• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I really don't know why you're using your erroneous assumptions about why I don't want to pay as a basis for sounding off about supporting the devs. I've spent quite a bit more in this game than the cost of a few reactors on colour palettes, scarves, sentinel accessories etc. The reactors are not a tax. They're a rare in-game resource which is also available to buy for real money. So, as with all in-game resources, I only acquire them in the game. If you want to buy your resources with real money you go right ahead. Not everyone wants to do that.

I think this conversation started with assisting a player who said they were quite early in the game and I really don't think a reactor is essential for running planetary missions in the early game. So I don't think belittling people's contribution to the team because they don't have a reactor is very helpful when you don't know anything about their other gear, how they play or what levels they are even attempting.

I wouldn't really say I am that early in the game to be honest. I simply have not come across any useful V polarity mods for my frames that need them. Good job on the condescension though.

I've not made any assumptions about your gear. . . you've told me you don't have enough mods to reach 60 points on at least some of your frames (FYI, Focus, Blind Rage and Continuity would all likely make excellent candidates for your idle V slot). As you keep playing, you'll level your mods up more and find new mods that will boost your frames strengths even further - there's no way I could fill any of the frames to mod capacity at 30 points, in some cases I will even go past the potato and forma a slot or two in order to fit everything I want for my build. I'm not trying to belittle you here, I'm just saying that if you want to use and level the mods you acquire, and create a frame build that maxes its potential, potatoing is necessary.

Calling Reactors a resource is entirely incorrect. Resources drop from enemies, lockers and containers according to the planet/mission type; they are in turn used to craft items. Reactors, in contrast, are occasionally offered as rewards (, just like some of the cosmetic items that are normally only available for platinum) and are typically crafted, they are items. Furthermore, they're available for purchase with platinum, which doesn't necessarily require real money

For myself, when I was just starting out, prior to listening to the great advice from Mol and others in the clan who suggest potatoing every frame they use, I found the game unbalanced and frustrating. This was before the level rebalance was introduced, so I suspect things have gotten a bit easier, but it still seems very clear to me that the game was designed with reactored frames in mind. This realization was instrumental in my own enjoyment of the game, so I share it with newer players.

From the offset, I made it clear that reactors require patience or platinum. It sounds like you lean more toward patience, but I wouldn't be so quick to force that stance on others.

molnizzle

I really don't know why you're using your erroneous assumptions about why I don't want to pay as a basis for sounding off about supporting the devs. I've spent quite a bit more in this game than the cost of a few reactors on colour palettes, scarves, sentinel accessories etc. The reactors are not a tax. They're a rare in-game resource which is also available to buy for real money. So, as with all in-game resources, I only acquire them in the game. If you want to buy your resources with real money you go right ahead. Not everyone wants to do that.

I think this conversation started with assisting a player who said they were quite early in the game and I really don't think a reactor is essential for running planetary missions in the early game. So I don't think belittling people's contribution to the team because they don't have a reactor is very helpful when you don't know anything about their other gear, how they play or what levels they are even attempting.

I wouldn't really say I am that early in the game to be honest. I simply have not come across any useful V polarity mods for my frames that need them. Good job on the condescension though.

So much wrong in this.

Every Warframe you play should be potatoed. Every single one. If you're running with a group in a non-potatoed 'frame, you're a dick. I honestly wish that there was an option to filter out the gimped players during matchmaking.

Potatoes are absolutely the "tax" in this game.

Every Warframe you play should be potatoed. Every single one. If you're running with a group in a non-potatoed 'frame, you're a dick.
This is heaping quantities of bullshit.

You're projecting your own power-gamer nonsense onto an entire community. It ain't so.

But I'd be fine with some filters for setting up groups.

So much wrong in this.

Every Warframe you play should be potatoed. Every single one. If you're running with a group in a non-potatoed 'frame, you're a dick. I honestly wish that there was an option to filter out the gimped players during matchmaking.

Some frames need it more than others. I top damage charts with unranked frames when I have a good weapon sometimes. Not everything is wave 200 of a defense mission.

molnizzle

This is heaping quantities of bullshit.

You're projecting your own power-gamer nonsense onto an entire community. It ain't so.

But I'd be fine with some filters for setting up groups.

This is a "power-game" if ever there was one. Let's be honest, there's really not much here besides grinding the gear treadmill. If you're not interested in that then you're playing the wrong game in the first place. Not to mention letting down your teammates and making the experience less enjoyable for them. As I said before, it's a dick thing to do.

People have every right to carebear their way through single-player games and make armor decisions based on aesthetics rather than stats or choose to use suboptimal loadouts for "fun" rather than function. That's great for them. I'm not into it, but hey, it's harmless. As soon as you jump into multiplayer, though, it's not harmless anymore. It's bullshit and anyone who does that is a fucking asshole.

That's just the way it is, there's really no opinion to be had about it. You're either helping out your teammates as best you can, or you're being a dick.

This is a "power-game" if ever there was one. Let's be honest, there's really not much here besides grinding the gear treadmill.
The moment to moment gameplay is what keeps me interested, and co-op with my buddies just makes it even better. Gear alone means nothing on its face unless it brings something new and interesting or enjoyable to the gameplay. That's why I'm hooked. I don't need a Frost Prime and I'm not about to spend hours of my life hunting down plants if its not a good time. The long and varied progressions are just context, almost like trophies, nice extras and optional metagoals, except in Warframe's case you do get to slot more mods and try out new builds as you progress. Once again that keeps things fresh.

If you want to min/max and power-game and that's your playstyle, fine. If people want to sprint through the game and leave others behind, that's also your prerogative. But I'd take issue and say that demanding other players follow your style, and telling them when and how you demand they spend their money in a free-to-play game is a bit much. I dig you Molv, but you've got a my-way-or-the-highway attitude towards this game and how people MUST play it, and it doesn't serve you or the game well.

You're instrumental in the clan and you keep up with the in-game and PSN chat - you can find a squad of like minded people to play with easily, more easily than most players, and so not only do you not need to rely upon or dictate how public matches should work, but you also don't need to berate those who disagree. This isn't a competition. Its a game first and foremost, and I think you lose sight of that.

/friendly-criticism

molnizzle

The moment to moment gameplay is what keeps me interested, and co-op with my buddies just makes it even better. Gear alone means nothing on its face unless it brings something new and interesting or enjoyable to the gameplay. That's why I'm hooked. I don't need a Frost Prime and I'm not about to spend hours of my life hunting down plants if its not a good time. The long and varied progressions are just context, almost like trophies, nice extras and optional metagoals, except in Warframe's case you do get to slot more mods and try out new builds as you progress. Once again that keeps things fresh.

If you want to min/max and power-game and that's your playstyle, fine. If people want to sprint through the game and leave others behind, that's also your prerogative. But I'd take issue and say that demanding other players follow your style, and telling them when and how you demand they spend their money in a free-to-play game is a bit much. I dig you Molv, but you've got a my-way-or-the-highway attitude towards this game and how people MUST play it, and it doesn't serve you or the game well.

You're instrumental in the clan and you keep up with the in-game and PSN chat - you can find a squad of like minded people to play with easily, more easily than most players, and so not only do you not need to rely upon or dictate how public matches should work, but you also don't need to berate those who disagree. This isn't a competition. Its a game first and foremost, and I think you lose sight of that.

/friendly-criticism

I'm not really "dictating" anything though. If people wanna flip the bird to their teammates and run co-op missions in un-potatoed 'frames, they have every right to. Doesn't mean that they're not dicks. =P

This is a squad-based game, after all. Every decision I make regarding my loadout is made with the mindset of "how will this help my team?" Obviously not everyone plays that way... but if they don't want to, they should at least have the decency to roll solo.

Atkison04

Greetings all! Just got accepted on Neogaf after a couple months of waiting. Just wanted to drop in and say that I've been loving me some Warframe, and I would ask for a clan invite (but I'm in one and don't know how to get out)...and also...titans have been falling as of late...so.. Just wanted to say that I'm thankful for all the good tips that you guys have given to forum creepers like me over the past few months. Thanks.

IvorB

I've not made any assumptions about your gear. . . you've told me you don't have enough mods to reach 60 points on at least some of your frames (FYI, Focus, Blind Rage and Continuity would all likely make excellent candidates for your idle V slot). As you keep playing, you'll level your mods up more and find new mods that will boost your frames strengths even further - there's no way I could fill any of the frames to mod capacity at 30 points, in some cases I will even go past the potato and forma a slot or two in order to fit everything I want for my build. I'm not trying to belittle you here, I'm just saying that if you want to use and level the mods you acquire, and create a frame build that maxes its potential, potatoing is necessary.

For myself, when I was just starting out, prior to listening to the great advice from Mol and others in the clan who suggest potatoing every frame they use, I found the game unbalanced and frustrating. This was before the level rebalance was introduced, so I suspect things have gotten a bit easier, but it still seems very clear to me that the game was designed with reactored frames in mind. This realization was instrumental in my own enjoyment of the game, so I share it with newer players.

From the offset, I made it clear that reactors require patience or platinum. It sounds like you lean more toward patience, but I wouldn't be so quick to force that stance on others.

It's cool, man. It's not me that I felt was being belittled. I'm not really that bothered about that to be honest and, to be fair, all but one of the frames I use has a reactor. I was just questioning the idea of telling new players that they shouldn't be seen in public without one. There is another option beside buying them and it's not without its own merits in terms of enjoyment. I'm not trying to force this stance on others just merely highlighting is all. Though, no doubt, a reactor is essential to truly unlock a frame.

So much wrong in this.

Ho ho ho!! I was genuinely wondering why we had not heard Clan Leader Mol's views on this issue. I know you take a hard line on this, Mol. I also know that I am unlikely to persuade you otherwise on this so I think we will have to agree to disagree.

I can totally agree with this. For me it's about the process of developing my gear and getting where I want it. If I just went to the store and bought whatever high level stuff I needed right away I really don't think there would be any point in playing for me. Playing the frame from unranked to level 30 and then finding the reactor and unlocking it's full potential is what I enjoy.

I'm not really "dictating" anything though. If people wanna flip the bird to their teammates and run co-op missions in un-potatoed 'frames, they have every right to. Doesn't mean that they're not dicks. =P

This is a squad-based game, after all. Every decision I make regarding my loadout is made with the mindset of "how will this help my team?" Obviously not everyone plays that way... but if they don't want to, they should at least have the decency to roll solo.

I really don't know why you would be so intransient on this issue. So you're telling me that when I take my new, unpotatoed frame out to the early planets to play, I'm rocking a catalysed and forma'ed Soma (split chamber, crit monster, serration, the works) and a catalysed Akmagnus killing everybody in the room, I'm still flipping my team the bird?

I'll do everything I can to ensure my loadout is effective and does not drag the team down but I absolutely draw the line at paying to potato. This does not mean that I don't recognise that reactors are important and the likelihood is that if I am playing a mission of any seriousness I will be fully reactored. But sometimes I am gonna be playing an unreactored frame and if you think that make me a dick then so be it I guess.

The game isn't challenging enough to warrant all that effort, though. Outside of high level defense/survival, the game is really easy once you get most of the mods and some good weapons. And I don't mean that in a mooching kind of way. Like I said, I tend to put in more than my fair share on the damage charts.

Also, I found Zephyr to be uninteresting. Considerably disappointing since I was looking forward to her.

Also also, I wish I could make the Penta grenade flare bigger. Sometimes there's so much stuff going on the screen that I can't tell where the grenade went, and it bounces off of some odd angle without my knowing...

ShinMaruku

I had a insane night too with being taxiged to many places by fellow Gafers so that is much appreciated. Now I have 4 frames with 3 about to be built when I have 100k credits.

I'm bummed I missed Energy Siphon alert. I really wanted that. Tough times...

It sucks that the good alerts seem to be at weird times. I guess it is tough juggling that stuff for the whole world. I wish that the mod alerts would all last 24 hours. That way everyone would have a chance to get on and get them.

IvorB

It sucks that the good alerts seem to be at weird times. I guess it is tough juggling that stuff for the whole world. I wish that the mod alerts would all last 24 hours. That way everyone would have a chance to get on and get them.

That would be a lot fairer. I can't remember the last time there was an Energy Siphon alert. If it lasted a decent length of time I could grab it after work but now it's just gone gone, gone.

1) Make all alerts last 24 hours.
2) Eliminate all credit-only alerts.
3) Alerts 4-5 times per day.

The alert system is now perfect.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm bummed I missed Energy Siphon alert. I really wanted that. Tough times...

I have 2 Energy Siphon spares. If you want one, flick me a PM on PSN (KurtNiisan) and I'll put one aside for you.

Edit: GAF's started to fuck up. PS4 VR headset news incoming... in 1hr 45mins ~_~

Cronnie

Started sorting out my Galatine properly today and got some maxed charge damage mods on it, my goodness that thing can dish out some serious damage, all I need now is to get hold of Corrupt Charge.

Almost at mastery rank 6 as well, so hopefully will have my Soma building soon.

IvorB

I have 2 Energy Siphon spares. If you want one, flick me a PM on PSN (KurtNiisan) and I'll put one aside for you.

Edit: GAF's started to fuck up. PS4 VR headset news incoming... in 1hr 45mins ~_~

Thanks for the offer, mate. I'll ping you if I need to take you up on that.

HORRORSHØW

when's the next update? there's literally nothing to do anymore. i've been formaing my excalibur for the fuck of it, selling mods for plat, and buying profile icons and other nonsense with that plat cause there's nothing else to do with it.

Grimløck;104979749 said:
when's the next update? there's literally nothing to do anymore. i've been formaing my excalibur for the fuck of it, selling mods for plat, and buying profile icons and other nonsense with that plat cause there's nothing else to do with it.
I am also taking a break, though I did just finish Djinn, so I will go back and try that out in a few days. I am hoping that Djinn + Machine Gun = really good when I max them out.

IvorB

I am also taking a break, though I did just finish Djinn, so I will go back and try that out in a few days. I am hoping that Djinn + Machine Gun = really good when I max them out.

Yeah I'm gonna ease off for a bit also. I downloaded Tomb Raider so I should probably play through that. The last update didn't really add much as far as I can tell because basically the game just boils down to building gear and doing defense and survival missions. I don't know about others but I find doing capture, exterminate and the rest pretty boring compared to survival and defense. It would be great if they could come up with some stuff that would capture that intensity and yet switch it up somehow.

So feel a break is in order. Will probably need to get Loki back to max rank first though. Also would like to get Volt in good shape (I really like Volt already). Probably will level up that Dread bow I keep meaning to try also. Hmmm... guess I will dip in and out.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Grimløck;104979749 said:

They announced they would be submitting to cert this week so with any luck we will have a new update next week.

I do have a scheme to get credits and affinity without playing that I want to run by you guys:
1) Infiltration mission.
2) Rhino frame.
3) Djinn with Deth Machine Gun (max range sentinel + perfect accuracy).
4) Park Rhino at a location.
5) AFK while the Sentinel kills everything.

Thoughts? I don't feel bad about it since it's not any different from what you normally do on that mission as it is. I've been looking for an AFK farming method for a long time...

I have all the parts now that Djinn is finally done, so I will be trying it out in a day or two.

I do have a scheme to get credits and affinity without playing that I want to run by you guys:
1) Infiltration mission.
2) Rhino frame.
3) Djinn with Deth Machine Gun (max range sentinel + perfect accuracy).
4) Park Rhino at a location.
5) AFK while the Sentinel kills everything.

Thoughts? I don't feel bad about it since it's not any different from what you normally do on that mission as it is. I've been looking for an AFK farming method for a long time...8

I have all the parts now that Djinn is finally done, so I will be trying it out in a day or two.
The sweeper, brought by the carrier, is capable of doing faaaaaar more damage than any other sentinel wep in the game.

Taking carrier will also mean that youll get resources.

Only thing i can see breaking this, besides the horrendously slow ratr of progression, would be toxic ancients.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hmmm... that sounds promising. Hope he's not all talk.

It's out of context.

At the time of that transmission, the Tethra event was running on PC. Quite a bit of people complained that the event was too easy and this was DE's way of announcing they were gonna tune up the event.

EDIT: 12.5 is live on PC, new sentinel and a new syandana, bunch of fixes. Devstream on Friday at the usual hour with the all-star team.

ShinMaruku

I must like how some of the bosses reference your clan. So when one of the grineer said "I'll destroy NeoGaf" I had to chuckle. Then I burnt him.

HORRORSHØW

I12.5 is live on PC, new sentinel and a new syandana, bunch of fixes. Devstream on Friday at the usual hour with the all-star team.
ah yeah. thankfully with the new sentinel i may finally fill up my codex. all i have scanned right now are the plants from the cicero crisis.

The sweeper, brought by the carrier, is capable of doing faaaaaar more damage than any other sentinel wep in the game.

Taking carrier will also mean that youll get resources.

Only thing i can see breaking this, besides the horrendously slow ratr of progression, would be toxic ancients.
The Carrier has crap range, though. I tried the strategy today, and it worked. The Djinn is a goddamn sniper with the rifle. I feel like the shotgun would be too spread out at long ranges.

I only ran into two problems. When a leader with a frost shield came out, I died. Also, Djinn stops shooting sometimes, and I don't know why. Thoughts on that? I mean for an extended period of time, not while reloading.

I got a Metal Augur and T2Def key while AFK.

The Carrier has crap range, though. I tried the strategy today, and it worked. The Djinn is a goddamn sniper with the rifle. I feel like the shotgun would be too spread out at long ranges.

I only ran into two problems. When a leader with a frost shield came out, I died. Also, Djinn stops shooting sometimes, and I don't know why. Thoughts on that? I mean for an extended period of time, not while reloading.

I got a Metal Augur and T2Def key while AFK.

Sentinels stop firing after a minute of being AFK ;)

Top Bottom