• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

IvorB

The Soma is the gun for me right now. It's a thing of beauty. I thought the wind up time would be annoying but it actually works out great. With just light touches of the trigger you can fire sparingly at lower level enemies but when you need to you can give it its head and it just destroys everything. Made mine an elemental crit monster.

Think I will make my Akmagus the designated secondary. The Twin Wraith Vipers are great and kill pretty much anything but the way they burn through ammo is insane. Akmagus should be very ammo efficient so I think it will compliment the Soma quite nicely. Want to make it a status crit monster.

Still want to get my hands on the Latron Prime though. I was rolling with the Latron for ages and I loved that gun so the prime should be pretty great.

I also have a Dread bow kicking around so I think I will give the bow combat another go.

Basically just try different weapons and see. You increase your mastery rank by leveling weapons. There is no weapon that's specific to any one frame so Nova can use anything really. In fact I wish they would allow you to save a loadout for each frame rather than changing everything every time.

[*]Not sure what would be third, but there's a big gap after Despair

Dual Vastos destroy worlds. They're my default choice when I need a serious secondary. I also have a hot love affair going on with Acrid; it eats (and dissolves) Corpus for breakfast and fits Saryn thematically like a glove.

Grimløck;103714931 said:
Ember can out-damage Nova in most situations. Her ult, in conjunction with Accelerant, deals a respectable amount of damage. Accelerant serves a dual purpose: buffing her ult, and more importantly IMO stunning enemies in a radius. This gives you time to cast your ult, line up headshots, and/or get out of dodge. She's my preferred frame to run invasions with; just use her ult and sprint through everything. I've even out-damaged Novas in T3 defense with her. You may want to forma her aura polarity to a dash to use energy siphon, though. Build her for duration in lieu of power damage to get most of Accelerant/her ult.

Dont see too much in regards to damage. A miasma spamming Saryin can easily outdamage everybody, especially if there's a nova around, but that's simply because the game tallies total damage, not effective damage, that is, if an enemy has 200 hp, but you hit it for 4k, the game counts the 4k.

Additionally, mprime's utility comes from it pretty much more than halving enemy damage and slowing them down in a very large radius, on top of at least doubling ammo effectiveness. It's CC.

And yes, AMD is solid, very slow moving gold. Power would be WAY more useful if there was a way to make the ball speed up like a rocket.

frizby

Dual Vastos destroy worlds. They're my default choice when I need a serious secondary. I also have a hot love affair going on with Acrid; it eats (and dissolves) Corpus for breakfast and fits Saryn thematically like a glove.

Other than a marginal difference in base damage, the Akmagnus seems better than the Vastos with higher crit and higher status. Maybe I'm missing something?

Other than a marginal difference in base damage, the Akmagnus seems better than the Vastos with higher crit and higher status. Maybe I'm missing something?

I actually didn't pay any attention to the crit chance, I've just been levelling them and was turned off by the slow reload. :eek: I'll have to give it another go.

I'll take it =)

Thanks.
Cool beans.

Where did you find this thing? I also need it...
Void crates.

Question for experienced void runners: are some void crates "special"? It seems like some always drop mods, or have very high chances, while others never do. I am wondering if there is a visual effect I should be looking for, because I know WHERE the seemingly special ones are, but they look the same.

It's a random drop from crates in the void. Same for Guardian.

Just search out treasure rooms in Capture and Mobile Defense...and the other modes to a much lesser extent.
I recently got Guardian, too - yay!

Also, why Mobile Defense? Why not Exterminate?

I usually just chill in Recruit and take every key offer that comes by. I have most of the void mods as a result. I haven't used one of my own keys in months.

IvorB

It's a random drop from crates in the void. Same for Guardian.

Just search out treasure rooms in Capture and Mobile Defense...and the other modes to a much lesser extent.

Void crates.

Question for experienced void runners: are some void crates "special"? It seems like some always drop mods, or have very high chances, while others never do. I am wondering if there is a visual effect I should be looking for, because I know WHERE the seemingly special ones are, but they look the same.

I usually just chill in Recruit and take every key offer that comes by. I have most of the void mods as a result. I haven't used one of my own keys in months.

I haven't gotten even ONE decent mod in the Void. I guess I need to play it more often but every time I go there it's the same ol' low level mods. Used to be that places like Narcissus provided good mods but now it's just keys, keys, keys. I need fresh mods, man.

bLaiSe

There are no visual indications of the special containers. You just need to know where to look.
Exterminate mode does not have parkour rooms in them AFAIK.

Dreamgazer: I'll give you my extra Sanctuary. Send me a message in-game when you see me online.

Parkour rooms does spawn on exterminate, but it's been known to have a really low chance of doing so. Not to mention, exploring and the extermination game mode just doesn't go well together.

frizby

I haven't gotten even ONE decent mod in the Void. I guess I need to play it more often but every time I go there it's the same ol' low level mods. Used to be that places like Narcissus provided good mods but now it's just keys, keys, keys. I need fresh mods, man.

I ran probably 20-30 caps and exterms yesterday, just farming credits and forma, mostly with randoms, so a minimum of time for real searching.

Off the top of my head, I got a guardian, two sanctuaries, barrel diffusion, flow, streamline, and an enemy dropped a coolant leak.

You mostly get junk mods, but lots of good stuff is possible. I'd say once you've farmed all of the primes, treasure runs are about the best use o your keys.

IvorB

I ran probably 20-30 caps and exterms yesterday, just farming credits and forma, mostly with randoms, so a minimum of time for real searching.

Off the top of my head, I got a guardian, two sanctuaries, barrel diffusion, flow, streamline, and an enemy dropped a coolant leak.

You mostly get junk mods, but lots of good stuff is possible. I'd say once you've farmed all of the primes, treasure runs are about the best use o your keys.

Yeah I don't do enough Tower stuff I guess. Been working through the nightmare mods so got most of them now (missing hammershot). Still so many mods to acquire.

Letep

Is there a trick to connecting in this game? I've tried to play it a few times since I got my PS4 last week, but it never gets past the connecting phase.

HORRORSHØW

Dont see too much in regards to damage. A miasma spamming Saryin can easily outdamage everybody, especially if there's a nova around, but that's simply because the game tallies total damage, not effective damage, that is, if an enemy has 200 hp, but you hit it for 4k, the game counts the 4k.

Additionally, mprime's utility comes from it pretty much more than halving enemy damage and slowing them down in a very large radius, on top of at least doubling ammo effectiveness. It's CC.

And yes, AMD is solid, very slow moving gold. Power would be WAY more useful if there was a way to make the ball speed up like a rocket.
no doubt other frames can out-damage ember, as well as provide more utility; however, my post was in response to someone specifically asking about how ember was.

Just taxi off of keys in channels. I have gotten most of the void mods without ever using one of my own keys. I have like 40 sitting around.

There are no visual indications of the special containers. You just need to know where to look.
Exterminate mode does not have parkour rooms in them AFAIK.

Dreamgazer: I'll give you my extra Sanctuary. Send me a message in-game when you see me online.
Exterminate can have the room where you have to wall run up onto a platform where there are containers, though. It's not really a puzzle room, but it has containers.

Parkour rooms does spawn on exterminate, but it's been known to have a really low chance of doing so. Not to mention, exploring and the extermination game mode just doesn't go well together.
Well, if I'm not leveling, I will use a frame on exterminate missions that can roam without having to attack anything. Nyx, Loki, Rhino, etc. I will Radial Disarm as I run through and stuff to help my team out, maybe 1-shot a few mobs, but I leave a good portion of it to the other guys. I usually still get in the top half of damage, so I don't feel bad about not focusing on it.

ShinMaruku

Grimløck;103885719 said:
if you're in the clan, you should have a clan key or blueprint. look under the keys tab, or under foundry>other to see if you can make the key.

I see it I am just farming the mats for it. Thanks again for the help.

molnizzle

HOLY CRAP!

Helscream, Mol, you guys seeing this?! Froggy's actually taking someone up on their offer of generosity! I'm shocked!

x8vcSckl.jpg

IvorB

Does anyone know why I get a bunch of login rewards popping up that I can't find anywhere in the game? I've seen potatoes, formas etc flash up but I can't see them anywhere...

Edit: Never mind. I checked this wikki. I didn't actually get all that stuff... *sigh*

Does anyone know why I get a bunch of login rewards popping up that I can't find anywhere in the game? I've seen potatoes, formas etc flash up but I can't see them anywhere...

Edit: Never mind. I checked this wikki. I didn't actually get all that stuff... *sigh*
Haha, you thought you got everything that flashed up?

They should change the reward system a bit. If I have a 7 day reward going, don't waste my time with crap like a Grakata blueprint. I think I got a Forma blueprint once out of 2 months of perfect logins.

IvorB

Haha, you thought you got everything that flashed up?

They should change the reward system a bit. If I have a 7 day reward going, don't waste my time with crap like a Grakata blueprint. I think I got a Forma blueprint once out of 2 months of perfect logins.

Yeah I did actually. I was searching obsessively for my missing formas and potatoes in the interface. Was ready to open a support ticket. Oh well. Live and learn hey? :)

frizby

So Zephyr is building, and I'm really optimistic about how fun she'll be to play. She seems to be that rare frame with 4 solid skills (Loki being the only other IMO).

It looks like she's going to be a duration, range, efficiency build with an emphasis on duration, which is tough to do with corrupt mods, but I'm thinking:

All four abilities (mobility, shield, crowd control)
Rage (Defense)
Quick Thinking (Defense)
Streamline (Max)
Fleeting Expertise (Rank 4)
Narrow Minded (Rank 7 or max, to offset Fleeting and add more Duration)
Overextended (Max to offset Narrow and add more Range)

For a non-corrupt build, I guess you could run Streamline, Continuity, Stretch and Constitution, but the overall numbers should be better on a corrupt build...admittedly haven't done the math though.

So Zephyr is building, and I'm really optimistic about how fun she'll be to play. She seems to be that rare frame with 4 solid skills (Loki being the only other IMO).

It looks like she's going to be a duration, range, efficiency build with an emphasis on duration, which is tough to do with corrupt mods, but I'm thinking:

Rage (Defense)
Quick Thinking (Defense)
Streamline (Max)

For a non-corrupt build, I guess you could run Streamline, Continuity, Stretch and Constitution, but the overall numbers should be better on a corrupt build...admittedly haven't done the math though.
I can't wait to build her up, but I have to see how she plays in practice, first. I feel like with her bullet deflection ability, Rage and Quick Thinking shouldn't need a place on her. I doubt she will get hit often.

I am going to stack Duration and Efficiency. I do not care about range. Probably something like:

Redirection
Narrow Minded (max)
Fleeting Expertise (R4)
Streamline
Continuity
Constitution

She seems like a perfect fit for Ogris as well.

HORRORSHØW

Rage (Defense)
Quick Thinking (Defense)
Streamline (Max)

this is what i'm thinking of going with:

http://goo.gl/1IKTPO

it gives me ~48 second duration, which is mainly used for turbulence. her tornado won't cover a lot of ground, but that's okay b/c it's really annoying when that shit's flying around everywhere. i may have to forma her aura, though. i'm not sure how short her tail wind is going to be. will adjust accordingly if i don't like it.

frizby

I can't wait to build her up, but I have to see how she plays in practice, first. I feel like with her bullet deflection ability, Rage and Quick Thinking shouldn't need a place on her. I doubt she will get hit often.

I am going to stack Duration and Efficiency. I do not care about range. Probably something like:

Redirection
Narrow Minded (max)
Fleeting Expertise (R4)
Streamline
Continuity
Constitution

She seems like a perfect fit for Ogris as well.

I get that, but I put rage/quick on every frame, and assuming I'd run Redirection anyway, it's only costing me Constitution, which at 28% is hardly worth the points it takes to equip IMO.

I was thinking some of her skills benefitted from range...have to check again.

bLaiSe

Grimløck;103925547 said:
this is what i'm thinking of going with:

http://goo.gl/1IKTPO

it gives me ~48 second duration, which is mainly used for turbulence. her tornado won't cover a lot of ground, but that's okay b/c it's really annoying when that shit's flying around everywhere. i may have to forma her aura, though. i'm not sure how short her tail wind is going to be. will adjust accordingly if i don't like it.
Oh, you're going to fly to some high places if you go with that build, that's for sure. Tail Wind is affected by duration. I built her on duration so I have a max Continuity, Streamline, Fleeting, Constitution, Redirection and an R5 Narrow Minded on her with maxed out skills and a forma'd aura and D polarity for Redirection. I use Tail Wind like every 10 seconds or more often if the tile is suited for it. I don't like Turbulence though. It can obstruct too much of my view.
She's the most fun frame I've ever used in the game, btw.

Edit: I'd leave in Dive Bomb though. Sometimes you'll want to get back on the ground as fast as possible.

I unlocked my nova last night, soloed a few matches and got her up to level 10. I am really liking that frame. The power where you make the circles appear on everyone and then they explode when you shoot them is so badass. I also built the Karak rifle and am really enjoying it. Thanks for the suggestions.

IvorB

I unlocked my nova last night, soloed a few matches and got her up to level 10. I am really liking that frame. The power where you make the circles appear on everyone and then they explode when you shoot them is so badass. I also built the Karak rifle and am really enjoying it. Thanks for the suggestions.

The Karak is certainly a respectable weapon.

I can't want to see all these Zephyrs in action.

samman6

Grimløck;103885719 said:
if you're in the clan, you should have a clan key or blueprint. look under the keys tab, or under foundry>other to see if you can make the key.

Are the clan keys a one time use thing or is that good for unlimited dojo access?

How the hell do I do anything in PS Home? I see a warframe statue and...I don't get it.

Follow the walkthrough:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103339748&postcount=8103

This showed a guy going through Quest 2 that does the job:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYMDSwJ103w

One of the codes comes with a 3-day boost. Does that start the second I input the code or the second I trigger it in the game itself?

Yes. So don't enter it till you want to use it

Top Bottom