• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Hellshy.

I just started playing warframe again the other day and it seems to have improved big time from a few months ago.

I am having such a good time with this game. Is the gaf clan recruiting?

Noob questions, so i apologize in advance. New to the game, tried an early mission and was really bored by the big bland level. You guys seem really excited about it, which makes me want to give it another go. Reading the OP makes it sound like Borderlands, which is very exciting. If that's the case, what is the difference between Warframe and something like Destiny? I mean, it's almost like Warframe offers everything Destiny promises...now.

Robotziane

Neo Member
Noob questions, so i apologize in advance. New to the game, tried an early mission and was really bored by the big bland level. You guys seem really excited about it, which makes me want to give it another go. Reading the OP makes it sound like Borderlands, which is very exciting. If that's the case, what is the difference between Warframe and something like Destiny? I mean, it's almost like Warframe offers everything Destiny promises...now.

Personally I find its not so much about the levels etc and more about the depth of customisation the game offers. I have recently hit 100 hours playtime and I am in still discovering new aspects to the gameplay. Their is always something to aim for, be it a new weapon or warframe blueprint to obtain or farming the parts needed for said items. As their is much more work required to get new items I think the payoff when building them is much greater than just finding a weapon in borderlands.

Yes its free to play, but its very fair in the way it handles this and to be perfectly honest has single handedly changed my opinion on free to play games. It also helps that the community is great too - especially the GAF clan, who i must say are very welcoming to newcomers.

...its also much, much better than borderlands - in my opinion of course.

Try to sink a few hours into it and get a handle of leveling and modding equipment then see how you feel.

Hellshy.

Well I think Destiny will be offering more in the story department plus it has vehicles ehich warframe does not. Also You can team up with other squads in destiny with global events u can not in warframe. There is also multuplayer which warframe kinda has in the dojo. That said, warframe had me bored for a bit until I learned the game more. Im looking to get into a clan now which I think is crucial if u want to really get into the game.

I dont see how it is like Borderlands at all. BL is all about the story and the wonderful humor that those games has on top of all the loot you get. The story in Warframe is not really a big part of the experience or anything. It is way more about crating that next thing or hitting another level in your frame/weapons so you can equip a better mod. I really like both games but I dont think they are very similar at all.

Hellshy.

I dont see how it is like Borderlands at all. BL is all about the story and the wonderful humor that those games has on top of all the loot you get. The story in Warframe is not really a big part of the experience or anything. It is way more about crating that next thing or hitting another level in your frame/weapons so you can equip a better mod. I really like both games but I dont think they are very similar at all.

I have to agree. They both have lots of loot and are co-op but the similaries pretty much end there. Sure they both have tyings like elementalbdamage but so does 1000 other games

manfestival

destiny is more like borderlands than warframe is to borderlands. The feel is just way too different in warframe compared to the other games.

I really hope that DE goes crazy with helmet alerts before they take them away. It sucks that I havent even seen the Guass come up in all this time.

I really hope that DE goes crazy with helmet alerts before they take them away. It sucks that I havent even seen the Guass come up in all this time.

I have the Guass BP, but I'm not sure I want to build it.

All the helmets I want are already built. All the helmets that aren't built I don't want.
+25% energy max for -3% speed on Mag is not worth it to me. No reason to switch from the coil helmet either...

If anything, I'll probably wait till after they remove the stat adjustment to build the Guass...Thrak, avalon, etc...

Hoodbury

I had a weird message pop up last night on my PS4 notification thing. I wish I would have taken a screen shot of it, but it was something like "Unable to download Warframe update from a different PS4" or something along those lines. I was able to play the game just fine with no issues.

Has anyone ever seen that? You don't think someone has hacked my PSN account do you?

I had a weird message pop up last night on my PS4 notification thing. I wish I would have taken a screen shot of it, but it was something like "Unable to download Warframe update from a different PS4" or something along those lines. I was able to play the game just fine with no issues.

Has anyone ever seen that? You don't think someone has hacked my PSN account do you?

Since the 1.7 update I get that message non-stop. I have to go in and manually do the save data updates since everytime it fails now and says something about the data being created on a different PS4. It is comical that Sony puts out 1 update in 6 months and it is such a mess. Hopefully they can get it fixed quick.

IvorB

The update has been sent to cert. I hope our updated clan emblem made into it.
I think we should start contacting some active clans to arrange alliances before it hits.

Been deep diving into FF XIV lately so haven't played much but still in the loop.

Dave1988

Since the 1.7 update I get that message non-stop. I have to go in and manually do the save data updates since everytime it fails now and says something about the data being created on a different PS4. It is comical that Sony puts out 1 update in 6 months and it is such a mess. Hopefully they can get it fixed quick.

This is nothing new. It's been happening even before FW1.70.

This is nothing new. It's been happening even before FW1.70.

Weird that it never happened before the update and now the notifications about failure to upload save data pop up all the time. I also tried to use remote player on my vita last night and it just sat on the checking network environment screen for ever.

bLaiSe

Attention GAFFrame!

When Update 13 hits, I'm planning to do an in-house screenshot contest. Your task will be simple: Turn off the HUD and try to capture an awesome looking picture from the game. Everyone can have only one submission, which can be changed anytime.
The three best looking screenshots will receive a good chunk of platinum. (500/400/300 platinum*)
The contest will start when U13 gets released and will last for 2 weeks. Please don't post your pictures until then. I will be the judge. :)

(*Note: The winners will need 500 credits/platinum to be able to claim their prizes.)

Good luck to everyone!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Attention GAFFrame!

When Update 13 hits, I'm planning to do an in-house screenshot contest. Your task will be simple: Turn off the HUD and try to capture an awesome looking picture from the game. Everyone can have only one submission, which can be changed anytime.
The three best looking screenshots will receive a good chunk of platinum. (500/400/300 platinum*)
The contest will start when U13 gets released and will last for 2 weeks. Please don't post your pictures until then. I will be the judge. :)

(*Note: The winners will need 500 credits/platinum to be able to claim their prizes.)

Good luck to everyone!

Great event!

Much success!

HORRORSHØW

Attention GAFFrame!

Good luck to everyone!
sugar daddy blaise with the hook up. good luck everyone.

do you turn off the HUD through the options menu?

bLaiSe

Grimløck;110504563 said:
sugar daddy blaise with the hook up. good luck everyone.

do you turn off the HUD through the options menu?
Hah! I was planning to do something like this for a while. Now that the export to USB option is there, it will be easy to post those screenshots.

The HUD can be turned off in the options menu, under the HUD tab.

It seems like they're doing them more frequently. I think I saw 4 stat helms on alert today.

Yeah I finally got the storm volt helm today. I just realized that I also nearly have all the helms made as well-didn't even realize lol. I think all I need now is the Aura Trinity, both Mag helms, the kara valkyr helm, the mahkor oberon and the other Volt head which I think isn't quite as needed as the storm helm.

Hunting helms and leveling useless weapons to 30 and then dumping them will keep me busy until update 13. I still can't believe I never got the Skana to max or the Lato, which is weird cause I make a habit of leveling everything to 30 even if I don't like it.

Somebody tells me that it gets a LOT better.

Played 3 matches. All were the same with 3 different groups of people:

Attempt to follow objective markers but roam about getting completely lost with people asking 'Where do we go?'. Reach an objective point and run around for five minutes wondering, "Uh, what do we do?" People drop off, mission incomplete.

These early levels are large and boring as hell, which is a shame. The game looks fantastic and i LOVE the designs.

But by the time i finally finished a mission, I was over it. Really want to enjoy the game because of all the hype on Gaf...and because it's gorgeous. That said. Ugh.

new to the PS4 experience, PSN is your real name only visible to you? or can everyone else see it?

You have to send someone a real name request, and then they can see your real name and you can see there's. You won't see any of it in a game though-just your normal PSN ID. Friends of friends won't be able to see your real name either unless they send you a friend request and request a real name.

I myself prefer using my real name personally and wish it would appear in games :/

Hoodbury

Somebody tells me that it gets a LOT better.

Played 3 matches. All were the same with 3 different groups of people:

Attempt to follow objective markers but roam about getting completely lost with people asking 'Where do we go?'. Reach an objective point and run around for five minutes wondering, "Uh, what do we do?" People drop off, mission incomplete.

These early levels are large and boring as hell, which is a shame. The game looks fantastic and i LOVE the designs.

But by the time i finally finished a mission, I was over it. Really want to enjoy the game because of all the hype on Gaf...and because it's gorgeous. That said. Ugh.

The maps are all randomly generated each time you do a mission but you do start to get better at figuring out how to navigate through. Plus not all missions are follow the marker, Try getting to the Laires map in Mercury and see how you like that mission; it's a defense mission and those are my favorite.

joecanada

Important!!! All noobs! I have been playing for several weeks and just yesterday read a post of someone stating that psplus has an introductory offer for warframe
So I went on the store as I was thinking of purchasing some plats maybe 10 bucks worth

It's true 100 plats plus guns, etc for all psplus members!! I'm sure the OP posted this but in case others did not know it's a great beginners boost!!!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Allright, it is time to spill the beans a little...

U13 is gonna come with a lot of goodies, but the one that concerns this post are Dark Sectors and alliances.

Dark Sectors are player owned nodes on the map. Running them yields more credits, experience and resources than regular map nodes. Dark Sectors will be additional nodes, as in no node already on the starchart will be converted to dark sector status.

So, players can own it? How does it work?

Essentially the entitiy (clan or alliance) that owns a Dark Sector can tax it. It can also stablish different taxes for members and non members.

We as a clan are joining an alliance. For you as a member, it will impact you in two ways: first, you will access the alliance owned dark sectors at a low tax rate allowing you to accrue large amounts of resources. The second is that it is expected that you help defend the alliance dark sectors when they are contested by other alliances (do not fret, these do not involve PvP). Defending or attacking Dark Sectors works much like invasion missions work today, the difference is that instead of fighting for the Grineer or the Corpus you will fight for player alliances.

The Dark Sectors have massive bonuses when it comes to experience, credits and resources. It is well worth it to run them without being taxed. It will also accrue tons of resources for our clan and the devs have hinted that will play a part in the Proxy Wars factions that are to come.

There will be more details posted when U13 deploys.

ethomaz

Banned
I posted in the PC thread... so here is my questions.

I have a bit weird question.... maybe some GAFer can help me.

I found €5 in my EU PSN account today (the last time I added found to this account was in 2011) and now I want to expend this money on Warframe but my use to play it the US PSN account (my master account).

1. If I purchase Platinum on EU PSN account it will show on my Warframe account (US PSN)?

2. Are there any way to transfer this money or Platinum from one account to another?

Thanks.

Top Bottom