• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I also rolled with Rhino before I reactored him. It's no problem at all. As I said, it's easy to see if someone is struggling.
There are a handful of frames who still rock without reactors even at high level. You listed two of them. :p

Grimløck;104331306 said:
how do you guys play with zephyr? can't see shit.
I will let you know in a day or so...or I will echo your question.

frizby

Grimløck;104331306 said:
how do you guys play with zephyr? can't see shit.

It helps if you give her energy a darker color.

Give her duration for tailwind, then more duration for turbulence, then some range for tornado.

She'll need one extra D polarity slot.

Meh. It's easy to assess your impact during a mission. If you're dying all the time and not wracking up the damage then, yeah, maybe you're not pulling weight but there is nothing to say that someone with an unreactored frame can't roll with anyone. Some people don't want to pay for gameplay boosts. In any case I have managed to reactor three frames so it is possible without payment.

Also finding all the required mods to fully take advantage of a reactored frame is not that easy in the early-mid game. I still have mod points unused on some of mine.

There's a difference between struggling and being carried. You're not boosting with a reactor, you're gimped without it. DE aren't running a charity, it's pretty clear that slots and reactors act as 'a tax' on unlocking new frames. A buck for a new frame and the resulting hours of entertainment isn't unreasonable given how much I value my time. If you don't want to pay, farm up some mods and sell them in trade.

It sounds like you're very early on (can't even max out 60 points in frame mods yet). . . hopefully you'll come around or just stick to your full frames.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Lol Mookid, looks like I will have to eat (new caledonian) crow... they're sending to cert a new patch next week, so it probably will be before April lol.

LakeEarth

Still early in the game, played it a lot last night cause I finally used that boost from Greatness Awaits 2. I found levels "infested" in Venus which gave me quite a few credits, so I wanted to finally make a sentinel, but there are some resources that don't show up till Neptune (I just got to Earth). I can see why people end up just spending the money.

I also spent $10 but it was more a donation, I haven't spent any of the plat yet.

Still early in the game, played it a lot last night cause I finally used that boost from Greatness Awaits 2. I found levels "infested" in Venus which gave me quite a few credits, so I wanted to finally make a sentinel, but there are some resources that don't show up till Neptune (I just got to Earth). I can see why people end up just spending the money.

I also spent $10 but it was more a donation, I haven't spent any of the plat yet.
If you do void missions you get lots of control modules. I have like 1000 just laying around. As a new player, they seem rare to you, but they are in reach right away.

LakeEarth

That's good to know, I have a couple void keys. I didn't want to use them right away, but it looks like they don't disappear if I lose, that's good knowledge to have.

That's good to know, I have a couple void keys. I didn't want to use them right away, but it looks like they don't disappear if I lose, that's good knowledge to have.
You don't have to use your keys. I have over 50 keys saved up because I help others in the Recruit channel instead of using my own. I recommend doing that. IIRC, Survival keys give lots of control modules. Stick to T1 stuff if you are weak. You can check the wiki for drops.

IvorB

There are a handful of frames who still rock without reactors even at high level. You listed two of them. :p

Ha! I totally knew you would say that. :)

There's a difference between struggling and being carried. You're not boosting with a reactor, you're gimped without it. DE aren't running a charity, it's pretty clear that slots and reactors act as 'a tax' on unlocking new frames. A buck for a new frame and the resulting hours of entertainment isn't unreasonable given how much I value my time. If you don't want to pay, farm up some mods and sell them in trade.

It sounds like you're very early on (can't even max out 60 points in frame mods yet). . . hopefully you'll come around or just stick to your full frames.

I really don't know why you're using your erroneous assumptions about why I don't want to pay as a basis for sounding off about supporting the devs. I've spent quite a bit more in this game than the cost of a few reactors on colour palettes, scarves, sentinel accessories etc. The reactors are not a tax. They're a rare in-game resource which is also available to buy for real money. So, as with all in-game resources, I only acquire them in the game. If you want to buy your resources with real money you go right ahead. Not everyone wants to do that.

I think this conversation started with assisting a player who said they were quite early in the game and I really don't think a reactor is essential for running planetary missions in the early game. So I don't think belittling people's contribution to the team because they don't have a reactor is very helpful when you don't know anything about their other gear, how they play or what levels they are even attempting.

I wouldn't really say I am that early in the game to be honest. I simply have not come across any useful V polarity mods for my frames that need them. Good job on the condescension though.

Surge

I'm having a lot of fun using the Rhino right now.

I plan on trying to grind to 30 today and then throwing a reactor on it too.

Man it sucks so few people are playing this game. I am trying to open up all the planets so I can do what ever alerts come up. I am about halfway fthrough Sedna, but it is taking forever because I basically have to solo every mission. There are like 2 or 3 people playing that planet when ever I check.

Man it sucks so few people are playing this game. I am trying to open up all the planets so I can do what ever alerts come up. I am about halfway fthrough Sedna, but it is taking forever because I basically have to solo every mission. There are like 2 or 3 people playing that planet when ever I check.
Tons of people are playing, but very few make clearing all the maps out a priority. Even some folks here with over 100 hours haven't done it. Plus, even when you clear them out, there is no reason to play most of them again unless there is an alert. So you rarely see folks on those stages. Don't take it as an indication of the game's state. The chat rooms are better for that.

I cleared out Sedna solo, even with it set to Online.
I was thankful that most of the Defense/Mobile Defence were out on branches off the main course through, so I didn't need to do them to get to the Boss.

Saryn is really good and worth the effort.
Her Miasma wipes out everything.

With the Chlora Helmet and the correct mods.

Tons of people are playing, but very few make clearing all the maps out a priority. Even some folks here with over 100 hours haven't done it.
I'm over 250 hours and I haven't cleared it yet - though its one of my goals.

I know how it feels to run through an empty system though - been playing through Ceres and Pluto lately and its pretty lonely out there ;p

I do revisit planets all the time though. As I get new weapons and frames I'll start back at the early planets and jump between them as I level up the weapon in solo exterminations and sabotages. After a bit I'll jump into level appropriate defense, mobile defense and survival missions for kicks, affinity and resources.

So far the going is still good, even if forward progress does slow down in those outer rim worlds.

ShinMaruku

I need to find these high paying missions I just bloew 20k credits and am back to 29k... So much of this game to learn. I would think they'd have a bit more information baked into the game

I need to find these high paying missions I just bloew 20k credits and am back to 29k... So much of this game to learn. I would think they'd have a bit more information baked into the game
Do operations for cash, high payout alerts (6K+) and void missions and you'll be raking in the credits in no time. Ever since operations became a permanent fixture on the starmap its been rare for me to have less than 500K, and my buddies who play are each over a million credits easily.

Surge

Grimløck;104612967 said:
you can, and should, throw on a reactor before 30 as you effectively double your mod points with each level up.

Thanks for the tip. I never really even thought about doing this tbh.

Why make it harder on yourself?
Because sometimes its more fun to make things harder on yourself, or just to avoid turning every mission into a whirlwind sprint.

Been enjoying going through Ceres and Pluto in low level weapons (non-forma'd level 5-7 weapons). Not just to purposefully gimp myself mind you, but to level them up and see how they handle against tougher foes - but it can also bring back some of that tension I used to get from my early going, when everything in the game was scarier and I had to be more thoughtful in my choices.

Playing public matches of the same, especially with vet players is generally a slide-run of specials followed by specials and more specials and more slide-running and then its over. I've never seen the fun in that ;P

I just dont have anyone on my friends list that plays this game and I know you cant play the void missions with randoms.
Yes you can. Go to the recruit channel and PM folks with keys.

Because sometimes its more fun to make things harder on yourself, or just to avoid turning every mission into a whirlwind sprint.

Been enjoying going through Ceres and Pluto in low level weapons (non-forma'd level 5-7 weapons). Not just to purposefully gimp myself mind you, but to level them up and see how they handle against tougher foes - but it can also bring back some of that tension I used to get from my early going, when everything in the game was scarier and I had to be more thoughtful in my choices.

Playing public matches of the same, especially with vet players is generally a slide-run of specials followed by specials and more specials and more slide-running and then its over. I've never seen the fun in that ;P
I agree that the game is less fun when you overpower everything, but I usually move on at that point. I am not a fan of weakening myself.

Korten

Banned
Tried to do the Rhea: Ties That Bind... I give up, despite having a Lex 30, Frost 30, Boltor 21, and a Galatine 30... I just couldn't damage the bosses, I know levels aren't everything but I am not that bad.

But outside not doing shit damage, the lag during the fight is unbearable, there is no many enemy effect animations that it's extreamly hard to tell what the hell is going on. They really need to fix this game, I love it but... damn... It's hard to play it.

I wouldn't be also angry about this mission if the Alert was higher level... But it's 10 to 15... But no damn way any level 10 to 15 will be able to take it on.

see if you can find some fellow GAF clan members to help with it while there's still time i guess.

when i played that mission it went pretty smooth thou, so i think it might have something to do with the connection of whoever's hosting the mission. and yes, i do agree that the mission should be label higher level, the "boss" part is rather tough if ppl are not sure on what to do.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Tried to do the Rhea: Ties That Bind... I give up, despite having a Lex 30, Frost 30, Boltor 21, and a Galatine 30... I just couldn't damage the bosses, I know levels aren't everything but I am not that bad.

But outside not doing shit damage, the lag during the fight is unbearable, there is no many enemy effect animations that it's extreamly hard to tell what the hell is going on. They really need to fix this game, I love it but... damn... It's hard to play it.

I wouldn't be also angry about this mission if the Alert was higher level... But it's 10 to 15... But no damn way any level 10 to 15 will be able to take it on.

It's a bit of an equipment/gear check.

As you acquire more weapons and warframes you'll perform better.

Also, AFAIK that 10-15 are the enemy levels, tennos and warframes don't have levels like in traditional RPG's..

IvorB

Focus, Continuity and Blind Rage are amazing mods with a V polarity.

Continuity and Focus I definitely need as well as some others I have my eye on. I am using the wiki to try and track them down and doing loads of endless defense but no luck. Hopefully soon™. I do wonder how accurate the wiki is for PS4 though...

I did the alert last night for the Sheild Deflection mod. It is so nice not having to have electrical resistance in the aura spot now. I wish they did more alerts for mods. I have tons of helmet and weapon skins that I dont have the items for.

IvorB

I did the alert last night for the Sheild Deflection mod. It is so nice not having to have electrical resistance in the aura spot now. I wish they did more alerts for mods. I have tons of helmet and weapon skins that I dont have the items for.

At least you can actually see what you're going for now. Before the update I just did any alert with an item reward just in case.

ShinMaruku

I do love the bullet attactor ablity mag has with focusing bullets on a mook. If I have a good group of fire on a boss he gets wasted.

IvorB

I've never tried Mag. Next frame to try is Volt which I have in the oven at the moment. Hope he will be good. So far I've found three solid hits in Loki, Rhino and Vauban. Oberon was a dud and I am not sure how I feel about Nova.

Top Bottom