• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Welp, void framerate is still shit; so much for performance improvements. I think I'm pretty much done until Melee 2.0, can't find any motivation anymore. It's been a fun grind though (rank 13) so I'm not complaining too much. The game just needs something more interesting.

Do you need to work with a group to get the higher level rewards from events like this? I want to get the Gorgan Wraith gun and the mods. I think I will switch back to my rhino frame since nova's shields go down so fast.

bLaiSe

Fucking OUCH. That sounds like a heinous bug.

So I guess the best advice is to avoid void missions until they get a fix out.
Yeah, it's infuriating. I think I'll just straight up buy Rhino Prime BPs because out of 5 Void missions 4 completely froze up my PS4.

Do you need to work with a group to get the higher level rewards from events like this? I want to get the Gorgan Wraith gun and the mods. I think I will switch back to my rhino frame since nova's shields go down so fast.

The high level awards can always be soloed, but mol will want us to group up to maximize clan score.

SnakeEyes

Banned
TETHRA'S DOOM EVENT QUICK GUIDE

a) Collect from your inbox the recipes for the two keys, the power core and the shield core keys.

b) Head to Earth and enter the Tethra's Doom event node. Just do one wave and you'll get rewarded with 2 data fragments when you extract. Repeat as necessary.

c) Power Core Key requires 3 fragments, Shield core Key requires 6 fragments.

d) Use Power Core Key to access the special event tileset. Score 500 or higher.

e) Use Shield core Key to access very special event tileset. Score 1000 or higher.

Wiki link for extra info: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tethra's_Doom
Shit, so this event is now live with the latest update? Sigh...

Incoming Clan in-fighting confirmed.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Shit, so this event is now live with the latest update? Sigh...

Incoming Clan in-fighting confirmed.

I would hope not, since the event is rather quick and does not require scanning plants for hours =)

Mooks, Dave, Doctor and I just did a 2k+ run in like one hour? Not like the Cicero crisis at all.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I would hope not, since the event is rather quick and does not require scanning plants for hours =)

Mooks, Dave, Doctor and I just did a 2k+ run in like one hour? Not like the Cicero crisis at all.
Well I'll have to see if I can be lucky enough to get on with you guys then :p

Also, have we got an updated time limit on people getting kicked from the clan? I did a rough look through the list last night and we've got a full clan now, and people hitting the 20+ Day Inactive mark.

Edit: MY GOD, Rhino Prime looks boss!

One thing I don't understand about this game is the idea of getting rewards from repeatedly playing the exact same mission, again and again and again.

There are plenty of worlds and enemy types and objectives and modifiers - invasions end up spanning over half the locations in a world and yet even those invasion missions require you to run the exact same mission 3 to 5 times to get battle pay. It's tedium by design.

I'd love to see rewards based upon doing a variety of missions - or a distinct set of missions in order - rather than purely repeating a single one over and over again.

Let me sign up for a string of five ordered missions, and make those missions a mix of objectives and locations and modifiers and hell, throw in a boss or two for good measure. It'd be more campaign-ish, more like doing quests in other games, or dungeon chains in Dragon's Crown.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
One thing I don't understand about this game is the idea of getting rewards from repeatedly playing the exact same mission, again and again and again.

There are plenty of worlds and enemy types and objectives and modifiers - invasions end up spanning over half the locations in a world and yet even those invasion missions require you to the exact same mission 3 to 5 times to get battle pay. It's tedium by design.

I'd love to see rewards based upon doing a variety of missions - or a distinct set of missions in order - rather than purely repeating a single one over and over again.

Let me sign up for a string of five ordered missions, and make those missions a mix of objectives and locations and modifiers and hell, throw in a boss or two for good measure. It'd be more campaign-ish, more like doing quests in other games, or dungeon chains in Dragon's Crown.

Yeah, with the shipyards they've got 10 tilesets (not including the dojo)... they have some variety there to do something like that.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
TETHRA'S DOOM EVENT QUICK GUIDE UPDATED

a) Collect from your inbox the recipes for the two keys, the power core and the shield core cyphers.

b) Head to Earth and enter the Tethra's Doom event node. Just do one wave and you'll get rewarded with 2 data fragments when you extract. Repeat as necessary. No matter how many waves you do, you will only get 2 data fragments. This is not your regular interception, grineer will swarm you and a lot of leaders will spawn.

d) Use Power Core Key to access the special event tileset. Score 500 or higher. This one is quite easy, enemies are around level 10.

e) Use Shield core Key to access very special event tileset. Score 1000 or higher. Now this one get serious, enemies are around level 30. Also, every door needs to be hacked - it is highly recommended you have a dedicated player ahead with cyphers on his inventory for autohack. On the top rail you will see yellow items - these are mines. Your advance player should blow them up as they will damage the shield core a great deal. Ideally you want to score over 2k for the clan competition. Both a Trinity and a Mag are highly recommended since the shield core will drain your shields at a high rate.

molnizzle

TETHRA'S DOOM EVENT QUICK GUIDE

a) Collect from your inbox the recipes for the two keys, the power core and the shield core keys.

b) Head to Earth and enter the Tethra's Doom event node. Just do one wave and you'll get rewarded with 2 data fragments when you extract. Repeat as necessary.

d) Use Power Core Key to access the special event tileset. Score 500 or higher.

e) Use Shield core Key to access very special event tileset. Score 1000 or higher.

Nice. I'll have an image up for this event by tomorrow.

Yeah, this one seems a lot more manageable.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I don't get what we did wrong. We scored only 250 on the smaller event, and it was real easy. How do we get the number higher?

2 people need to be under the core for it to move at top speed, afaik. You see those green rays from the core to the warframe? They indicate the core is being powered.

Have a trinity with blessing and a mag with shield restore. The core will sap shields even with blessing, thats where mag comes in. I am not sure, but perhaps if you don't have shields the core does not move.

For the harder event you want an advance player with the cyphers that do autohack (you cna buy a reusable bp from the market) and to blow up the mines. Might need to do a couple runs, the advance player has to memorize where the hacking consoles are, if you wait until they show up on the minimap to move you will lose precious time. Saryn works well as advance player because miasma will wipe out any grineer around.

So i dont get this (maybe because its my first operation) but when i check my profile it says
Thetra's Doom : 1,714 so what does that mean? what rewards will i get, i dont know if i did the first or second stage.

First Stage (Fomorian Power Cores)

Individual Rewards

Tier 1: Complete mission with between 1 and 249 points and you will receive an Event Badge and a 3-Day Affinity Booster
Tier 2: Complete mission with between 250 and 499 points and you will receive the Tier 1 rewards plus the following four Mods:
Jolt: (Pistol) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
Shell Shock: (Shotgun) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
High Voltage: (Rifle) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
Voltaic Strike: (Melee) 15% Proc chance + 15% Electricity damage
Tier 3: Complete mission with 500 points or more and you will receive the Gorgon Wraith plus the Tier 1 and 2 rewards.

Clan Rewards

A Gold, Silver and Bronze Clan Statue will be distributed to the top three Clans in each Clan Tier.

Second Stage (Fomorian Shield Cores)

Individual Rewards

Complete mission with 1,000 points or more and you will receive a Quantum Badge (a brand new type of badge that uses particles) as well as all three reward tiers from the first stage. [1]

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
^ If you score over 1000, you get ALL the rewards. Mods, Gorgon, badges. So, you're done :p

BUT there is a clan competition. Top three clans in each tier get a dojo trophy just like for the cicero crisis.

Everyone should score over 2000 at least!

So, you're not done, yet.

=)

BUT there is a clan competition. Top three clans in each tier get a dojo trophy just like for the cicero crisis.

=)
Eh. I asked if I could join a guild group, and no one responded. If everyone wants to group with me to get my points up, I will oblige, but it isn't something I am going to dedicate time to.

kmg90

The game's performance has come a long way since launch. It is remarkably better now. I still remember when 20 fps on a survival mission was a good session

I've had some really bad drops recently, but they only last about 10-15 seconds before clearing up. Still a bit of a downer though.

What irks me still though is the loading times still need a bit to go before even becoming close to the load times on PC...

SnakeEyes

Banned

=)
Oh great, so there's another Guild Challenge? Then you were wrong - this IS going to be as bad as the Cicero Crisis, in terms of getting the Clan to sort their shit out :p

Edit: I'm just tired...

Tired from LAUGHING all morning at the news that FB bought Oculus Rift. Morpheus wins.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Huh. Just posted on the WarFrame FB page:

"PS4 Tenno! We were made aware and have resolved the issue affecting The Void in today's PS4 update. Sorry for any trouble this caused!"

Can anyone verify it's actually fixed?

redhot_

Huh. Just posted on the WarFrame FB page:

"PS4 Tenno! We were made aware and have resolved the issue affecting The Void in today's PS4 update. Sorry for any trouble this caused!"

Can anyone verify it's actually fixed?

Just did two exterminate tower ll's solo and didn't lock up.

Pollux

Ok, Ok....this game is fun. I was a little hesitant after the first mission, but after doing some wall jumps and sword kills I'm sold.

Edgeward

Remote play is snappier now, it seems. The responsiveness during the menus seems better. They say they fixed the remote play controls needing to be switched everytime you go back and forth to ps4. Gonna need to test this out later.

Gonna really need to hit this event because i still need an elec mod. This is great timing.

Can someone send me an invite to the chat again? I had to delete it before due to issues.

I have tried for almost 3 hours to do the first mission of the challenge, the one on Earth. in all that time I completed one mission and got 2 parts. I am so annoyed every round either the host disconnects, or we fail the mission since randoms have no idea what they are doing. This is so frustrating.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'd appreciate a chat invite too, PSN: SuperDeanio

Only people in the clan get into the chat.

Want into the clan?

I have tried for almost 3 hours to do the first mission of the challenge, the one on Earth. in all that time I completed one mission and got 2 parts. I am so annoyed every round either the host disconnects, or we fail the mission since randoms have no idea what they are doing. This is so frustrating.

What's your PSN? Try our psn chat, although at the moment it's a Rhino Prime rush haha, might have to wait it a day or two =)

Top Bottom