna try to speed up my resource gathering, I'm criminally short on just about everything. It doesn't help that the affinity boost makes you want to level up equipment instead.

I have a few Mutegen Masses and tons of Fieldrons. Those should be a non-issue. I need to farm more Oxi though, FFXIV been consuming my time. @_@
http://youtu.be/WIbzUeDuJJ8

Just the beta put a serious halt on everything else I wanted to get done, I can't imagine what the real release will do.

Status update on Zephyr:

The plan:

I have 50 Oxium to give, but I won't get home Friday until 7PM. If it's still needed, you can count on my donation. I hate that I haven't been able to donate anything yet for the clan. I came home last night and couldn't believe we had the other 1,300 farmed out since the previous evening. Some of you guys are just too awesome, and I wish I weren't leeching off of you.

Achamian

Hi

Really been getting into this in the wait for second son and wondering if theres a gaf clan i can join? Pretty please? Psn id is CptSupermarket

Edit: sorry forgot to put timezone etc. Uk, Gmt

frizby

Grimløck;103238537 said:
edit2: we need 10x mutagen mass and 10x fieldron? i don't think i have that many of either. i can donate 4-5 mutagen mass and a couple fieldron, or however many i have right now.

Just one of each for the chassis (mutagen) and systems (fieldron) research.

frizby

Hi

Really been getting into this in the wait for second son and wondering if theres a gaf clan i can join? Pretty please? Psn id is CptSupermarket

Edit: sorry forgot to put timezone etc. Uk, Gmt

Invite sent.

2 people were over 20 days offline, and they are free to ask to rejoin the clan.

Parmenide

Finally...
Bh_DU6hIYAADZ2h.jpg:large

ZangBa

I'll be farming for Oxium until then and contribute what I can, but I don't know if I can get to 600. I'll probably just level some gear and Warframes while I do it since I just finished my Vauban.

frizby

OK, I have almost 1200 Oxium, so I'm pretty confident that I can fund that part of the build. I'll wait an hour or so after the Zephyr research is done for members to contribute what they can, and I'll cover the difference.

HORRORSHØW

Finally...
Bh_DU6hIYAADZ2h.jpg:large
lucky! i'm just a barrel a way from getting mine. (rn)god knows how long that's going to take, though.

OK, I have almost 1200 Oxium, so I'm pretty confident that I can fund that part of the build. I'll wait an hour or so after the Zephyr research is done for members to contribute what they can, and I'll cover the difference.
right now i am +60, so i can contribute at least that much. i'm sure by friday i'll have a few more to donate.

How did you get 1200 already?!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Everytime I come back to this game, they just keep on making it better. The out of game UI is still wtfwhocares, but wow - it's crazy how something as a UI tweak in-game can totally turn your enjoyment around. I like running the healing frames and being able to run with everyone's health to the side not obscuring 1/10 of my screen is just. Man. I mean the UI overall just screams sex. Hopefully they release a few more UI formats a la WOW, and maybe make some premium ones for sale.

I still kind of have no idea what is going on in this game (I have like tons of gold keys I don't know what to do with), but jumping in and blowing holes in Grineer never gets old.

EDIT: I'm guessing from chatter above there is a NG Clan?
PSN: ANDSv2
Time: Whenever. . .I'm a lazy grad student.

New interface is great. They've added a bunch of new visual flourishes as well (trees in the void, etc). Overall pretty pleased with the update, but it's a shame blue screens still seem to be cropping up.

Top Bottom