• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I'm not sure heavy caliber is something I want to include due to hit on accuracy. Wiki write up doesn't sound good either:

If you said Hammer Shot I would be totally up for that.

Heavy Cal is a crucial damage addition for several of the best weapons of the game (Boltor P, Synapse, Debatably even Soma). Hammershot, in contrast, is slightly less useful than an extra elemental mod, really only worth it if you want every ounce of status or insist on general builds even at the expense of overall DPS. Probably the most over rated mod in the game.

Vorheez

Hey guys, any good recommendations on a melee weapon? I want something big and beastly to pair with my Rhino (which is done building tonight, shit yeah). I've heard many suggestions for the Galatine but I don't like the look and don't want something everyone else is using. I was thinking the Scindo?

Parmenide

Hey guys, any good recommendations on a melee weapon? I want something big and beastly to pair with my Rhino (which is done building tonight, shit yeah). I've heard many suggestions for the Galatine but I don't like the look and don't want something everyone else is using. I was thinking the Scindo?
Wait for Melee 2.0.

DoctorX807

Neo Member

I just finished leveling up the Scindo and was very underwhelmed by it. Even with charge speed significantly dropped it just felt like it took forever to wind up and the damage wasn't that great. The jump attack on it is pretty decent though.

But if you are going to be playing the game for awhile you will eventually be leveling everything up so liking the look of something is as good a reason to give it a try as any.

Vorheez

Thanks for taking the time to actually give me a straight answer Doctor, I really appreciate it! Your help has made Warframe a lot easier to get my head around haha.

I'll be on tonight if you wanted to hop in a squad together.

DoctorX807

Neo Member
Yep I should be on later tonight and with you having Rhino we will have to go run a couple of tower runs. I just finished cooking the Ogris (rocket launcher) so I will see if I can kill myself with it a couple of times tonight...

HORRORSHØW

hey bitmap. i went and touched up the clan emblem to make it pop a little more. let me know if you guys want to change it. i'll pony up the plat.

here's the original:
warframe_clan_emblemoofc8v.png

here's one with a grey border and slight darker colors:
warframe_clan_emblemrnii0h.png

here's one with an orange border and even more darker colors:
warframe_clan_emblemodoeda.png

Can you add some depth or shadows to the image?

warframe_clan_emblemon8ka7.png

3x border:

warframe_clan_emblemf1ji1j.png

warframe_clan_emblemfpozvi.png

smaller, 128x120 versions:

warframe_clan_emblemob4by5.png
warframe_clan_emblemrpqbdw.png
warframe_clan_emblem_60o59.png
warframe_clan_emblemo9jbel.png
warframe_clan_emblemfsoyk0.png
warframe_clan_emblemow4j4o.png
warframe_clan_emblemffxxp5.png

Cronnie

Another vote for the orange borders one here.

Oh and your post just made me realise the fact I coincidentally (or is it?) picked the grey and orange colours of GAF for my Warframe colour scheme.

Grimløck;109629685 said:
hey bitmap. i went and touched up the clan emblem to make it pop a little more. let me know if you guys want to change it. i'll pony up the plat.

Can you add some depth or shadows to the image?

HORRORSHØW

i'm not sure how the shadows are going to look in-game, or if they're even going to make a discernible difference.

@bitmap: how does the clan emblem upload work? can you do it through the web, or do you have to do it in-game? it there a previewer? i was hoping we could get it in before DE sends the next patch into cert.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Grimløck;109647577 said:
i'm not sure how the shadows are going to look in-game, or if they're even going to make a discernible difference.

@bitmap: how does the clan emblem upload work? can you do it through the web, or do you have to do it in-game? it there a previewer? i was hoping we could get it in before DE sends the next patch into cert.

It is uploaded through the website.

The upload form mentions this "You will get a chance to preview the image before it gets submitted with your platinum" but I do not know what type of preview it is.

Also, "1. Clan Emblem must be a 128x128 .PNG file. No exceptions."

HORRORSHØW

It is uploaded through the website.

The upload form mentions this "You will get a chance to preview the image before it gets submitted with your platinum" but I do not know what type of preview it is.

Also, "1. Clan Emblem must be a 128x128 .PNG file. No exceptions."

here are the final two at 128x128:

warframe_clan_emblemfckrxs.png
warframe_clan_emblemftzreg.png

people seem to like the one on the right with the shadows. check 'em out in the previews and let us know which one you think is best. i will give you the platinum whenever you can log into the game, unless you don't have enough plat right now. in that case we can just change the emblem at a later date.

also, thanks everyone, but i can't take credit for the design--i just touched it up a little.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Well, the shadowing is grey and that excalibro is grey-tastic so...

Grinlock, maybe you wanna use something like a bright red for the shadowing just to exagerate it and be able to see it on the preview?

HORRORSHØW

Well, the shadowing is grey and that excalibro is grey-tastic so...

Grinlock, maybe you wanna use something like a bright red for the shadowing just to exagerate it and be able to see it on the preview?
i'll do that later tonight. i need to be at work all day today. at least it pops a little more than the current emblem.

whipped this up real quick:
warframe_clan_emblemf7vd9p.png

So what nerfs will affect nova again? Also I missed Kara Helmet again =(

The cicero event guns are better

But it's free mastery Lol
Even though the wraith twin vipers are better, they were still just mastery for me.

I hate they feel the need to nerf Nova and trinity, what have they really done to upset people?
They should try improving some of the other frames instead.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I prefer the most bright version of the Clan Logo, because it would be nice to actually be able to see it. So the last one is my pick :)

HORRORSHØW

previewA_zps519591ad.png

previewB_zps35293075.png

previewshiny_zps6a18a224.png

i honestly can't differentiate the difference between these three. my vote goes to the one with black shadows, however. i made a final one, one with 6x borders:

warframe_clan_emblem6i4e18.png

compared to the one with 4x borders:

warframe_clan_emblemftzreg.png

either one is good with me.

Top Bottom