• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

ShinMaruku

Finally got my key done and the dojo does indeed look nice. I find this game is great for my little streaming set up at the moment. I am 2 missions way from the nova parts ans nobody seems to be on for those. I guess I can farm up some things and wait for more people.

IvorB

Finally got my key done and the dojo does indeed look nice. I find this game is great for my little streaming set up at the moment. I am 2 missions way from the nova parts ans nobody seems to be on for those. I guess I can farm up some things and wait for more people.

Just ask in the clan chat if you need someone to go with you to get something you need. I think most people would be happy to help out.

anyone else getting login failed? could not connect to server?

never seen that. screen say i have to have an account to play on my ps4. it has always used my psn.

VariantX

Fuck those
hyenas
. Mission gives you a bunch of low level dudes and then bam, level 28 hits like a truck boss

Yep.
Seperating the three gets really hard if your team mates dont last long enough to distract them. Also, the mag aura hyena can die in a fire.

If there is room i would love an invite PSN is Pansargryning. Im a new player but i played alot of ME3 multiplayer and im getting into this pretty quick. Looking forward to play with you all.

Surge

Finally got the string to make the Paris Prime last night.

I want to say it took me a good 20+ tries to get that damn string.

Plus I have the Rhino building so I can't wait to try that frame.

Finally got the string to make the Paris Prime last night.

I want to say it took me a good 20+ tries to get that damn string.

Plus I have the Rhino building so I can't wait to try that frame.

Rhino is so much fun. I am really liking nova, just sucks that I cant get a reactor so she is super limited in abilities so far. I keep hoping I will get one for logging in but so far no luck.

boinx

Is there a GAF clan? I would like to get invited if such a thing is possible.

Nickname: boinxd

Btw, can you use the same account on PS4 and PC versions?

frizby

Zephyr is f'ing amazing. She's neck and neck with Loki for my third favorite frame.

Tailwind is like a non-damage dealing version of Excalibur's Super Jump and Slash Dash, but with much much more range (when you add Duration)

Turbulence shield lasts over 30 seconds (with added Duration), and while it doesn't make her quite as tanky as Rhino or Trinity, it's pretty damn good.

Tornado is a great crowd control ultimate and is sort of like multiple Vauban Vortexes that home in on enemies. This one needs some Range to go with Duration.

Dive Bomb is like a smaller Rhino Stomp that I haven't quite mastered yet. Like Tornado, it needs Range to be effective. I don't have a power build, so it isn't quite as good as Tornado for crowd control, so I mostly use it to get her back on the ground quickly. It's possible I'll forma it out for either a Focus or a Continuity to support her other abilities.

My build is currently Rage/Quick Thinking/Streamline/Fleeting (R4)/Narrow Minded/Overextended. One "D" forma allows me to put on all of these at max (other than Fleeting), and I may forma her for E Siphon, but I don't find that I have a lot of energy problems, and I kind of like her with Rejuvination.

So i just got a tower II exterminate key. What is this? should i use it? what level should i be to complete it?

im kinda low lvl atm should i just save it for later?

VariantX

So i just got a tower II exterminate key. What is this? should i use it? what level should i be to complete it?

It's a void key. It takes you to a void extermination mission with roughly 100-150 ish targets. You'll fight corrupted versions of enemies from all 3 factions and they're a bit stronger than their normal counterparts. Id wait until you're a bit higher in levels and you've run across some good mods before trying. Also, you won't get help from randoms because they cant join, I think its invite only.

Tower keys allow you to access Orokin Void missions, basically a different tileset with 'corrupted' versions of a mix of existing enemies. They scale in difficulty from 1-3. They offer unique rewards (prime equipment as mission rewards, and some exclusive mods in containers).

T2 isn't that difficult, if you have potatoed your frame and have reasonable weapons you should be able to tackle it if your mid teens or higher. If you fail the mission, the key is not consumed so you don't have much to lose.

I will have to try a tower mission then, can you get reactors from them?

Unfortunately, no.

The only way to get reactors is via alert rewards or purchasing with platinum. More often than not, unless you stick with the same couple frames for a long while, or are just very patient, you'll need to buy it.

Unfortunately, no.

The only way to get reactors is via alert rewards or purchasing with platinum. More often than not, unless you stick with the same couple frames for a long while, or are just very patient, you'll need to buy it.

I thought that i looked in the store, do you know how much they are? I think I have 26 platinum that I have been holding onto that I would spend on one.

Really enjoyed that Darvo alert. Did it solo with lower level gear (but my 30 Nyx) and it had some tense moments. Enemy reinforcements were literally non-stop, from all directions, the entire time. I consider myself lucky to have not run dry of ammo in all of my weapons, but I was inches away from exactly that.

And of course the rewards were worthwhile, but now I wonder about any repercussions ;P

IvorB

Unfortunately, no.

Thanks I will buy one tonight for sure then.

Reactors and catalysts are pretty huge boosts though so just be aware of that if you plan on paying for them. You can get them legitimately in the game so I wouldn't really advise buying unless you are comfortable paying really money for what is a pretty big leg up. I think it's better not to because it makes it all the better when they do pop up. They're supposed to be a really rare, treasured item.

Reactors and catalysts are pretty huge boosts though so just be aware of that if you plan on paying for them. You can get them legitimately in the game so I wouldn't really advise buying unless you are comfortable paying really money for what is a pretty big leg up. I think it's better not to because it makes it all the better when they do pop up. They're supposed to be a really rare, treasured item.

Yeah I have gotten like 3 catalyst blueprints in all the time I have played but I havent gotten a single one for a reactor. They keep popping up to tease me for the daily bonus.

IvorB

Yeah I have gotten like 3 catalyst blueprints in all the time I have played but I havent gotten a single one for a reactor. They keep popping up to tease me for the daily bonus.

It will come. Though a catalysed weapon can be quite a big game changer since you can easily find mods to pile on it. Good mods to add to a frame can be hard to come by in my experience. Still never seen any V polarity mods for my frames :-(.

If you intend on playing a frame, potato it. Fielding an unpotatoed frame is a big stealth middle finger to everyone in your group.

Early on, when you are accumulating frames quickly, you'll probably want to sink some plat and buy a few, or you'll have to be very, very patient. When you establish a stable of good frames, you can start to hold off using newer frames until you get a gold potato alert.

Regardless, 20p is not unreasonable in my mind as an entry tax for a new frame. You're going to get a few hours (at least) of enjoyment out of it, so buck or less doesn't seem steep - whether that's money you spend directly, or earn selling a mod or two.

IvorB

If you intend on playing a frame, potato it. Fielding an unpotatoed frame is a big stealth middle finger to everyone in your group.

Early on, when you are accumulating frames quickly, you'll probably want to sink some plat and buy a few, or you'll have to be very, very patient. When you establish a stable of good frames, you can start to hold off using newer frames until you get a gold potato alert.

Regardless, 20p is not unreasonable in my mind as an entry tax for a new frame. You're going to get a few hours (at least) of enjoyment out of it, so buck or less doesn't seem steep - whether that's money you spend directly, or earn selling a mod or two.

Personally I wouldn't recommend paying-to-potato. I have managed to find enough for my needs. I don't think playing an unpotatoed frame is going to be an issue for running most missions. My Nova has no reactor and she does just fine.

It's nice to play the standard issue frame before you take it to the next level with a reactor. Feels like a good progression as it's such a big boost. But each to their own I guess.

Personally I wouldn't recommend paying-to-potato. I have managed to find enough for my needs. I don't think playing an unpotatoed frame is going to be an issue for running most missions. My Nova has no reactor and she does just fine.

It's nice to play the standard issue frame before you take it to the next level with a reactor. Feels like a good progression as it's such a big boost. But each to their own I guess.

It's all well and good to say to each their own, but Warframe is a coop squad experience, so it's not entirely accurate. For higher level missions, your squad is going to end up having to pick up the slack for you.

Without a reactor, you're limiting your squad to 3.5 Tenno.

Helscream

Banned
Fuck those
hyenas
. Mission gives you a bunch of low level dudes and then bam, level 28 hits like a truck boss
I actually did mine solo without knowing about the Hyena pack. They were like level 39 for me. So it was a pretty tuff fight, but alot of fun. Drakgoon+Akmagnus=Mans setup.

IvorB

It's all well and good to say to each their own, but Warframe is a coop squad experience, so it's not entirely accurate. For higher level missions, your squad is going to end up having to pick up the slack for you.

Without a reactor, you're limiting your squad to 3.5 Tenno.

Meh. It's easy to assess your impact during a mission. If you're dying all the time and not wracking up the damage then, yeah, maybe you're not pulling weight but there is nothing to say that someone with an unreactored frame can't roll with anyone. Some people don't want to pay for gameplay boosts. In any case I have managed to reactor three frames so it is possible without payment.

Also finding all the required mods to fully take advantage of a reactored frame is not that easy in the early-mid game. I still have mod points unused on some of mine.

Also, Nova is not a good example of the consequences of not using a reactor.

I also rolled with Rhino before I reactored him. It's no problem at all. As I said, it's easy to see if someone is struggling.

IvorB

I actually did mine solo without knowing about the Hyena pack. They were like level 39 for me. So it was a pretty tuff fight, but alot of fun. Drakgoon+Akmagnus=Mans setup.

***Gorgon+Akmagnus+Kestrel here, bringing the pain. Worked pretty damn well.

Akmagnus is a thing of beauty. You can land a status attack on almost every hit as well as being a crit monster *drool*. Last night I was just rolling with my side arms, like "what? I don't even need my primary for these guys". Soma+Akmagnus for me.

Think I might see about applying a judicious forma or two just to seal the deal.

Top Bottom