• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I have the iphone app set to ding when an alert comes up with a BP or mod. It's not too intrusive, and it's helped me catch some stuff.
My sound is off most of the time because of my job. I tend to forget to enable sound at home. It would just be nice if there were no 30 min alerts. I literally missed that helmet by seconds.

Born2Live

My sound is off most of the time because of my job. I tend to forget to enable sound at home. It would just be nice if there were no 30 min alerts. I literally missed that helmet by seconds.

Luck of the draw I suppose, like everything with this game. I was just about to log off when the alert pinged, been after it for the longest time. Work, sleep, and life means for me it's not always possible for me to grab it in the past.

Talking about RNG, boy is it a massive relief when you get that last Prime BP for FrostEmber. I've been farming the Void all week for them and finally got the last BP for Ember last night. Now I can get stuck into Oxi farming ready for tonight and Monday.

Dave1988

Stream highlights:

Melee 2.0. showcase.

melee2.0.02rcuwi.gif

melee2.0.riu13.gif

Animal companions replacing Sentinels.

doge4xuoy.gif

Concept art of new scarves.

scarfconcepts0ouhc.jpg

Does melee 2.0 look to give reason to use non-Galatine weapons?
Its worth testing the others out for shits and giggles at the very least. I can't imagine sticking to just one weapon or loadout even.

I hunt Grineer with a radioactive Glaive, Infested with fiery Dual Kamas, just got the Kestrel for future magnetic anti-Corpus (and stealthy anti-Corpus camera) boomerang action and a pair of critted up Dual Zoren for void and/or anti-everything missions. The Orthos is just fun as shit to use, has an incredible aerial attack and looks simply bad-ass in motion, and my buddy has been gleefully loving every moment of his monk-like thousand fist action with his Rhino's Obex on both hands and feet.

There's so much good stuff out there.

IvorB

Its worth testing the others out for shits and giggles at the very least. I can't imagine sticking to just one weapon or loadout even.

I hunt Grineer with a radioactive Glaive, Infested with fiery Dual Kamas, just got the Kestrel for future magnetic anti-Corpus (and stealthy anti-Corpus camera) boomerang action and a pair of critted up Dual Zoren for void and/or anti-everything missions. The Orthos is just fun as shit to use, has an incredible aerial attack and looks simply bad-ass in motion, and my buddy has been gleefully loving every moment of his monk-like thousand fist action with his Rhino's Obex on both hands and feet.

There's so much good stuff out there.

I don't often use melee but when I do I quite like Hate. Think I will potato it when I get one.

Not sure about animals. I like my Shade.

HORRORSHØW

so, about the new interception mode. what a drag. considering it's in earth, it's usually populated with newer players with a mk-1 braton and latos. they don't understand that each player should guard one location; instead, they move in groups, going from capture point to capture point, letting previous points go back to the grineer. you can't really blame them either, especially if they keep dying from the enemies.

natural talent seems like a cool mod, but i don't know if it's worth the frustration and tedium of playing through this game mode. maybe it'll be better to wait for the next update and farm the G3 for it.

Grimløck;103542704 said:
so, about the new interception mode. what a drag.
Haven't gotten a chance to try the mode out at all but is there any point to soloing them or playing with fewer than four players?

I probably wouldn't solo them as it is, but I tend to run in a group of two most of the time, and rarely three. Should I just skip over those missions?

Is there a point to being in a clan besides playing with people? I know when I started playing this game some message about clans was in my inbox but I have no idea what they do or anything or how to join one.

HORRORSHØW

Haven't gotten a chance to try the mode out at all but is there any point to soloing them or playing with fewer than four players?

I probably wouldn't solo them as it is, but I tend to run in a group of two most of the time, and rarely three. Should I just skip over those missions?
well, there are 4 captures points, so it'll be easier if each player defends a point. i'm sure you can do it with 3 (or even 2) semi-experienced players if you guys have enough AOE dmg/CC. soloing it may be pushing it, though. the only reason to play through that mode is for the new natural talent mod. if you're not interested in it, i would avoid it altogether.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Is there a point to being in a clan besides playing with people? I know when I started playing this game some message about clans was in my inbox but I have no idea what they do or anything or how to join one.

Tons.

For starters, the clan has research projects that result in a lot of weapons and even warframes available to our members, many of those are not available on the open market so they are exclusive to clan tech.

Regular events offer rewards for high scores which usually require coordination between players, getting high scores solo is harder.

It also means a more fluid cooperation between players for purposes like ferrying people to alerts on nodes they have not yet unlocked, void runs, etc.

Our clan also has a rockin' dojo for you to relax in between runs and an obstacle course to practice your mobility skills.

In order to join a clan, you need to receive an invite.

If you guys have space in the gaf clan my psn is ShinMaruku
I just started playing a few days ago. :)

Invite sent.

molnizzle

You have to be invited, and yes, there are a bunch of weapons (and now Warframes) that can only be acquired through the Clan Dojo.

Our Dojo is so good.

Tons.

For starters, the clan has research projects that result in a lot of weapons and even warframes available to our members, many of those are not available on the open market so they are exclusive to clan tech.

Regular events offer rewards for high scores which usually require coordination between players, getting high scores solo is harder.

It also means a more fluid cooperation between players for purposes like ferrying people to alerts on nodes they have not yet unlocked, void runs, etc.

Our clan also has a rockin' dojo for you to relax in between runs and an obstacle course to practice your mobility skills.

In order to join a clan, you need to receive an invite.

Invite sent.

Is any of this explained in the game some where? I am about to get my 2nd frame to level 30 and I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Is any of this explained in the game some where? I am about to get my 2nd frame to level 30 and I feel like I have no idea what I am doing.

Main Menu>Codex>Training>Clans

The training section of the codex is sort of the tutorial until they build a proper one in-game.

Could I get a clan invite? Wasn't really digging this game at first but I'm starting to get a feeling for it now and think having a clan to play with would make it even more enjoyable.

PSN: Gaiuja
Timezone: CST (But I usually play late at night/really early morning)

Cronnie

There's an Orokin Catalyst blueprint up for grabs in the Hyperion (Saturn) alert.

Still plenty of time left (16hrs 25mins as of now), but thought I'd give a heads up just in case.

So im getting my Ps4 tomorrow and this game looks great, what frame should i pick as a starting one?

With Excalibur you can whoosh through enemies and impale them.

Loki can go invisible and prank the bad guys with decoys and disarms before slicing them in half.

Mag lets you crush your enemies and hear the lamentations of their women. Also, pulls bad guys off ledges and explodes their shields.

I started with Mag and haven't regretted it after getting the other frames. (Loki is fun though, but not the best starter frame.)

Parmenide

Mag is great for the beginning, Pull will be your most used and usefull ability. Avoid Loki, great frame but you need some mods to unleash his potential.

IvorB

I picked Loki, and man did I regret it. Thankfully it wasnt hard to get a Rhino.

I picked Loki and I loved it. Decoy and invisibility are such life savers early on. You won't be racking up huge kill numbers but you can handle most missions no problem.

I thought I was going off Loki but I reconnected with him last night. Radial disarm has got to one of the best powers in the game.

I was just dying constantly at low levels. It is really frustrating to play with randoms as Loki since a lot of the time they won't revive you.

I am on PS4 and I get terrible slowdown and frame rate drops when a lot is happening, like down into single digits but usually it runs great.

IvorB

I was just dying constantly at low levels. It is really frustrating to play with randoms as Loki since a lot of the time they won't revive you.

Really? People not reviving you? I've never seen that.

A well placed decoy will draw all the heat off you and position the enemies where you want them. If worst comes to worst you can just cloak and get the hell out of there. Admittedly Rhino is a lot more straight forward.

Loki only really became playable for me when I got energy siphon. He was misery before that. He is an amazing frame, but don't start there.

Top Bottom